• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitusTroy

after
Pontiff Sulyvahn
there's an
illusory wall
leading down a long ladder to 2 of those wolf/dragon things...how the hell do you beat them?...it's impossible to lure 1 at a time as the 2nd one gets aggro'd as well

Finalow

No summons for me either, not sure whats wrong.
been like that since the game launched in Japan, something clearly doesn't work properly.

takes a while to get DMB but it's worth it, great buff and with 50 Faith you get a lot of bonus AR. pretty much what I've been using the whole time for PvP.

neoism

I think there might be something wrong going on with the servers. I'm SL36. I can barely ever get summoned to the forest covenant, never managed to be summoned for abyss watchers. Invading also very rarely suceeds. I managed to get like 2 invasions in one our in the cathedral of cleansing and that's it.

yeah im taking my swweeat time just finished the deep with 20 hours on and only 1 invasion it was laggy as shit too... 😞

sora87

Hate it when people disconnect themselves because they got invaded. Really a waste of time for the invader.

Wish the game would just give the rewards if that happens.

I wish there was an option to keep summons on but turn off invasions tbh, it's not fun having to bail to a boss room or bonfire

Oh man, a friend told me a way to break the
Dancer
fight really early so I did a female character only to try it.

Best armor for female ever

http://i.imgur.com/L97AZet.jpg

How'd ya break the fight eh?

Fhtagn

So, a boss just grabbed the host, me (sunbro) and another coop helper with the same grab attack and killed us.

Grabs being broken again it seems. I wonder when FROM still stop being stubborn with this kind of attacks. They just don't work so no point on add them.

In general I've found grab attacks in DS3 to be the least egregious grabs in the series. Easiest to dodge, least damage when they land, mostly. Maybe I never got hit by a bad one.

after
Pontiff Sulyvahn
there's an
illusory wall
leading down a long ladder to 2 of those wolf/dragon things...how the hell do you beat them?...it's impossible to lure 1 at a time as the 2nd one gets aggro'd as well

You've got about 20s before the other one joins in. You'll have to be super aggressive

catspit

I am confused.. I talked to the guy to join the
mound makers and got the trophy to pop
but when I put my sign down its white and my covenant shows as blank. "-"

Korosenai

Last night I organized a fight club for roughly 2 hours lol. We had one person try to start trouble, but they were quickly dealt with. It was like gladiator fights.

Image spoiler tagged just in case (click on the box)
Did you go all Russian mob on the trouble maker, set an example out him?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
after
Pontiff Sulyvahn
there's an
illusory wall

You can pull one alone.

Zeliard

Invading doesn't even work for you guys? Every time I lay down my red eye stone I'm in another world within the next 10 seconds.

KHlover

Banned
Holy shit at the difficulty spike with this 3rd (second, if you don't count the tutorial guy) boss.

I was going through the game pretty comfortably, although i'm finding it generally harder than past games, and then hit these A
byss
W
atchers
like a brick wall.
I must've tried, like, 30+ times (although a couple i just let him kill me 'cause i got poisoned outside).

Wasn't this frustrated by a Souls enemy, since trying Throne Watcher & Defender with a shieldless build, or the Katana fucker in the Church in Bloodborne.

Made me outright give up without having made any progress, today.

I did bring
his health down to a sliver (talking about the second phase) once, one more attack and he would've died, but then messed up one roll and bit it.
And usually, i'd say the first phase is pretty doable if you keep it defensive, but that flaming phase just destroys me, for some reason i can't keep my rolling on point when it gets to that moment; getting Fume Night flashbacks, only i have to go through a whole first phase to even try again.
Had to stop, because i was at that point where you can't even get past the first part, since your adrenaline is gone.

Fuck i may have to get back here after some leveling up or something, i'm pretty sure i'm over leveled already though (i think i'm around 20 - 25, as a knight).

In their defense though i'll say, they did find a cool twist to the usual
gank squad
boss type.
Abyss Watchers as second boss? Don't complain when you speedrun the game like that lol.

You missed:
Deadwood Tree thingy in Undead Settlement
Crystal Sage in Farron Woods
Stray Demon in Farron Woods
The entire Cathedral of the Deep area

cheezcake

after
Pontiff Sulyvahn
there's an
illusory wall

Ember up, summon someone to help you out. Either after that last bonfire or there's usually a few at the bottom of the ladder.

GulAtiCa

Now in F
arron
K
eep
. Level 34. Lot of good items in here. Finally have enough strength/dex to use my Flamberge. I upgraded it to a Fire Flamberge with one of my extra Fire Gems. I'll try it out for a while, I like the damage I do with it so far. Also finally upgraded my Pyromancy Flame to +3.

Now also 16 hours into the game.

Invading doesn't even work for you guys? Every time I lay down my red eye stone I'm in another world within the next 10 seconds.
Same. I'm still lowish level of lv 30s, so maybe easier for me and where I am (still early game). But I have no issue. I see co-op signs everywhere too.

The only issue I've ever had is getting summoned when I have the blue sentenials covenant on. Never once summoned yet. Ironically have been invaded like 4 times now while wearing that. lol

UrbanRats

Abyss Watchers as second boss? Don't complain when you speedrun the game like that lol.

You missed:
Deadwood Tree thingy in Undead Settlement
Crystal Sage in Farron Woods
Stray Demon in Farron Woods
The entire Cathedral of the Deep area

Lmao.

B6wJ0kt.jpg

Wasn't trying to speedrun tho.

The rest of the area was pretty easy, so i thought i was on the right track.

Dominator

I loved Bloodborne but this just isn't grabbing me after a few hours. I guess I shouldn't have expected it to after I didn't like Demon's and both Dark Souls. Gonna keep playing for a little see if I get into it but if not, at least I have it a fair shake.

BriGuy

I was enjoying the game a lot until I reached the catacombs. Way too reminiscent of Dark Souls 2, right down to the mobs of enemies that need to be individually triggered and picked off.

cheezcake

I don't see anything.. Does he give you an item? I don't have it for some reason..

Edit: nm thanks. Lol there is a covenant slot.. Never knew that

Haha yeah my friend made the same mistake, he realised he wasn't actually part of any covenenant after about 10 hours of play time

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I asked late last night, but didn't see an answer so I'll try again:

Yesterday the game showed up on my Xbox with no record of me having bought it. Anyone know how that's possible?

after
Pontiff Sulyvahn
there's an
illusory wall

Craft Macaroni & Cheese style:

- Go down the ladder and pull the visible one with an arrow.
- Climb back up the ladder about to the top of the decorative arch on the wall.
- Wait until the crocodog is right under you and *tap circle/B*
- PLUNGE ATTACK FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!
- Repeat.

You can heal on the ladder, as well.

Ferr986

I wish there was an option to keep summons on but turn off invasions tbh, it's not fun having to bail to a boss room or bonfire

How'd ya break the fight eh?

Not possible on regular pacing, you have to fight it before
Vorltd. Basically summon the katana guy, but take it to fight the Dancer. He of course will die, but if you log off and log in again, and summon him again, he's practically invincible, and can solo her.

Pls don't do it if you never fought the legit way because that boss is awesome.

In general I've found grab attacks in DS3 to be the least egregious grabs in the series. Easiest to dodge, least damage when they land, mostly. Maybe I never got hit by a bad one.

Yes I agree they're the ones with less damage and more obvious, but the hitboxs are still fucked.

The estus flask ring seems like the epitome of chug to win. I basically just healed myself through the first Lord fight it was kind of a bummer. I don't think I'm overleveled at 40 for the fight, but what do I know.

MUnited83

For you.

It used to work great for me, as well as summons and everything else, but the last two days have been terrible for some reason. I might be able to invade like one or two times in one hour now. It's weird and I don't know why it's happening.

I can't believe I had trouble with
Deacons of the deep lol. Just hit them all really hard.

Did anyone else go to
Cathedral of the Deep
before going to
Farram Keep
?

Zeliard

Invading works instantly no problem, it's just the stupid watchdogs covenant that doesn't work.

I've only ever been able to get the Watchdogs covenant to work when I'm actually around the Farron Keep area. Not sure if that's a requirement or that's just how it turned out in my game; after it didn't seem to be working while wearing the badge in other areas, I just stayed around Farron Keep/Old Wolf bonfire areas to wait for a summon.

myco666

Oh god some of these invaders are dumb. Covenant spoilers
Instead of ganking the host red phantoms attack Aldrich the Faithful covenant players and vice versa meaning the host can just sit back and watch while we kill each other.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
meeeeeeeeeeeh just did the
marriage
quest...

...after finishing the game >_> son of a bitch

Are you talking about the Red Eye Orb or the Red Sign SoapStone? I have not been able to invade using the Red Eye Orb nor be summon when I have
The Watchdogs or any Convent on
:'(

On PC and Ps4.

Zeliard

Are you talking about the Red Eye Orb or the Red Sign SoapStone? I have not been able to invade using the Red Eye Orb nor be summon when I have
The Watchdogs or any Convent on
:'(

On PC and Ps4.

Both have worked for me. I've also been able to invade just fine while actively being in the Blue Sentinel covenant (please forgive me).

Just beat
Sulivyn
after I'd say... 20 attempts? The joy of beating this boss solo might be the most satisfying I've felt in a Souls game. Jeez what a fight

Both have worked for me. I've also been able to invade just fine while actively being in the Blue Sentinel covenant (please forgive me).
If you dont mind me asking, whats your level and do you have cross region matchmaking on as well? Its seriously annoying me I cant do any of the pvp covenant stuff ;_;

I have gotten the message for invading as a watchdog like four times and all four timed out. I went through all of the Cathedral of the deep and Farron Keep with the symbol equipped. It's super frustrating since I want the rank 1 reward. I guess I can farm those goat things, but that's no fun.

The Red Eye Orb works fine. I couldn't find a soapstone though. Are people having any luck getting summoned as a Mound Maker? I can't understand why anyone would use one considering there are sunbro symbols everywhere.

yuraya

Right, I have tried The Abyss Watchers 30 times now. I'm giving up, this boss is absolutely ridiculous and I can't beat it. I just don't have the skill. First phase is fine but the second is completely impossible. He closes the distance in a nanosecond and his attack range is the length of a motorway. I have gotten to this part 10 times and have only hit him twice, on both of those occasions he killed me straight away.

If I block him my stamina goes immediately and then he kills me
If I try to roll around him he uses a sweeping attack and then he kills me
If I try to use my flask he uses the opportunity to close the distance and then he kills me

I spent 3 grand on a TV last year, and I was dangerously close to putting my foot thru it. I tried. I'm not good enough for this game.

Fuck this game
Fuck Miyazaki
Fuck FROM
Fuck Sony
Fuck everyone
Fuck you
Fuck me
and Fuck Konami as well I suppose.

Took me 5 or 6 tries to get it. The same rule always applies to all hard bosses in souls game. Just be patient and pick your shots. Don't get greedy and you'll be fine.

I will admit there were times were he was ruthless in his second form. Like almost infinite stamina n shit.

Edit: Also I wouldn't use a shield in this fight. You need as much damage as possible in the beginning so you don't waste flasks for the end. You gotta get the first part out of the way asap.

Zeliard

If you dont mind me asking, whats your level and do you have cross region matchmaking on as well? Its seriously annoying me I cant do any of the pvp covenant stuff ;_;

I'm somewhere around SL46, highest weapon upgrade level +5. I do have cross-region matchmaking on, yes. I also have that other summon sign option on unrestricted.

Plum

Ok so I just got summed to a game with four people cooperating. Two phantoms (me and another guy) and then the host summoned another Host of Embers. What just happened?

Level 61 at Pontiff, goddamn I feel overleveled. Just using the standard Knight build(shield, Heavy Longsword +6), and I'm just steamrolling through this whole area. Came close to one death, but the red invader was trash lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom