• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

takoyaki

has this been posted yet? The first DLC pack will be out this fall.

Dark Souls 3's first DLC pack is due to release in autumn, Bandai Namco has confirmed, with a second pack due to arrive at a later date.

While Namco has yet to announce specific details on what each pack will include, it previously promised new bosses, enemies, weapons and armour, as well as new locations to explore. Both DLCs are included with the game's £19.99 Season Pass, although individual prices have yet to be confirmed.

source

J-Rod

I don't know how to turn in boss souls. I still have the first two. .

If you have killed the t
ree boss
then you should have a
transposing kiln
in your inventory. Give it to ludleth (sp?) aka the guy sitting on a throne in firelink. You can then
trade boss souls for weapons with him.

Pejo

Well, I got fed up with my Pyro and started over as an Assassin. I was totally unaware until I unlocked the Pyro merchant that in this game, you need both int and faith for fire spells (like DS2's dark magic). I felt like my build was wayyyy too spread out so now I'm focusing on a dex/int character, which is coincedentally what I almost always start a souls game as.

Whats up with that magic dart spell? Is there any valid use for it other than maybe pulling a single enemy? It's not even great for that because it splits into multiple projectiles.

Also, has the roll iframe level been figured out yet? like ~30% fastest roll - most iframes, 30-50 medium roll, etc? All I've read is "stay below 70" but it's never that simple.

catspit

Does anyone know the SL range for when you invade? I was doing low level invasions and I was SL17.. Ran into a SL47 3 times :/
WTH

Danneee

God damn it.
As per usual (in DS games) I get stuck somewhere an hour in and just start grinding out levels. Last bonfire I activated was the
Tower on the wall
one and I'm up to 10 hours played and level 27...

I'll just get myself to level 30 and then press on.

Nephtes

has this been posted yet? The first DLC pack will be out this fall.

source

Fall??? Ugh.
Anyone know how to back up and reload an Xbox One save? I don't want to have to attempt to beat the DLC in NG++ or start from scratch this fall...

I still haven't found the Bastard Sword and that makes me sad.

save Greirat from his cell on the High Wall of Lothric. Return Loretta's bone to him (found in undead Settlement. Let him grieve for a bit. He'll start selling items eventually including the Bastard Sword for 3000 Souls.

Maybesew

Fall??? Ugh.
Anyone know how to back up and reload an Xbox One save? I don't want to have to attempt to beat the DLC in NG++ or start from scratch this fall...

Maybe start another play thru now so that it will be ready in the fall? This way you are still playing it when it's fresh and new and you can try a new spec or something

Ogawa-san

Beat the game last night, right under 40h. Last boss was DS3 bosses in a nutshell, epic and all but
it's the kind I don't know how people will kill it without being hit. The curved sword "form" is straight up bullshit.

I kind of want to go for a no-shield run next. I know it'll be fine for most bosses, but I expect to be regularly murdered by regular stuff. Thoughts?

these wizards that
summon the black phantoms
in the
dragon zone
, one time
it summoned havel
but I died. Is that how you get the
havel set
? because he keeps
summoning stupid knights
now and not
havel
;_;
Those summoned NPCs are generic, I think only the first kill might give you something unique.

There's a Havel NPC waiting at the top of that building that'll give you the shield and weapon. After killing it, go back to where you fought the stray demon (the highest bonfire in Farron Keep).

Mupod

God damn it.
As per usual (in DS games) I get stuck somewhere an hour in and just start grinding out levels. Last bonfire I activated was the
Tower on the wall
one and I'm up to 10 hours played and level 27...

I'll just get myself to level 30 and then press on.

I like doing co-op and farming cool looking armor sets so it's a constant struggle not to over level myself. I was 39 with a +3 sword in front of
Abyss Watchers
and I'm not sure if I'm overleveled. I'm not getting insta summons anymore :(

Banzai

Late game weapon and end game boss spoiler:

New favorite Souls weapon: Onikiri and Ubadachi. At +10 with 40/40 Str/Dex and the L1 combo rips enemies apart. Went from not having a chance against Soul of Cinder to getting him on the second try with that. Cool weapon art also.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Four days later, Namco shitheads finally answered my CD-key trouble email. They sent me a new one, thank fuck it worked out, otherwise I think I might've just beheaded someone.

Also, thanks so much Gegz for letting me family share this game while Namco fucked me up. THANK YOU!!!!!!

ExVicis

Jesus christ I just had the best fun helping people ever
Spoilers for the Catacombs
. In the
Catacombs
I was a phantom running around and we get to the
Bridge
you can
cut
but the other phantom and the host get there first and
cut the rope
before I'm across, so it's just me and some skeletons scrambling for dear life on that thing as we're just running and I barely make it jumping at the last second. Fucking incredible, this kinda shit is why I like co-op.

jett

D-Member
I haven't been invaded a single time, do I need to be "kindled" to be invaded? How do you invade in this game btw?

p.s: I've recently reached the swap FYI: I see a ladder in the Way of Blue covenant room, how do I reach it? (where you get the standard in the castle) If it's post swamp content, just let me know and don't say any more. :p

No one knows?

Maybesew

Question for people working towards the platinum. Whats your strategy on
collecting all of the rings?
It seems to me like several require
max covenant rank, so which covenants are you working on first? Seems like doing the co-op ones while the populations are high makes sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
pls tell me theres a bonfire near the
nameless king
in this shitplace? actually the zone isnt so bad but its draining

Danneee

I like doing co-op and farming cool looking armor sets so it's a constant struggle not to over level myself. I was 39 with a +3 sword in front of
Abyss Watchers

Hmm I might just get myself summoned for some boss instead...
Do you get souls from enemies defeated while summoned?

Hmm I might just get myself summoned for some boss instead...
Do you get souls from enemies defeated while summoned?

Yes. Last night another Sunbro and I helped someone get through the entirety of C
athedral
of
the Deep
and I made around 27k, and that includes the boss.

AHA-Lambda

I'm early still but have just beaten
the tree
and am using a broadsword, I should probably invest in something better soon I'm guessing
So, ok 2 questions regarding weapons

1) what is the +/- number next to the base number on physical attacks?

2) what's a good weapon for me to invest in upgrade wise at this point in the game? I don't want to waste my time and resources upgrading something comparatively poor. Fanciest looking things I have so far is a Claymore and the Ithryill Straight Sword (the icy one)

anyone?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh fucking lol

is
Havel
supposed to have killed that
dragon
? He's just standing there next to the corpse :D

KHlover

Banned
Abyss Watchers

Idk I just got instasummoned for Abyss Watcher at Lv. 53. In the last few hours during farming him I always got summoned within a minute or two at Lv 38. 38 is totally within range for
Abyss Watcher

I forgot my best summoning story from last night:

I put my summons out for the C
urse-rotted
G
reatwood
fight because I think it's fun as hell and got summoned along with a Sunbro. Fight is going well, the host figures out the weak point early and then when shit gets real he sorta stumbles around and doesn't do any damage.
Meanwhile Sunbro is using a Great Scythe to hit the higher up spots on his back and I run around cutting down the lower spots around the hands and arms. When I hit all the spots I can I eventually move on to baiting out the hand swipes and hitting it.
At this point the host finally gets what is supposed to happen and baits out an attack...that hits me when I wasn't expecting it. So it kills me. However, the attack spins it right around to eat a combo from Sunbro and Sunbro kills it. Now, I'm waiting to be returned to my world...but nothing happens. The "DIS BOSS DED" pops up and I get an Ember and Sunlight Medal. And as my screen fades back to my world I see my souls increase with boss souls.

Lucked the fuck out with that. Killed him 3 more times without dying (once the host was badly positioned and pretty much was
underneath him when he crashed the floor)

If he finishes a combo there will be a pause and you'll have a moment to get in a hit and if you timed it right you can dodge the back kick. I think you can attack him after his leap move as well. There are a lot of variations he can use and as hard as you try it's pretty difficult to dodge everything. It's a tricky fight

Yeah he's giving me a very rough time.
Some of the ways the attacks chain together just seem endless so it's really hard to tell when a combo is ending. The kick and shoulder charge in particular seem to allow him to build a new chain. Then sometimes he'll down you then randomly pull the shoulder charge in the exact direction you roll as if it's just reading your input. I hate to say it but it actually feels a little cheap.

usp84

I just reached I
rythill of the Boreal Valley
and Sm
ouldering Lake
.Holy shit the first is absolutely amazing!

Which would you recommend to explore first?

Oh also, someone help me decide between the CG Boss Soul weapons. Both are fun but I want the
spear for my poison/bleed build and it scales mad nice with Dex
or the
Greatsword cause I'm rockin' that mirrah armor and want to finish out my cosplay and it also scales well with Dex

E92 M3

I just reached I
rythill of the Boreal Valley
and Sm
ouldering Lake
.Holy shit the first is absolutely amazing!

Which would you recommend to explore first?

Keep it hot baby

this game is stingy as fuck when it comes to souls, bosses or regular enemies...
😑

I'm on NG+ and have around 1.5 mil now. Invaders give me rough 10k per kill too. It's a little less than previous games, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom