• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dancer is probably one of my favorite souls bosses and one of the few I'll defeat solo in this game to prove I have some dignity. Almost one shorted it and the soundtrack is great.
I guess this means
I'm approaching end game
so what else is there to do? I've killed
Old Demon king
but is there anything worth while in the area to do? Also how do I get to
Dragon peak
and any other hidden areas?

Still need help.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Armor spoilers

Dancer crown
+
wolf knight armor
+
loran's leggings

00D39BB04792520E7C2803F2B299ACDF089C4357
7CF91B7CC49C472013E1AAA6138FA820C4B4A77C

unless the DLC has some dope looking armor, I will never change out of this. Lorian's leggings look liek they are made for wolf knight (arotrias) chest, it looks much better than the actual artorias legs

edit: sorry for the horrible steam compression

skynidas

Banned
Still need help.

To reach Archdragon Peak, you must obtain the Path of the Dragon Gesture from Consumed King's Garden, and make your way to Irithyll Dungeon, where the petrified dragon acolyte is seated in a meditation like position. Stand on the rug to the left of the acolyte and perform the Path of the Dragon gesture. A cutscene will play and you will be transported to the cliffside.

Late Game optional Boss spoiler
Nameless King is recking me, holy shit. No problems with any bosses so far, but he is just DESTROYING me, I don't even see a chance how I could beat atm. Maybe will level up some more first

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I am so lost in the first level! It's amazing how well designed they made this one. I feel like there are 900 paths even though I think there are two.

joined Rosaria's covenant and ended up doing duels and invasions all night. it was fun, but the connection always felt a bit questionable.

also, the spawn point on the rafters in the Cathedral is kinda BS. you have to take damage to get to the dueling area one way or another. If you try to go the other way, the guy can just lower the gate as you're walking across it! was laughing so hard when it happened to me.

also, went to the
Catacombs
and am impressed by the number of cheap skeletons, old and new, collaborating to make me salty as hell.

SDCowboy

Ok seriously, what the hell is up with
Irithyll
? The place is crawling with mobs that are harder than the bosses. :/

To reach Archdragon Peak, you must obtain the Path of the Dragon Gesture from Consumed King's Garden, and make your way to Irithyll Dungeon, where the petrified dragon acolyte is seated in a meditation like position. Stand on the rug to the left of the acolyte and perform the Path of the Dragon gesture. A cutscene will play and you will be transported to the cliffside.
Consumed King I assume is past Lothric Castle?

Finalow

Ok so I just got summed to a game with four people cooperating. Two phantoms (me and another guy) and then the host summoned another Host of Embers. What just happened?
dried fingers + he didn't summon another host but just a phantom with a ring that makes you look like a host.

Yeah fuck this, I'm not going through the area after Pontiff in ember form. Ridiculous.
eh, that's one of the few locations where invaders can have some ''fair'' invasions. the covenant there actually works, even at high levels. it's quite easy to run and reach the next bonfire though, if you don't want to bother with PvP.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Irithyll

wait until you get to the
dungeon
part lol

KHlover

Banned
Irithyll

Solo and stunlock is the only way I even got to the next bonfire. Those guys are so fast and have so much stamina. Every time I aggro'd two of em at the same time I just died.

Tarkus

I was trying out weapons in my inventory and I finally found my Balder Swag Sword equivalent, albeit a bit shorter!!!
The Lothric Knight Sword!
I hope is scales as well with DEX.

Moff

in the undead settlement,
I killed the fire demon, I read sigmund was supposed to show up, but the didn't did I fuck up? also, how do I leave this place?

SDCowboy

Solo and stunlock is the only way I even got to the next bonfire. Those guys are so fast and have so much stamina. Every time I aggro'd two of em at the same time I just died.

Yeah I could tell right away this was one of those areas where I just wanted to run straight to the next bonfire. lol

Anyone else finding the boss fights fucking laughably easy?

Just beat the abyss watchers after like.. Maybe 4 attempts. Just changed my load and out beat it first try after doing so.

Just put on my best fire resistant shit.

Hollow tree greatsword +2 or whatever it's called. Piece of piss. The boss staggers when hit with an R1 strike lmao. If I connect it's 4 hits in a row thank you very much lol.

SDCowboy

Anyone else finding the boss fights fucking laughably easy?

Just beat the abyss watchers after like.. Maybe 4 attempt. Just changed my loud and out beat it first try after doing so.

Just put on my best fire resistant shit.

Hollow tree greatsword +2 or whatever it's called. Piece of piss. The boss staggers when hit with an R1 strike lmao. If I connect it's 4 hits in a row thank you very much lol.

Maybe we have different standards of what constitutes difficult. But IMO, if you need 4 tries to beat something, it's not laughably easy. lol

30 hours in, I have been summoned 0 times as a blue sentinel. I have worn it at all times, except when I put my sunbro tag on to do some bosses. Am I doing something wrong? Have I understood the covenant wrong, or are there just no people with Way of Blue? The icon flashes and all, I get invaded etc. so I am online.

My first encounter with the Abyss Watchers:

"Wow, he's like Artoriborne. Bloodtorias. Whatever. Kinda like a hunter fight and he staggers, that's not so bad. Oh, a 2nd dude. Well...um...guess I'll be careful and A THIRD DUDE?! What the hell, how am I supposed to fight - wait, why is the third guy attacking the first one? Um...okay let me help you buddy. Damn, I keep getting hit by little pinging hits and having to heal but this isn't so bad. One Estus left, alright he's dead!"

"Why is there a cutscene?"

*2 seconds later dead, corpse on fire*

lol Bout time to upgrade my weapon. Don't think it's cutting it anymore.

Maybe we have different standards of what constitutes difficult. But IMO, if you need 4 tries to beat something, it's not laughably easy. lol

Considering Demons Souls, Dark Souls 1 & 2 had bosses like ornstein and smough among others that took me dead set hours upon hours to beat them. Playing something 2-3 times sussing it out and killing it after maybe 20 minutes play is pretty laughably easy. That was my most deaths so far and I'm hoping it gets harder.

Ricker

Should I be doing something at those supposed illusionnary walls or is it just a meme from Demon Souls like I read earlier ?...they are everywhere lol...

Hikami

30 hours in, I have been summoned 0 times as a blue sentinel. I have worn it at all times, except when I put my sunbro tag on to do some bosses. Am I doing something wrong? Have I understood the covenant wrong, or are there just no people with Way of Blue? The icon flashes and all, I get invaded etc. so I am online.
http://i.imgur.com/WF3g5Ak.jpg

Gotta do it when you're a low level. Rarely get summoned on my other higher level character.

Mutombo

OK guys, I beat Pontiff in second try, it was piss easy. Here's how I did it:

I equipped winged knight armor set. It's huge, heavy, and I had to switch the gloves for something lighter or else I would've been 103% equip load.

Pontiff is quite the aggressive and fast man. But his hotbox is tiiiight. Just lock on and strafe and he'll miss so many attacks! I just kept my shield up, 100% kite shield, so I do take damage, and just hugged him and walked around him and hit away. Just hit away man. He'll do his morph thing, and I did my Iron Skin thing (but that's so short that I didn't bother with it after the first try), but as long as I kept circling around him he kept missing me. And when you get hit, don't try to roll away to heal. He'll kick your ass. Just keep circling to his back and heal.

Also, how do you invade with multiple persons?

Considering Demons Souls, Dark Souls 1 & 2 had bosses like ornstein and smough among others that took me dead set hours upon hours to beat them. Playing something 2-3 times sussing it out and killing it after maybe 20 minutes play is pretty laughably easy. That was my most deaths so far and I'm hoping it gets harder.

Most mid-late bosses in this game are harder than O&S, though. It's just that people had problems with them back then because the games were so new.

dealer-

The penultimate boss took me around 3 hours and the final boss 2 hours solo, so it gets harder at the end. Optional bosses late game are tough too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom