• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
If an enemy drops an item and you rest at a bonfire before getting it, do you lose the drop?
i killed one of the Giants in the Catherdal and I thought it dropped something but now I can't find it again. They don't respawn
(early game)

If an enemy drops an item and you rest at a bonfire before getting it, do you lose the drop?
i killed one of the Giants in the Catherdal and I thought it dropped something but now I can't find it again. They don't respawn
(early game)

Yes, it wasn't anything special though.

Onion questions.

I left Siegfried down a well a while ago, will he still be there? I had no idea what he wanted.

I've probably gone and killed him, the poor sod

Also, I FINALLY made it through that fucking dungeon. Christ. I hate jailers, basically ran past that last part. That was hell.

You need to
buy his entire armor set from patches at firelink shrine and give it to him in the well, don't know if he's still alive but if you want to finish his questline you need to do it pretty quickly, you're approaching the area where his quest ends. Although you already missed an encounter before the dungeons with him had you given him his armor that you would have to go back to.

jett

D-Member
Is it me or did the game was kind of a cakewalk by Souls standards until the Cathedral? Or maybe that Mercenary starting weapon is too op lol. :p

caesar

Banned
Is it me or did the game was kind of a cakewalk by Souls standards until the Cathedral? Or maybe that Mercenary starting weapon is too op lol. :p

Its definitely eaasier at first, it has a more defined learning curve than the others imo.

Rixxan

caving and getting this game today, quick question :

I always prefer dex weapons, would also love to play this game without using a shield

are there some class / build / weapon that makes this viable, including pvp?

i enjoy bloodbornes combat pace, and would like to get as close to replicating that as i can in DS3

So is that P
ontiff
boss the harderest in the game or the game just got real now? I have been melting bosses easy (CS went down in like 10 seconds lol) with my raw and now sharp estoc, no shield used at all through the game. But this guy is just another level. I got 1/3rd of him down and when I thought I'm starting to get the hang of it, the second phase kicked in and I said nope.

Thankfully seems I missed a location (
lake
) but even a bit leveled up, and probably one more +1 in my weapon it won't be much easier.

He's certainly not the hardest and not even the hardest non optional bosses. Once we're talking optional, then there's some real rough stuff out there. At least the boss you're talking about actually stops attacking briefly from time to time. With some others that's a luxury. It took me around 20-30 tries for one optional but the boss you're at was a one time deal.

caving and getting this game today, quick question :

I always prefer dex weapons, would also love to play this game without using a shield

are there some class / build / weapon that makes this viable, including pvp?

i enjoy bloodbornes combat pace, and would like to get as close to replicating that as i can in DS3
Dark sword with a Dex gem in it.

myco666

Early bosses are on the easier side of things but regular enemies are harder than ever. Much faster, counters to backstab fishing bunch of shield break attacks and generally much tougher encounters.

KHlover

Banned
Welp, seems like joining that covenant in the
Cathedral of the Deep
made
Sirris
mad.

I don't even recall seeing her before. RIP, whoever you were

Zocano

Being a blue sentinel:

c76xJeJ.gif

burgerdog

I just made it to the Chalice Dungeon area, you guys know which one :lol Should I have found the rusted iron ring by now? I'm sure I left a few items in the swamp but I don't want to do it without the ring. Just need a yes or no if it's available to me now and I just haven't found it.

dealer-

Yup. Compare the first four bosses in Bloodborne - Cleric Beast, Gascoigne, Blood Starved Beast, Vicar Amelia to this game. It definitely eases you in but the late main/optional bosses are tough.

Mandelbo

I just made it to the Chalice Dungeon area, you guys know which one :lol Should I have found the rusted iron ring by now? I'm sure I left a few items in the swamp but I don't want to do it without the ring. Just need a yes or no if it's available to me now and I just haven't found it.

There isn't a Rusted Iron Ring equivalent in the game, unfortunately.

Danneee

Holy crap, just summoned someone for the first time and it's like another game! Good times. And man that third boss was hard, mostly because I didn't know what to do. And we were three guys battling it and I dies with it having just a fraction of health left:(

The Game

Just beat
Pontiff using NPC summon, after 15 tries I gave up, up to this point all the bosses where kinda easy but pontiff was just too hard for me.

MUnited83

For you.

it is a cakewalk. The early game enemies have super low poise and can usually be staggered until they die. Early game is a R1 mashfest lol

E92 M3

Please help with A
nris'
questline:
I didn't kill the assassin, the Yurri talked about the marriage, yet there wasn't an NPC in the tomb. What did I do wrong?

Hikami

Being a blue sentinel:
You won't get summoned much past level 30 from what I've seen. Everyone equips the way of the blue covenant item early on since there isn't much else to equip. Had my first character at 19 of the blue sentinel covenant item but I leveled it up past 30 and stopped getting summoned.

I just created a new character last night and have him at 29 with a +1 weapon in the U
ndead
S
ettlement
area. Got summoned 10 times pretty quickly before I decided to go off for the night.

neoism

is 43 to high to coop the watchers boss?? put my sign down and have been waiting for 10 min...��

you put them in front of the door right?

Zeliard

I've been having good success being summoned as a Blue Sentinel, though the waiting times do understandably get longer as you progress into the game and level up, since it shrinks the available player pool and players are probably less likely to be in Way of Blue.

Might be helpful to turn cross-region matchmaking on. I've been pleasantly surprised with the latency, for the most part. Lag has actually been a worse problem when getting summoned for co-op than it has for PvP.

Okay so I seem to have come across my first cheater. The character name was something like SamuelLillith. I would have had a recording if Plays.TV wasn't so shite.

In the Wall of Lothran or whatever it is called he one hit me and my brother through our 100% damage reduction shields. When I managed to hit him whilst he was coming down he took no damage what so ever.

KHlover

Banned
is 43 to high to coop the watchers boss?? put my sign down and have been waiting for 10 min...��

I Coop-ed the watchers for 5h straight yesterday at Lv. 39, so nope.
Also nope, you put it in front of the bonfire.

EDIT: Did you put down a white sign or a Sunbro sign? In my experience people prefer sunbros.

Zeliard

What's your highest weapon upgrade level? SL43 should be fine for Watchers. I doubled back in my game to help people with that boss around that level.

Edit: oh yeah, put it near the bonfire for better success like KHlover said, since people will likely want to run past or fight the enemies in front of the boss door and won't have time to summon you

heringer

Cool early game recommendation: silver eagle kite shield + dagger or thrall axe. That way you have a 100% physical absortion shield ready and can use quickstep without going two handed.

Raphael

btw guys, I'm in love with the estoc in this game. Never used it in the previous games for some reason. Is there some other weapon that shares the moveset with it?

edit: nvm found it.

MUnited83

For you.

I think there might be something wrong going on with the servers. I'm SL36. I can barely ever get summoned to the forest covenant, never managed to be summoned for abyss watchers. Invading also very rarely suceeds. I managed to get like 2 invasions in one our in the cathedral of cleansing and that's it.

UrbanRats

Holy shit at the difficulty spike with this 3rd (second, if you don't count the tutorial guy) boss.

I was going through the game pretty comfortably, although i'm finding it generally harder than past games, and then hit these A
byss
W
atchers
like a brick wall.
I must've tried, like, 30+ times (although a couple i just let him kill me 'cause i got poisoned outside).

Wasn't this frustrated by a Souls enemy, since trying Throne Watcher & Defender with a shieldless build, or the Katana fucker in the Church in Bloodborne.

Made me outright give up without having made any progress, today.

I did bring
his health down to a sliver (talking about the second phase) once, one more attack and he would've died, but then messed up one roll and bit it.
And usually, i'd say the first phase is pretty doable if you keep it defensive, but that flaming phase just destroys me, for some reason i can't keep my rolling on point when it gets to that moment; getting Fume Night flashbacks, only i have to go through a whole first phase to even try again.
Had to stop, because i was at that point where you can't even get past the first part, since your adrenaline is gone.

Fuck i may have to get back here after some leveling up or something, i'm pretty sure i'm over leveled already though (i think i'm around 20 - 25, as a knight).

In their defense though i'll say, they did find a cool twist to the usual
gank squad
boss type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom