• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

Why do I feel like the multiplayer has gotten worse in each game? I remember in Demon's Souls, when me and my friend wanted to play, it was quick and painless. Now it feels like with every game, it's harder and harder to play. More so since the password system only works sometimes.

Me and my friend ended up waiting to try and summon each other, for longer than we acutally played.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought someone said you could buy 2
equip load
rings, but I havent seen / gotten another
demon soul
?

Menome

Okay, I think I have a working system in place now, so does anybody on PS4 around Level 40 want to help be an item-mule for 15-20 minutes and get themselves a free set of Y
uria of Londor
's armor & sword?

Even if it doesn't work properly, you still end up with the items, so it's a win-win.

So hows the difficulty of this one compared to Bloodborne? I feel like Bloodborne was the perfect difficulty for me. Everything felt fair, and if I died it was my fault. (except for ROM fuck that guy)

I would say it's very comparable. Feels a bit easier to me, but that could be because I know what to expect... Even though I beat 3 bosses so far on the first try those fights were challenging.

Wut, its doing great so far to me. Fast, good damage and bleed. And it's weapon art is really useful.

I also have a Claymore and I try to use it because I love it but it doesn't go very well when I use it, especially bosses. Seems like they are suited for fast weapons, atleast for me.

Has anyone had bleed happen with the uchi?

34 Bleed seems to low. Is there an indication when bleed triggers?

Huh?

Its one handed moveset and special moves are great

Charge attacks 2 handed hit hard

Its certainly not a bad weapon but its also so easy to get and common that its easy to get bored with it

Fire infused at +2 is serving me pretty well. I'm going for a STR/DEX build, so I'm hoping to find a better weapon soon.

Wut, its doing great so far to me. Fast, good damage and bleed. And it's weapon art is really useful.

I also have a Claymore and I try to use it because I love it but it doesn't go very well when I use it, especially bosses. Seems like they are suited for fast weapons, atleast for me.
It's great as the early fire infused weapon, but I am finding its moveset really lackluster during more intense situations. It eats a lot of stamina, and at times it is just barely slow enough that an enemy can hit you out of attempts to attack.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

There is a blood splash effect, a loud *crunch* sound effect and you do a significant amount of damage.

I trigger bleed off my Uchi all the time.

It's great as the early fire infused weapon, but I am finding its moveset really lackluster during more intense situations. It eats a lot of stamina, and at times it is just barely slow enough that an enemy can hit you out of attempts to attack.

yeah it doesnt stagger armored enemies since it doesn next to no poise damage

Take this into again and focus on counters with charge one hand R2 and follow up attacks

MicSte79

Neo Member
Anyone know of a really good straight sword? I have been using the Sword of Astoria for most of my play through so far but want something that dishes more pain.

All I seem to find are hand axes and broadswords.

GorillaJu

I thought someone said you could buy 2
equip load
rings, but I havent seen / gotten another
demon soul
?

Yhorm's soul can be traded for a ring that increases your VIT along with other stats at the trade off of some damage mitigation.

Loving PvP. Look like A
nor Londo
is the new Iron keep bridge. Been using the Hollowslayer Greatsword. Fantastic move set and the first weapon I used a slab on. What other weapons are you guys using in PvP?

Ferr986

I consantly bleed regular enemies with it, no luck leveled.

You just need to be really agresive though. I dunno, after +3 consecutive attacks or so. It seems to depend on the mob too.

I dunno, I always had a katana char in every Souls so I¡m used at it's moveset. It doesnt stun for shit of course, and yeah its a little slower than a longsword but also has better reach. Dunno, katanas always serves me well.

Soulflarz

Banned
As someone with about 5000 hours across the franchise, I'd say it's the hardest with Bloodborne being a close second.

Of course, it's all opinions ;)
Yep, basically. I don't like tomatoes. Tomatoes suck, that isn't exactly objective though :p

You mean the 20000 soul tower?I lef the other way yes but i didnt understand that he locked me.Anyway now i can finally give
Siegward his armor

Yep, thats why he asked you for forgiveness. That or he appeared near R
osarios
F
ingers
and bridge dropped you :p

What is? Demon's Souls is a joke compared to Dark I, and Dark III is at least comparable to I.

I think people (like me) who haven't played Bloodborne are finding it a little bit more challenging.

Hmm
I can't say any of them were hard, but I find Dark easier than Demon, but hey, I had no trouble with O&S, and I know plenty of people basically had that ruin their entire playthrough and fill it with suffering lol :p

Can we talk about one of the mini-bosses of the
Cathedral of the Deep
?

(Warning: Arachnophobia)

I'm talking about this nightmare fuel horseshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggz1C6rLFD0

The wikis don't have an official name for it yet, just "giant spider", and this hellspawn dropped right on my head when I was quietly exploring this nook, starting gnashing its fucking knife-teeth at me and stamping its feet-hands, and I literally screamed out loud and stood up out of my computer chair.

What the fuck, FromSoft.
Bloodborne spiders were realistic enough to be creepy, but this?
Are you crazy? Are you outta your moind?!

Thank you for this. Made me lol.

GorillaJu

Anyone know of a really good straight sword? I have been using the Sword of Astoria for most of my play through so far but want something that dishes more pain.

Dark Sword is stronkest straight sword in terms of damage numbers.

twisteh

YAS. Just beaten
Abyss Watchers
Yeah you like that sword up your arse dont you! Only took 50 odd tries and now my gf is annoyed cos I accidentally hit her in face with my elbow when I jumped up to celebrate. Man, this game.

usp84

Well i finally found a
Black Knight with a GreatAxe!!!
The question is can i farm him for his waepon there?Will he ever drop it?

Sullichin

Well i finally found a
Black Knight with a GreatAxe!!!
The question is can i farm him for his waepon there?Will he ever drop it?
Yep. I want it bad.

Dark Sword
Lothric Knight Sword

Arjen

Why do I feel like the multiplayer has gotten worse in each game? I remember in Demon's Souls, when me and my friend wanted to play, it was quick and painless. Now it feels like with every game, it's harder and harder to play. More so since the password system only works sometimes.

Me and my friend ended up waiting to try and summon each other, for longer than we acutally played.

It's been working flawless for me, password system is instant summoning, and invasions only take about 5 seconds.

Artdayne

What is? Demon's Souls is a joke compared to Dark I, and Dark III is at least comparable to I.

I think people (like me) who haven't played Bloodborne are finding it a little bit more challenging.

I think Dark Souls 3 is the hardest of the Soulsborne games I've played and I've played them all except for Dark Souls 2. There are a number of fights that can be quite difficult especially later in the game.

Soulflarz

Banned
YAS. Just beaten
Abyss Watchers
Yeah you like that sword up your arse dont you! Only took 50 odd tries and now my gf is annoyed cos I accidentally hit her in face with my elbow when I jumped up to celebrate. Man, this game.

Souls continues to cause abuse, example 18 :p

The problem with O&S is that they directly follow those damn archers so you're already in a terrible mood.

I love that section because of how many people get so annoyed at it :p
It's amusing!

But yeah, Anor Londo was mildly obnoxious...mildly

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im level 30 a good soul farming spot is the darkwraith in undead seattlements, gives 3k souls and literally takes 15 seconds or so

I'm dying to get to some of the parts you guys are hinting at in the spoilers. I've just got past F
arrons
K
eep
and it seems like the game hasn't even really got to full gear yet.

Soulflarz

Banned
im level 30 a good soul farming spot is the darkwraith in undead seattlements, gives 3k souls and literally takes 15 seconds or so

I should note that until end game or say NG+ that 12k a min is going to be the best source of souls I can think of
(Aka I need to try this)
endgame has enemies who give 60k for wiping them, which means you could go from say 80 to 100 in 40m

twisteh

Souls continues to cause abuse, example 18 :p

I love that section because of how many people get so annoyed at it :p
It's amusing!

But yeah, Anor Londo was mildly obnoxious...mildly

I wasnt exaggerating btw its been at least 50. Stuck here for hours and hours haha, nightmare.

Kalentan

It's been working flawless for me, password system is instant summoning, and invasions only take about 5 seconds.

Last night I and my friend were playing and I was trying to resummon him into my game after he died. Yet, sometimes the sign would appear in ~30 seconds, other times we would wait over 5 minutes and the sign would never appear. We tried many methods and nearly all of them failed. Eventually, we just gave up and quit for the day.

Soulflarz

Banned
I wasnt exaggerating btw its been at least 50. Stuck here for hours and hours haha, nightmare.

RIP

They aren't that bad!

Especially if you realize
they attack each other if you leave them alone until a 3rd comes, I'm assuming you can beat the first form by dodging in a circle for 5 or so minutes straight?

Second form is more obnoxious, pray you break its poise or play it safe.

MilkBeard

Can we talk about one of the mini-bosses of the
Cathedral of the Deep
?

(Warning: Arachnophobia)

I'm talking about this nightmare fuel horseshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggz1C6rLFD0

The wikis don't have an official name for it yet, just "giant spider", and this hellspawn dropped right on my head when I was quietly exploring this nook, starting gnashing its fucking knife-teeth at me and stamping its feet-hands, and I literally screamed out loud and stood up out of my computer chair.

What the fuck, FromSoft.
Bloodborne spiders were realistic enough to be creepy, but this?
Are you crazy? Are you outta your moind?!
Lol. I thought it looked like a spider fused with a cat.

This is right up there with their dog-birds and their shark-dogs.

twisteh

RIP

They aren't that bad!

Especially if you realize
they attack each other if you leave them alone until a 3rd comes, I'm assuming you can beat the first form by dodging in a circle for 5 or so minutes straight?

Second form is more obnoxious, pray you break its poise or play it safe.

Yeah always got the first phase down, but then absolutely rekt in the 2nd lol. Im new to Souls so just a nub I guess haha

I've actually noticed that, if you warp into the bonfire right before the A
byss Watchers
arena and stay out of sight, the Darkwraiths going up the road will attempt to slay everything in their path. Key word being 'attempt'. Chances are at least one of them will die to regular enemies, and the other will be weakened enough so a few fireballs will kill him easily.

Still kinda on the fence with the boss weapon choice, btw.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Gimmick Giant
down, very easy boss. Onwards we push!

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah always got the first phase down, but then absolutely rekt in the 2nd lol. Im new to Souls so just a nub I guess haha

Glad you joined us~

Yeah, Souls gets progressively easier each one you play by leaps and bounds, especially after you've fought all the main enemy types.

It's like when you learn a fighter and X and Y makes sense-- you aren't randomly dying to doing stupid things a ton- boss weakness is dodging with iframes as he does ___? You've played souls enough you don't really have to think about that dodge.

Some guy kills me and I get invited to the steam group "Lamest DS3 players" ;(

That hurts.

His comedic timing still made me laugh
I need to join this group
The trolling potential is endless

ugoo18

Damm the
Simple Gem is in Irithyll Dungeon, guess i've gotta fight through Irithyll of the Boreal Valley as is then :/

Holy crap the
Irithyll Dungeon (Irithyll valley also a bit)
is a gauntlet. I literally ran through everything,
your health bar is either being neutered by those branding enemies, undead are transforming everywhere and that scream that goes off scared the crap out of me twice lol. Getting that bonfire shortcut from the Profaned capital was a literal race against time. I was suffering from toxic, had no estus' left (from the combo of toxic, those spider things, the hand monsters and the caster on the roof who gives you drops Logan's scroll) and my health was nearly gone. I don't think i've ever been happier to see an elevator lol.

Faced
Yhorm
for the first time, that's such an awesome boss fight. Infinitely better than the gank squad fodder that seemed to be the norm (With exceptions) before him. Didn't know about
Storm ruler
though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom