• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandelbo

Should I be doing something at those supposed illusionnary walls or is it just a meme from Demon Souls like I read earlier ?...they are everywhere lol...

Those messages are almost assuredly lies most of the time. You have to hit illusory walls to open them.

Manu

Anri's quest:
So I entered Anri's world to help her fight Aldritch (what a twist on who Aldritch really is) and we killed him at the same time Anri died. I got the souls and ember form restored but was returned to my world... what now?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Believe it or not, some people don't play games to be good at them, but because they enjoy them.

Yep. If you want to summon, summon. I got through Bloodborne and DLC with no help, but had no qualms summoning help for Abyss Watchers as I play to have fun.

Just ignore the elitist "git gud" jack offs and play the game however gives you the most enjoyment. For some that's the challenge and doing it alone. For others that's summoning after dying a bunch so they can move on.

Anri's quest:
So I entered Anri's world to help her fight Aldritch (what a twist on who Aldritch really is) and we killed him at the same time Anri died. I got the souls and ember form restored but was returned to my world... what now?
Aldritch isn't really Gwendolyn I don't think. Pretty sure Aldrich just ate him Hench his name being devourer of God's when everyone else calls him the devourer of men.

Juraash

So I'm not very far in but but I do have a question.

I just got the frost sword (real name starts with an I). I really dig this weapon and the incorporation of frost into the game. Are there any similarly themed armors later on? Don't have to tell me where or when, just a yes or no will suffice.

Dubz

I'm a little confused about the Uchigatana. Is upgrading it at the blacksmiththe only way to up the attack power? Like it doesn't go higher with higher Dexterity?

So I'm not very far in but but I do have a question.

I just got the frost sword (real name starts with an I). I really dig this weapon and the incorporation of frost into the game. Are there any similarly themed armors later on? Don't have to tell me where or when, just a yes or no will suffice.
Yes.

Ferr986

I'm a little confused about the Uchigatana. Is upgrading it at the blacksmiththe only way to up the attack power? Like it doesn't go higher with higher Dexterity?

It does, but leveling the weapon will always be more noticeable than leveling stats. You basically should do both.

I'm somewhere around SL46, highest weapon upgrade level +5. I do have cross-region matchmaking on, yes. I also have that other summon sign option on unrestricted.
I am pretty much the same level range, weapons and matchmaking setup as you. Werid I can't be summon :(

P.s just notice I have you on my stream friends list from before. No idea when tho haha.

Moff

I am a pyro and found the spear saint bidet, which scales D with faith, I have 20 faith

should I infuse it with a fire gem anyway? it looses it's scaling, or what is the best way to upgrade it?

Finally finished it!
Wtf was that ending though? literally just sat down by the bonfire and fade to black. I guess I need to start towards the true ending now.

First phase is kinda okay with 4-5 Estus flasks, but in the second phase I can't block everything (even with Havel, way too much dmg goes trough). I tried dodging without shield, but he is just so relentless in his attacks :(

there's a shield called great tree crest or something with 83% lightning reduction. I think it's at lothric castle. Anyway he has some really heavy hits in the second phase so blocking is a bad idea anyway. Those hits are pretty easy to dodge though, especially compared to Abyss Watchers or Gundyr. Maybe your nerves are messing with your timing, I dunno. The name of the game is to be relentless (smart relentless) dodge his very short combos and tag him with two hits. If you hit him enough you'll get him into a riposte animation where toy can take off another significant amount of his health. Basically the more you respect him the worse it's gonna go for you. Pretend you're playing Bloodborne :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this latest trailer is amazing, but its the most spoilerific trailer Ive ever seen. Not only does it show a bunch of end game bosses but actual scenes from the ending lol.

still, watch if you have finished the game, its a great showcase how nightmare-fuel this series is when you lump up all the monsters and bosses in a 2 min trailer ;_;

Does anyone know if the Abyss Watchers are vulnerable/immune to poison or bleed? If they are it can alter my strat quite a bit. I have 2 poison weapons and 1 bleed weapon that can take advantage of my high luck stat and maybe play a more cautious approach. Well, cautiously aggressive.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
by the way I just read the little patch notes thing when the game starts, and everyone is frreaking out about greatsword, when it says "greatsword"

why are people assuming its about greatswords in general and not the item called Greatsword. Because it mentions a couple of other specific ones too

I loved Bloodborne but this just isn't grabbing me after a few hours. I guess I shouldn't have expected it to after I didn't like Demon's and both Dark Souls. Gonna keep playing for a little see if I get into it but if not, at least I have it a fair shake.

This is pretty much the inverse Dark Souls for me. I loved everything in DS1 up through Anor Londo, then I thought the game fell off a cliff. DS3 starts off pretty slow IMO, then picks up like crazy at around the 1/3rd or 40% point

Also is Y
horm the Giant
bugged out for anyone else? I've been co-oping him for about an hour and he basically refuses to attack me. I've been getting a bunch of easy kills for some people.

Moff

I am a pyro and found the spear saint bidet, which scales D with faith, I have 20 faith

should I infuse it with a fire gem anyway? it looses it's scaling, or what is the best way to upgrade it?
I just looked up what I have available and crystel gem seems to be a good choice, some extra magic damage and scaling and I keep the faith scaling, not that it matters since my int is equal, but I guess that means I didn't need to find a faith scaling weapon at all

joanot

What level are you guys finishing the game at ?

Im 35 hours in , level 65, still exploring ( mid game areas )
Irithyll dungeon & Anor Londo
. Yeah Im taking my time with the game also getting sunbros coins helping people.

Im worried Ill be too over leveled by the end of the game and I still have to farm all the covenants awards.

DS3 starts off pretty slow IMO, then picks up like crazy at around the 1/3rd or 40% point

Found this to be the case as well. It gets great after A
byss
W
atchers
although Cathedral was dope too
ignoring the garbage boss there

Felt like the same old shit with castle barracks, forest and swampy area. Felt like they've all been done better in other games than here as well

70-80s seems common

cireza

How do you reach the area behind you
at the foot of the great wall bonfire ? You can clearly see a dead dragon and at least two items.

Zeliard

Im 35 hours in , level 65, still exploring ( mid game areas )
Irithyll dungeon & Anor Londo
. Yeah Im taking my time with the game also getting sunbros coins helping people.

Im worried Ill be too over leveled by the end of the game and I still have to farm all the covenants awards.

I'm where you are in the game and I don't want to pass SL50 unless a certain weapon really compels me, mainly just to be in a comfortable level range to keep doing co-op and PvP stuff on this character in the endgame. It's the same reason I haven't upgraded any weapon past +5 yet.

ship it

I have a NPC questline question if anyone can help, cause I think I'm pretty bummed if I messed it up.

I got the fire keeper soul and saw patches on the other side of the gate, as I was falling to my death cause the elevator had gone down. When I went back he was gone. Is there any way to see him again?

anyone familiar enough with NPC questlines to answer this question?

gunstarhero

Couple of questions:

Why is it that my character looks like he's glowing, along with the icon in the upper left near my health?

How does hollowing work now? I've only played DS2, and it is obviously different. Dying doesn't seem to impact my appearance or health bar at all.

Lastly, after I beat the naked dude with the katana outside of the shrine, I noticed a spot where it asked me to summon. Wtf is this? I didn't do it because I needed to get back to a bonfire and didn't want to risk dying.

I'm where you are in the game and I don't want to pass SL50 unless a certain weapon really compels me, mainly just to be in a comfortable level range to keep doing co-op and PvP stuff on this character. It's the same reason I haven't upgraded any weapon past +5 yet.

You've got more self control than I do. I've been Uchi only and totally shieldless but damned if I'm going to pass up sweet, sweet damage upgrades for the Uchi.

anyone familiar enough with NPC questlines to answer this question?

He's still in Firelink. Just go up like you're heading to the tower but don't go outside. Go to the end of the hallway.

Soulflarz

Banned
Just got to
Irityll
. Holy mother of difficulty spike o_O

It's weird- I fully acknowledge the area is very hard vs others, but I didn't die in it at all?
I think if you play everything safe, it's relatively hard to die in there, just make sure you only swing when it's safe.

just one-shot Pontiff, goddamn my dick is HUGE

Niceee. This is the thing that finally got me in the area. Cleared the entire thing, only to...succumb to the boss
at 3% of his HP left ;__;
too much greed

well i half-shotted him

i know its universally agreed upon that souls games are the hardest of all time hands down but i guess i'm just a god gamer

Pls

I think most games on "very hard" or the equivalent are going to be harder.

Citadel

Am I the only one having trouble with remembering the layout of areas, especially Undead Settlement. I think the level design is great and intricate, but I'm having such a hard time remembering if I've been down certain paths or areas. Dark Souls 2 was a little more linear in that sense, imo.

Also I'm around SL35 and just got to the
Road of Sacrifices.
Is that about the right level for the area? Curious as to how far into the game I am.

ship it

Did you meet
Patches at the Cathedral of the Deep?

edit:^^ try that first.

You've got more self control than I do. I've been Uchi only and totally shieldless but damned if I'm going to pass up sweet, sweet damage upgrades for the Uchi.

He's still in Firelink. Just go up like you're heading to the tower but don't go outside. Go to the end of the hallway.

hmm I should have tried that first. I was just bummed when he wasnt there. Thanks!

Beat it yesterday, and decided to sleep on my thoughts. Dark Souls 3 surpasses DS1 for me. DS1 has always been one of my favorite games.

Thanks big time to Fromsoftware for gracing us with this masterpiece.

KHlover

Banned
It's weird- I fully acknowledge the area is very hard vs others, but I didn't die in it at all?
I think if you play everything safe, it's relatively hard to die in there, just make sure you only swing when it's safe.

Niceee. This is the thing that finally got me in the area. Cleared the entire thing, only to...succumb to the boss
at 3% of his HP left ;__;
too much greed

Pls

I think most games on "very hard" or the equivalent are going to be harder.

Eh I died two times and then got used to those new enemies. Kicking helps wonders, but I still doubt I'd be able to take two of those fast things at the same time.
Invisible zombies
are much easier tho :p

EDIT: Guess
Ityrill Dungeon [/B
] will be hard, why would they place a bonfire at the start even though it's literally just a minute of walking from the previousone?

rdytoroll

I think I'm at the last boss, what a ride man. Now let's beat him. I'd be surprised if there's more after this. Game is full of content as it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom