• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Currently being a sunbro at
Abyss Watcher
. Actually a really fun fight this way since you can keep it 1vs1 in the first phase.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant believe im dying to this
Champion Gundyr
fucker :/

bati

Whoever recommended Dark Sword for pve a couple pages ago, thank you. This thing is amazing, very comfortable moveset, decent reach and pretty good damage. I've quickly replaced my Claymore with it and I'm very happy.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I'm so pissed, I had to get new tires/brake/oil change/insurance payment/car payment this week. I can't get this until like a week, maybe two, from now. :(

Whoever recommended Dark Sword for pve a couple pages ago, thank you. This thing is amazing, very comfortable moveset, decent reach and pretty good damage. I've quickly replaced my Claymore with it and I'm very happy.
Legit.
I've been using it while I try to get the stats to recreate my ds1 and 2 character (Greatsword and board with good rolls) and its been a great help. At +5 it's doing great work getting me through the valley.

psychotron

Where do I get this sword? I just made it to Undead Valley.

Did anyone get to (early game location spoilers)
the fortress at the beginning of the Road of Sacrifices, ceom to the entry hall at the bottom of it where you fight the monster with the ice sword, and think "I'm in Sen's Fortress?"

Because there seems to be an undeniable resemblance to me.

Audioboxer

Been playing around with the idea of a dex/bleed build that can use some basic spells/magic for versatility.

Starting Class: Pyro
SL: 125

Vigor - 40
Attunement - 18 (allows 3 slots)
Endurance - 20
Vitality - 8
Strength - 18 (allows
Carthus
Greatsword 1H)
Dexterity - 40
Intelligence - 15 (cut off for some spells)
Faith - 15 (cut off for some spells)
Luck - 40

Only class that can achieve 125 is Pyro. What does GAF think, any changes needed?

Spent 3 hours in the character creator trying to make this guy:

349751.1.jpg

Instead end up with this guy:
74QXMnb.jpg

LiK

Dat feel when you see a message tell you there's a bonfire coming up and the game decides to ambush you with 5 enemies when I had no more health items. I managed to roll and run my way past them and got to the bonfire.

What an amazing feeling.

Rizzi

Oh boy, From put another shitty poison level in one of their souls games.
I am shocked at this turn of events. This is so much fun you guys, look at how much fun this area is.

Onion homie questline
When he's down the well, if you give him his armour do you lose it? Or can you rebuy it, because I like rocking the goofy head.

Jintor

It was way more tense for me, at least. I never had as much problems in Anor Londo...aside from the archer section. :D

at some point it just got frustrating instead of tense. I think the main thing was I could kill them easily but they could kill me easily, so I fell into the traditional dark souls trap of playing carelessly to try and do my corpse run and then dying and spiraling out from there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wish I knew how to parry maybe then this boss wouldnt be such a cunt

Audioboxer

40 luck seems excessive lol. How is that working for you?

Not tried it yet. 40 might be excessive lol. Guess I could cut it down and put 10 points elsewhere. I just thought it would help bleed buildup/damage.

I saw on stream that Dark Souls is getting a 1.04 update. Anyone have their game update yet?

Startup of game says Monday. It says it's the calibration going to 1.04, not sure if a patch is needed or all server side. Some balance changes.

Have you checked
the bottom floor of the tower with the arrow-giant on top? The elevator goes down as well.

Oh, haha, thank you. I went there but
ran away cause I thought it was like the crystal lizard in the beginning and I was supposed to come back later.
Thank you!

Audioboxer

By the way is there any casting tool that allows you to combine sorcery and miracles? There usually is in Souls games (with the trade off of damage vs versatility).

Rhaknar

Are you fighting Abyss Watcher? Just summon this Sunbro here. 100% satisfied customers so far :p

no that was about 30 hours ago lol. this is
Champion Gundyr
and hes a royal pain in the ass. Getting hit on the ground is the most bullshit addition to the series imo

Onion homie questline
When he's down the well, if you give him his armour do you lose it? Or can you rebuy it, because I like rocking the goofy head.
If You
finish his questline, I believe you will get his armor set at the end. Or rather after you summon onion bro to help fight yhorm the gaintz

Rhaknar

why am I banging my head against some of these bosses when I can just summon and be done with? to say I did it? for internet praise?

yes im angry lol >_<

I fully admit I have taken the coward's way out in regards to fighting bosses.

I've taken down three bosses, excluding the tutorial boss, and have beaten them all via jolly cooperation. Though with the
Nutsack Tree
boss my partner died shortly after the arena caved in and I had to finish it off alone.

Also I feel like I'm at a good place with my weapons. I finally got a shortbow, switched out hand ax for upgraded Brigand axe and upgraded my pyro magic. Weakening enemies long before they get to me is now my style, least for this character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom