• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempted to get it on my US account (I'm UK) to save money and save me having to go into town tomorrow to buy the disc, what time will it unlock if I do?

Frodo

I just decided I'm not buying this now. I'll probably wait until it's cheaper, or maybe I'll even wait for the inevitable release of the game + all DLCs at some point.

It's £49 on the PS4. I have the money on my wallet, but I don't want to spend it all. Also, I'm not even paying PS+, so that would have to go on top. I might even buy it on Steam later if they have a sale or something (which will probably happen before the PS4 goes down, + free online) and play on minimal/medium settings on my laptop.

Praise the sun all of you playing it.

So still undecided on which version to get. I can go either PS4 or PC...

I haven't read up on anything on the game and the differences between versions.

How are the console ports this time around? I'm sure PC version is running great. I can run Scholar of the First Sin with max settings at 60 fps so I should be good on PC right?

Audioboxer

I like how the knight looks vs the warrior. Can all characters look the same in the end and wear all armor?

Yup. There's not much in warrior/knight for min maxing anyway.

If you do go Warrior you can get a 100% block shield in the first area you warp to after tutorial boss.

GorillaJu

For anyone considering magic, just be aware that DS 3 will punish you severely for that decision. Enemies are fast and spells are weak.

Audioboxer

For anyone considering magic, just be aware that DS 3 will punish you severely for that decision. Enemies are fast and spells are weak.

Punish is a bit harsh. However the enemies definitely are a lot faster and more aggressive. Many can outrun you if fleeing.

ISee

How are the console ports this time around? I'm sure PC version is running great. I can run Scholar of the First Sin with max settings at 60 fps so I should be good on PC right?

What are your specs?

Help a noob, what is dexterity for?

Increase the dmg output for dex based weapons.

Mogwai

I could chose between PC and PS4 as well. I went with PS4 due to the online community. I didn't have enough faith in my 770/3570k PC. I'll get the game for it eventually, though.

DS3 is a lot more demanding that DS2.

daammyy

I could chose between PC and PS4 as well. I went with PS4 due to the online community. I didn't have enough faith in my 770/3570k PC. I'll get the game for it eventually, though.

Wow and here im having issues choosing between ps4 and pc with a gtx580/2500k :p

What are your specs?

Increase the dmg output for dex based weapons.

Shit. I didn't know it would be a lot more demanding. I only have a 650Ti and an old i5 as well. Guess I'll go PS4 and deal with the 30 fps.

Soulflarz

Banned
I fully expect to be top 5 posters for an OT or two then fully disappear, if anyone remembers me answering every question for the first 2 OTs of BB >_>

Hixx

Reddit says the servers are up in EU for PS4 and Xbox.

Yet I still can't get the calibrations. :(

Are they pulling my leg?

E92 M3

I have one little nightpick with this game: I wish the souls obtained from a kill stayed on the screen longer. I liked the length in BB.

jrcbandit

I read that for casters, you actually should raise Dexterity first some to increase casting speed since mobs are faster, not sure how high you need to go.

But really the only powerful magic this time is pyromancy even after the last patch that supposedly fixed magic.

Best starting class for a dex build?

I would argue Knight is probably the best build for most people. Even if you have a Dex build you will want str up to the required level for certain katanas

Look at the stats and take the one with the higher dex...?

Knight can be considered better than other classes with higher dex if you take into consideration all of the stats you will probably use.

Finalow

What hub hub? Math? The game outright tells you the damage reduction %s this time. Armor doesn't do nothing, but it also doesn't do a lot due to soft caps. Medium armor can get you to the extremely aggressive soft caps around 20% reduction.

You can get 20% pretty easily. You essentially can't get up to 30% unless you are using the specific resistance rings. I wrote that original guide, and it wasn't meant to imply that all heavy gear is worthless. Just that there's almost no benefit to using 4x pieces of heavy gear, because you'll cap even without that 4th or even 3rd piece.
well the benefit is getting more defenses and damage reduction, if it's worth it or not depends on your playstyle and whether you can deal with a fat roll or heavy investment in raising your weight limit not, I don't think it is worth it but some people do, apparently.

by that ''guide'' you mean that post where you wrote ''this will lead to all *samey* builds with medium armor and OPshields''? Which isn't even remotely true if you actually played some PvP.

Mogwai

Wow and here im having issues choosing between ps4 and pc with a gtx580/2500k :p

Shit. I didn't know it would be a lot more demanding. I only have a 650Ti and an old i5 as well. Guess I'll go PS4 and deal with the 30 fps.
I think DS2 ran as well as it did because it was an old engine. The BB/DS3 engine needs some more horse power.

I guess you can run the game at 30 fps without much trouble on PC. A little tweaking here and there is probably required. In any case, certain areas will tank the fps on any platform (even PC unless you spent a million dollars).

catspit

I would argue Knight is probably the best build for most people. Even if you have a Dex build you will want str up to the required level for certain katanas

Knight can be considered better than other classes with higher dex if you take into consideration all of the stats you will probably use.

I was also thinking Knight would be best when considering wasted points.. Thanks!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I swear to god if the box is hurt i will behead someone

hUBKAmCh.jpg

What hub hub? Math? The game outright tells you the damage reduction %s this time. Armor doesn't do nothing, but it also doesn't do a lot due to soft caps. Medium armor can get you to the extremely aggressive soft caps around 20% reduction.

You can get 20% pretty easily. You essentially can't get up to 30% unless you are using the specific resistance rings. I wrote that original guide, and it wasn't meant to imply that all heavy gear is worthless. Just that there's almost no benefit to using 4x pieces of heavy gear, because you'll cap even without that 4th or even 3rd piece.
Hmm can you share this guide of yours? And what is considered heavy for armor?

--

Also does anyone know how much does the grass shield help stamina recovery? Is it a must have for most people?

Still don't know how to get this game...

I have Prime so I could get it in physical for like 50$...
I have $50 in PSN credit but I don't have PS+...
I could get it on Steam for cheap and free online but I don't have a controller... but I have Dark Souls 1 and 2 on there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom