• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff

In the undead settlement, where you first meet him coming up the lift. Jump on the same lift and as it goes up, about halfway is another level you can jump to, he will be sitting around there.

but doesn't that lift go down? how do you make it go up?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Second Apocalypse Edition just showed up... now just waiting for the remaining shit from Amazon.

wInvU5zh.jpg

I was gonna get on pc until I read about all of the crashing. I prefer my games to not suddenly close for no reason so I stuck with ps4. A little over halfway done and loving the game!

Shredderi

Why does the game sometimes change my selected item to something else? I've died too many times in a pinch trying to drink estus only for homeward bone to be activated? Fucking annoying.

And no knowledge of the
Carthus Milkring's usefulness outside PVP?

Question about boss weapon, a Greatsword, around third/fourth boss:
How viable is the Wolf Knight's Greatsword? I'm using a Claymore that I infused with Heavy for a C STR scaling, I'm a pure STR build. I like the moveset of the Wolf Knight's Greatsword, and its C scaling is the same as my Claymore. Can I switch to it and expect to finish the game with it? I plan on using a greatsword of any kind regardless..

Also, I play PvE exclusively.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats better than the now From staple dragon breathing fire on a bridge?
why two dragons breathing fire on a bridge of course!

Anyone got any tips for the Faron's Keep boss?
His second phase is killing me :(

I had trouble at the same spot, but managed to beat the boss when I
stopped trying to block anything at the 2nd phase and just kept trying to dodge his blows while keeping a medium distance and look for opening to punish. It's one of those bosses where you need to keep calm when he is wailing at you with his scary flame attacks.

Good luck!

man, i'm struggling in this game lol. some of the very first regular enemies are kicking my ass, this damn knight taking my health so low that i can't even see any red on the health meter haha, managed to run away and roll like crazy to another bonfire. pretty sure all that panic took 5 years away from my life.

gotta love it.

And done. Subtracting the time I spent doing coop and pvp I'd say it took around 22-ish hours to complete. Kinda wish the game did it's own thing
it doesn't feel like all the nods to DS1 really expound on anything. Just felt like references for reference sake. In DS1 you wouldn't stop hearing about badass Gwyn, statues everywhere, multiple references in item descriptions. Who was the boss of this? Fucking Dark Souls Man. I'm not even sure why I did anything in this game to be frank.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Has anyone beaten
the two guys at the bottom of the ladder behind the illusory wall below Anor Lando?

the
sharklizards
? yes. you can pull the right one to the stairs with arrows and fight him in the alcove 1 on 1. I dont see how 2 v 1 is possible, not for me at least

myco666

You know how the game queues up actions while you're rolling? Like if you drink a flask or slash while rolling, it will perform the action after the roll is done. Is that new to DS3?

It has always been there. Don't mash buttons during animation unless you really want that thing to come out.

Has anyone beaten
the two guys at the bottom of the ladder behind the illusory wall below Anor Lando?

You mean the two wolf/beast things? That has to be worst room in the game. Still need to figure it out.

vac

Neo Member

He has low poise which means he gets stunned really easily, but you need a quick weapon imo. I beat him after I stopped trying to roll away from his attacks, what I found best was to roll around behind him, he often leaves himself open from behind after lunging forward. You gotta be quick though as he will roll away pretty quickly

myco666

And done. Subtracting the time I spent doing coop and pvp I'd say it took around 22-ish hours to complete. Kinda wish the game did it's own thing
it doesn't feel like all the nods to DS1 really expound on anything. Just felt like references for reference sake. In DS1 you wouldn't stop hearing about badass Gwyn, statues everywhere, multiple references in item descriptions. Who was the boss of this? Fucking Dark Souls Man. I'm not even sure why I did anything in this game to be frank.

That should be the official name of the last boss.

ogbg

He has low poise which means he gets stunned really easily, but you need a quick weapon imo. I beat him after I stopped trying to roll away from his attacks, what I found best was to roll around behind him, he often leaves himself open from behind after lunging forward. You gotta be quick though as he will roll away pretty quickly

His poise really sucks for a boss (
like Maria in more than one respect
)

I can't believe The Smouldering Lake is an optional area. So much lore there. I've spent like 3 hours there and I'm not even done.

Just remember guys bridges act like ladders too. The amount of people that missed this (I can tell via coop) is staggering.

Rhaknar

is the
consumed king's garden
a optional zone? seems to be completely off the beaten path of where im supposed to go

and also people finishing this in 20 hours or less baffles me, im at 33 and in the zone I just mentioned. Im not saying you didnt explore, but damn, I guess you guys must be really good at these games.

KeRaSh

Question about boss weapon, a Greatsword, around third/fourth boss:
How viable is the Wolf Knight's Greatsword? I'm using a Claymore that I infused with Heavy for a C STR scaling, I'm a pure STR build. I like the moveset of the Wolf Knight's Greatsword, and its C scaling is the same as my Claymore. Can I switch to it and expect to finish the game with it? I plan on using a greatsword of any kind regardless..

Also, I play PvE exclusively.

I'd like to know this as well.

ogbg

For me I feel like
Pontiff
is the boss of this. My favourite fight and music too

Nere

I beat him through backstabbing. When he does his spinny attacks it is easy to get behind him and when he finishes his animation, thus staying still for a few seconds you backstab him then charge your heavy attack while he is down and when he gets up he will take another huge hit. Do that 3 times and you will beat him, at least that's how I did it cause I also had big issues with that boss.

cheezcake

NG+ or different build?

Went DEX for first playthrough and it was alright but weapon choice was disappointingly limited, tossing up between a STR build or INT/FAITH

Woahhhhh just got absolutely rekt on my second boss encounter.

I found a church with a lady called Emma sat in a chair. Saw notes on the floor to attack so I did, placed a bown on the floor by a statue and the nsome crazy boss came into the church from the ceiling and absolutely destroyed me. Only level 18 lol

Edit: although saying that it seems wayyyy too hard to be the second logical boss. Perhaps I found an optional boss? What say you GAF?

Woahhhhh just got absolutely rekt on my second boss encounter.

I found a church with a lady called Emma sat in a chair. Saw notes on the floor to attack so I did, placed a bown on the floor by a statue and the nsome crazy boss came into the church from the ceiling and absolutely destroyed me. Only level 18 lol
you fell for a troll. It's a boss you fight near the end of the game but can trigger early.
just do what she says instead of fighting that boss.

you fell for a troll. It's a boss you fight near the end of the game but can trigger early.
just do what she says instead of fighting that boss.

Ahh shite haha. Will do ;)

Side note: The game is fucking amazing. Bloodborne was the first From game I actually completed and really fell in love with, and I'm obsessed with DS3 already. Sat at work planning my routes, and writing notes on things to try when I get back to my PS4 haha.

Didn't play DS2 and only got to the 4th boss or so on DS1 and I feel like I want more after DS3. Shame they are stepping away from the series for now, but I guess it's time for them to start a new IP perhaps - equally exciting :)

Shredderi

A guestion of greatswords:
Farron's Greatsword of Wolf Knight's? Both have some pretty good movesets and I'm more inclined towards Farron's for style. What say thee?

KeRaSh

its the weapon ive been using since getting it

Is the damage sufficient to finish the game with it? Looking it up in the wiki it seems like the max stats seem a little weak compared to some alternatives but I'll still pick the weapon I like the most as long as the stats aren't complete garbage.

Facism

anyone get massive input lag or inputs just straight up not registering on boss Y
horm the Giant? Also, i though Siegeward was supposed to body this guy easily. Died within 10 seconds of attacking :K

ogbg

Is the damage sufficient to finish the game with it? Looking it up in the wiki it seems like the max stats seem a little weak compared to some alternatives but I'll still pick the weapon I like the most as long as the stats aren't complete garbage.

Every weapon does good enough damage to finish the game

Frillen

The A
byss
W
atchers
was very easy. Took him down on my first try, backstabbed him at least 7 times during the first and second phase.

Rhaknar

yay finally one shot a boss, hadnt done it since the first two lol

Oceirus
was the boss btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom