• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Kinda sad to see how short BB and DS3 have been compared to DS1 and 2. First 2 were 40 hour games, BB and DS3 have been sub 30 hours

Guess it depends on your play style. DK2: SotFS took me about 60 hours to beat the 1st time (played the original 2 years beforehand) with getting everything done before NG+, 80 hours total to platinum.

I tend to want to do EVERYTHING in a Soulsborne game. This game will easily take me 60 hours to beat. Heck! I'm only 14 hours in and only 3 main bosses down. None of which are Lords. lol

Raven117

Im hearing conflicting reports of whether DEX/INT builds (in other words, magic users) are viable.

Is sorcery worth it in this?

Sanctuary

So I guess Tears of Denial doesn't stack with Deep Protection. Working as intended, or does Tears simply not stack with any other survival buff? Haven't been able to test that yet.

GulAtiCa

Oof, online longsword users in PvP have hitboxes that are twice the length of the actual weapon.

And Battle Axe users (me) have hitboxes half as long. lol. Prob more when there is lag.. I noticed it sometimes.

Oddly, my last PvP fight went lag free until I started using the throwing knives. LAG CITY! Then I stopped trying to use them, and 100% lag free.. I'm sure it's pure coincidence, but odd.

I need to start using a greatsword for PvP. Just 1 more DEX level.

Ricker

if you are facing the dead end boss room door, turn around and go back through the big double doors and stay left. You will eventually hit another set of big double doors. From there go down the elevator to get to the next area. You may want to stick around and go up to explore first though.

The tower key will not get you to a new location with enemies, but there is a lot of loot to be found in the area. You can skip buying the key if you jump from a white tree to a rooftop near where the gate is.

Ah ok thanks...I know what you mean and yes I went up for that little guy and all,helped me a lot for another part that was annoying the hell out of me lol ;)

I also didnt use the free level ups from that thing but might from what I hear here...to undo
its that statue in the serwers right that asks if I want absolution or dissolution... ?

Nere

It might be a stupid complaint but I didn't like how you entered the castle. I found it really cool how in dark souls 2 you saw the epic castle from afar into a stormy rainy night and entered through it's gates. Here you just end up inside didn't even realized how I got in.

Big Brett

I'm in
Lothric Castle
(LATE game spoiler) should I go explore any easy to miss places? Like the
Dragon place I've heard about?

Dahbomb

How do you increase Poise in this game? Or is that just not a thing in this game?

Also I got the FUGS but LMAO @ 50 strength requirement. Well I am only 10 stats away from it luckily. Should get that in before they nerf it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so when can the
handmaiden sell titanite scales
? I heard she did end game but mine still doesnt

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do you increase Poise in this game? Or is that just not a thing in this game?

Also I got the FUGS but LMAO @ 50 strength requirement. Well I am only 10 stats away from it luckily. Should get that in before they nerf it.

Wait, what? They've already nerfed the shit out of the weapon, it's near garbage at this point.

Rizzi

My favourite part of Souls games are where you walk super slowly through poison in an area where everything looks exactly the god damned same.
But hey, at least this poison area runs better than Blighttown.

duck_sauce

Is the multiplayer functional at the moment or is it similar broke like bloodborne?
I love the souls games but i depend on the multiplayer to play them. Im not really that good on my own when playing these kind of games.

J-Rod

Ah ok thanks...I know what you mean and yes I went up for that little guy and all,helped me a lot for another part that was annoying the hell out of me lol ;)

I also didnt use the free level ups from that thing but might from what I hear here...to undo
its that statue in the serwers right that asks if I want abosolution or dissolution... ?

To undo
you use the firekeeper. It costs a lot and undoing breaks the questline.

The statue in the sewer
is to remove sin (if you accidentally attacked a friendly npc, it will make them non-hostile again) or remove curse.

GulAtiCa

I love going through the game with other players. I always try do it when I can.

Anyone else do this or do ye prefer going at it alone?

I love putting my sign down and doing co-op with people. So much fun.

Weirdly though, when it comes to my world. I vastly prefer doing everything alone. It's only when it comes to the bosses that I might consider summoning help. Though usually I try it a few times on my own.

KHlover

Banned
game hates me right now. hosts either lag and the connection is terminated or they decide they have to deal the last hit and then get shit on.

Mogwai

Is the
Wolf Knight Greatsword
worth upgrading? I'm a bit unsure whether that "damage to abyssal enemies" is much use?

Aurongel

Any advice for the O
ld
D
emon King
boss? He is killing me over and over.

Skip him and come back later if it's a complete brick wall for you.

If you are fighting him then:
-When he taps his club on the ground, get away from him and on the third tap start rolling to dodge through the fire ring.
-Beware of his "staggered" animation because it looks a lot like the animation he does before emitting a frequently insta-killing hail mary explosion.
-The fire comets are pretty easy to dodge, if they're an issue then just jog a lap around the corpse piles in the arena.
-You can get some strong hits in when he "powers up" and becomes fully on fire.
-Try to keep the fight to his sides rather than between his legs (like other bosses...) because you can't roll beneath him and you also won't be able to see the telegraphs for his AOE attacks.

Dark Souls trains you to get between the legs of large bosses but that tactic will seriously screw you over here.

Is the
Wolf Knight Greatsword
worth upgrading? I'm a bit unsure whether that "damage to abyssal enemies" is much use?

It's a greatsword which means its' effectiveness in PvE is... Spotty.

I've upgraded mine to +3 and it barely hits harder on most enemies when compared to the It
hyrll sword.

rdytoroll

Whenever I see an area like that I homeward bone out, spend my souls then do suicide runs grabbing all the loot and identifying any unique enemies and finally go in to clean up the uniques and bosses. I don't even bother to fight any of those sort of mobs.

Thats a good plan. But somehow I always get back to just killing every single mob in the area and then I loot. Didn't do that in F
arrons
K
eep
though, I just rolled through everything and got my items lol

Sullichin

Wait, what? They've already nerfed the shit out of the weapon, it's near garbage at this point.

Near garbage? Lol. Nah. It used to do 200+ more damage per swing than my great club. Now it still does slightly more damage. Still good, and seems pretty balanced with all the other str weapons I tried.

jett

D-Member
What's the point of dual wielding twin curved swords? Doesn't seem like there are any benefits to doing that.

The spinning slash is kinda shit too.

Mogwai

-When he taps his club on the ground, get away from him and on the third tap start rolling to dodge through the fire ring.
-Beware of his "staggered" animation because it looks a lot like the animation he does before emitting a frequently insta-killing hail mary explosion.
-The fire comets are pretty easy to dodge, if they're an issue then just jog a lap around the corpse piles in the arena.
-Try to keep the fight to his sides rather than between his legs (like other bosses...) because you can't roll beneath him and you also won't be able to see the telegraphs for his AOE attacks.

Dark Souls trains you to get between the legs of large bosses but that tactic will seriously screw you over here.

It's a greatsword which means its' effectiveness in PvE is... Spotty.

I've upgraded mine to +3 and it barely hits harder on most enemies when compared to the It
hyrll sword.
Alrighty. I'm looking to invest in STR. Can you recommend a good STR weapon for clearing the rest of the game (I'm halfway through)?

Aurongel

I don't understand why From is nerfing ultra greatswords in a game that is more reliant on speed and swiftness than its' predecessors. Those weapons need to do devastating damage to counteract the fact that almost every enemy in the game can now jog circles around you during windup.

Alrighty. I'm looking to invest in STR. Can you recommend a good STR weapon for clearing the rest of the game (I'm halfway through)?

The sword I mentioned at the end there is what I've been using up until now. I'm currently at
the Profaned Capitol
and it seems borderline OP for its' weapon class.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't understand why From is nerfing ultra greatswords in a game that is more reliant on speed and swiftness than its' predecessors. Those weapons need to do devastating damage to counteract the fact that almost every enemy in the game can now jog circles around you during windup.

why is everyone assuming its a nerf

Lakitu

st5fu

Stay behind him and keep rolling. His attacks are pretty slow and avoidable.

Yeah, initially I was staying between his legs but that backfired completely. Thanks for the advice, I've just managed to beat it :)

rdytoroll

Yeah, I dont get it either

E92 M3

Im hearing conflicting reports of whether DEX/INT builds (in other words, magic users) are viable.

Is sorcery worth it in this?

Everything is viable if you're comfortable with it. I've been destroying with my DEX build. A lot of cocky STR players out there haha.

ramyeon

There are no mandatory summons for NPC quests this time around are there? It doesn't seem like it since stuff is happening with NPCs despite me not summoning. That said...
Sirris suggested I summon her if I see her sign :/
I really prefer not summoning help for bosses first time around.

I love going through the game with other players. I always try do it when I can.

Anyone else do this or do ye prefer going at it alone?

I just play offline and solo everything. I may check out NPC summons on the next playthrough, or the one after, to see how they work in this game, but I hate having messages and bloodstains all over the world. Oh, I guess I do like summoning Solaire in DkS1. It just feels like part of the story.

Having it so you can fail NPC quests and miss out on some special items or weapons is A-OK in my book. Losing a vendor to some obscure crap kinda sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom