• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

skny

Seems like the difficulty varies from people to people. I only played the first half of the game and it is definitely waaay harder than DkS 1&2 for me.

Rurunaki

Switched from D
ark Blade
to M
urakumo
.. I think I will miss the bleed effect.. I've yet to dabble with the element infusing.. Will it reset the + on the weapons?

Can someone please explain to me the point of the storage box, if after using it to put stuff in it simply gives you everything back when you next use a bonfire?

Seems utterly pointless.

Aces&Eights

I cannot decide whether to run a dex assassin for the english version or maybe go strength this time. Strength always seems like scared rabbit mode. However, I had some issues in the swamp not hitting that hard with my dex character. Decisions....Hmmm...Hmmmmmmm

Can someone please explain to me the point of the storage box, if after using it to put stuff in it simply gives you everything back when you next use a bonfire?

Seems utterly pointless.

The storage box lets you hold items in it so you are not carrying them around in your inventory. They should not be placed back in your inventory just becuase you use a bonfire. When at a bonfire, you can toggle triangle to go between the storage box and your inventory.

Drencrom

Is it just me or is the game easier than previous titles?

I just reached F
arron
K
eep
at level 20 and I'm doing fine really without much trouble.

I've beaten all the bosses on my second try so far without any help, I'm not trying to brag or anything but I'm kinda getting a bit concerned if it's the game or I've just become so accustomed to Soulsborne games now.

Burt

Is the C
haos
B
lade
a good weapon to use? It has S scaling in dex but the moveset is pretty simple.

Yeah I dunno, it seemed okay, but I think my Refined Dark Blade does more damage (I'm 30 str/40 dex) with a better moveset and no self-damage. Doesn't seem particularly worth it unless you're full dex. Which would be another issue entirely, considering how shafted the dex weapon pool seems to be compared to the number and quality of str and dex/str weapons out there.

why didn't anyone tell me farron's scaled up to A in dex

I just reached F
arron
K
eep

I've beaten all the bosses on my second try so far without any help, I'm not trying to brag or anything but I'm kinda getting a bit concerned if it's the game or I've just become so accustomed to Soulsborne games now.

It's a slower start than most Dark Souls. It gets harder later imo. A lot of people share your sentiment after just playing the beginning.

Auctopus

It's a slower start than most Dark Souls. It gets harder later imo. A lot of people share your sentiment after just playing the beginning.

I really don't think it gets that challenging towards the end either. Only a couple truly challenging bosses and there's nobody frustrating (sort of).

Mandelbo

Personally, having beaten every boss (I think), it never took me more than four or five tries on any given fight and there were never really any roadblocks as such, but I don't think they're easy at all - I've played every souls game and while I'm not going to say I'm fantastic at them I certainly know them quite well, so I'm gonna echo the sentiments that they seem easy because a lot of us here are veterans. Even so, fights like C
hampion Gundyr
and S
oul of Cinder
were incredibly tense and kept me on my toes the entire time. I almost never felt that a boss was a complete pushover.

I was expecting N
ameless King
to be a little harder, though, after all I'd heard about him. Didn't have an awful lot of health.

I really don't think it gets that challenging towards the end either. Only a couple truly challenging bosses and there's nobody frustrating (sort of).

Different strokes, I suppose :/

Early on, I had little trouble, now after a ways into the game, it's felt substantially harder.

Jellie

I just reached F
arron
K
eep

Thought the same but once you get past the area after farron keep I think the difficulty goes up.
Yeah I dunno, it seemed okay, but I think my Refined Dark Blade does more damage (I'm 30 str/40 dex) with a better moveset and no self-damage. Doesn't seem particularly worth it unless you're full dex. Which would be another issue entirely, considering how shafted the dex weapon pool seems to be compared to the number and quality of str and dex/str weapons out there.

why didn't anyone tell me farron's scaled up to A in dex

I got it to +4 and it kills faster than my +5
Farrons Greastsword
and +10
Great Scythe
but I might just use it for boss fights/PvP because of the self damage.

Ferrio

Banned
Game has been an okay difficulty for me so far. Not using a shield though, just running around in light armor and 2handing a weapon.

Big Brett

I think it's a case of it being quite reasonably challenging mixed with the fact that I probably have about 1000+ hours in the entire series, but it's pretty fucking hard towards the end. The areas' normal enemies are more challenging than any I've faced in the Souls-verse.

Zeliard

I found something that made me gleeful last night. I was playing in I
rithyll
D
ungeon
and not only did I get the jailers' sweet cloak and mask, which are going to be hard to switch out for anything else, but also their brand.

What's neat about their brand? Its Weapon Art is a forward thrust with comically huge range that, wait for it, interrupts estus flask healing on the target. It's majestic in PvP. Nobody ever expects to be hit with that as they're running away, and it's stylish to boot.

I'm at what I assume is
Aldritch in Anor Londo.
and wow such a bleak and depressing atmosphere. Especially with
Giant Smith being dead
ID really like to know the story of how it got like this. But roughly how far along am I?

I just reached F
arron
K
eep

It feels decent, some of the mobs are more scary than the first couple of bosses. (I beat
Vordt
without taking any damage at all on my second try.)

I'm expecting it to ramp up soon since I'm not very far in though.

UberLevi

I'm at what I assume is
Aldritch in Anor Londo.
and wow such a bleak and depressing atmosphere. Especially with
Giant Smith being dead
ID really like to know the story of how it got like this. But roughly how far along am I?

I'm at the exact same part as we speak. Feels like we're probably nearing the transition from mid-game to late-game.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Took my time and I think that's me about done with the High Wall. Greyrat is back at the Shrine, my Claymore is at +2, Vordt is down and the only thing left to say is...when will one of these damn Knights drop a pair of damn boots! Their armour looks awesome. Want it. Literally had multiple drops of everything else (even the Crossbow, which they don't even use!) but no matter how long I farm them...can't get me a pair of boots :-(

Oh well, at least I'm getting better at fighting them.

Took my time and I think that's me about done with the High Wall. Greyrat is back at the Shrine, my Claymore is at +2, Vordt is down and the only thing left to say is...when will one of these damn Knights drop a pair of damn boots! Their armour looks awesome. Want it. Literally had multiple drops of everything else (even the Crossbow, which they don't even use!) but no matter how long I farm them...can't get me a pair of boots :-(

Oh well, at least I'm getting better at fighting them.

Do they also drop the claymores? I started Merc and I am getting tired of the axes weapon skill, the sweep looks much more useful than a short damage buff.

Burt

B
oreal
V
alley
invade/weapon question:

Alva didn't spawn to drop the murakamo my first time through. I've done pretty much everything up through Lothric castle, so will he not spawn now? Did I pass the trigger?

Mothman91

rithyll
D
ungeon
and not only did I get the jailers' sweet cloak and mask, which are going to be hard to switch out for anything else, but also their brand.

What's neat about their brand? Its Weapon Art is a forward thrust with comically huge range that, wait for it, interrupts estus flask healing on the target. It's majestic in PvP. Nobody ever expects to be hit with that as they're running away, and it's stylish to boot.

I got the key, where is the door to open it?

I cannot decide whether to run a dex assassin for the english version or maybe go strength this time. Strength always seems like scared rabbit mode. However, I had some issues in the swamp not hitting that hard with my dex character. Decisions....Hmmm...Hmmmmmmm

The storage box lets you hold items in it so you are not carrying them around in your inventory. They should not be placed back in your inventory just becuase you use a bonfire. When at a bonfire, you can toggle triangle to go between the storage box and your inventory.

Maybe you have "Auto-refill" ON for the items you're putting in.

Thanks, lol
Fuck me, I had Auto Re-fill on without knowing it, lol

My next question is, does the inventory not stack items?
I seem to have one tree branch and three others, all the exact same, yet in two piles, one of one and one of three.

Holy fucking shit, I can't freakin' believe how tough this REGULAR enemy is.
The dog on the bridge in the Boreal valley, like, damn From, what kind of sick joke is this?

Am I not getting something? Doing it wrong? Every time I want to block I'm done, can't seem to do anything.

Timeaisis

Guys, I was totally going to
heal Hollowing
but now I really want to
marry Anri
. Does this lead to like a bait and switch ending? It kind of feels like it will lol. Be vague.

Mandelbo

rithyll
D
ungeon

Is it just a drop from them or do you find it somewhere in the level? I want to try it out in an invasion now!

Rocketz

Beat the A
byss
W
atchers
today. It was the easiest boss yet for me. Took only 3 tries. But I liked it the most so far.

mxgt

Banned
erhjoiuerhjgeoirhgj

Finally beat P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
after 1 hour of attempts.

Best feeling i've had in a Souls game after O&S. I love this game.

Holy fucking shit, I can't freakin' believe how tough this REGULAR enemy is.
The dog on the bridge in the Boreal valley, like, damn From, what kind of sick joke is this?

Am I not getting something? Doing it wrong? Every time I want to block I'm done, can't seem to do anything.

Try to anticipate his attacks and dodge dodge-dodge-poke-dodge etc. ;) That's how I ended him on my first try.

erhjoiuerhjgeoirhgj

Finally beat P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
after 1 hour of attempts.

Best feeling i've had in a Souls game after O&S. I love this game.
I had my first encounter with him just now...had him down to 2 or 3 remaining hits but I got greedy in the end. This fight, though..wow! The music, the setting..it's unbelievably epic and beautiful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
rithyll
D
ungeon

image.php

Mandelbo

So I am a level 26 Knight,in the third area,Sacrifice, and I still havent found anything better then the starting Knight stuff...still wielding the longsword + 3 now,all the other weapon I find I cant use,the crossbow is completly useless,unless I am not using it right...?

Found the cleric set,the brigand set and the Fallen Knight set is worst then the starting set...I have 3 covenant things that I have no clue what they do and that Kiln or something also...starting to die a lot now and the vagueness of everything is getting on my nerves...having fun still but its starting to drag...guess I will use my free levels and see how it goes...

I have to say I just raged quit in Sacrifice because of
those 2 little fuckers in there and that crab is annoying also...

Maybe a calmer start later will help lol.

When it comes to armour I basically just wore what I thought looked cool. A couple of points in defense never usually makes a difference in these games anyway, and so long as you aren't above 70% equip load your evasion is never really compromised. There don't tend to be sets that are objectively better in every way.

Also read the descriptions for items you pick up. The Transposing Kiln tells you what to do with it in its description.

Beat all the bosses in the game after 30 hours of play. Now there's only two things left to do....Fashion Souls and PvP!

Executioner Helm, Leggings and Gauntlets are sexy as fuck IMO! Used the Knight armor chestpiece as it's thematically fitting!

SPWvK8s.png

Ricker

What's wrong with the spoiler tag...? not grabbing capitals or something lol ;)

So I bought a Talisman,just to have the small heal for my knight lol...I can only use it 3 times since my FP is low but it helps a bit in between fights.

Auctopus

Is the infusion trophy broken? I've got one of each kind and no trophy

Edit: no I haven't

Double edit: yes I have, think it's broken.

TheFlow

Banned

I just reached F
arron
K
eep

Lol you just got used to it. They aren't hard games. Especially with bonfires and home bones being numerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom