• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was posted yet, but new patch coming this Monday for PC version:

CgFutZnVIAEJ0Bh.jpg:large

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck these
dual dragons breathing fire on the path
, stupid mechanic has been shit since the first game

J-Rod

So i went through Road of Sacrifices yesterday and stumbled upon the boss, nearly killed him on my first run but only had 1 estus charge. The second time he went down so quick, couldn't believe how easy the
Sage
was.

Also, has the bandit knife and bleed always been this amazing? Seeing chunks of hp fly off the boss' life bar is great. Anyone know of any other good bleeding weapons? Also is poison worthwhile in pve?

Question regarding NPC invasions, do they always spawn? I never got Holy Knight Hodrick to spawn in Undead Settlement, even while Cindered and clearing out the whole area. I did help kill him in someone else's game tho? Did I screw myself over for doing that?

I think he quits spawning/invading after you kill the
tree boss.
I think some npc invaders will not invade after clearing the area boss, so you may want to get them out of the way first. Hodrick can be found
again later on in crucifix woods (I think) as a purple summon sign if you are in cinder form.

ugoo18

Quick questions, is it possible to infuse a sword so i regain FP from the damage it does (The
Executioner's Greatsword
has that already but i'm not a fan of its moveset) also any particular armors or armor parts that are beneficial for sorcerers.

Anyone?

Lakitu

st5fu
Is it worth trying to take out the G
iant
C
rabs
in the S
mouldering
L
ake
. There's 6 of them :|

Markoman

you take that back! one of my favorite enemies from that game, the babies cried when u killed them ; ;

3918412-99e.gif

and that was the only good thing about them ;P

Those mushroom babies were little snitches. I decided to take all of their lives just to ease their pain and I would do it again. No remorse

Just finished the game. From Soft, you finally made a souls game that doesn't have an area that ruins the whole damn game. Every area (that I found) felt fair and challenging. Can't wait for the dlc areas, chances are they'll be even better if past games are any indication.

Irilyth Dungeon
and the area that follows came close for me. Wasn't really a fan of
the poison woods
either to be honest. I just hate that crap in general. Luckily they all seemed relatively brief.

jonhuz

That's the place. From the rooftop, you won't jump down, but you will jump laterally into a window. It's across the staircase you go up to get to the rooftop. It will lead you to the gated off part of the room with the giant and rats. You can't get to area you're looking for from giant's room. You have to get there from the rooftop path.
Tricksy! Found it thank you. I knew it would be a ring 😃

Invaders in the swamps are getting smaaht. Luring you out, deeper and deeper into the respective nests of the monsters, then just tracing them while you get rushed. It's actually pretty funny seeing someone basically command a giant crab to attack you, then get crushed by the claw of said crab. Running battles in the swamp have a certain... je ne sais quois.

Nere

Anyone else never using embers because they are afraid they will die and lose the effect? I am near the end and have amassed 52 of them, never used any.

Soulflarz

Banned
It was! There's been a lot of discussion about what they're "adjusting" for Greatswords.

I hope for a buff
It's next to impossible to justify them vs a longsword- crazy long startup for a quarter more per swing? NOPE.

Is there a specific sword called greatsword, because they might just be adjusting that specific sword if that is the case

Fume is the only greatsword as far as the community is concerned
And Farron

Anyone else never using embers because they are afraid they will die and lose the effect? I am near the end and have amassed 52 of them, never used any.

Use them in a fight as a free heal when you get a big gap

fuck these
dual dragons breathing fire on the path
, stupid mechanic has been shit since the first game
They are super easy though if you do that:
go on the bridge and fall on the side when you're almost under their head. Then take a bow and stay under the bridge while aiming for the left dragon's tail. A bunch of arrows later, he falls dead (almost) and the other does the same. Just need to kill what animates them once you get around the level :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh LOL you can kill them with a
million arrows
. I guess that makes sense, usually you can kill everything in these games.
They both die when one dies too
. no souls tho :(

ElFly

Do the grass shield and cloriant ring effect stack? I mean, the shield and ring that speed up stamina recovery.

The effect is so small it is hard to tell.

TheRed

As a side note, I'd like to remark how well the Steam controller works for this game. I normally hate the thing but break I out to play wirelessly from far away every now and then. The only problem I have is lock-on toggling. It's muddled in some kind of strange, redundant taskbar.
Just take out the touch menu from the right pad and make it right stick click on click. I also adjusted the sensitivity and haptics and in game camera speed turned all the way up. I can upload it if you or anyone else wants to give it a try. For sure remove the touch menu for yourself though, it's horrible in this case.

Ricker

You don't NEED that tower key but using it does let you go see the
friend
that can only be reached via that key.

As for the missing guy, he wanders around sometimes. If he's missing he's probably outside looking at one of the Graves.

Okay but what do I do now to get to a new area...?

EDIT::: Oh I think I know now lol...

Markoman

The NPC's in this game are also by far the hardest. Fucking Tsorig one shitting me and they chug soooo much.

How could I forget to mention them. Yeah, there was a half-naked bum in the area with those harpies. Dude came around the corner looking like easy prey.
Me: heavy attack with Claymore, him: parry, one shot, over and out. What an asshole! I came back, sucker was pretty tough, but I managed to rip his balls out once and for all.

This game really needs some humiliation poses like pissing on a corpse or rubbing your buttcheeks on the faces of the dead.

ogbg

They are super easy though if you do that:
go on the bridge and fall on the side when you're almost under their head. Then take a bow and stay under the bridge while aiming for the left dragon's tail. A bunch of arrows later, he falls dead (almost) and the other does the same. Just need to kill what animates them once you get around the level :p

Or
drop down off the bridge and follow the path behind them.
I assume this is the 'intended' way of tackling them

I think he quits spawning/invading after you kill the
tree boss.
I think some npc invaders will not invade after clearing the area boss, so you may want to get them out of the way first. Hodrick can be found
again later on in crucifix woods (I think) as a purple summon sign if you are in cinder form.

Ah ok that makes sense, somehow I keep stumbling into boss fights...

You are wasting levels. There is no reason to not do it, because you can also cure the hollowing permanently without using a stone.

I really don't care much about levels. But ok, say I do it, what happens if I don't cure myself? Is there any "counter-indications" from going hollow?

J-Rod

Probably asked a lot but after second Boss...
Do I need to use the Transposing Kiln or make 20,000 souls to buy the key to unlock the clock tower...not sure where to go as the area with the boss is a dead end so I travelled back the Firelink...noticed the one guy croutched on some stairs is gone also...

if you are facing the dead end boss room door, turn around and go back through the big double doors and stay left. You will eventually hit another set of big double doors. From there go down the elevator to get to the next area. You may want to stick around and go up to explore first though.

The tower key will not get you to a new location with enemies, but there is a lot of loot to be found in the area. You can skip buying the key if you jump from a white tree to a rooftop near where the gate is.

Jeez

This might be the most robust and complex upgrade system yet

So many infusions and builds to consider and the no stat is wasted

Cant wait to see how effective everything is

Sane_Man

I want to farm the Mound Makers covenant with a friend, but is he going to need to be embered up every time I invade him or he summons me? There's no way around that right?

No way can he get 30 embers :(

Zocano

I feel like the Blue Sentinels(+) should trigger on any type of invasion and not just dark spirit invasions. Super sucks that the host also needs to be in the way of blue.

rdytoroll

Goddamn, I hate the
Consumed King's
Garden.
Lets just throw 3 of those enemies in one spot. I just killed them with firebombs, fuck fighting them.
Thank god that I got all the items and shortcuts now. Only thing left is the boss.

Mendrox

I really don't care much about levels. But ok, say I do it, what happens if I don't cure myself? Is there any "counter-indications" from going hollow?

No there is literally nothing wrong with it. You are just opening yourself up to more levels without wasting souls and for the third ending.

Lakitu

st5fu
What the fuck. FUGS requires 50 strength :| plus Dexterity alone to wield it with proper armour. Are there any other good greatswords I can use or shall I just stick with upgrading the Butcher Knife?

Rhaknar

I assume
lothric castle
is the last zone?

Corpekata

Banned
Not a fan of the jailers in the dungeon with the brands. I like their central gimmick but the "melee" moves they do with the brands seem to awkwardly transition you into being pressed onto the ground, feels practically random.

ElFly

I feel like the Blue Sentinels(+) should trigger on any type of invasion and not just dark spirit invasions. Super sucks that the host also needs to be in the way of blue.

Until now I've never failed to have a blue sentinel summoned to me when I've been invaded. e: by dark spirits

On the other hand they've been little help; in my last invasion the cop died to the level, and my sunbro and I had to dispatch the invader. Cop never even faced the invader.

Mendrox

Does poise do nothing at all?? Seems like you get stunned no matter how much you are stacking.

It changes your hyper armour start up when you use heavy weapons. You won't get stopped as much when you stack poise. It means your animation won't be stopped if you have enough poise at the begining of hyper armour attacks.

what-ok

If I join the
fingers
covenant will it mess up story lines for a hollow character? I feel that it was mentioned but I can't find it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom