• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

So I can sit there as a W
atchdog of Farron
for ten minutes and never get summoned into a world, then pop a red eye orb and get summoned instantly.

Dimmle

Something about
Ornstein and Smough and the archers. I didn't know they were in the game. Unless you just meant to post that in a DS1 thread or were talking about DS1 in which case I misread you post and I apologize, but the post had no context at all.

Oh dude, I was talking about DS1. Haha. It was in response to someone saying they didn't have trouble with O&S. Maybe I should have quoted that.

Nephtes

This
Yoel
dude is conspicuous as fuck.

Hahahahahaha haha... Oh man... Ohhhhhhhhhh man.
I wish I could go back in time to experience that feeling again...

Like that feeling in Dark Souls 1 when you claw your way back to Firelink Shrine bonfire to find it's gone out... All thanks to opening a cell and freeing a guy.

You're like "Fuuuuuuck." But emotions... It's fun to experience them.

Nazo

Dunno if it's too late to help you, but don't lock-on on that fight. Like, make it work without. You'll do better.

I tried that but I spent a good chunk of the fight staring at feathers and it would just get me killed. I've found that locking-on and unlocking at specific times helps in the first phase works well. The second form just plain old kicks my ass.

Wagram

D
ancer of the Borreal Valley
was probably the easiest yet. The patterns were complex and cool, but you could spot them a mile away.

Baliis

So I can sit there as a W
atchdog of Farron
for ten minutes and never get summoned into a world, then pop a red eye orb and get summoned instantly.

I've yet to be summoned as a
watchdog
or
blue sentinel
bug have been invaded multiple times and dropping a summon sign gets me summoned instantly.

Jellie

Question for those that have beaten the game:

How hard is Pontiff Sulyvahn considered relative to most bosses in the game?
Haven't quite beaten the game (got two bosses and one optional left) and found him the hardest so far. Only one boss after came close for me in difficulty but as I haven't quite finished I can't say for sure.

Shifty

Is it me or are the servers on fire? Had trouble connecting for co-op all evening, and now I straight up can't log in.

Mothman91

Don't know if this is something that I should spoiler, if so just tell me and I will.

Enemies that sap your max health and shrink it, wtf do I do?

Korosenai

I don't think there's many people in that area. It's the only time I've been invaded by red eye orbers while solo.

Dammit... you're not wrong.

I've yet to be summoned as a
watchdog
or
blue sentinel
bug have been invaded multiple times and dropping a summon sign gets me summoned instantly.
I know there are people there because I pop a red eye orb and I'm instantly put in someone's world

Cob32

Don't know if this is something that I should spoiler, if so just tell me and I will.

i think it's if they look at you and their lanterns are on. Not much you can do other than kill them quickly

Ferr986

Just beat W
olnir. That was kind of a mess, dude ended up so close to the wall that I couldn't even reach his arm when he got the sword because he kept clipping through the wall/floor.

Nabbis

Well, you could dodge.

As for my own problems... Should have rolled something else aside from dex. The weapons suck.

MUnited83

For you.
Mound makers needs to be updated to make the covenant not useless after the first week. Make it so they can get covenant items by Killing a good ammount of mobs or something.

pablito

Man I'm so bad at pvp but the shit is still fun and hilarious.

After restarting I found the
mound makers
covenant and started the grind. Whenever another
mound maker also invades I end up getting ganged up on every time. I guess that's the nature of the covenant since you can hurt the other mound maker as well. But I never get to be on the 2v1 side, always the 1v2 lol.

Mound makers needs to be updated to make the covenant not useless after the first week. Make it so they can get covenant items by Killing a good ammount of mobs or something.

Yeah I imagine if I do another playthrough (I usually do one) I probably won't bother with it.

KHlover

Banned
Anyone got an idea how to get on the small ledge with a corpse hanging off in the same part of the Firelink Shrine tower as the
Estus Ring
? I always just slide off :S

purg3

slept with Malkin
Question for those that have beaten the game:

How hard is Pontiff Sulyvahn considered relative to most bosses in the game?

I thought it was one of the tougher fights. I would probably put it in the top 3 in terms of difficulty. Of course that's just subjective based on play style, but I had a good amount of trouble with him compared to some others.

Ferr986

Guys, at the C
atacombs, on the bridge before the boss, I see down there some items to grab. How i the fuck can I go that down?

Nephtes

Guys, at the C
atacombs, on the bridge before the boss, I see down there some items to grab. How i the fuck can I go that down?

the bridge you chopped down becomes a ladder... Go back a page or so and look at my tips for when you get down there... ^_^

Ferr986

The answer is right in front of you and in your question. ;)

the bridge you chopped down becomes a ladder... Go back a page or so and look at my tips for when you get down there... ^_^

If you
break the bridge you can climb down it as a ladder.

lol thanks!
I didn't even chop the bridge. I saw a note that said to destroy it but when I turned to do it I saw a shit ton of skeletons going after me so I ran the shit out of there lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I tried that but I spent a good chunk of the fight staring at feathers and it would just get me killed. I've found that locking-on and unlocking at specific times helps in the first phase works well. The second form just plain old kicks my ass.

It is rough, but I'm confident you'll make it through.

I died to him TWICE with a tiny sliver of his health left. Anytime that happens in a Souls game I just feel like
g6r9S1N.gif

Yep it's for duels. The way I thought it worked was that the host seen your summon sign as a friendly and instead summoned an invader which would of been cool.

You can also invade as a mound maker, put the mound maker item covenant and use red orb. Done.

Is probably the best way to invade actually, you can complete an invasion killing one phantom.

You can just invade as one. Though that moment you spawn and it says "kill the host or THREE phantoms"...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That's me done for the night, had a beast session today where I got multiple bosses down and boosted my Butcher's Knife from +6 to +10, easily my best day with the game so far, I was just on fire. I'm getting the feeling I'll be done in a couple of days. Currently sitting at strength and vigor soft cap, now working on endurance and vitality! The game really is fucking incredible it has to be said.

Nazo

It is rough, but I'm confident you'll make it through.

I died to him TWICE with a tiny sliver of his health left. Anytime that happens in a Souls game I just feel like
g6r9S1N.gif

I appreciate the vote of confidence. I'm sure I can do it but I need to take a break for the Day. I've gotten pretty good at the first phase and can get through with most of my Estus I really just need to learn the second phase and I should be golden.

J-Rod

How do you remove the curse status effect?

There is a statue in
undead settlement that you can interact with to remove curse or sin. You access it through the sewer with rats. I'm not sure if that is the only way, there may be a consumable that does it too.

Korosenai

Oh, actually, yeah that would be the better takeaway.

22k souls, man. I hate that place.
And that's the issue for me. I can pop a red eye orb and find games all day long.... But in that covenant you don't get the sword grass you need when invading... You have to be summoned through the covenant and that never happens, so I can't rank up in the covenant.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is it me or does anyone else find the game....a little bit too easy compared to the last games.

myco666

Why the hell is the game forcing me to carry all the useless items with me? I have moved pretty much everything to the bonfire so that I don't have too much stuff to clutter the menu but once I sit on the bonfire again all the stuff goes back into my inventory. I don't use any of these ever so please let me dumb them into the box.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it me or does anyone else find the game....a little bit too easy compared to the last games.

I definitely felt this way. Lots of one and done bosses. Couldn't truly figure out if it's just my experience with Souls games or if it was actually easier.

Hikami

Why the hell is the game forcing me to carry all the useless items with me? I have moved pretty much everything to the bonfire so that I don't have too much stuff to clutter the menu but once I sit on the bonfire again all the stuff goes back into my inventory. I don't use any of these ever so please let me dumb them into the box.
Do you have auto-refill for them checked on?

Caim

And that's the issue for me. I can pop a red eye orb and find games all day long.... But in that covenant you don't get the sword grass you need when invading... You have to be summoned through the covenant and that never happens, so I can't rank up in the covenant.

W
olf's Blood Swordgrass
can also drop from the G
hru
at a very low rate though. I've found 3 that way.

Santiako

So there's this big Gollum looking guy in the
Irythill Dungeon
, he's not attacking but I can't interact with it either, anyone knows what's up with that? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom