• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Dragonslayer
down, I've been tearing through the game today, my best session yet.

Banzai

2 questions:

Has the community decided on the ideal level range for pvp yet? I feel pretty damn strong at ca 80, another 20 or 40 would just make me a beast.

About (npc quest spoilers)
Sirris of the Sunless Realms, I read up on her but I cant get her summon sign to appear on the bridge to Illithyl or in front of the door to cursed greatwood. Although I have already beaten the game, I'm guessing that's why? No guide I looked up explicitly states that.

Nephtes

PRO TIP: Let a Mimic Work for you for Once

Before the entrance to
Smouldering Lake
there is a large
demon, like the one you fight with Siegward
This thing may be difficult to take on when you first get here.

I gave up trying to kill this guy and instead decided to open a chest of the other side the room. No go. It was a Mimic and it ate me to death. But I realized that OTHER enemies were fighting the big guy, maybe the mimic would too...and mimics in this game are TOUGH!

So go back in, poke the mimic and RUN AWAY.
I did this and came back to find the mimic dead (yay!) and the big guy down to a sliver of life. I killed him and went about my merry way.

Thank you for once to a Mimic. :)

2 questions:

Has the community decided on the ideal level range for pvp yet? I feel pretty damn strong at ca 80, another 20 or 40 would just make me a beast.

Sirris of the Sunless Realms, I read up on her but I cant get her summon sign to appear on the bridge to Illithyl or in front of the door to cursed greatwood. Although I have already beaten the game, I'm guessing that's why? No guide I looked up explicitly states that.

If you join Rosaria's Fingers covenant before finishing her questline, you'll miss it.

Trace

Banned
2 questions:

Probably going to be 120 I'd imagine. Having it be anywhere lower would mean that high-str requirement weapons and a lot of magic would be worthless.

I was just duelling against two players and lost my HP on the lip of a ladder. As I fell down the hole both of them tumbled into the abyss after me and their deaths registered as soon as they hit the floor, where as I went through some animation first so I ended up getting the win. I think it was my finest pvp victory in any Souls game.

Salty Hippo

How do I deal with the
icy thing at the lower level of the Abandoned Church
on the Undead Settlement? It's the first enemy so far that I feel I have no chance of killing. It's the only path I have left on this location, already explored everything else.

Buburibon

They are so incredibly fast that you can't even run past them.

I was murdered pretty quickly the first time I encountered them. But, ever since
equipping a shield with high stability, and a refined straight sword +6 (best weapon for my play style) for quick successive hits, they no longer stood a chance
. I'd suggest
getting really close, blocking the first couple hits while strafing around (to the right usually), and once they stop swinging you'll be somewhere behind them to send them off. Once the sword connects once, they're down quickly in 4 hits or so
. For reference, my character has strength and dexterity at ~25, and endurance at ~22.

Nephtes

How do I deal with the
on the Undead Settlement? It's the first enemy so far that I feel I have no chance of killing.

Use the columns to your advantage. Roll around. When you see and opening, poke it and run away...

Conversely, roll pyromancer and burn it to death...

Zocano

The alt. music for firelink shrine is so good AAAAAAAAH

every game has has had a second home base song? Like when you kill 3 archdemon's in Demon's Souls

How do I deal with the
on the Undead Settlement? It's the first enemy so far that I feel I have no chance of killing. It's the only path I have left on this location, already explored everything else.

Stay close to it and behind it. Roll into its attacks. If you need to heal, put some columns between you. But don't stay in front of it or back away from it because it will destroy you relentlessly.

Those fucking
catacombs
are pissing me off. Between that ball who make a constant noise, these
ninja skeletons
who are way too fast (the lock is shit that doesn't help) and the area itself that is boring beyond belief...
Man, a fun night in perspective.

Nephtes

Fake illusionary wall messages everywhere, but the first time I find a real one there's no message at all.

Same.
at the top of Firelink Shrine by the Estus Shard there's an Illusory wall leading to a Silver Covetous Serpent ring... No messages. Fail.

Ogawa-san

How have you guys been leveling past lv60 or so?

Damage stats soft cap at 40 and VIG at 25. I'm rolling with a pure STR weapon so once I hit both and 15 DEX/END, I just started dumping points into VIT for no good reason. At lv100 I don't know what to do with souls other than buying gear I don't really need.

How do I deal with the

You can insta-kill it by making it fall down the elevator shaft

Cob32

Made it about 5 bosses in on my pyro and not really enjoying it. My str character who I completed the game with had it so much easier. I think I'm gonna roll a dex char instead.

Nazo

The Nameless King boss
fight is literally the worst boss fight in the whole game. Solely because the camera is utter dog shit. The first part of the fight wouldn't be so bad but the cameras perspective actually makes it incredibly hard to tell how far from the
Dragon
you are. I spent so much of the first phase whiffing attacks because I just couldn't tell how far from the boss I was. The second form is literally just some insane anime bullshit. He'll just dash across you and break lock-on (which is a problem with quite a few bosses in the game) and will get hit on you and there is nothing you can do about it. I also love how in both phases one hit takes off half my health, that's super cool.I'm so disappointed with this fight. Such cool music, atmosphere, and design. But one little problem makes it hot garbage. Not to mention being in one of the most annoying slog of an area. This has actually been the only boss so far that's given me this much trouble except maybe
Champion Grundyer

I'm sorry I really just had to vent.

Taruranto

This
Yoel
dude is conspicuous as fuck.

Kinda disapointing how much it borrows from Bloodborne in terms of Art Design. The area after second boss could easily pass for
Hemwick.

Nephtes

Get the key. 20k Souls is easy to get by helping others out in Co-op

Oh hey man... Your game photos of Dark Souls pop up in my feed all the time and I'm like "how does this guy have time to take all these pictures" and I'm also like, "Why do I not remember those areas being that photographic?"

You have a talent for videogame photography... Just saying...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Nameless King boss
fight is literally the worst boss fight in the whole game. Solely because the camera is utter dog shit. The first part of the fight wouldn't be so bad but the cameras perspective actually makes it incredibly hard to tell how far from the
Dragon
you are. I spent so much of the first phase whiffing attacks because I just couldn't tell how far from the boss I was. The second form is literally just some insane anime bullshit. He'll just dash across you and break lock-on (which is a problem with quite a few bosses in the game) and will get hit on you and there is nothing you can do about it. I also love how in both phases one hit takes off half my health, that's super cool.I'm so disappointed with this fight. Such cool music, atmosphere, and design. But one little problem makes it hot garbage. Not to mention being in one of the most annoying slog of an area. This has actually been the only boss so far that's given me this much trouble except maybe
Champion Grundyer

I'm sorry I really just had to vent.
Dunno if it's too late to help you, but don't lock-on on that fight. Like, make it work without. You'll do better.

Manu

Where I say there are
stealth set pieces
? : O Are you referring to the post I was replying to?

Something about
Ornstein and Smough and the archers. I didn't know they were in the game. Unless you just meant to post that in a DS1 thread or were talking about DS1 in which case I misread you post and I apologize, but the post had no context at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom