• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandelbo

Okay, I think I have a working system in place now, so does anybody on PS4 around Level 40 want to help be an item-mule for 15-20 minutes and get themselves a free set of Y
uria of Londor
's armor & sword?

Even if it doesn't work properly, you still end up with the items, so it's a win-win.

I would, but I can't get on my PS4 right now. If you're using passwords, though, you should be able to summon people regardless of level.

Citadel

I love the dynamic nature of being a mad phantom. I've been summoned so many times by peoples either wanting to duel or needing help with enemies/invaders. I'll never attack the host unless they attack me first, but the idea of either of us turning on each other at any time always has me (and the host) on edge for the entire experience. It's fantastic, and has provided me with some amazing co-op experiences that I haven't had with any other Souls games. Just last night, someone summoned me and I quickly found him fighting another mad phantom. I assumed he was hastely summoning anyone he could because he was pretty outmatched against this phantom. I run in and backstab the phantom - who either didn't see me or assumed since I was also mad, I would help him - and easily vanquished him. The Host bowed, and I left knowing my job was done. Great times. I think I've spent more time putting down my summon sign and helping others than actually doing my own quests.

Side question -- can anyone recommend a good PVP guide, or even an items guide? Im currently using a +2 raw broadsword, but would like to know if it's worth finding a new sword or just upgrading this one. For PVE and PVP.

Buburibon

So uh
Smouldering lake
is some Bs.
Giant Archer? Check, Useless bait? Check. Murdering psycopath boss? Check. Lightning shooting snake worm?
what the fucckk

You can
disable the "archer" when you get up there
. It's a pretty cool area actually,
with much more "depth" than I had imagined
. Pun intended I guess. :)

Menome

I would, but I can't get on my PS4 right now. If you're using passwords, though, you should be able to summon people regardless of level.

Aye, the key word is "should". Been having a few problems getting this to work today because of being unable to see the other person's sign, even with passwords in place. So, I'm sticking to near-ish my player level to reduce the risk of it messing up again.

If you're around in the next four hours and I've still got the items, feel free to PM me. :)

I'm at the C
athedral
and went up an elevator. I just went up against those
knights above the giant dude
where you can fall to your death. I went back outside all walked all the way down, but it's a dead end. Am I missing something or is the boss somewhere else?

Can we talk about one of the mini-bosses of the
Cathedral of the Deep
?

(Warning: Arachnophobia)

I'm talking about this nightmare fuel horseshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggz1C6rLFD0

The wikis don't have an official name for it yet, just "giant spider", and this hellspawn dropped right on my head when I was quietly exploring this nook, starting gnashing its fucking knife-teeth at me and stamping its feet-hands, and I literally screamed out loud and stood up out of my computer chair.

What the fuck, FromSoft.
Bloodborne spiders were realistic enough to be creepy, but this?
Are you crazy? Are you outta your moind?!

Just wait till later in the game, haha!!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
This game is MASSIVE.

Also I guess I am totally locked into the dark path. Things... got very dark. So dark. I didn't expect things to go like this. To get so damn dark.

Ferr986

So huh I can burn some ashes on the firelink, It power up something but I hope is not like the DS2 item that reset and makes everything hard

makes your estus better, like in DS2

I'm at the C
athedral
where you can fall to your death. I went back outside all walked all the way down, but it's a dead end. Am I missing something or is the boss somewhere else?

Boss is not there but look for a ledge to drop down in that area...

Man, I'm having a blast jolly cooperating with people on W
olnir
. It's weird seeing people who haven't tried the boss yet summon me though. W/e the boss is fun and not too difficult, so it's perfect for farming souls and medals *^*. Anyone know how some people manage to have a four man party? Or how sometimes there is two people with host in the name? Soooo active too, it's great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shortcut for later.

later? I thought I was about to finish heh

Dragonslayer Armor
down second try, not too bad. I guess its a
Orstein
homage? >_>

Onemic

DS3 most definitely feel harder than DS2. The non-boss enemies at least. 4 bosses in and the bosses do seem easier, even though im still dying a lot to them.

Buburibon

I'm at the C
athedral

There's definitely a
boss there. In fact, you won't be able to enter a later area without defeating the Cathedral boss

Is there a
rusted iron ring
or equivalent in this game? I'm in the
cathedral
and the giant enemies are really hard to dodge while slow.

Reposting because this is stupid lol

lure out the small guys one at a time and kill them off. then lure the big dudes into the shallow water and kill them. once dead they are gone for good. they are super easy, the only thing to watch for is the big stomps

Taruranto

Oh god, what they did to sorcery!!

Why Miyazaki, why!!!

UwiVLZ6.gif

xinek

Quick question about pyromancy -- when they say that it scales with Faith and Int, does that mean you can pump points into either, or you must put points into both? I've been mostly using melee with pyro backup, but I'd like to start leveling up my pyro -- it's really fun!

Also, my fire gem infused longsword is starting to feel a little weak, since it doesn't scale with anything. I'd like to figure out soon whether it makes sense to switch to a weapon that will scale with Faith or Int. Haven't found anything that I like yet, so I figure I'll have to re-infuse my longsword to get scaling.

Alucrid

Banned
DS3 most definitely feel harder than DS2. The non-boss enemies at least. 4 bosses in and the bosses do seem easier, even though im still dying a lot to them.

eh. i feel like no ds3 enemy has been more of a pain in the ass than the giant knights at that one ocean tower area

MicSte79

Neo Member
Straight, and you can find it in
High Wall of Lothric or Farron Keep.
It's a really good weapon. I don't know if you want specifics, so I just gave you the areas.

Thank you.

Everytime I farm Darkwraiths that carry them, I only pick up Cracked Red Eye Orbs.

Is this because I haven't levelled any of my Luck stat yet?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
LOL what the fuck, why is there a bonfire after the
dragonslayer armour
bonfire, its literally a few feet away. I can see the other one from where I am o_O

blackw0lf

Can you fully understand the story of Dark Souls III without knowing the full story of I and II? Or is enough info provided that you can piece together everything just by what III Provides

Mandelbo

dragonslayer armour
bonfire, its literally a few feet away. I can see the other one from where I am o_O

They're doing the same thing they do in Bloodborne, where they give you a bonfire after every boss no matter how far away the next proper one is :p

Can you fully understand the story of Dark Souls III without knowing the full story of I and II? Or is enough info provided that you can piece together everything just by what III Provides

You don't *need* to have played the previous games, but I'd highly recommend doing so if you want to fully understand what's happening - it's much more of a direct sequel than DS2 was.

ok... so one of the NPC's did something not nice to me in terms of one of their "abilities"

I had no idea what "True power" was, I still don't. I was comparing the soul comparisons for leveling and noticed it cost nothing, so I tested it out and did it once and the mother fucker went back in time so I never wore any sunscreen

I assume there is a way to reverse hollowing, I just haven't found the item yet

They're doing the same thing they do in Bloodborne, where they give you a bonfire after every boss no matter how far away the next proper one is :p

You don't *need* to have played the previous games, but I'd highly recommend doing so if you want to fully understand what's happening - it's much more of a direct sequel than DS2 was.

So... this game is basically a more direct sequel to Dark Souls I and not Dark Souls II? I assumed it's before Dark Souls II considering a bunch of old places that exist in Dark Souls are still kicking around in this game. Don't say anything if it gives away a major plot point.

dragonslayer armour

I don't know that area, but I assume it is between worlds so each will have a bonfire. Although they are relatively close, they belong to different areas/worlds. A boss' bonfire will be close to the nest new area's bonfire.

ISee

Made some progress 'below' the
smouldering lake
today and found the
fume greatsword
:) But I'll probably won't be able to use it until NG+ ...

Place feels so huge and really reminds me of a BB chalice dungeon... But to be honest many places feel like I've seen them already in other 'souls' games... hopefully this will change later on.

Unai

I think it's hard to know for sure right now. You'll know enough to make sense of what's going on, but fully understand it might not be so simple even for people who played everything lol

Pif

Banned
PS4 players:

Are you experiencing instant death screens when you boot the game back up from Rest mode?

Had my ember on, almost 10 thousand souls and this shit happens.

Buburibon

How do I do that? Also how do I beat the thing

You can go across and around
the worm and reach the boss bonfire, and continue your way through the tunnels until you get to a couple ladders that take you up to the area where the arrows come from. Or, you can drop down an opening in the "middle" of the lake area, and avoid part of the maze, until you reach the aforesaid ladders
. If you're asking about how to kill the
worm
I'm afraid have no idea how to do it yet. I got through everything in the area, including the
boss
, but the
worm
still stands. :p

E92 M3

You can go across and around
the worm and reach the boss bonfire, and continue your way through the tunnels until you get to a couple ladders that take you up to the area where the arrows come from. Or, you can drop down an opening in the "middle" of the lake area, and avoid part of the maze, until you reach the aforesaid ladders
. If you're asking about how to kill the
worm
I'm afraid have no idea how to do it yet. I got through everything in the area, including the
boss
, but the
worm
still stands. :p

Would you like to know how?

convo

Yeah thats why I chose Pyro still, I miss the ammo spell mechanics than the crappy mana management and a melee weapon because you will ran out of mana always

And you won't run out of spell charges in previous games? I don't see the exact problem. You can allocate more ash flasks for a reason.

bobawesome

I played the game nearly all day yesterday and it's great. I have one thing I'm worried about, though. I've noticed that two NPCs are no longer there. I'm referring to
the bodyguard for the "firekeeper" and some woman I saw sitting down once. She was wearing some pretty neat armor but honestly, nothing she said or did stood out. She was sorta mean, I guess?
Anyway, without spoiling anything, is this normal or intentional or do I need to be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom