• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone that usally rolls str, dex, or both i'm finding my faith run to quite entertaining. Also coming off of the X1 build the boss fights i had trouble with due to input lag aren't much of an issue on PS4.

Iorv3th

Just beat the boss of the cat
hedral
Used the sword I got from Fa
rron
Thing does life steal with multiple hits and was great on that boss. Think I might try the pontiff eye with this sword.

Shane

I've had a few occasions where an enemy suddenly has complete disregard for stamina; they go into an endless flurry of attacks until I die. Not sure what's triggering that.

Anyway, it's okay so far. Found some huge, open double doors that I shall presume is the next big boss. The art design is fantastic.

Moved from the Steam controller back to the 360 one and it's much better. Locking-on was awkward with the Steam controller even with a double-tap configuration.

Wait...where the hell do I go now?

I just beat CG, and...I...am unsure where else there is to go in the U
ndead
S
ettlement
. I've torn this place inside out to find every secret so I dunno where I missed.

Okay, so I may have given L
oretta's
B
one
to Snuggly. My bad for not looking at wiki or anything. I realize I may have cut myself off from a vendor, maybe some quests. How much am I really missing by having wasted that resource?

Birathen

Yeah it was working great for me last night, got summoned like 4 times until i took it off. It probably depends on the amount of people using it. Because it only summons one person. Also what systems are you on and whats your NAT?

Maybe your NAT setting is bad? You have PS Plus or Xbox Live Gold right?

I got it to work 3 times last night. My invasions work fine along with coop. Its probably just that there are more sentinels then there are way of blue peeps out there :)

How do I check Nat? On xbox360 I remember checking if Nat was open or something.

leehom

Me and this guy from JP spent over 3 hours trying to kill Dancer of Boreal Valley with our lev 10's.....every time we get close, he would die :(

I think I found a way to cheese him, but need to do it solo and I'm not that far yet.

Jamiaro

Wait...where the hell do I go now?

I just beat CG, and...I...am unsure where else there is to go in the U
ndead
S
ettlement
. I've torn this place inside out to find every secret so I dunno where I missed.

Have you checked
the bottom floor of the tower with the arrow-giant on top? The elevator goes down as well.

Demoskinos

I'll give DS3 this. The game legit managed to make me yelp out loud in fear a few times now.
Especially in the swamp like area with the crabs. Didn't see that big fucker and I'm walking along and turn around and see him like two seconds before he runs me over like a train.

Soulflarz

Banned
Do you get anything for killing the
Giant in the tower that shoots the arrows down into the undead village area?

Don't be a meanie

Yes and I see a lift behind it.Its locked!

riprip

NEVERMIND >__<
That key is from the hub guy by the middle throne

I'll give DS3 this. The game legit managed to make me yelp out loud in fear a few times now.
Especially in the swamp like area with the crabs. Didn't see that big fucker and I'm walking along and turn around and see him like two seconds before he runs me over like a train.

I hope you like spiders

Equip a knife and use the dash special to surf through the muck at full speed. You can even use it without FP.

It's everything about it. I hate the enemies, I hate the level design, I hate the muck, the non stop poison threat.

It's the worst zone From has ever put in a Souls game imo

The (optional boss) C
hampion
G
undyr
fight is now one of my favorite boss fights in Souls. No magic, no shields...just a dance with steel.

Wagram

Update: To those of you had difficulty with that one NPC disappearing after speaking in the Church. Go talk to Yulia and you can continue the questline. It worked for me.

It's late and I'm getting bored farming souls, so I'm going to try to play this with a Steam Controller. I'm expecting nothing but the worst tbh, but at least the new startup sounds were enjoyable. I particularly enjoyed "Triumph".

MUnited83

For you.
Kinda yah, unfortunately. They made them have really low hp.
easily one of the most underwhelming bosses in the entire series. I was so hyped with that opening and that power up sequence.... and then that

It's everything about it. I hate the enemies, I hate the level design, I hate the muck, the non stop poison threat.

It's the worst zone From has ever put in a Souls game imo

agreed

Kinda yah, unfortunately. They made them have really low hp.

I thought there was a central one that served as the proper boss, and then the additionally spawned enemies were easier and just a distraction?

I'm not a fan of the area in general, purely on design basis, but I think it's by far the easiest of the area type in a Souls.

I entirely agree. I genuinely feel like similar areas from DS1 and 2 were not nearly as awful, and I hated them at the time.

I'm not a fan of the area in general, purely on design basis, but I think it's by far the easiest of the area type in a Souls.

It's not even so much the difficulty as I find the area actively annoying and miserable to play. It's just a giant chore and I'm having no fun at all making my way through it

kasane

game still crashes randomly. im getting a refund until this shit is fixed, honestly disappointed. Thought the reviews were all exaggerated but whatever

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, you can get the uchi really early! That's p.cool.

How's Boulder Heave? I hate how boss souls make me pick, taking that spell will lock Havel's Ring away ;_;

And does pyro give me a fire weapon enchant? Where do I find it?
Then does that stack with a fire gem infusion, or would I be better off with the dex or int scaling infusion?

Ogawa-san

Certain weapons keep (enemy type spoiler)
skeletons
dead right?
Using a Butcher's Knife (that can't be enchanted or infused) they'd stay dead after being killed once, so I figured they had done away with the blessed weapon requirement. Not sure if it has to do with weapon type.

Soulflarz

Banned
game still crashes randomly. im getting a refund until this shit is fixed, honestly disappointed. Thought the reviews were all exaggerated but whatever

did you turn lighting to low?

Using a Butcher's Knife (that can't be enchanted or infused) they'd stay dead after being killed once, so I figured they had done away with the blessed weapon requirement. Not sure if it has to do with weapon type.

yep

Is there a list of summonable NPCs and for which boss fights anywhere? For some reason I don't notice them as much in DSIII. The sign colour doesn't stand out as much.

I worry I'm gonna miss some and stuff up their quest lines like in DSII. :(

Are the Abyss Watchers supposed to be pathetically easy?

It's interesting you say that because I died like 6-7 times to them. They were tough for me.

I have to ask. Does the AI in this game have lock-on technology for their attacks like DS2 does?

I think it's a harder version of dark souls 1. I've been able to roll through attacks, but the enemies are less forgiving than DS1. A fair amount of poise/hyper armor. I like the result. Feels tough but fair. Less cheap than DS2, IMO

I've beaten two bosses, but still haven't found the orange soapstone. Did I miss it or do you not need it to write messages?

It's in the start menu. It's its own pane.

Auctopus

I have to ask. Does the AI in this game have lock-on technology for their attacks like DS2 does?

Some. Maybe 1 or two. They're not unpredictable it's just when the AI winds up, they still have the ability to pick a target so you just have to roll at the last moment.

Gotta say the fight with N
ameless
K
ing
is horribly designed. The camera goes insane and the
fire attack
is borderline unavoidable and insta-kills. Wow.

Soulflarz

Banned
So, I figure I'll ask it now, and repost in the day, when you know, a lot of people who will miss this post are here

What do you guys think of a soulsborne that is much more simplified? Not bloodborne style where you get your weapons and they're all presets for each category and the armor doesn't matter, but I mean where everything has a static values.
To reword that, what do you guys think of a souls game where you cannot level up, you cannot increase stat X or Y, etc. Your HP is constant, as are many other things.

I could see it being a lot more fun than the current formula. It would also fix the inherent issue of going back to old areas and simply having too much HP/Str to care about trying vs crushing enemies via tanking and mashing attack until they drop in two hits.

If you found a boss hard, everyone had a similar experience, or a similar opportunity.
You'd overcome the boss my learning his patterns and getting better at reading and reacting, instead of your build simply being overall better throughout the whole game.

I think it has the potential to be a lot more interesting.
Souls would be dropped from levels to say, give you your armor and weapon choices, but it wouldn't be anything like it is now, where death is a loss of actual progress in the game because of a loss of levels.

I feel like Bloodborne half assed making things static, giving us a situation where some stats are semi-meaningless (bloodtinge largely) and certain weapons aren't balanced well, which leads into my only major issue I could see. They did balance defense well, as the only notable change you're making to that is your HP value- the bars draining relatively the same for everyone in the game.
Anyways, back to that major issue- they'd have to design these bosses and the balancing miles above what they do now so that we can't just pull another Ludwig Sword instance and stunlock everyone for days. On the other hand, with these set encounters, we all find it "as difficult" and such and can enjoy beating it that much more.

I want a souls game that fully requires skill, not some level and build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom