• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

Ok I made it past mr skeltal, and I said goddamn.
Irithil of the boreal
valley looks pretty.

On the other hand...is this supposed to be
Eleum Loyce?

OK.

(Cold area boss)

Is there something I am missing with the
Pontiff
?

I can barely
damage him before a combo of his destoys me. I'm using a Zweihander and he doesn't even flinch. I'm not mad, I'm just kinda at a loss for words right now.

Takashi

I just arrived at I
rithyl
and it's just gorgeous. And I've liked how almost every location so far you're able to see
the High Wall

i swear its impossible to be summoned under the watchdogs of farron lol

Funny, I've been getting summoned constantly as soon as I got it. Blue Sentinels though only happened like once for me.

Has anyone have trouble with other player characters not animating when you're invading? Like they just float around frozen in their standing pose, they can still fight you, you just no idea what they're doing. It was kind of hilarious it first, but now it's a big fucking bummer because this has happened to me on every invasion attempt but one.

Thankfully, this doesn't happen if I'm invaded, just if I'm the invader.

Here's the bug in action.

06xjztf.gif

Last night I spent pretty much my entire time in U
ndea
d S
ettlemen
t. I died to the big
tree
boss several times, tried some co-op battles against it and failed, and finally beat it on my own a couple tries later. After that I couldn't figure out where to go so I just fought my way around the map. I still hate those fat witch ladies with their huge maces. After a while I figured out how the trick
elevator
worked (took me longer than I care to admit), and got absolutely PUMMELED by that bastard V
ord
t of the B
orea
l Valley. I think it took me over 5 tries to bring him down. And with that sweet victory under my belt, I decided to call it a night.

The katana is still my favorite weapon. I spent all my little shards on it so it's +3 now. I've found that I prefer weapons that have a good balance of speed and power. I want to use one of those badass slow weapons but my timing isn't good enough, especially when there's fast enemies like dogs to worry about.

Has anyone have trouble with other player characters not animating when you're invading? Like they just float around frozen in their standing pose, they can still fight you, you just no idea what they're doing. It was kind of hilarious it first, but now it's a big fucking bummer because this has happened to me on every invasion attempt but one.

Yes, happened to me a couple of times.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I just arrived at I
rithyl
and it's just gorgeous. And I've liked how almost every location so far you're able to see
the High Wall

Funny, I've been getting summoned constantly as soon as I got it. Blue Sentinels though only happened like once for me.

any specific area

Takashi

It's happened to me a few times. I was helping people fight bosses and on one occasion the host was gliding around. Somehow it glitched the boss fight because on my screen the boss just stood still without attacking while I whaled on it. Apparently, the host said that on his screen I was the one gliding around and I was invincible to the boss' attacks. Thought that was pretty funny.

any specific area

A lot in the swamp. I've even been summoned while in the
Catacombs
too.

I've somehow managed to completely miss the
Crystal Sage
, along with the
Cathedral of the Deep
. I had made it all the way to
Irthyll of the Boreal Valley
, and then realized i needed some doll. I have also completely missed the
Smoldering Lake

OK.

(Cold area boss)

Is there something I am missing with the
Pontiff
?

I can barely
damage him before a combo of his destoys me. I'm using a Zweihander and he doesn't even flinch. I'm not mad, I'm just kinda at a loss for words right now.

Disregard. I was playing stupid.

Hint to others:
Stop holding your shield up the whole time. Drop your guard in between hits.

Holy goddamn that enemy, after
catacombs
, on the
bridge to ice city

Damnit that demon-gaping-dragon-dog-thing has a nasty bite. I died like 30 times to it, but finally got it down. I put some defense/dodge boosting rings on, two-handed my claymore and dodged like a madman. Dodged under, towards him. That was the key I think. I swear I have seen that thing somewhere, in another game or... hmm.

I'm praying that this is a one time occurrence and will never happen again. I don't know if I could handle it if these enemies became common.

Kalentan

Wow, I just died cause one of the big lady enemies weapon, clipped through a wall and hit me and I fell off a catwalk and died.

One of the few instances I can honestly call bullshit. I didn't die cause I was playing bad, but cause the enemy ignored the rules of the game...

Mandelbo

Holy goddamn that enemy, after
catacombs
, on the
bridge to ice city

Damnit that demon-gaping-dragon-dog-thing has a nasty bite. I died like 30 times to it, but finally got it down. I put some defense/dodge boosting rings on, two-handed my claymore and dodged like a madman. Dodged under, towards him. That was the key I think.

I'm praying that this is a one time occurrence and will never happen again. I don't know if I could handle it if these enemies became common.

They aren't regular enemies, but it's also not the last you'll see of them!

eot

Banned
Just killed the second boss and I'm using that stupid battle axe. I can tell it's a cookie cutter weapon so I'm reluctant to upgrade it, but at the same time it's by far the best weapon I've got. Doesn't weigh much, attacks super fast, staggers well so you can stunlock enemies etc. I wanted to use the Claymore, but it's so much heavier and slower, and I don't feel the extra range makes much of difference. Plus I'd have to pour all my mats into it just to get the damage to be comparable (if it even would be). Can you buy unlimited shards later?

Ok thanks alot, so I guess i just postpone. But does postponing interfere with
leonhard's
questline??

hmm, I don't think so.

Completed Leonhard's questline after finishing the main game, but I did missed Sirris's one, so maybe they clash somehow, my understanding is that they do not, but you might want to check it, since I can't give you a 100% certain answer.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I just died cause one of the big lady enemies weapon, clipped through a wall and hit me and I fell off a catwalk and died.

One of the few instances I can honestly call bullshit. I didn't die cause I was playing bad, but cause the enemy ignored the rules of the game...
Those fatties are so full of fucking shit.

She can't be stunned like other enemies, the range on her hammer is bull-fucking shit and she takes a step when she attacks AND she swings so you can't just move to the left or right AND she swings twice AND she has a bullshit tracking range attack and a high damage close hug attack that you can't stun her out of too.
She needs a fucking nerf.

Brohan

hmm, I don't think so.

Completed Leonhard's questline after finishing the main game, but I did missed Sirris's one, so maybe they clash somehow, my understanding is that they do not, but you might want to check it, since I can't give you a 100% certain answer.

I think it's fine as long as
Sirris's
questline ends before
Yhorm

So maybe u can tell me if that's the case?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

I had this happen to an entire party once, there was me and at least 3 other people fighting a boss. Weirder still, the boss was frozen the entire time and just stood in his initial pose until we obliterated him. Frame-rate was probably about 10 FPS the entire time too.

Nexas

So what the fuck is up with the
Those dudes that drain your health in the Irithyll Dungeon?
Up to this point the game has been tough, but fair. These guys on the other hand are just the fucking bullshit.

Just killed the second boss and I'm using that stupid battle axe. I can tell it's a cookie cutter weapon so I'm reluctant to upgrade it, but at the same time it's by far the best weapon I've got. Doesn't weigh much, attacks super fast, staggers well so you can stunlock enemies etc. I wanted to use the Claymore, but it's so much heavier and slower, and I don't feel the extra range makes much of difference. Plus I'd have to pour all my mats into it just to get the damage to be comparable (if it even would be). Can you buy unlimited shards later?

There's a deep battle axe from killing the mimic, he's right under the dragon.

Hikami

Some more blue sentinel shenanigans. Got summoned into a host that had 2 sunbros and 2 invaders.
Killed one, another invader came in and then a mad phantom invaded. They all got wrecked of course since the invaders were spread out but we were all together.
God I love this covenant. At 18 of the covenant item now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom