• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimmle

I've actually noticed that, if you warp into the bonfire right before the A
byss Watchers
arena and stay out of sight, the
Darkwraiths
going up the road will attempt to slay everything in their path. Key word being 'attempt'. Chances are at least one of them will die to regular enemies, and the other will be weakened enough so a few fireballs will kill him easily.

Still kinda on the fence with the boss weapon choice, btw.

There are a couple optional stealth set pieces in DS3 that I've encountered and they've both been pretty interesting.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, where is this?

tower on the wall bonfire, go to bottom floor and theres a door opposite the guy with halberd that requires the cell key, hes a miniboss for a side quest that gives the red orb thing, but he keeps respawning

ElFly

I've actually noticed that, if you warp into the bonfire right before the A
byss Watchers
arena and stay out of sight, the
Darkwraiths
going up the road will attempt to slay everything in their path. Key word being 'attempt'. Chances are at least one of them will die to regular enemies, and the other will be weakened enough so a few fireballs will kill him easily.

Still kinda on the fence with the boss weapon choice, btw.

Hahaha yeah.

But on my attempt on the boss, I decided to watch them slaughtering the asshole poison deformed peeps.

So I stepped up to the door and whipped out my binoculars (did you know you can zoom in and out with the d-pad?!?!) and sure enough, there is a
Darkwraiths
fighting asshole poison deformities. But where's the other one?

And, obviously at that moment I am pushed out of the binocular watching by a sword to the face. The other fucking
Darkwraith
just sneaked up on me and fucked me up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yhorm's soul can be traded for a ring that increases your VIT along with other stats at the trade off of some damage mitigation.

I have that. the equip load isnt much :/

I dont see how I can use a giant sword and giant shield and still medium roll, even with light armor man. I need to respec so I might pump some more into equip load but it wont be enough

Can we talk about one of the mini-bosses of the
Cathedral of the Deep
?

(Warning: Arachnophobia)

I'm talking about this nightmare fuel horseshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggz1C6rLFD0

The wikis don't have an official name for it yet, just "giant spider", and this hellspawn dropped right on my head when I was quietly exploring this nook, starting gnashing its fucking knife-teeth at me and stamping its feet-hands, and I literally screamed out loud and stood up out of my computer chair.

What the fuck, FromSoft.
Bloodborne spiders were realistic enough to be creepy, but this?
Are you crazy? Are you outta your moind?!
Yeah, this surprised the crap out if me. I wasn't expecting that at all.

So, what does everyone think of (area spoiler)
Smouldering Lake
? I think the area is amazing so far, but I haven't fought the boss yet.
Illusionary walls
all over the place.

Astral

Is there a trick to illusory walls in this game or am I just being trolled? I keep running into messages with tons of positive ratings that say there's one but attacking it or pressing X does nothing.

Chorazin

Hour and a half on C
crystal Sage
so far. 😢 I'm really close to summoning and I NEVER do that.

Anyone who says this is the easiest Souls is crazy. I've beat them all and this is the hardest one yet.

Lakitu

st5fu
I
rithyll
is just an amazing environment in terms of direction and design. Stunning. I will say I've loved every location so far. Feels really well designed.

Steel

Banned
Is there a trick to illusory walls in this game or am I just being trolled? I keep running into messages with tons of positive ratings that say there's one but attacking it or pressing X does nothing.

Troll. I rate those messages positively, mind you.

Dahbomb

You have to attack illusory walls. If it's not opening then you are being trolled.

Soulflarz

Banned

Roll or attack. I know attack works, I think roll does?

...Now really, that's just the Souls community trolling you, because as we all know, messages that screw people over are 5x funnier.

Hour and a half on C
crystal Sage

Anyone who says this is the easiest Souls is crazy. I've beat them all and this is the hardest one yet.

Hit it before it pops up again and you're going to take no damage. 2h the entire fight, etc.
It dies like none other.

FaintDeftone

So I started the game as the Mercenary class and I'm noticing the dual scimitars are fairly weak. I've upgraded it to +1 so far but I still feel like it takes more hits than it should to kill some of these scrub enemies. Is there a better weapon I should be using for a DEX build? Is the uchigatana still the preferred starting weapon here for most? I do have it in my possession but the fact that I can't one hand it at the start bothers me a little.

MGrant

Hour and a half on C
crystal Sage

It's the rule of Souls; one person's easy is another's biggest stumbling block.

What build are you using? I took down that boss with a sword and shield build on the second try by saying "fuck it" to playing cautiously and rushing it down with two-handed R1s every time it appeared.

Ferr986

Any Uchi players out there? Looking for advice on dex scaling and if I'm just wasting over leveling dex?

The Uchi only scales on DEX so yeah , level up that unless you want to infuse it with some element. Dunno what's the soft cap here.

Also, Luck increase bleed effect. Again, dunno how much leveling Luck does improve Bleed.. Still early on the game.

Can anyone recommend a place to get a good shield in the early parts of the game. I started with the Assassin class so all I have so far are the really small shields that dont black incoming damage completely. Also would like some help on finding some decent armor as well, where do people get the armor with the red cape that some of the harder knights are wearing in the first area?

You can try getting one off the Lothric Knights. It's pretty much the balder shield of this game. Kept it throughout the whole game.

Troll. I rate those messages positively, mind you.

Yeah, illusory walls are essentially a crapshoot. Few and far between, but you won't know they're there unless you're smacking random walls or there's a message next to said wall.

There are a couple optional stealth set pieces in DS3 that I've encountered and they've both been pretty interesting.

Huh. I guess I should keep an eye out, then.

Hahaha yeah.

But on my attempt on the boss, I decided to watch them slaughtering the asshole poison deformed peeps.

So I stepped up to the door and whipped out my binoculars (did you know you can zoom in and out with the d-pad?!?!) and sure enough, there is a
Darkwraiths
fighting asshole poison deformities. But where's the other one?

And, obviously at that moment I am pushed out of the binocular watching by a sword to the face. The other fucking
Darkwraith
just sneaked up on me and fucked me up.

Yeah, Darkwraiths are pretty sensitive, I don't like to take chances with those guys.

what-ok

The Uchi only scales on DEX so yeah , level up that unless you want to infuse it with some element. Dunno what's the soft cap here.

Also, Luck increase bleed effect. Again, dunno how much leveling Luck does improve Bleed.. Still early on the game.
Then dex and Luck it is. It's infused with fire right now but I may switch it up to sharp. Thanks!

Guevara

What build are you using? I took down that boss with a sword and shield build on the second try by saying "fuck it" to playing cautiously and rushing it down with two-handed R1s every time it appeared.

This is the right approach, I think.

Can we talk about one of the mini-bosses of the
Cathedral of the Deep
?

(Warning: Arachnophobia)

I'm talking about this nightmare fuel horseshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggz1C6rLFD0

The wikis don't have an official name for it yet, just "giant spider", and this hellspawn dropped right on my head when I was quietly exploring this nook, starting gnashing its fucking knife-teeth at me and stamping its feet-hands, and I literally screamed out loud and stood up out of my computer chair.

What the fuck, FromSoft.
Bloodborne spiders were realistic enough to be creepy, but this?
Are you crazy? Are you outta your moind?!

Wait, that was a spider? All I can remember is something big attacked me which I proceeded to beat the shit out of with my claymore without thinking.

Guess some people are just more attentive than me.

Chorazin

Roll or attack. I know attack works, I think roll does?

...Now really, that's just the Souls community trolling you, because as we all know, messages that screw people over are 5x funnier.

Hit it before it pops up again and you're going to take no damage. 2h the entire fight, etc.
It dies like none other.

I'm having zero problems with him until
he splits in four.
My dude can only take like two bolts while at full health, and dodging one means I get hit by another. Going directly for
the purple one
or trying to kill the
illusions
all end in me taking a bunch of damage. Getting him down to 30% damage every time is fucking infuriating.

That's the damn truth! Dex and Int base, sword and shield with magic support.

myco666

Oh god the road to get all trophies is behind such a stupid grind. Either win 30 PVP matches for two covenants or farm enemies with super low droprates.

Wait, we have people discussing spoilers openly now?

Yup. Happens everytime and is the reason why I stay away from OTs or the community until I've beaten the game.

ExVicis

Oh god the road to get all trophies is behind such a stupid grind. Either win 30 PVP matches for two covenants or farm enemies with super low droprates.

Yup. Happens everytime and is the reason why I stay away from OTs or the community until I've beaten the game.
Is talking about spoilers while using tags frowned upon now?

I hate the fucking grab that
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
has. Awful. I love this fight so much (my favorite in the game so far), but that grab is so annoying.

Ice9

Started Using
Vordt of the Borreal Hammer
and man do I love this thing. Hits like a truck, and the special ability increases my poise.

Doe anyone know how effective the Frost ability is for this weapon? There is like 0 info on how this weapon works that I can find so far, surely someone else has to like this thing?

Bonus points because it looks awesome.

Ferr986

Ok, saw a ghost of someone with the
Dancer
armor.

Now I just want to make a female character for it, even thouigh Im still early with my first character (Fallen Knight dude).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom