• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

myco666

From what I've seen
FUGS, CKGS
. I know
FUGS
has already been nerfed but I feel like the damage isn't the biggest issue, it's the fact that you can stagger almost everything. Maybe it's more a problem of not giving enemies enough poise to be fair.

But that is how Greatswords should work. They are slow and take ton of stamina so if they don't stagger enemies they are worthless. Lot of enemies also dodge away or start their own combo you can't interrupt after two hits.

Jobbs

Banned
okay I had to kill
horace
, I guess he hollowed?

I talked to anori or whatever his name is, and he said he was going to the lake now. where is he?

ugoo18

Quick questions, is it possible to infuse a sword so i regain FP from the damage it does (The
Executioner's Greatsword
has that already but i'm not a fan of its moveset) also any particular armors or armor parts that are beneficial for sorcerers.

I have 3500 souls and no health but I can't interact with any bonfires. Anyone know what I can do?
The online features of this game are weird. Sometimes I'll try to interact with a bonfire after a summoning fails and it won't let me for about a minute or two or quit the game for even longer. You might be having a similar issue.

but its more satisfying for you. you also finished the game in 20 hours or whatever it was. you are obviously good at the game, I am not.

When I killed
Pontiff
and especially
Dancer
, I didnt feel happy. I didnt feel like I acomplished anything, I just felt relief that that shit was done with. Im not "that" guy that craves challenges. I play my games on normal. Hell I would play these games on normal if there was such a thing lol

I though there might have been an element of pride in wanting to get it on your own. You wanna see if you can do it and if you're still at it you probably aren't satisfied yet. More often than not if you assemble a gang to take out a boss it's gonna end in a W. That you won't go ahead and do that implies that you might not want it to go so well? I dunno man.

Despite the time I took to finish the game I don't think I one-shot more than a handful of bosses. Even the stupidest ones I died on a number of times. Apparently I missed a couple zones too.

Zeliard

Guys don't laugh but I died twice to D
eacons of the Deep.

First time I fought that boss I got it down to low health so quickly that I started calling it Pinwheel to its face and then I died like two seconds later from a bombardment of magic. It was so dumb I had to laugh.

Sorry for calling you Pinwheel, pal.

taybul

Just got to
Irithyll
. These enemies are no joke. Difficulty jump out of nowhere.
Guys don't laugh but I died twice to D
eacons of the Deep.
I actually had trouble with this one. I didn't think they were supposed to be a pushover, at least not more than
Crystal Sage
was.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh hello there
Artorias
set. I missed you ;_;

Quick query:

Anyone have any experience with the Great Scythe? I'm wondering if it's like the amazing gs of 1 or the nearly useless gs of 2. I'll skip using it if it's got those wonky hit requirements from ds2, but it would be a neat throwback for me since it was the first weapon I finished ds1 with.

I know I could just find out, but I only have the one sharp gem. And not a lot of titanite either.

Just got to
Irithyll
. These enemies are no joke. Difficulty jump out of nowhere.
I actually had trouble with this one. I didn't think they were supposed to be a pushover, at least not more than
Crystal Sage
was.
Yeah this surprised me too. Upgrading my dark sword to +5 helped but they still do insane amounts of damage, especially their Ice weapons. The range on the fire attacks is pure undistilled bullshit though what were they thinking.

-Amon-

I'm interested in Dark Souls 3 but i've only played Bloodborne.

Do you guys think it's necessary to have played the past iterations ?

Can i pick up and enjoy this game knowing nothing of the lore and gameplay mechanics of the past games ?

First time I fought that boss I got it down to low health so quickly that I started calling it Pinwheel to its face and then I died like two seconds later from a bombardment of magic. It was so dumb I had to laugh.

Sorry for calling you Pinwheel, pal.
I died to curse both times because I ignored the guys channeling the curse spell lol.
Once I took them out it was easy.

I'm interested in Dark Souls 3 but i've only played Bloodborne.

Can i pick up and enjoy this game knowing nothing of the lore and gameplay mechanics of the past games ?

Yeah, so far I haven't really encountered any story things from the previous games and either way the games take place hundreds of years apart so the stories are loosely connected. I hear there are callbacks but that won't stop you from enjoying the game or story, just missing a few things.

BTW. Farron ultra Greatsword is amazing for the Deacon fight. It what I use when helping people for that fight since the sweeping L1s just slice through everything and take out large crowds.

Zeliard

I died to curse both times because I ignored the guys channeling the curse spell lol.
Once I took them out it was easy.

Oh whoops, I was actually thinking of a different boss, the
Crystal Sage
from early on.

Incidentally, that one and
Deacons of the Deep
make for good co-op targets if you're trying to get ranked up, since they go by pretty quickly.

Markoman

I'm interested in Dark Soul 3 but i've only played Bloodborne.

No, absolutely not. You will enjoy DS3 more than most of us, because you're basically new to the franchise. DS3 will offer a great amount of gameplay variation for people who played BB first.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anything to do here in the
firelink shrine version 2.0
besides buying the
Artorias set from the old lady
and getting the
eyes from the blind girl
? I see messages on the roof but I cant seem to be able to get up there

Nephtes

Just got to
Irithyll
. These enemies are no joke.

Same! I feel like my progress hit a wall with the first 3 dudes that can stagger you while blocking and proceed to stun lock you to death in 3 quick hits.

I found the best method is to let them go past you with their animations and get in hits from behind.

Once you get the bonfire midway through the area though, things ease up a lot!

besides buying the
and getting the
eyes from the blind girl
You need the tower key to get there or do the jumping trick
Same! I feel like my progress hit a wall with the first 3 dudes that can stagger you while blocking and proceed to stun lock you to death in 3 quick hits.

I found the best method is to let them go past you with their animations and get in hits from behind.

Once you get the bonfire midway through the area though, things ease up a lot!
You mean the
Church
bonfire? If so that's good. Except the next room over with like 5 enemies is no joke.

besides buying the
and getting the
eyes from the blind girl

They probably did the tree jump. There's nothing up there though. I think there's something behind the tower if you wanna check there before you go

cyba89

There are quite a lot of bonfires from approaching
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley to entering Irithyll Dungeon.
The level design in
Cathedral Of The Deep
was a lot better regarding bonfire placement and shortcuts.

There are quite a lot of bonfires from approaching
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley to entering Irithyll Dungeon.
The level design in
Cathedral Of The Deep
was a lot better regarding bonfire placement and shortcuts.
There was quite a few from Road of Sacrifice to Farron Keep. Like 8 I think. Then places like Carthus get 1.

Korosenai

So is the only way to do the (covenant question) W
atchdogs of Farron
by staying in F
arron Keep
? I don't ever get summoned there when I leave the area.

ogbg

I would love to know please.

It's in the area
you get to by cutting the bridge before Wolnir called Smouldering Lake
. From there is a side area called
Demon Ruins
where you meet
the FUGS guy
a second time and he drops it.

Rhaknar

where is this girl that
im supposed to marry in anor londo
? supposed to be in a secret room? I thought it was the
covenent woman in the invisible bridge tower but no

ogbg

But that is how Greatswords should work. They are slow and take ton of stamina so if they don't stagger enemies they are worthless. Lot of enemies also dodge away or start their own combo you can't interrupt after two hits.

Yeah, I mean it's going to be a fine balance either way. I just feel like they could bring it down a notch or two. Or bring up the poise of some enemies a notch or two.

Rhaknar

Late game question. Is it a bad idea to give
fire keeper eyes to the fire keeper?

I was JUST about to ask this. I gave her them, but now shes asking if I think
a world without fire is a good thing
. What do I do gaf?!

Roufianos

Happens to me sometimes, just quit the game and start it up again and you will be able to use the bonfire again.

quit and continue
the game always saves automatically

The online features of this game are weird. Sometimes I'll try to interact with a bonfire after a summoning fails and it won't let me for about a minute or two or quit the game for even longer. You might be having a similar issue.

I quit and it worked. Thanks a lot guys.

Shredderi

Ok getting really fucking pissed off right now.
The old Demon King
is kicking my ass and when I finally got him to like 100hp
he went stationary so I backed up and he AoEd me to death at my full hp

Jintor

dark souls pushups here i come

i'm stuck in the cathedral,
think the way past is by this giant hanging out in swampwater so I can't just run past him. I went to the rafters and poked around and raised a bunch of floodgates? but not sure what to do next.

ogbg

dark souls pushups here i come

i'm stuck in the cathedral,
think the way past is by this giant hanging out in swampwater so I can't just run past him. I went to the rafters and poked around and raised a bunch of floodgates? but not sure what to do next.

Did you find the boss?

Late game. Is boss O
ceiros
a required one or have I taken a wrong turn again? Almost beat it first time while suffering from toxic and the boss fight is fun, but it seems like another area I'm not gonna enjoy.

Dmax3901

So my suspect brick wall wasn't actually a brick wall. I defeated P
ontiff Sullivan
quite easily once I used an ember and summoned Anri.

The next area though...
Anor Londo
I ran past the archers and now I am really fucking lost. I went up an elevator tower thing and this knight with a spear fucked me up real good.

EDIT: I am a little drunk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom