• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
dark souls pushups here i come

i'm stuck in the cathedral,
think the way past is by this giant hanging out in swampwater so I can't just run past him. I went to the rafters and poked around and raised a bunch of floodgates? but not sure what to do next.

The way is just past the Giant. His attacks are slow so you can roll past if you want then run to the boss door past the holy knight. The rafters allow you access to a covenant IIRC it's that and or the floodgates. They're actually pathways.

think the way past is by this giant hanging out in swampwater so I can't just run past him. I went to the rafters and poked around and raised a bunch of floodgates? but not sure what to do next.
Just run past him :)

You can also use those floodgates to trap the giants in a non muddy area. They are a bit if a pain to lure over but it does work.

So I read about this
Yoel
... What's the benefit of going Hollow? I don't want that, is there anything good from it?

Edit:
I've met him and he is waiting in Firelink but I'm not accepting his offer yet.

I'm 13h into the game, I just got to
Farron Keep
after farming 50k souls just
so that I can heal my dark sign
-_-

But I'm loving it so far, I only played the first Dark Souls (prepare to die edition) for 15h, a week before DS3 came out, just so that I have basic knowledge on how things work, since I was one of those "I hate Dark Souls because people think it a difficult game, but I'm telling you it's just an unfair stupid game!", boy was I wrong xD

Great game!

taybul

So I respecced and dumped all my titanite scales on the
Farron
GS and I don't even like it. I think the issue for me is there's a noticeable delay to when your stam begins to regen compared to using fast weapons. Has this always been the case in this series for heavy weapons?

jonhuz

Does anyone know how to get the treasure in the Giants cell area before the sewer in Irithyll Dungeon. I've killed the giant and rats but there a raised cell I can't get to. I've been above the area but can't drop down anywhere. Halp

ExVicis

What's the best Dex weapon you guys have encountered? I've been sporting the Hollow Greatsword and I've been enjoying it alot thus far.

J-Rod

So I read about this
Yoel
... What's the benefit of going Hollow? I don't want that, is there anything good from it?

Edit:
I've met him and he is waiting in Firelink but I'm not accepting his offer yet.

The benefit is free levels. It also opens up the way to a certain ending and another npc quest line. The drawback is that you will look like a raisin and will have to use purging stones to unhollow.

Markoman

I think it's funny how some people are saying that this is the easiest Souls game.
I have played all Souls games but Demon's Souls and I (after 10 hours) think that the beginning of DS3 is quite challenging. Faster gameplay (especialyy at 60fps), gank squads, enemies have more attack patterns, higher damage and stamina reduction and so on.

The thing is, it seems way harder to play a tank in DS3, because your stamina is depleted in no time. I try to adapt to this by playing DS3 more like BB even as a knight.
Hiding behind the shield is not a viable option anymore.

Lol,
I only killed the first Boss on my second try, because first time around, I thought to myself "Ah, this is surely a gimmick boss, I'm not supposed to kill him yet."
And nice surprise with the fucking mimick early on... Kudos to From for playing with our expectations.

Oh and I really dig the enemy designs so far. DS1 had some really bad ones which went into the goofy direction (Mushroom family, froggers,...)
In DS3, so far, every enemy looks cool and there are plenty of intimidating enemies early on
(Fuck those fat Vatikan sourcerers and harpies + their mothers, Lothrian knight fuckers can suck cox, too)
The uncontrolled cursing is back which is a good thing. Last time I really shouted at the moon, the sun and all living things was during my fight(s) against chalice dungeon Amigdala in Bloodborne. The hype is back :D

ogbg

Does anyone know how to get the treasure in the Giants cell area before the sewer in Irithyll Dungeon. I've killed the giant and rats but there a raised cell I can't get to. I've been above the area but can't drop down anywhere. Halp

If it's the item I'm thinking of, did you get to the
toxic swamp
?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Late game. Is boss O
ceiros
a required one or have I taken a wrong turn again? Almost beat it first time while suffering from toxic and the boss fight is fun, but it seems like another area I'm not gonna enjoy.

optional.

Im still looking for someone to tell me how to access that hidden zone with the bosses everyone hates, I keep getting vague remarks but I just want someone to tell me tbh lol

Soulflarz

Banned
4 hours of sleep and calc 2 later, I'm back for more insanity posting :3

No idea why it'd have to be from FROM.

I just found it funny how you started describing a Souls game with this element that is a big part of them removed, and that element that's a big part of them removed, and this and that etc, when you could have just said you wanted an action game with Souls-like combat and difficulty.

It doesn't have to be?
But if FROM does the formula well, might as well wish for it from them :3

The benefit is free levels. It also opens up the way to a certain ending and another npc quest line. The drawback is that you will look like a raisin and will have to use purging stones to unhollow.

Thanks!

I'll do it someday then, not on this playthrough, I don't like how it sounds. -_-

Elixist

Oh and I really dig the enemy designs so far. DS1 had some really bad ones which went into the goofy direction (Mushroom family, froggers,...)

you take that back! one of my favorite enemies from that game, the babies cried when u killed them ; ;

3918412-99e.gif

Can someone clear up something with the Dark Sigil for me?

So I tried to use wiki's and help as less as possible but I looked up what I need for the best? ending. I leveled up five times at Yoel and he died as he should I guess :( The thing is, I really don't like the fact that my character hollows with each death now, I know about the ring that keeps my appearance but what about the other way?

I gave the Firekeeper the Firekeeper Soul and she offers to heal my Dark Sigil for 60000 souls which is all fine but if I do that, can I still access the best? ending? And if I do that, will my character still hollow at each death?

Thanks for help in advance :)

Well, I think it is not worth it. Since I die a lot. lol

J-Rod

Yeah I've been there and looped back around.
http://imgur.com/olN0f3n

I may be off here, but if it is where I think you are then
In the toxic swamp area where the creepy monsters with a baby hand as a face are, you can go on to the rooftops. A human enemy is up there too. From that rooftop, you can jump into a window. That will take you to the area you're looking for.

I think it's funny how some people are saying that this is the easiest Souls game.
I have played all Souls games but Demon's Souls and I (after 10 hours) think that the beginning of DS3 is quite challenging. Faster gameplay (especialyy at 60fps), gank squads, enemies have more attack patterns, higher damage and stamina reduction and so on.

The thing is, it seems way harder to play a tank in DS3, because your stamina is depleted in no time. I try to adapt to this by playing DS3 more like BB even as a knight.
Hiding behind the shield is not a viable option anymore.

Lol,
I only killed the first Boss on my second try, because first time around, I thought to myself "Ah, this is surely a gimmick boss, I'm not supposed to kill him yet."
And nice surprise with the fucking mimick early on... Kudos to From for playing with our expectations.

In DS3, so far, every enemy looks cool and there are plenty of intimidating enemies early on
(Fuck those fat Vatikan sourcerers and harpies + their mothers, Lothrian knight fuckers can suck cox, too)
The uncontrolled cursing is back which is a good thing. Last time I really shouted at the moon, the sun and all living things was during my fight(s) against chalice dungeon Amigdala in Bloodborne. The hype is back :D
The NPC's in this game are also by far the hardest. Fucking Tsorig one shitting me and they chug soooo much.

J-Rod

Can someone clear up something with the Dark Sigil for me?

So I tried to use wiki's and help as less as possible but I looked up what I need for the best? ending. I leveled up five times at Yoel and he died as he should I guess :( The thing is, I really don't like the fact that my character hollows with each death now, I know about the ring that keeps my appearance but what about the other way?

I gave the Firekeeper the Firekeeper Soul and she offers to heal my Dark Sigil for 60000 souls which is all fine but if I do that, can I still access the best? ending? And if I do that, will my character still hollow at each death?

Thanks for help in advance :)

I think it does break the ending to heal the dark sign. The npc that replaces Yoel gets mad at you for removing it, I think.

ogbg

optional.

Im still looking for someone to tell me how to access that hidden zone with the bosses everyone hates, I keep getting vague remarks but I just want someone to tell me tbh lol

Go to the place in
Iriythyll Dungeon
where there is a
dragon sitting on a mat
. It's near an elevator.
Sit on the mat and use the meditate gesture

Navy Bean

I was just minding my own business doing some Sunbro work on the
Crystal Sage
boss and somebody summons me in a panic with an invader whacking away on him lol. We destroyed the guy as there are like a million Sunbro summon signs near that boss...

jonhuz

I may be off here, but if it is where I think you are then
In the toxic swamp area where the creepy monsters with a baby hand as a face are, you can go on to the rooftops. A human enemy is up there too. From that rooftop, you can jump into a window. That will take you to the area you're looking for.

ive killed the rooftop enemy. I know you can jump down there for an item, is that the same place where the giant is chained up and the rats come through the tunnels? There's a bonfire shortcut directly opposite.

So i went through Road of Sacrifices yesterday and stumbled upon the boss, nearly killed him on my first run but only had 1 estus charge. The second time he went down so quick, couldn't believe how easy the
Sage
was.

Also, has the bandit knife and bleed always been this amazing? Seeing chunks of hp fly off the boss' life bar is great. Anyone know of any other good bleeding weapons? Also is poison worthwhile in pve?

Question regarding NPC invasions, do they always spawn? I never got Holy Knight Hodrick to spawn in Undead Settlement, even while Cindered and clearing out the whole area. I did help kill him in someone else's game tho? Did I screw myself over for doing that?

Dimmle

About 4 bosses in:

So I found the D
reamchaser's
A
shes
and gave them to the
Shrine Maiden
but refused to tell her where I found them. Did I mess up, GAF?

I feel like I'm messing up every NPC quest line but that's the charm.

Steel

Banned
The worst thing is that there seems to be no differentiation between a 'poor' or 'good' rating. It all ups the appraisal number by 1, so you still don't know anything.

Whenever I see a fake illusory wall message I rate it positively anyway, so....

poodpick

Really disappointed in the soundtrack provided as preorder bonus on steam. The bitrate is so low! as low as 160 kbps where BB was 320.

Ricker

Probably asked a lot but after second Boss...
Do I need to use the Transposing Kiln or make 20,000 souls to buy the key to unlock the clock tower...not sure where to go as the area with the boss is a dead end so I travelled back the Firelink...noticed the one guy croutched on some stairs is gone also...

Question about a certain event in the Forest of Sacrifice

After talking to the 2 NPCs (Anri and Horace) at the bonfire at the center-section a new NPC showed up in Firelink Shrine named Sirris. However once I left the shrine and went back she was no longer sitting there and everytime I come back she is nowhere to be found. How exactly can I go about starting her quest line? I haven't even found the ash in the Farron tower yet

Is this a bug or am I missing something else?

J-Rod

ive killed the rooftop enemy. I know you can jump down there for an item, is that the same place where the giant is chained up and the rats come through the tunnels? There's a bonfire shortcut directly opposite.

That's the place. From the rooftop, you won't jump down, but you will jump laterally into a window. It's across the staircase you go up to get to the rooftop. It will lead you to the gated off part of the room with the giant and rats. You can't get to area you're looking for from giant's room. You have to get there from the rooftop path.

optional.

Big spoilers then.

There's a certain pose that needs to be used at a location where others are doing that same pose. I can't remember exactly where but if you open up IGN's guide it has a location list where you can easily get just the info you want in the first paragraph.

That's the most spoiler free way to find info when you need it provided you've seen enough locations to not be overly spoiled I find.

ExVicis

Probably asked a lot but after second Boss...
Do I need to use the Transposing Kiln or make 20,000 souls to buy the key to unlock the clock tower...not sure where to go as the area with the boss is a dead end so I travelled back the Firelink...noticed the one guy croutched on some stairs is gone also...

You don't NEED that tower key but using it does let you go see the
friend
that can only be reached via that key.

As for the missing guy, he wanders around sometimes. If he's missing he's probably outside looking at one of the Graves.

Eumi

Just finished the game. From Soft, you finally made a souls game that doesn't have an area that ruins the whole damn game. Every area (that I found) felt fair and challenging. Can't wait for the dlc areas, chances are they'll be even better if past games are any indication.

Soulflarz

Banned
Hmm okay, guess I'll either have to live with it or play with three ring-slots :p Thanks! :)

Can confirm it breaks the ending

and is great for save scumming your 4 endings, since you're not locked into it, just don't spend your souls from the final battle before backing up your save so you can use them on that instead.

E92 M3

Just finished the game. From Soft, you finally made a souls game that doesn't have an area that ruins the whole damn game. Every area (that I found) felt fair and challenging. Can't wait for the dlc areas, chances are they'll be even better if past games are any indication.

Yes, it's very consistent - a real treat for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom