• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandelbo

Copy pasting this from the Wiki for people who may not be aware:

Run and Roll Speed
The roll and run speed of the player will vary with the amount of equipped weight.

Equip Weight above 100% of total Equip Load leaves the player unable to roll and run.
Trying to roll or backstep at this weight will stun the character.
Equip weight above 50% and up to 100% of Equip Load gives slow movement, and causes the player to 'fat roll'.
Equip weight above 25% and up to 50% of Equip Load gives medium movement.
There are also two different speeds to medium rolls, above and below 37.5%.
Equip weight equal to and below 25% of Equip Load gives fast movement.
Equip weight below 25% also has 4 individual speeds:
The fastest speed is achieved at 0% equip. The only weapons with no weight are Dragon Body and the Pyromancy Flame.
The other speed ranges are from 0.1% to 8.3%, 8.4% to 16.6%, and 16.7% to 25%.

Those're DS1's roll mechanics, aren't they? Above 70% is fat roll here, and I haven't seen any change in run speed.

How do I help people beat bosses? I don't need help beating bosses, but I don't mind helping if it means I get Embers. What else do you get for helping with killing bosses?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This is wrong for DS3? Think that's from 1 or 2. Here is 3:

0-30% Fastest state: very fast rolls that go the furthest, with 13 iframes. Fast Backsteps
30-70% Regular state: medium rolls with 13 iframes. Fast Backsteps
70-100% Slow state: "fat" slow and short rolls, 12 iframes Slow Backsteps.
Over 100% Overburdened: cannot roll or backstep

Yea I copied from the wrong tab like a dunce XD

How do I help people beat bosses? I don't need help beating bosses, but I don't mind helping if it means I get Embers. What else do you get for helping with killing bosses?

Use your White Soapstone to drop your summon sign down somewhere (usually in front of boss doors). You can get an Ember and Embered status when you help defeat a boss, souls, and any covenant related items (Medals of Sunlight for Sunbros, etc).

Auctopus

So,
Deacons of the Deep
is a joke fight, right?

They didn't actually think that was an okay bossfight to put out... Right?

It was a WORSE version of
Dark Souls II's Skeleton Lords
. At least that had different kinds of enemies...

Skeleton Lords
is a better fight and not really like
Deacons of the Deep
at all. But I agree that it's a gimmick and a bit of a let down to such an atmospheric area.

Impulsor

How does the PS4 version fare? any significant FPS drops? even in the dreaded areas that were mentioned pre release?

I'm playing on PC but have the PS4 version for the lols and to be able to play at my parent when I visit.

vac

Neo Member
I probably should more often. Thing is, lock on works really well sometimes, but if there's a larger enemy and you're near any kind of corner, the game just breaks.

I just toggle it based on circumstances. There's a lot of times where you need to move in a certain way or hit a certain part of a big boss and lock on will do the complete opposite of what you want. Just another thing you have to add into your battle tactics.

buy the white soapstone from the lady in the chair at shrine

you get souls too

Use your White Soapstone to drop your summon sign down somewhere (usually in front of boss doors). You can get an Ember and Embered status when you help defeat a boss, souls, and any covenant related items (Medals of Sunlight for Sunbros, etc).

Thanks.

If I beat help beat a boss in someone's game I joined, does it count for my world when I disconnect from the host?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I just toggle it based on circumstances. There's a lot of times where you need to move in a certain way or hit a certain part of a big boss and lock on will do the complete opposite of what you want. Just another thing you have to add into your battle tactics.
Yeah, I'm aware of toggling and do it myself all the time. Thing is, if you're locked into an enemy, the game shouldn't make it so that being locked on makes it impossible to see the enemy. LULZ. Just a frustration that I occasionally have with the game, and it can get really annoying on late-game bosses.

fozzy

First day back at work since it came out and I'm dying to get back to it! I'm hoping a break away can get me through the platea I've hit at the cathedral. Must have lost 20k souls!

Auctopus

Anyone noticed where most people need co-op help?

I was throwing down my sunlight sign at a few boss doors last night and wasn't getting any bites.

So most DS fans seem to rate DS2 as the worst.

I'm still on my first play through and have reached The Gutter (part of The Pit) and the game is becoming less fun to play. I can't beat the boss in the Iron Keep so I moved to The Pit in the hope it would freshen things up.

Does it pick up after this or should I just move on to DS3?

Moff

I was throwing down my sunlight sign at a few boss doors last night and wasn't getting any bites.
in my experience there are too many who want to be summoned, that's why you may have to wait

Auctopus

I'm still on my first play through and have reached The Gutter (part of The Pit) and the game is becoming less fun to play. I can't beat the boss in the Iron Keep so I moved to The Pit in the hope it would freshen things up.

I'd play through DS3 now just because playing it when everyoen else is playing it is fun. You can always go back to DS2. I don't like the game overall so imo, it doesn't pick up if you haven't enjoyed it so far.

Menome

At the moment, I'm helping at the
Greatwood
boss early on, as it's quick and easy to do once you know how and a lot of people get stuck on it.

I'm waiting no more than 1-2 minutes between summons there.

RyudBoy

XB1 controller suddenly stopped working with the game, but still works with any other game I play. Weird and frustrating as hell. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm using it wireless with the adapter, btw.

edit: nvm figured it out.

I'd play through DS3 now just because playing it when everyoen else is playing it is fun. You can always go back to DS2. I don't like the game overall so imo, it doesn't pick up if you haven't enjoyed it so far.

That's the thing, I really enjoyed the challenge until I got to the Iron Keep.

Rocketz

Almost 17 hours in and I'm starting to to my stride. Granted the last few hours have been really cleaning stuff I missed the first time though but I'm getting the feeling back.

Beat 3 bosses so far along with a mini boss (s
tray demon
). I've got 2/3 t
owers
in F
arron's
K
eep
done. That area is a real treat that's for sure :/

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Whoa, so... (Late game gear spoiler)

Havel's Shield has a powerful ability (turning to stone)and it barely takes any FP. It seems like I'm taking about half the damage I normally would, and my POISE is through the roof. Pretty cool stuff, and with the shield being 30 LBS (!) it's probably not a bad trade off.

I finally had my first "Woah" moment.

Walking out of the
Catacombs
into
Irrithyl
was great, but now i need to find some damn
doll

Auctopus

That's the thing, I really enjoyed the challenge until I got to the Iron Keep.

I'd say go as far as
grabbing the 4 great souls (Finish The Gutter, Finish Iron Keep: Both areas are obnoxious) and unlocking the shrine of Winter. If you're not feeling the area after that then I'd say give up.

CoolZombie

How does the PS4 version fare? any significant FPS drops? even in the dreaded areas that were mentioned pre release?

I'm playing on PC but have the PS4 version for the lols and to be able to play at my parent when I visit.

Well I've put about 15hrs into the X1 version and it runs and looks great IMO. The PS4 version is probably a little better so there shouldn't be any major issues.

That infinite souls glitch is absolutely ridiculous, anyone who uses it is only cheating themselves. Why would anyone do that in a Souls game? Isn't fighting for everything the entire point of the game? Every small victory feels so rewarding.

And after all, how in the fuck would anyone figure this out? Just press all the buttons at the same time like a fucking maniac? Jesus....

Just had a great experience! Got summoned by someone near the
crystal sage
door, dude was fighting a red phantom, 1 hit away from death. A merry chase began, and ended with me dispatching the invader. Bow to the host, get sent off. Cool. Other guy sends a friend request just to yell at me for being a ganker. Hilarious!

CoolZombie

Been playing the X1 version and defeated the Crystal Sage last night. Had to save for the evening as it was getting late but can't wait to get back in tonight. My favourites Souls game ever so far, including BB (although it's a close one).

vocab

DS3 is a better game. More like Demons Souls. SOTFS was such an annoying experience for me I basically had to force my self to beat it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
time to bang my head against the
dancer
again >_>

Footos22

7 hours in and I've just left undead settlement, I prob searched everywhere. Such a good area. I doubt I left a stone unturned. Actually I didn't get in cage guys cage.so missed that covenant now lol oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom