• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagram

I may have just suffered a game breaking issue. I was in I
rithyl Dungeon
and half the map decided to not load, except for messages. I used a homeward bone to go back and reset the area. Instead i'm stuck in a perpetual loading screen. Here's hoping validating the files or reinstalling fixes it. Otherwise i'm out 40 hours.

Hooks

Just got to
pontiff sulyvahn
I've had one attempt, I think I'm all souls'd out for the day, Going to tackle him tomorrow I reckon. So far the hardest boss for me was
abyss watchers
. Can you make more than one
boss soul weapon, I made the Farron Greatsword but I want to get the Wolf Knight's Greatsword too
?

Echoplx

I killed the two g
iants
in the c
athedral
and just found out it makes the other one from earlier hostile, the drops weren't even that good D:

Furo

Uhm, my character is now slowing super slow. equip load is 42/62.5 so I am not overloaded but he is moving super slow when I am not pushing the dash button. Is this a bug?

Shredderi

Does this game have as many roll-tiers as Ds1? When I'm under 70% load I have a fast roll like in DS1 but if I go even smidge over that it becomes this really lumbering slow roll? Wasn't there a mid roll in DS1?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yo between the
undead legion
chest and the
blade dancer
headpiece, thats alot of flowing fabric when I run. I need some pants with fabric also lol

Fight.
CF42B99287BD4198A28D8742CD4F7148D850BB0C

3AA021A56759304DB59381FCB462D46A278A0CD8

You know how the game queues up actions while you're rolling? Like if you drink a flask or slash while rolling, it will perform the action after the roll is done. Is that new to DS3?

Nah, I yolo'd it to grab the shinies and
covenant
. A Ring of Sacrifice was used that day.

Manu

So a friend tells me to do the boss of S
mouldering
L
ake
because it was "too easy" and he got it on one try.

Here I am, having died 9 times to
Old Demon King
. Having friends who are too good at the game can be demoralizing sometimes.

miserable

today i wanted to farm the
2 Darkwraiths outside of the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire
for souls. i had equipped
the Serpent Ring, the Shield of Want and the Symbol of Avarice
the first time i killed them they gave me like 2000+ souls each, but after going back to the bonfire to reset, every time i kill them now they only give me 990 souls each. anybody know what's up with that?

Furo

You walk slow in that location. I have no idea why it would persist in Firelink though

pretty much a bug I guess, after standing still for a few moments everything was back to normal. Game won`t recognise the different environments most likely

Spoo

mouldering
L
ake

Old Demon King

I just finished this boss. Annoying, but your friend probably stumbled on the *easiest* way to fight him, which is:
go for the tail! No, really, go for the tail. Wait till he goes to attack, then try to roll past him near his tail and go ham. If he starts pounding the ground, you have a while to slash before you need to bolt in the other direction. Wash rinse repeat. The boss also stuns a few times during the fight where you can nail him for a lot of damage. Just be sure that if your health is around half to get out of reach and recover because he does have 1 or 2 moves that can hurt big if you're low.

silva1991

mouldering
L
ake

Old Demon King

Maybe your friend went to that boss so late after he was too op for it. I know I was on my first playthrough and one shoted him easily, but on my second run I went there early and got my ass kicked.

today i wanted to farm the
2 Darkwraiths outside of the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire
for souls. i had equipped
the Serpent Ring, the Shield of Want and the Symbol of Avarice
the first time i killed them they gave me like 2000+ souls each, but after going back to the bonfire to reset, every time i kill them now they only give me 990 souls each. anybody know what's up with that?
pretty sure they implimented that to stop people from farming/grinding one thing over and over.

Similar to DS2 where the enemy would disappear after a while. Could be wrong.

Manu

Maybe your friend went to that boss so late after he was too op for it. I know I was on my first playthrough and one shoted him easily, but on my second run I went there early and got my ass kicked.

Not really, he's just really good at the time but won't admit to it. He also got P
ontiff
on two tries while it took me two hours to kill him.

I'm always telling him "dude, just admit you're great. Because if you're average, you make the rest of us look bad."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why is
Undead Graves
a dark version of the
tutorial
? From so lazy!

kidding of course

edit: bah that should have been a one shot, come on Rhaknar this boss is easy

Spoo

Can someone give me an idea of how far I am in the game? I'm
level 51, and just got to Ithyll valley at like 20 hours. A time estimate from there maybe?

Rhaknar

level 51, and just got to Ithyll valley at like 20 hours. A time estimate from there maybe?

its impossible to give a time estimate because you have people finishing it under 20 hours, and im at 35 /shrug

What's the upgrade method for Titanite Scales for Boss Weapons? Do I need 1 Scale for each upgrade, or is it cumulative, e.g., 1 scale for +1, 2 for +2, 4 for +3, etc.

grimmiq

Another
15-25 hours depending on how you deal with bosses and optional areas. I finished around lvl90 on my first run. So more or less half way.

Rhaknar

hmm maybe that isnt so easy, I cant get a fucking opening on him >_>

Ricker

Second area question about a certain tower...
oh man,lots of stuff...so I reach the top of the tower and talked to the giant,after talking to the short guy at the elevator start that he says only goes down etc etc...will the giant stop firing at me now if I go back the other way from outside the sewer...also touched that girl but couldnt figured out the guy in the cage Nana thing...
...some stuff is so vague like always in these games.

1. Can you get the armor that the dude always chilling out at firelink is wearing? If so, how? Also, which sword is that he has?

2. General NPC question:
is there a murderer in this one I need to be on the lookout for?

ogbg

Second area question about a certain tower...
oh man,lots of stuff...so I reach the top of the tower and talked to the giant,after talking to the short guy at the elevator start that he says only goes down etc etc...will the giant stop firing at me now if I go back the other way from outside the sewer...also touched that girl but couldnt figured out the guy in the cage Nana thing...
...some stuff is so vague like always in these games.

He'll stop firing at you but he'll still fire at them

GorillaJu

Just got to
pontiff sulyvahn
I've had one attempt, I think I'm all souls'd out for the day, Going to tackle him tomorrow I reckon. So far the hardest boss for me was
abyss watchers
. Can you make more than one
boss soul weapon, I made the Farron Greatsword but I want to get the Wolf Knight's Greatsword too
?

You can trade one soul for one item.

TheFlow

Banned
So I fought the Ab
yss watchers this morning
took me a couple tries but they were hard. Wouldn't let up so it got hard to heal some plus the second stage .

key was to stay back and wait for opening

GorillaJu

1. Can you get the armor that the dude always chilling out at firelink is wearing? If so, how? Also, which sword is that he has?

2. General NPC question:

Yes, you can get all his gear.

To answer question 2, nope.

2. General NPC question:
1) yes it's
a boss armor that you can buy after killing the boss.
2) no
but certain NPCs will ask you to kill another NPC as part of thier questline.

dlauv

As a side note, I'd like to remark how well the Steam controller works for this game. I normally hate the thing but break I out to play wirelessly from far away every now and then. The only problem I have is lock-on toggling. It's muddled in some kind of strange, redundant taskbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom