• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mman235

The fuck do you beat the giant god damned worm? This is some bullshit even for a Souls game.

Just attack it from behind (the fog gate side); it only ever seems to attack the other way so it's completely harmless (it's easiest to wait for it to shoot lightning).

GorillaJu

The fuck do you beat the giant god damned worm? This is some bullshit even for a Souls game.

Get behind it toward the boss fog door. It won't aim any attacks at you there. I just use the ballista by standing close to where the worm is and rolling away from the ballista bolts. They'll hit the worm and do like 350 dmg each.

Last night I organized a fight club for roughly 2 hours lol. We had one person try to start trouble, but they were quickly dealt with. It was like gladiator fights.

Image spoiler tagged just in case (click on the box)

Purple phantoms seem like they are really good for organizing fight clubs, just have everybody that wants to participate drop a purple sign for the host and they'll be able to fight each other just fine.

Jamiaro

You mean the one in
Smoldering lake? There are these huge arrows flying there, you can try to position yourself in a way that the arrows hit the worm.

GorillaJu

I beat the insanely
easy Cathedral of the Deep boss
but now got noidea were to go. Paths all lead back to the front of the
Church and I cannot see any other paths
.. Any hints?

Go back out to the marsh area with the giant crabs and go to the opposite side of the zone. There is an exit there that will progress you into the next zone and the next boss.

NEO0MJ

Get behind it toward the boss fog door. It won't aim any attacks at you there. I just use the ballista by standing close to where the worm is and rolling away from the ballista bolts. They'll hit the worm and do like 350 dmg each.

That how I beat it. Stood behind it and just rolled away whenever a bolt was near.

Thanks iRAWRasaurus & UmbraeCruxis, playing in offline mode, so I am enjoying exploring but after 2 hours of walking in circles and exploring every inch in the church I turned it off.

BeeDog

What's the best tactic to fight those (medium enemy spoiler)
crawling knights that cause frostbite
? I can't for the life of me figure out its move-set.

Lakitu

st5fu
Is there any way to turn PVP invasions off and keep NPC invasions on? I don't mind a few but I'd rather do PVP another time for now.

myco666

you're twisting my words...I said if the game is too difficult for someone then maybe they should move on to another game which suits their style better...that's like trying to play a sport but sucking at it...eventually you might want to move on to another sport that you're better at...same with anything in life...

How am I twisting your word when you wrote "if a person can't beat the game solo then maybe the game isn't for them and they should try playing something which suits them better"? To me this sounds exactly that if you are not good then go play something else. And some people get lot of enjoyment out of coop instead of banging their head against the wall.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
End-Game question:

Can I continue after the Soul of Cinder? Or is it instant NG+

yes. I just did quite a bit of farming for upgrades, and also when and searched all the slabs I missed (and found another estus shard too). Im actually going to leave it at NG for the DLC I think

Nameless

Right, I have tried The Abyss Watchers 30 times now. I'm giving up, this boss is absolutely ridiculous and I can't beat it. I just don't have the skill. First phase is fine but the second is completely impossible. He closes the distance in a nanosecond and his attack range is the length of a motorway. I have gotten to this part 10 times and have only hit him twice, on both of those occasions he killed me straight away.

If I block him my stamina goes immediately and then he kills me
If I try to roll around him he uses a sweeping attack and then he kills me
If I try to use my flask he uses the opportunity to close the distance and then he kills me

I spent 3 grand on a TV last year, and I was dangerously close to putting my foot thru it. I tried. I'm not good enough for this game.

Fuck this game
Fuck Miyazaki
Fuck FROM
Fuck Sony
Fuck everyone
Fuck you
Fuck me
and Fuck Konami as well I suppose.

Maybe I got lucky with these guys because two kept each other busy long enough for me to take one down to a smidgen of health. Once they began attacking in numbers it wasn't hard to quickly finish off the wounded one and use their wide attacks and the large play space to divide and conquer. With the final form I just stayed aggressive...Rolled around & block stepped within striking distance and punished the fucker every time there was opening.

What weapon are you using?

Nerokis

OMG, this game is so good.

I have one question. Should I be using the
pilgrim NPC
for that thing he can do? Is there a significant downside? I feel there has to be a downside. I have been putting it off for the last ~6 hours or so.

Wow
Old Demon King
is hard as melee.

Edit: Just kidding, killed him on the next try. Thanks, GAF.

The one in
Smouldering Ash? if you run past it and hide behind a wall, the ballista ammo will kill it.

Rizzi

My favourite kind of boss fight is the one where the camera doesn't stay locked on to the enemy. That's always the best kind.

Brohan

Hate it when people disconnect themselves because they got invaded. Really a waste of time for the invader.

Wish the game would just give the rewards if that happens.

Dancer is probably one of my favorite souls bosses and one of the few I'll defeat solo in this game to prove I have some dignity. Almost one shorted it and the soundtrack is great.
I guess this means
I'm approaching end game
so what else is there to do? I've killed
Old Demon king
but is there anything worth while in the area to do? Also how do I get to
Dragon peak
and any other hidden areas?

dealer-

OMG, this game is so good.

I have one question. Should I be using the
pilgrim NPC
for that thing he can do? Is there a significant downside? I feel there has to be a downside. I have been putting it off for the last ~6 hours or so.

Nope you should do it if you want access to another NPC. It might be too late already.

web01

I wonder how many people realise kicking (forward + r1) enemies who are shielding allows a critical attack the same as parrying. Makes some tough enemies alot easier.

What's the best tactic to fight those (medium enemy spoiler)
crawling knights that cause frostbite
? I can't for the life of me figure out its move-set.

This one? My take on him.

xT1XGDmPb9vozaHKN2.gif

Nerokis

Nope you should do it if you want access to another NPC. It might be too late already.

Damn. This is what happens when you're traumatized by previous Miyazaki games. It took me a little bit to tell the handmaiden
where I found the paladin's ashes
, and I'm still waiting for the negative consequences to kick in. Haha.

Plum

Repeating for a new page.

I've just got the Greatsword and I was wondering whether I should use Raw or Heavy. If I get Raw to +10 would it matter that there won't be any STR scaling?

I don't really want to put any more points into STR.

Zeliard

Hate it when people disconnect themselves because they got invaded. Really a waste of time for the invader.

Wish the game would just give the rewards if that happens.

Honestly, every time that happens I actually feel bad for the host. Not out to ruin anyone's game. :p People who disconnect because they have a sliver of health left in a duel, that's another matter.

One time I invaded someone and caught up with him on the way to a boss door, and he just did the pointing emote towards it. He clearly wanted to just go fight the boss so I waved and dipped out.

On that note, trying to read another player's motivations solely through gestures and general body language continues to be one of the coolest things about the series.

Mandelbo

I wonder how many people realise kicking (forward + r1) enemies who are shielding allows a critical attack the same as parrying. Makes some tough enemies alot easier.

A lot of people I've invaded don't seem to know the kick exists - strangely satisfying killing them with a guard break when they think they're completely safe >:)

Jintor

Onion questions.

I left Siegfried down a well a while ago, will he still be there? I had no idea what he wanted.

I've probably gone and killed him, the poor sod

Also, I FINALLY made it through that fucking dungeon. Christ. I hate jailers, basically ran past that last part. That was hell.

dealer-

Damn. This is what happens when you're traumatized by previous Miyazaki games. It took me a little bit to tell the handmaiden
where I found the paladin's ashes
, and I'm still waiting for the negative consequences to kick in. Haha.

Spoiler if you want to know what to do
Level up five times with Yoel before the Catacombs

Lakitu

st5fu
Holy fuck I
rithyll
enemy spoilers... the two
dog like enemies in the water just after Pontiff are wrecking my shit
. Any tips? There seems to be an NPC or something there.

Brohan

Honestly, every time that happens I actually feel bad for the host. Not out to ruin anyone's game. :p People who disconnect because they have a sliver of health left in a duel, that's another matter.

One time I invaded someone and caught up with him on the way to a boss door, and he just did the pointing emote towards it. He clearly wanted to just go fight the boss so I waved and dipped out.

On that note, trying to read another player's motivations solely through gestures and general body language continues to be one of the coolest things about the series.

This happens too but Yeah I think if people don't want to be invaded then they should play offline. And ofcourse if people are right in front of the boss you can be nice and Let them go but otherwise it's fair game.

And Yeah I love communicating through emotes.

Zocano

Holy fuck I
rithyll
enemy spoilers... the two
dog like enemies in the water just after Pontiff are wrecking my shit
. Any tips? There seems to be an NPC or something there.

Stay back, use a bow, aggro only the one in view; makes it manageable instead of garbage.

Raphael

So is that P
ontiff
boss the harderest in the game or the game just got real now? I have been melting bosses easy (CS went down in like 10 seconds lol) with my raw and now sharp estoc, no shield used at all through the game. But this guy is just another level. I got 1/3rd of him down and when I thought I'm starting to get the hang of it, the second phase kicked in and I said nope.

Thankfully seems I missed a location (
lake
) but even a bit leveled up, and probably one more +1 in my weapon it won't be much easier.

I just gave
Dreamcatcher ashes
to the woman who sells items in Firelink Shrine. She then
started talking about how shitty the ashes were, and asked where I found them. I have the option of telling her or saying nothing. Anybody know the outcomes for each option
?

I just gave
Dreamcatcher ashes
to the woman who sells items in Firelink Shrine. She then
started talking about how shitty the ashes were, and asked where I found them. I have the option of telling her or saying nothing. Anybody know the outcomes for each option
?
I told her and now she sells titanite shards. Not sure what happens the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom