• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

I'm right before the final boss and just doing covenant stuff for now. Loved the game, any complaints I have are mostly minor. For me, this might be the best game in the series yet. I don't know if the game is easier than the others or I was just too experienced for there to be much challenge, but most of the bosses were easy for me. Only 2 of them took more than 3rd attempt, a lot I did on my first shot, and two I did without even being hit, lol. A lot of the sword arts are so damn cool.

Neoweee

I definitely felt this way. Lots of one and done bosses. Couldn't truly figure out if it's just my experience with Souls games or if it was actually easier.

There's definitely a bigger gradient in quality between the good builds and the bad builds.

I went with the type of build the last 3 (or even 4) games taught me were good, and did not find the game notably hard. A lot of the people *really* struggling are making some some mistakes with how they approach the game, like they're Dex, or Spells, or low Vigor, etc.

Vigor. Strength. Shield. It seems pretty systematic with people doing that type of build are having an easier time with the game.

I definitely felt this way. Lots of one and done bosses. Couldn't truly figure out if it's just my experience with Souls games or if it was actually easier.

I feel conflicted about this sentiment. I've found the bosses to be much easier than the previous Souls games. My worst experience was
The Dancer
, and it only took three tries. Every other boss has been the first try, or at most twice.

Inversely, I'm constantly destroyed by the standard enemies. I've found the normal mobs drastically more difficult than the previous games, and most of my deaths come from this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant be arsed with the last boss tonight, ill try again fresh tomorow

KingKong

There's definitely a bigger gradient in quality between the good builds and the bad builds.

I went with the type of build the last 3 (or even 4) games taught me were good, and did not find the game notably hard. A lot of the people *really* struggling are making some some mistakes with how they approach the game, like they're Dex, or Spells, or low Vigor, etc.

Vigor. Strength. Shield. It seems pretty systematic with people doing that type of build are having an easier time with the game.

Im not finding the shield to be super useful compared to dodging

ZangBa

Hmm, I don't know about that. I've been doing Dex, low Vigor and relying on dodging and it's been smoothsailing for me. I even stopped leveling after the 5th or 6th boss and used all my souls on buying unique items instead.

Neoweee

Unlike some other games, you can't take multiple hits in a row. But just having it up as you're circle strafing or circle-rolling, or using it to soak the last hit of an enemy combo while you're in rage to counter, just makes a bunch of fights not that hard.

Hmm, I don't know about that. I've been doing Dex, low Vigor and relying on dodging and it's been smoothsailing for me. I even stopped leveling after the 5th or 6th boss and used all my souls on buying unique items instead.

On your first playthrough? How far are you?

Odds are you'd be crushing the game as bad with a different build just as much if that's the case. And shields aren't mutually exclusive with dodging; even with a shield, I'd dodge or range 90+% of hits, but just pulling up the shield before you get hit is easy and a life saver.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I feel conflicted about this sentiment. I've found the bosses to be much easier than the previous Souls games. My worst experience was
The Dancer
, and it only took three tries. Every other boss has been the first try, or at most twice.

Inversely, I'm constantly destroyed by the standard enemies. I've found the normal mobs drastically more difficult than the previous games, and most of my deaths come from this.
I find only the bosses provide a challenge but even them are easily beat, while I actually struggling in DSII Remastered with even normal enemies.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I was using the shield pretty much all the time for the first half or so, but lately it's 2H style all the way.

Ferr986

Same. Enemies are more agresive this time.

I also get destroyed when I use a slower weapon , like a Claymore, because of that. So the DEX playstyle is suiting me better as for now.

I don't think this game is that much easier than the rest. It's more that bosses may be easier, but regular enemies harder.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I only tried the last both a couple of times but that phase two seems like its going to be a royal pain in the ass :/

p3n

Password system for co-op is broken right now? Took almost 30min to get going yesterday, worked within 5min once today and not working at all for the past 3 hours.

Tried resetting passwords, cross-region play, restriction, switching characters, dying and re-embering, un-hollowing, hollowing, relogging, restarting steam. 3 hours and NOTHING.

Auctopus

Ugh. People summoning 4 players for a boss makes it such a slog. 2 is enough for every boss, the health pool gets ridiculous if you push it past there.

ramyeon

For Sirris, you need to be summoned by her to continue her quest. It's weird. One of the NPC quests do require you to have them with you in a certain boss fight, and it's basically automatic. They just walk-in by themselves.
Sirris summoning you sounds interesting - I guess that kind of happened before with Lautrec in a different way. One sounds okay... Much better than DS2 where most of the NPC quests felt like they required you to summon them all the time.

krakov

I am probably totally wrong then - I read this on the wiki when looking up something else. I haven't done it myself!

Ah, would be cool if there were different places to use it though. There is a quite strong connection between the place you mentioned and the place I used it.

Where to go now? In the tombs, I just beat a
giant ass skull king in pitch dark. Also beat the Deacon gang in the church. Should I do the Dancer? I thought that was optional, but I don't know where to go anymore.

MicSte79

Neo Member
This is the best Dark Souls game. It's simply a joy to play, I am having such an enjoyable time with it.

Where the hell is the Dark Sword though? I have killed Dark Wraiths but they only drop cracked red eye orbs!

Ferr986

Where to go now? In the tombs, I just beat a
giant ass skull king in pitch dark. Also beat the Deacon gang in the church. Should I do the Dancer? I thought that was optional, but I don't know where to go anymore.

You have two separate areas to go there. One is straight after the boss.

Aces&Eights

Whelp. Time to say goodbye to my Japanese character. Big thanks to a Gaffer who sold me a ps4 code for such a good price. I am sooooo glad I stopped playing after
Abyss Watchers
to wait for the English version. Now, I can make it back to where I was, knowing what to do and not mess up any questlines. Plus be able to read item descriptions. Woot.

Lakitu

st5fu
So I'm loving the Butcher Knife but I'm not sure what to use next. The FUGS requires 50 strength and requires a shit ton of weight. What's a really good greatsword or sword that's as good as the Butcher Knife?

Menome

I got told I couldn't beat Dark Souls using an INT/DEX build. I did it.

I got told I couldn't beat Dark Souls II using a DEX/ADP build. I did it.

I got told I couldn't beat Bloodborne with a SKL/BLD build. I did it.

Fuck what people say. Play with the build you feel comfortable with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sure thing pal. Next thing we know you'll be saying "You're welcome."

Ricker

So I am a level 26 Knight,in the third area,Sacrifice, and I still havent found anything better then the starting Knight stuff...still wielding the longsword + 3 now,all the other weapon I find I cant use,the crossbow is completly useless,unless I am not using it right...?

Found the cleric set,the brigand set and the Fallen Knight set is worst then the starting set...I have 3 covenant things that I have no clue what they do and that Kiln or something also...starting to die a lot now and the vagueness of everything is getting on my nerves...having fun still but its starting to drag...guess I will use my free levels and see how it goes...

I have to say I just raged quit in Sacrifice because of
those 2 little fuckers in there and that crab is annoying also...

Maybe a calmer start later will help lol.

co1onel

I not really sure how the covenants work. I equipped the blade of the darkmoon covenant, but my spirit is still showing up as plain white and I'm also not getting summoned to help others out.

Ferr986

People who told that don't know wtf they're talking about or they don't even know in both games you could get the Chaos Blade early and destroy everything.

Bloodborne with BLT was a rough start too, but once you get the Chikage you're done with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom