• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I saw a few posts about the patch 1.04, which is coming on the 18th.
Didn't see any details. Patch 1.04 addresses the following:
General Great Swords balancing, some specific weapon changes, bugfixes (including not being able to use certain items in certain locations after clearing the game), general balance changes.

Mupod

made the mistake of booting the game up at 12:15 last night 'just to check something'. Now I'm at work on 4 hours of sleep. Fuck.

But hey I've got rings now.

RIP Sunbro bro

I didn't unlock
Archdragon Peak
because, you know, I'm not insane so anyway I made my way through there and beat the
Ancient Wyvern
literally a second after I get
teleported
I get invaded and since they were on the way in I couldn't go spend my souls so I summoned someone (for the first time this game) so I could beat that fool senseless. Good thing I did because that next room had crazy shit including
motherf-ing Havel
so we clear that room and dude is like, "Fuck it" so we go through all the way to the next bonfire. Shit hits like a truck so we're chugging estus' like they're going out of fashion. Anyway we make it past the next bonfire so it's might as well continue really. We clear this big ass gauntlet of enemies and I get the
dragon torso
cool! While that was going on someone else invades and on the way back I decide I'll check if there are any items stashed in a couple corners. As soon as I turn my back, DEAD. I was all out of Estus too so it was a legit fight. Avenged my radiant bro with maybe one hit left on me and then I got killed by a stupid rock thing a second later smh

E92 M3

General Great Swords balancing, some specific weapon changes, bugfixes (including not being able to use certain items in certain locations after clearing the game), general balance changes.

Thanks, I don't use great swords, but hopefully my favorite weapons don't get nerfed. This game has been getting patched a lot.

ogbg

That's pretty major. Great Swords do seem kind of OP from what I've seen though

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they arent even fixing the bonfire bug

The 1.03.1 update for Dark Souls III will be deployed on STREAM on April 18th at 11am CEST/2am PST It won’t require any maintenance downtime:

The update will include the following changes:

・ Performance adjustment for “Greatsword”
・ Battle performance adjustment for “Dancer’s Enchanted Sword”, “Winged Knight Twinaxes”
・ Performance adjustment for “Soul’s Greatsword”, and “Farron Flashsword”
・ Fix for issue where multiple items become impossible to use at “Road of Sacrifices”, “Farron Keep”, “Cathedral of the Deep” after clearing the game.
・ General balance adjustments and bug fixes

Footos22

Where do I get this sword? I just made it to Undead Valley.

I got it from the
Darkwraith
underneath the highwall tower bonfire. down the lift the first time I killed him, dunno if he respawns or not. used it for a bit seems good but I like my bleed dmg on my uchi too much. Thanks miyazki for making bleed good again. fu ds2

purg3

slept with Malkin

Hmm, I wonder if they are going to change long swords as well, either lower damage or increase stamina use per swing. I expect a damage nerf for ASS. Weapon is OP for getting it so early in the game.

Edit just read above, probably not then.

ced

I didn't get a chance to play last night, can't wait to get back into it tonight. I'm in Undead Settlement and really want a great sword, I loved the holy blade in BB.

Audioboxer

General balancing = nerf central :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Why would they nerf Greatswords? I actually feel like it's relatively balanced considering how much stamina they take and how much damage they do. If anything, the longswords feel overpowered considering how much damage they do for the swiftness and stamina.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
because if you want a challenge, you play solo :)

I dont tho thats the thing lol. Most bosses in DS2 I co-oped I didnt give a fuck. I never killed O&S solo in DS1, why am I caring this time.

Im not thats what. Just killed
Champion Gundyr
with the npc summon (the
uchikatana npc you kill outside firelink
), I just couldnt be arsed anymore and was actually getting angry for the first time (I didnt get angry with
pontiff
or
dancer
for example even tho I died a bunch of times, just flustered) and I hate getting angry with videogames, thats not the point lol

FaintDeftone

Man
Vordt
was a super easy boss, but for some reason he killed my ass a good 4 or 5 times. My first attempt I got him down to a quarter health easily and I kept making stupid mistakes and he got me. Every other attempt afterwards I had him almost dead and I got too greedy. Then I figured out what he was doing in his second phase to trip me up and I went in and destroyed him. The journey to him was much harder than the boss itself.

zma1013

made the mistake of booting the game up at 12:15 last night 'just to check something'. Now I'm at work on 4 hours of sleep. Fuck.

But hey I've got rings now.

I feel ya. "I've got 5 minutes until I need to go to bed, I think I'll just check and see what's down this path."

2 boss later... "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..."

I didn't get a chance to play last night, can't wait to get back into it tonight. I'm in Undead Settlement and really want a great sword, I loved the holy blade in BB.

You're in luck then, because the sword that Ludwig's Holy Blade is based on has been part of every game From Software has made since it was introduced in King's Field.

I fully admit I have taken the coward's way out in regards to fighting bosses.

I've taken down three bosses, excluding the tutorial boss, and have beaten them all via jolly cooperation. Though with the
Nutsack Tree
boss my partner died shortly after the arena caved in and I had to finish it off alone.

Also I feel like I'm at a good place with my weapons. I finally got a shortbow, switched out hand ax for upgraded Brigand axe and upgraded my pyro magic. Weakening enemies long before they get to me is now my style, least for this character.

I told myself I'd beat the bosses in this game without co-operation on my first playthrough.
I lied to myself. But in my defense I'm trying to work on the build I'm used to.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Are we also talking Ultra Greatswords then? (re: patch)
Patch notes mention the Great Sword (大剣) category. Since Ultra Great Swords have a separate category (特大剣), I don't think they will be affected as a whole.

Specific Ultra Great Swords (or any other weapons) might be affected, but probably not all of them. Only 4 weapons are listed for balance changes, but I'm too lazy to look up their proper names and rough translations might be confusing. :)

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Someone mentioned before the "Dark Souls challenge". Every time you die, you do push-ups. I've been doing 20 push-ups after every death. Very helpful with long play sets 💪

I dont tho thats the thing lol. Most bosses in DS2 I co-oped I didnt give a fuck. I never killed O&S solo in DS1, why am I caring this time.

That's kind of the right way to do it and in way you know that you'd be more satisfied doing it solo than with help. The bosses in this series game don't know how to fight more than one person. Like, it's broken. I bet even with a 50% penalty to your offensive power it'd still be easier. Why they don't balance the boss encounters to take roughly the same time as it scales with people I don't know. DS2 tried to have those coop areas/bosses but the way they bumped the difficulty was just making it more difficult to solo so that it'd be marginally less simple when in coop. It's too late for them to figure out now but I've always felt the bosses are meant to be played 1-on-1 at the very least because they can't properly aggro on more than one person.

Roussow

Got past the D
ancer
in my main game as a Strength character, at this point I thought I'd start a new character, something slightly different just to try things. Picked a sorcerer to see if a magic character was as miserable compared to other roles as I had heard. Had a pretty great time, enjoying it quite a lot. Got up to C
rucifixion
W
oods
, found the
sorcery
npc, then called it a day. Had a bit of trouble with the third
tree
boss, not being able to target weak points was a massive issue, had to resort to primary using my magic buff on a Great Scythe to actually be able to do some real damage. Other than that minor grind, it seems pretty playable. Did sorcery get a buff in one of the more recent patches? Or does it get worse from here?

ramyeon

Boss spoiler.

Deacons of the Deep
down first time around - pretty harmless really. Not looking forward to moving on to that
poisonous swamp
though...

ogbg

What Greatswords seem OP? Used Zweihander a lot but it was ass against bosses. For regular enemies and mobs it is decent though.

From what I've seen
FUGS, CKGS
. I know
FUGS
has already been nerfed but I feel like the damage isn't the biggest issue, it's the fact that you can stagger almost everything. Maybe it's more a problem of not giving enemies enough poise to be fair.

ElFly

Is it worth buying the Tower Key early on?

Well, you can get half its advantages for free if you take a jump onto the ceiling from a tree; it is a difficult jump, but I made it in ten minutes of trying or so, maybe less.

If you cannot or don't want to go around cheesing the game on this, sure it is worth it.

Just beat a boss and then farm a few souls, sell some items and you should be set. The second half of the advantages is also ok.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's kind of the right way to do it and in way you know that you'd be more satisfied doing it solo than with help. The bosses in this series game don't know how to fight more than one person. Like, it's broken. I bet even with a 50% penalty to your offensive power it'd still be easier. Why they don't balance the boss encounters to take roughly the same time as it scales with people I don't know. DS2 tried to have those coop areas/bosses but the way they bumped the difficulty was just making it more difficult to solo so that it'd be marginally less simple when in coop. It's too late for them to figure out now but I've always felt the bosses are meant to be played 1-on-1 at the very least because they can't properly aggro on more than one person.

but its more satisfying for you. you also finished the game in 20 hours or whatever it was. you are obviously good at the game, I am not.

When I killed
Pontiff
and especially
Dancer
, I didnt feel happy. I didnt feel like I acomplished anything, I just felt relief that that shit was done with. Im not "that" guy that craves challenges. I play my games on normal. Hell I would play these games on normal if there was such a thing lol.

anyway, do we know how much more dmg we take from using the
prisoner band
? These black knights are wrecking my shit but they usually wreck my shit regardless so I cant tell how much more dmg im taking from the ring lol

but its more satisfying for you. you also finished the game in 20 hours or whatever it was. you are obviously good at the game, I am not.

When I killed
Pontiff
and especially
Dancer
, I didnt feel happy. I didnt feel like I acomplished anything, I just felt relief that that shit was done with. Im not "that" guy that craves challenges. I play my games on normal. Hell I would play these games on normal if there was such a thing lol.

anyway, do we know how much more dmg we take from using the
prisoner band
? These black knights are wrecking my shit but they usually wreck my shit regardless so I cant tell how much more dmg im taking from the ring lol

You are playing on normal ;)

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Shit just killed
Abyss Watchers
and the guy that gives me 5 free levels is dead, not used them yet, feels bad man...

Someone mentioned before the "Dark Souls challenge". Every time you die, you do push-ups. I've been doing 20 push-ups after every death. Very helpful with long play sets 💪

Summer bod sunbro!

But, yup been doing this with most games that encourage long play sessions. Feels good man.

Still trying to max out and hit that 100 push up mark once a day. Tips and tricks; different kinds of push ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom