• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

usp84

Suddenly P
atches
appeared at Firelink Shrine.What?Where did he come from?And he is asking
forgiveness for something
What the hell?

Finished my first run finally.

Got the
link the flame
ending cos I messed up the NPC stuff this time around.

Last boss was surprisingly easy tbh, I harder time with the mid game ones, only took 2 tries!

2nd playthrough now started so I can do the NPC stories right. Already finding new items and enemies which is awesome

ExVicis

I just discovered the secret of S
mouldering
L
ake
. And goddamn this is awesome, at first I wasn't sure but exploring around for a while it's pretty clear where I am. They throw around just enough details that you're preeeeetty sure you know where you are.

Edit: As I typed that I find ever more evidence of what this place is, goddamn Dark Souls 3

Soulflarz

Banned
Suddenly P
atches
appeared at Firelink Shrine.What?Where did he come from?And he is asking
forgiveness for something
What the hell?

When you enter the tower, he locks you out at the bottom
You left a diff way, so this never occured, even though the flag went off.

Some veterans of the franchise are very jaded. It's probably the hardest game of the series.
or
Pretty easy one for me, ridiculous easy to backstab. Took him down on my first try.

This is why, added to the fact they have no poise.

DS3 is not the hardest souls at all.

Tenebrous

Finally had to use a summon to best a boss, and I'm not embarrassed to admit... It's actually the first time I've ever summoned an actual player to help me out with a Souls boss, so that's pretty cool.

If it were a gaffer that just helped me out with L
othric, Younger Prince
on PC, then I salute ye.

Reckon I could've learned the fight, but that bonfire run was getting more than a little bit tedious.

Rizzi

or

I didn't realize that was a boss room, and I went in there with two flasks. I used one flask. Not a difficult boss in the slightest.

E92 M3

or

As someone with about 5000 hours across the franchise, I'd say it's the hardest with Bloodborne being a close second.

Of course, it's all opinions ;)

Ferr986

You guys are gonna make me feel embarassed to have died 3-4 times on A
byss Watchers

Didnt even know you could backstab them!

Korosenai

I just discovered the secret of S
mouldering
L
ake
. And goddamn this is awesome, at first I wasn't sure but exploring around for a while it's pretty clear where I am. They throw around just enough details that you're preeeeetty sure you know where you are.

Edit: As I typed that I find ever more evidence of what this place is, goddamn Dark Souls 3
Whats the secret?

usp84

You mean the 20000 soul tower?I lef the other way yes but i didnt understand that he locked me.Anyway now i can finally give
Siegward his armor

Beat 3 out of first 4 bosses on the first try... Is it me or is this game a lot easier? It's not necessarily a bad thing. :)

Also so far I think Bloodborne is much better game. The environments in that game are a lot more interesting to me... Also I don't mind frame pacing on PS4 at all, but in general framerate is worse than in Bloodborne.

J-Rod

Are there any secrets in High Wall of Lothric? I got the shortcut unlocked already and I haven't chased off the
Dragon
up on the bridge yet.

If you haven't already found it, there is a npc
you can rescue from a prison cell. The key can be found in the same zone. You can run into the room under the dragon, too.

What is? Demon's Souls is a joke compared to Dark I, and Dark III is at least comparable to I.

I think people (like me) who haven't played Bloodborne are finding it a little bit more challenging.

Bloodborne was my first Souls game. It taught me to play aggressively and so far that tactic is working very well in DS3. Maybe that's the difference...

Xeteh

Man, partial parries are useless in this game which is frustrating because the window on them seems larger than in previous games.

FaintDeftone

Some veterans of the franchise are very jaded. It's probably the hardest game of the series.

Given I'm still fairly early into the game, but I would have to agree with this. I've finished every Soulsborne game and this one is kicking my ass pretty early on. Given, I'm still making great progress but I don't remember dying half as much early on as I am in DS3.

Been playing with the wolf's knight greatsword and it's great. Would have hoped the greatswords in general would do way more damage then they are currently though, as of now there isn't much difference between them and straight swords, so no incentive really to pick them, unless you just want a slower, stamina draining move set.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Been playing witht he wolf's knight greatsword and it's great. Would have hoped the greatswords in general would do way more damage then they are currently though, as of now there isn't much difference between them and straight swords.

its not about the damage, the have sweeping aoe attacks and stagger.

Timeaisis

Is there a
rusted iron ring
or equivalent in this game? I'm in the
cathedral
and the giant enemies are really hard to dodge while slow.

Reposting because this is stupid lol

Arkeband

Banned
Can we talk about one of the mini-bosses of the
Cathedral of the Deep
?

(Warning: Arachnophobia)

I'm talking about this nightmare fuel horseshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggz1C6rLFD0

The wikis don't have an official name for it yet, just "giant spider", and this hellspawn dropped right on my head when I was quietly exploring this nook, starting gnashing its fucking knife-teeth at me and stamping its feet-hands, and I literally screamed out loud and stood up out of my computer chair.

What the fuck, FromSoft.
Bloodborne spiders were realistic enough to be creepy, but this?
Are you crazy? Are you outta your moind?!

Xeteh

Huh?

Its one handed moveset and special moves are great

Charge attacks 2 handed hit hard

Its certainly not a bad weapon but its also so easy to get and common that its easy to get bored with it

I did notice that the normal 2H attacks with the Uchi seem a lot slower to me than in previous games, it has been a while though.

its not about the damage, the have sweeping aoe attacks and stagger.

Well not on the big knights in Cathedral of the deep, I can tell you that much. NO difference at all between going at it with a straight sword vs a greatsword with them. They might stagger with ultra greatswords, but not the greatswords.

Cathedral of the Deep
?

The wikis don't have an official name for it yet, just "giant spider", and this hellspawn dropped right on my head when I was quietly exploring this nook, starting gnashing its fucking knife-teeth at me and stamping its feet-hands, and I literally screamed out loud and stood up out of my computer chair.

What the fuck, FromSoft.

I fucking love to no end that guy who wrote a note just before entering this place warning me about it. I just cheezed that spider monstrosity with bolts. Wasn't getting anywhere close to it after it dropped and scared the living shit out of me even though I knew something was coming.

Ferr986

It honestly just might be my character, Uchigatana is not a good weapon.

Wut, its doing great so far to me. Fast, good damage and bleed. And it's weapon art is really useful.

I also have a Claymore and I try to use it because I love it but it doesn't go very well when I use it, especially bosses. Seems like they are suited for fast weapons, atleast for me.

So hows the difficulty of this one compared to Bloodborne? I feel like Bloodborne was the perfect difficulty for me. Everything felt fair, and if I died it was my fault. (except for ROM fuck that guy)

Tenebrous

Cathedral of the Deep
?

What the fuck, FromSoft.

The fur on that really impressed me. Looked great.

So I just beat my first Lord of Cinder, A
byss Watchers
, and I'm kinda torn on which weapon to transpose for this run. I mean, W
olf Knight's Greatsword is Artorias' sword and all
, but the F
arron Greatsword
is apparently really good for PvP, though I'm not nearly as interested in PvP in Souls, it still seems useful. Any recommendations?

Dahbomb

Game starts out easier than the other Souls games but middle and late game it gets considerably harder.

I think if I didn't have prior Souls mega experience (beat and Platinumed) all of them then I would be struggling at this one a lot. Right now things are going at a fine pace for me but I know I have a huge leg up on newcomers.

Also anyone know how to counteract the effects of fast Toxic status? I used the purple moss but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom