• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what makes me mad?

People disconnecting when they lose their phantom and they just plug off the ethernet cable or something.

There a good place in game to farm embers? Is it even possible to farm embers?

I don't think so, until late game.

Just invade ppl. One of the reasons the invasions exists is for that reason alone.

Kalentan

So I've cleared out the entire Undead Settlement, I think. Where is the person I need to give the Blue Tearstone ring to?

Edit: Oh wait, nevermind. I found their
bones.

Menome

Heading to bed soon, so does anybody on PS4 around Level 40 want to help be an item-mule for 15-20 minutes and get themselves a free set of Y
uria of Londor
's armor & sword?

Even if it doesn't work properly, you still end up with the items, so it's a win-win.

So I'm in the Catherdal of the deep.
actually the first bonfire, in the chapel. Are there any shortcuts or bonfires in the area leading up to getting access to the cathedral? The only one I've found is the ladder you can kick down which brings you down to the swampy area. It just seems like this area is way to massive to not have a bonfire or a shortcut. It's a pain trying to explore it with the amount of enemies and no shortcut
You see those two big doors in the room with the bonfire. Those are the shortcuts.

I haven't finished the area, still going through it. These aren't found treasures, just drops from the mobs.

They're all drops from them. You can easily farm them from the bonfire w/ item discovery buffs if you want; I was lucky with those drops since I wasn't farming for them.

Their clothing looks so boss. Anyone who likes dark cloak sort of wear (like the gold-hemmed cloak from Dark Souls) should look into it, though the mask is a bit heavy at 5 units.

Haha yeah, here's what it looks like:

http://abload.de/img/darksoulsiii_2016_04_wrjp6.png

http://abload.de/img/darksoulsiii_2016_04_cysv6.png

Cloak physics work overtime on that thing.

If you press R2 while you're charging it increases the range even further. You'll hear a whoosh sound if you did it right.

Could you upload the item descriptions for those sets?

Apparently I'm
Hollow level 90
or something crazy like that after
accepting lots of free levels from Yoel
(?). What does this mean for me going forwards?
Am I going to start losing health each time I die
?

Got a question about ringing a certain bell:
will I actually miss out on anything? I got the ring, the torso stone, and the head stone from whatshisface, but there doesn't seem to be anything else to do in the area besides ring the bell. The messages around it make it sound like some terrible irreversible thing is going to happen if I touch it :(

Question about rolling in this game. What is the clear defined difference between fast/medium and "fat" roll? What are the equipment load requirements, and should I invest in vitality?

I have base vitality for a merc at the moment. Not sure if that's viable.

http://i.imgur.com/PIjh1zW.jpg?1

I honestly love how my character looks.

They only thing I would change is the sword clipping though the hat.

What chest piece is that?

Apparently I'm
Hollow level 90
or something crazy like that after
accepting lots of free levels from Yoel
(?). What does this mean for me going forwards?
Am I going to start losing health each time I die
?

You have 5 dark sigils in your key item inventory, every death will add 5 to the hollowing counter, I think until 15 you don't get the visual effect, is related to a sidequest, there should be a new NPC where Yoel was that sells purging stones, that will cure the hollowing.

As a side effects, none aside form the decayed look in your character, people speculates that affects online matchmaking as in, the more hollow the less you get automatic invasions..., but pure speculation.

krakov

It is a bit stupid how hard it is to punish someone that is running/rolling away. Remember once being part of a 3v3 that became a 3v1 but the host managed to roll around in circles summoning in new guys as the three of desperately tried to hit him.

I guess this was like day two since the Japan release but still, felt kind of hopeless.

Armaly

So how do I access the left tower in
Anor Londo? The blue mages have a locked door there. I'm already in Lothric castle, did I miss the key anywhere? I noticed that it has a bonfire so I know I can get there.

Got a question about ringing a certain bell:
will I actually miss out on anything? I got the ring, the torso stone, and the head stone from whatshisface, but there doesn't seem to be anything else to do in the area besides ring the bell. The messages around it make it sound like some terrible irreversible thing is going to happen if I touch it :(

You don't miss anything, a new path will be open and...well you'll see... :)

You have 5 dark sigils in your key item inventory, every death will add 5 5 to the hollowing counter, I think until 15 you don't get the visual effect, is related to a sidequest, there should be a new NPC where Yoel was that sells purging stones, that will cure the hollowing.

As a side effects, none aside form the decayed look in your character, people speculates that affects online matchmaking as in, the more hollow the less you get automatic invasions..., but pure speculation.

Awesome, thanks for responding to me.
I don't really mind the decayed look, so if there's no consequence to being Hollowed, I guess I just carry on as normal, right?

Wagram

Which boss are you referring to? There are definitely some challenging bosses after that point, especially in optional areas.

After
Yhorm
. Killed the
Dancer
and
Oceiros
like they were nothing. On
Champion Gundyr
now.

1edf8cdaab4f996c23f0cd4ec87c8594.png

What armor is this and how do I get it? :eek:

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Question about rolling in this game. What is the clear defined difference between fast/medium and "fat" roll? What are they equipment load requirements, and should I invest in vitality?

I think going over 70% gives you a fat roll. Probably just invest in Vitality if you want to roll fast, depending on what armour you want to wear.

I'm loving the purple covenant. I've begun to see its true power.
It's in a co-op mad phantom's best interests to help their host right up until they reach the gate, at which point killing them is the only option. Even in failure, they will be rewarded, so sticking with them and gaining souls along the way is a no brainer. So don't kill mad phantoms until the end! A smart one will gladly help you. Betraying them at a good time is also not a bad idea--they will understand, I think.
It's just a really cool concept for a covenant.

20k souls OBTAINED!

Question about rolling in this game. What is the clear defined difference between fast/medium and "fat" roll? What are they equipment load requirements, and should I invest in vitality?

Fat roll is >70%

Fast roll is <70%

Different is i-frames, fat gives less i-frames and slow roll, fast roll is faster and gives more i-frames per animation.

That's all, less equip weight load, increases roll distances and character movement speed.

Henkka

Banned
Woah this game is like... pretty fucking good. I wasn't that hyped, it just looked like more Souls and I was pretty burned by 2. But turns out it's basically the Greatest Hits of Souls, polished to a mirror sheen. Environments, level design, enemies, bosses... Everything I've played so far has been really great.

How does From do it??

norog

Past midway point with my dagger quick-stepping build but I also started playing with my bow since I had one by default as a thief and the number of enemies that you can just cheese with projectiles is absurd. Lots on such a tight leash that you just turn the corner or run through a doorway and they don't even know what to do -- reminds me of the werewolves in BB a little, just on a larger scale. Feels really broken and unfair to just sit in place and shoot an enemy's butt full of arrows... but also hilarious, and I can't stop.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i swear its impossible to be summoned under the watchdogs of farron lol

Big Brett

Jeez, this
Armour boss or whatever
seems kinda fucked lol. Not hard enough,
lets spit some fire on them.

Late game boss spoiler.

And you won't run out of spell charges in previous games? I don't see the exact problem. You can allocate more ash flasks for a reason.

In previous Souls you can buy another stash of the same spell to keep going trough the whole area easily, this time enemies are faster and dont give you time to cast anything. The caster will probably run out of mana way before the boss and enemies do stupid damage that dont allow you to relocate enough mana flask to keep going on spells alone.

Making a mana flask was a weird idea to keep the casters at bay because most of the enemies are glasscanon so being able to long range approach them would make the game looks bad because enemies AI is quite bad to react.

Mid game question in
Boreal Valley
, I ran past the
alligator miniboss to see what would happen and now it won't come back. is there a way to get it to come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom