• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Do they also drop the claymores? I started Merc and I am getting tired of the axes weapon skill, the sweep looks much more useful than a short damage buff.

Don't think they drop Claymores, no. They haven't for me anyway. There's one in the High Wall though, did you know about it?

They're excellent swords, I think. Lightning Claymore was one of my favourites in DaS 1.

UberLevi

I think I've hit my first brick wall with A
ldritch
. Sitting at 4 deaths, which is tied for the most along with H
igh King Wolnir

Ogawa-san

So I bought a Talisman,just to have the small heal for my knight lol...I can only use it 3 times since my FP is low but it helps a bit in between fights.
I did the same but after a while it wasn't worth using it at all. Without int/fth you can use all of your fp and it'll heal for less than one flask chug.

I can't get Bloodborne out of my muscle brain. Instead of backing up I actually keep hitting them to get HP back. I think it is my worst performance in a Souls game, even worse than Demon's Souls which was my first.

Sullichin

I found something that made me gleeful last night. I was playing in I
rithyll
D
ungeon
and not only did I get the jailers' sweet cloak and mask, which are going to be hard to switch out for anything else, but also their brand.

What's neat about their brand? Its Weapon Art is a forward thrust with comically huge range that, wait for it, interrupts estus flask healing on the target. It's majestic in PvP. Nobody ever expects to be hit with that as they're running away, and it's stylish to boot.
omg thaaat's what it does. awesome. might be my left hand choice.

justjim89

Where can I find an NPC that sells miracles? Also, how to I get into the cell with the woman over by the smug NPC and tower in Undead Settlement?

It's really stupid that you fall what must be 500 feet for the boss fight against the tree and take no damage, but a significantly shorter fall down a ravine you can see the floor of will kill you.

Just saw this pop up on the Dark Souls Twitter (if I'm late on this then OOPS)

Dark Souls III 1.04 Patch Notes

The 1.04 update for Dark Souls III will be deployed on all platforms at the following time. It won’t require any maintenance downtime:

PS4 - April 18th at 7pm PST
Xbox One – April 18th between 5-8pm PST
PC (listed as 1.03.1) – April 18th at 2am PSTC

The update will include the following changes:

・ Performance adjustment for “Greatsword”
・ Battle performance adjustment for “
Dancer’s Enchanted Sword
”, “
Winged Knight Twinaxes
”
・ Performance adjustment for “
Soul’s Greatsword
”, and “
Farron Flashsword
”
・ Fix for issue where multiple items become impossible to use at “
Road of Sacrifices
”, “
Farron Keep
”, “
Cathedral of the Deep
” after clearing the game.
・ General balance adjustments and bug fixes

For users on Xbox One, rest assured that the team is aware of the Regulations issue and working on it.

http://darksoulsgame.tumblr.com/post/142864709216/dark-souls-iii-104-update

Dimmle

Where can I find an NPC that sells miracles? Also, how to I get into the cell with the woman over by the smug NPC and tower in Undead Settlement?

It's really stupid that you fall what must be 500 feet for the boss fight against the tree and take no damage, but a significantly shorter fall down a ravine you can see the floor of will kill you.
Give some umbral ash to the shrine maiden and check her new inventory for an item of interest.

UberLevi

Beat A
ldritch
right after I made that post. Still sitting at 4 as my most numerous death count, tied with two bosses. I got
warped
to the
Dancer of the Boreal Valley bossfight
and noped out of there with a Homeward Bone as soon as possible. Wasn't about to lose my souls.

Haha I know what ravine you are talking about. Just died there tonight doing the exact same thing.

I think I found out how to get there, haven't actually done it so not sure.
There's a key sold in the Shrine to the sewer in US.

J-Rod

The second question will answer your first. As far as how to get to her:
You have to buy a key from the handmaiden. She will sell the key after giving her ashes that can be found around where the giant spears are being tossed. Once you have the key, go to the sewers with the giant rat. There is a locked door there. It will take you to through the ravine and eventually to the npc.

Zeliard

I got the key, where is the door to open it?

I haven't finished the area, still going through it. These aren't found treasures, just drops from the mobs.

Is it just a drop from them or do you find it somewhere in the level? I want to try it out in an invasion now!

They're all drops from them. You can easily farm them from the bonfire w/ item discovery buffs if you want; I was lucky with those drops since I wasn't farming for them.

Their clothing looks so boss. Anyone who likes dark cloak sort of wear (like the gold-hemmed cloak from Dark Souls) should look into it, though the mask is a bit heavy at 5 units.

image.php

Haha yeah, here's what it looks like:

http://abload.de/img/darksoulsiii_2016_04_wrjp6.png

http://abload.de/img/darksoulsiii_2016_04_cysv6.png

Cloak physics work overtime on that thing.

omg thaaat's what it does. awesome. might be my left hand choice.

If you press R2 while you're charging it increases the range even further. You'll hear a whoosh sound if you did it right.

Anri sidequest question:
Where is Anri? I defeated Wolnir and the Deacons. Went and defeated Horace in smoldering lake, but there was no Anri or corpse by Horace? I never found Anri in the catacombs.

JustinBB7

Can somebody PM me how far I am. Don't wanna read anything since I've been spoiler free so far. Just wanna roughly know where I am.

I just:

Beat the Dragonslayer Armour, I did a bunch of the optional/secret areas like the fire demon and the tutorial boss again. I think I'm around 17 bosses down now. But yea I just beat Dragonslayer Armour, feels like I'm near the end.

Thanks!

Awesome, I just found out that the firekeeper at F
irelink
S
hrine
reacts to your gestures like the doll in Bloodborne.

I'm probably one of the last to discover this, right?

Think I just reached the last boss by the looks of it. Question for one of the very last areas G
rand archives. From the bonfire there's another elevator to the right. How do I activate it? I have the mini shortcut behind the bookcase but haven't managed to open the locked elevator which I assume is the better shortcut to the boss.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im getting pissed off with invading people and they pussy out into a boss fight,

who had from decide to make that change because its bullshit

Mandelbo

So... this game is basically a more direct sequel to Dark Souls I and not Dark Souls II? I assumed it's before Dark Souls II considering a bunch of old places that exist in Dark Souls are still kicking around in this game. Don't say anything if it gives away a major plot point.

It certainly draws more from Dark Souls 1 than it does Dark Souls 2, not that it dismisses it entirely. But it's definitely set after Dark Souls 2.

J-Skee

I really want to infuse my weapons, but I feel like gems are scarce in this game, & it's not like Bloodborne where you can freely move gems around. Even though there are tons of weapons in the game, it makes me only want to focus on two or three.

twisteh

Just beat
Deacons of the Deep
first try easily, which was a relief after my 50 odd tries against
Abyss Watchers
:p glad that was an easier boss.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat
Deacons of the Deep
first try easily, which was a relief after my 50 odd tries against
Abyss Watchers
:p glad that was an easier boss.

Honestly it didn't even feel like a boss, I really was expecting a phase 2. The tutorial boss was far harder (he wasn't hard).

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, I just found out that the firekeeper at F
irelink
S
hrine
reacts to your gestures like the doll in Bloodborne.

I'm probably one of the last to discover this, right?

I just discovered this tonight :)

MicSte79

Neo Member
im getting pissed off with invading people and they pussy out into a boss fight,

It's their choice to fight the boss instead - most people are trying to stay embered and beat the bosses.

I find invaders quite tiresome to be honest - only downside of the Souls games IMO.

G_Berry

Banned
Beat all the bosses in the game after 30 hours of play. Now there's only two things left to do....Fashion Souls and PvP!

Executioner Helm, Leggings and Gauntlets are sexy as fuck IMO! Used the Knight armor chestpiece as it's thematically fitting!

SPWvK8s.png
Jesus 30 hours. I'm still in the irithyll dungeon at 38 hours lol.

Zeliard

It's their choice to fight the boss instead - most people are trying to stay embered and beat the bosses.

I find invaders quite tiresome to be honest - only downside of the Souls games IMO.

Way of Blue is far more effective than in previous games though. It's why a lot of invaders are complaining about mismatches, because typically when you invade it's at least going to be a 1v2 against you, if not 1v3.

Got all 30 Farron Covenant items.

Next Blue boys items.

Just had my first PC hacker experience, infinite stamina and instant HP regeneration.

That was fast.

Korosenai

95% of pvp I've done consist of 2+ people, all camping in a safe location, and they literally sit there until I initiate or until I leave with the black seperation crystal. It's just not fun, I've had maybe 2 1v1 honor duels and my longest match was 30 minutes.

Got all 30 Farron Covenant items.

Next Blue boys items.
What level are you and what area did you sit in to get summoned? The game will not summon me at all to another persons world.

rdytoroll

Holy shit. This has to be the coolest boss fight I have ever seen: Ki
ng of the Sto
rm. The camera is fucking me over though

Edit: Wait what, oh fuck this

Longswords are so OP in online play. Giant hitboxes and fast animation.

I'm amazed and how fast the 2 handed moveset are, like...WTF.

95% of pvp I've done consist of 2+ people, all camping in a safe location, and they literally sit there until I initiate or until I leave with the black seperation crystal. It's just not fun, I've had maybe 2 1v1 honor duels.

What level are you and what area did you sit in to get summoned? The game will not summon me at all to another persons world.

Level 28

+3 weapon.

Road of Sacrifices

So I'm in the Catherdal of the deep.
actually the first bonfire, in the chapel. Are there any shortcuts or bonfires in the area leading up to getting access to the cathedral? The only one I've found is the ladder you can kick down which brings you down to the swampy area. It just seems like this area is way to massive to not have a bonfire or a shortcut. It's a pain trying to explore it with the amount of enemies and no shortcut

twisteh

Honestly it didn't even feel like a boss, I really was expecting a phase 2. The tutorial boss was far harder (he wasn't hard).

Yeah I struggled in with half of my estus flasks missing, just to see the boss so I could get an idea for the attempt after. But half way through the fight I was like...'shit I could actually just beat him now' hahaha

Ferr986

So I'm in the Catherdal of the deep.
actually the first bonfire, in the chapel. Are there any shortcuts or bonfires in the area leading up to getting access to the cathedral? The only one I've found is the ladder you can kick down which brings you down to the swampy area. It just seems like this area is way to massive to not have a bonfire or a shortcut. It's a pain trying to explore it with the amount of enemies and no shortcut

Theres a lot of shortcuts on that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom