• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of game completion and ignoring optional stuff, how far into the game is I
rithyll
of the B
oreal Valley
?

I don't want this ride to end.

blackw0lf

Just killed the second boss and I'm using that stupid battle axe. I can tell it's a cookie cutter weapon so I'm reluctant to upgrade it, but at the same time it's by far the best weapon I've got. Doesn't weigh much, attacks super fast, staggers well so you can stunlock enemies etc. I wanted to use the Claymore, but it's so much heavier and slower, and I don't feel the extra range makes much of difference. Plus I'd have to pour all my mats into it just to get the damage to be comparable (if it even would be). Can you buy unlimited shards later?

Yes. Umbral Ash can be found in
Farrron's Keep, behind an illusory wall

Mandelbo

Just killed the second boss and I'm using that stupid battle axe. I can tell it's a cookie cutter weapon so I'm reluctant to upgrade it, but at the same time it's by far the best weapon I've got. Doesn't weigh much, attacks super fast, staggers well so you can stunlock enemies etc. I wanted to use the Claymore, but it's so much heavier and slower, and I don't feel the extra range makes much of difference. Plus I'd have to pour all my mats into it just to get the damage to be comparable (if it even would be). Can you buy unlimited shards later?

I was never able to buy unlimited regular titantite shards (got large and chunks though), but after a point it starts dropping so frequently that you won't need to.

Also just noticed you're using the deep axe - the claymore will almost assuredly end up better than it because it damage isn't split between phys and dark and it actually has scaling.

p3n

End-endgame spoilers. DO NOT CLICK EVEN IF YOU FINISHED NG+6!

Hiding in the woods while seeded, fingered, and using way of the blue. Have almost constant invasions with 2-4 people in your game, killing each other. They have been doing this for HOURS now while I sneak around killing the lonely invaders. 2.5 million souls and counting... I just need to find open spots to actually sit at the bonfire from time to time to respawn all the enemies.

I LOVE DARK SOULS 3 PVP!

Just beat the game, first Souls game I ever managed to complete, and it was fantastic. Now to go through a NG+ or go back and beat one of the other Souls games...

Quick question on how far in i am

I just got through
the dungeon place with the hot iron brand bitches. Beat a stone demon thing and found a new bonfire. Im guessing maybe half? I still have 3 lords of cinder to find and kill i think.

Also on bosses so far:
I found
the first 5 super easy. Were fun so its fine but i guess im just really used to the soulsborne formula now. Abbyss watchers took 5 attempts so that was a little more challenging but still was close to winning most those fights. Then i took the giant skelly boss down on second go. I know a boss that will wreck me is comming, just dont know when.

Quick question on how far in i am

I just got through
the dungeon place with the hot iron brand bitches. Beat a stone demon thing and found a new bonfire. Im guessing maybe half? I still have 3 lords of cinder to find and kill i think.

Also on bosses so far:
I found
the first 5 super easy. Were fun so its fine but i guess im just really used to the soulsborne formula now. Abbyss watchers took 5 attempts so that was a little more challenging but still was close to winning most those fights. Then i took the giant skelly boss down on second go. I know a boss that will wreck me is comming, just dont know when.

It'll probably be the next two.

Nexas

What is unfair about them?

They drain your health, and reduce the size of your health bar just by being near them. Its one thing if an enemy can one-shot me if I can still kill it by playing smart. These guys will always take off at least a 1/3 of my health even if I play perfectly.

UberLevi

Holy mother of Christ, that fight against the D
ancer of the Boreal Valley
took every ounce of gud I had to not die. After getting my ass kicked twice, I decided to play it slow and probably spent 10 minutes playing passively in the second form just waiting for a specific move to come out that I could punish. Had about 5% health left when I struck the finishing blow. Really intense stuff.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
took every ounce of gud I had to not die. After getting my ass kicked twice, I decided to play it slow and probably spent 10 minutes playing passively in the second form just waiting for a specific move to come out that I could punish. Had about 5% health left when I struck the finishing blow. Really intense stuff.
I hate the fuck out of the regular version of the enemy.

The fatso cleric is doable but hard. Those dancers give me ulcers. Fast. Unlimited stamina. Tracking spell. Combos sweeping attacks. They're fucking bullshit!

I think I found a possible cause for my invasion animation woes.

On my Steam copy, the title screen says Regulation Version 1.03, though according to the patch notes, it's supposed to be Regulation Version 1.04. Is that the same for everyone with the PC version, or just me?

If that's so, how the hell do I fix it?

So why is the rapier such an awesome weapon? I can out-stab anybody! Even dagger people, since I have better range.

It's been great how I've fallen in love with different weapons in each Souls game. DS1 - Club; DS2 - Katana/whip combo; DS3 - Rapier. So good.
I think I found a possible cause for my invasion animation woes.

On my Steam copy, the title screen says Regulation Version 1.03, though according to the patch notes, it's supposed to be Regulation Version 1.04. Is that the same for everyone with the PC version, or just me?

If that's so, how the hell do I fix it?

The info says 1.04 is releasing Monday. Everyone is on 1.03.

I think the ice skating is just lag. I've had periods where bloodstains and phantoms are all broken, and other periods where it works just fine.

Should I level up my Vitality so I can equip the full Lothric Knight armor set? It looks so cool and has some decent stats to it. I'm currently going for a quality build.

Man, game just crashed. Lucky I wasn't doing anything important.

Anybody else feel bad
killing that pregnant hollow dog and it's mate
in the small little secret area in the first part of R
oad
of S
acrifices
? I thought it looked weird, then got a closer look at the model and was like "...oh..."

Anyways, this ice skating un-animated bullshit is SUPER annoying. 9 out of 10 people I co op with are like this which means I never take any damage and the animations for the bosses never play out which makes C
urse-rotten
G
reatwood
impossible to kill in it's second form cause I can't see shit.

Hikami

Haha holy shit, I pulled off a katana stance parry twice in a row against an invader. That feels so good. Wish I was recording that.

b7m214x.jpg

6uw38Yc.jpg

Alucrid

Banned

yeah i died twice here too. i need to git gud too. gonna make a new estoc, dunno if it should be bleed or lightning though

There are no mandatory summons for NPC quests this time around are there? It doesn't seem like it since stuff is happening with NPCs despite me not summoning. That said...
Sirris suggested I summon her if I see her sign :/
I really prefer not summoning help for bosses first time around.

Every encounter is completely solo-able. I did this before servers were available for the Xbox One version.

This is my first Souls game and I do not feel like the bosses in this game are very good.

Not good as in they are too easy? The designs stink? Too hard?

Ha ha ha holy shit you piece of garbage game, it has now crashed twice in the same fucking spot due to frames dying when I fucking turn around on the second RoS bonfire.

It wasn't bugging me before but oh my god

Managed to take down the N
ameless
K
ing
after a few more tries.
I like rain and clouds, so the boss arena was really awesome. I was a little disappointed that I killed the king himself on the second time I hit that phase though. It was just roll+roll(+roll sometimes) and whack a couple times. Then again, I guess you could say that about most bosses/enemies... But he does get some extra coolness points for having an actual lightning strike attack.

dmr87

Holy fucking shit, I can't freakin' believe how tough this REGULAR enemy is.
The dog on the bridge in the Boreal valley, like, damn From, what kind of sick joke is this?

Am I not getting something? Doing it wrong? Every time I want to block I'm done, can't seem to do anything.

I died like 3 times or so, didn't do anything special other than dodging and attacking.

MUnited83

For you.
End-endgame spoilers. DO NOT CLICK EVEN IF YOU FINISHED NG+6!

Hiding in the woods while seeded, fingered, and using way of the blue. Have almost constant invasions with 2-4 people in your game, killing each other. They have been doing this for HOURS now while I sneak around killing the lonely invaders. 2.5 million souls and counting... I just need to find open spots to actually sit at the bonfire from time to time to respawn all the enemies.

I LOVE DARK SOULS 3 PVP!

Sitting next to a tree while having the grass crest shield equipped is the best camouflage lol

And I think I'm finished with my first run now.

[Endgame/post game spoilers]

I must've jammed out on Nameless King because I just about got through that phase of the fight on the first attempt, mainly because Gundyr's Halberd caused stagger on him twice for punishment time, so that was nice.
Especially as the Storm King phase beat me down a few times, in fact the first of which involved me walking in thinking "cooooool" at the whole scenario and then just getting one shotted immediately which was kinda funny.
Loved both phases of the fight in general though, a great way to finish my run and the area itself was one of my favourites.
I liked how the dragon boss was like a set piece, there's been more than enough humanoid foes between this entry, DS2 and bloodborne for me to appreciate the more diverse boss encounters.

Champion Gundyr was the boss that kicked the crap out of me the most, he has my respect, heck that's why I went for his halberd in the first place.

I'm already hankering to get file 2 underway and use my beloved Great Scythe this time around.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The last few co-op phantoms I summoned (on pc) all had no animation whatsoever and just skated/floated around the area. What's the cause of this? Bad connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom