• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai XIII

What are the soft caps for Str/Dec?

Is there anything else in the
Irithyll Dungeon
other than
Yhorm
? If not I guess I'll head back to
Irithyll.

Taruranto

What exactly happened to Sorcery? how was it nerfed?

They added mana, spellcasting is slow (and the enemies are faster than in DS1-2, closer to BB) and overall significantly nerfed the damaged output. We also get a separate Estus for Mana, and we need to balance it with the "normal" Estus (A pure melee character can heal itself 5 times, a mage will have to sacrifice 2-3 Estus for the "Mana" Estus)

I feel really bad when I'm summoned as a Phantom, the other phantom can dish out damage like crazy and heal himself much more, while I'm stuck counting mana and make sure I don't take more than 1 hit or I won't have enough Estus to try the boss.

Kaname

And you won't run out of spell charges in previous games? I don't see the exact problem. You can allocate more ash flasks for a reason.

You weren't forced to allocate healing stuff to replenish your spells like in this game though. It's a pretty heavy trade-off honestly, especially if you're not really good and tend to get hit a lot, I guess.

Sucks picking up all these cool looking shields (like the spider one) but they all make my roll significantly slower.

What do I upgrade to fix that? Strength or Vitality? I'm a mercernary who's been putting all his stats into DEX/VIG/END.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
When's the earliest you can get a
Titanite Slab
? Spoiler tag it ofc. I'm at the
Dragon Barracks
if there's one close by.

Buburibon

You have to stand in a certain spot behind it. It will cause the worm to stand up and shoot lightening. With that, the arrows will keep hitting the worm and eventually killing it!

I see! I had a feeling the
arrows
were part of the how. Cool, I'll just make a run
up there and enabled it again
. Thank you!

Hikami

Blue Sentinels covenant rewards spoilers
So is the Darkmoon Blade miracle any good? I'm at 10 covenant items and been getting summoned constantly so I can get it pretty easily, want to know if it's worth investing the 30 faith required for it though.

Manu

I guess I'm glad they didn't ignore DS2 in DS3. There's so much stuff from 2 in there, I wonder how the DS2 haters feel about that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think trash enemies are a lot harder this time around. In DkS1, enemies like the
Cathedral Wardens, the Catacomb Ninja Skeletons, and the frost knights in Irithyll would've been occasional "elite" encounters like the Black Knights or Havels. Here they're just regular guys populating the path between bonfires. They're very mobile, with long reach and massive amounts of stamina. You can't circle strafe them so you need to go for the kick, which leaves you open. They have at least 3-4 attack patterns with varying timing between the swings and sometimes even ranged options.

I don't think the bosses are significantly harder but being the third game in the series, any "similar" bosses will be easier due to accumulation of experience.

I think trash enemies are a lot harder this time around. In DkS1, enemies like the
Cathedral Wardens, the Catacomb Ninja Skeletons, and the frost knights in Irithyll would've been occasional "elite" encounters like the Black Knights or Havels. Here they're just regular guys populating the path between bonfires. They're very mobile, with long reach and massive amounts of stamina. You can't circle strafe them so you need to go for the kick, which leaves you open. They have at least 3-4 attack patterns with varying timing between the swings and sometimes even ranged options.

I don't think the bosses are significantly harder but being the third game in the series, any "similar" bosses will be easier due to accumulation of experience.

I'm getting destroyed right now by these frost Knights. Too many man.

Three at once. Who thought that was fair?

psychotron

I can't remember who recommended the
Irithyll Straight Sword
, but thank you! Just downed
Pontiff
in a handful of tries. That weapon is a beast at +3.

Where can it be found?

Straight, and you can find it in
High Wall of Lothric or Farron Keep.
It's a really good weapon. I don't know if you want specifics, so I just gave you the areas.

Where in the High Wall?

Cat Party

Sucks picking up all these cool looking shields (like the spider one) but they all make my roll significantly slower.

What do I upgrade to fix that? Strength or Vitality? I'm a mercernary who's been putting all his stats into DEX/VIG/END.
Vitality. You need to get your equipment load up enough so that you are below 70%.

convo

You weren't forced to allocate healing stuff to replenish your spells like in this game though. It's a pretty heavy trade-off honestly, especially if you're not really good and tend to get hit a lot, I guess.

That's why casters are more ranged typed classes. I thought the whole point of it is to get in position to snipe enemies. Sorcery gets you:spell spoiler:
Soul Stream
, so they have won my vote in whatever popularity contest.

ISee

No way, rolling is way more forgiving in 3 than 2. The rolling and recovery feel great in 3 though.

I breezed through most of DS2 without much thinking, and you could lvl up the iframes for rolling...
Most bosses weren't super hard and standard enemies were very forgiving and predictable. Also healing gems made exploring extremely easy up to the point where I was barely using my estus and I was always topped off after an encounter.

DS3 on the other side is much better in that regard. Even standard enemies are much more relentless, have different attack patterns, good reach, are fast etc. So far I've far more respect for DS3 enemies than for DS2 enemies. Especially because my healing options are limited this time around.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ok my reshade is starting to impress me more n more god dam

25843630294_61e5073c81_o.png

blackw0lf

They're doing the same thing they do in Bloodborne, where they give you a bonfire after every boss no matter how far away the next proper one is :p

You don't *need* to have played the previous games, but I'd highly recommend doing so if you want to fully understand what's happening - it's much more of a direct sequel than DS2 was.

I've played and finished Dark Souls I, and I don't think I fully understood everything. I was so confused by the end. Been trying to piece together the bits of lore together. Looking at the wiki page and reading item descriptions and conversations I missed helps a lot.

So those from (covenant spoiler)
Farron Watchdog
covenant, at what level are you getting invasions, I'm 28 and have a +3 weapon, and I'm getting summons, but sometimes I can go several minutes without one. Somehow, I'm feeling I'm missing the sweet spot.

Just need 10 more for Rank 2.

Multiple times, I have been down to no estus flasks left, less than half health, and somehow managed to navigate to an Ember and pop that shit to get just enough health to finish off a boss.

This game if fucking awesome.

5 bosses down so far...rocking the Claymore, but kind of want to try something fancier. It seems like all the Great Swords I have found so far require a fair bit of Dex though, and I have been focusing on Strength.

Melchiah

I know carrying 8,000 souls is probably nothing later on, but goddam it felt good finding the second bonfire in the U
ndead Settlement
, and being able to depart with the souls. I cashed the seven soul items I had found, farmed a little in the H
igh Wall of Lothric
, and was finally able to buy the Tower key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom