• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of any good FX presets that just removes the sepia filter? What I can find online like that RekindledFX shit also seems to do a bunch of other nonsense like fucking with contrast or color levels or adding CA, but all I want is the sepia filter gone.

What are the equip load breakpoints in Dark Souls 3?

0-30% for fast roll and the most i-frames for your roll, 30-50% for the fast roll and less i-frames than <30 tier, over 70 for fat roll. You can still fast roll if you are in the 60s, with fewer i-frames.

Edit- multiple people posted this info before, so I am going to go with this until proven otherwise.

some dialogue spoilers for mid-end game firekeeper

She asked me if I knew anything about ludleth and her? Something about him knowing something about her being but not telling her.

Any idea what that was? Couldn't find a way to answer it ingame at all.

sappyday

Is there a ring that lets me walk through the swamps in normal speed. I really don't want to explore F
arron Keep
without one.

Mandelbo

Dark Souls noob here. Do you guys recommend boosting health first before damage?

I would. When it comes to increasing damage, it's better to upgrade your weapon rather than put points into STR/DEX. Of course, don't ignore them completely, and when you get a weapon with high scaling you'll get bigger boosts off each level. It's just that upgrading the weapon usually has a more substantial jump in damage.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm in irythil dungeon and not sure how to proceed... I see a locked door. Not sure how to get to the ground level below.

Do I need a key for elsewhere or is it in here ?

MilkBeard

Wow, those
Dancer enemies
are tough as shit. I can bum rush some of them and stunlock-kill them, but if you hesitate and they start the chain of attacks, you are almost as good as dead. It's almost impossible to run away once they get going. The shield ones are a pain in the ass. You can't really stunlock them. Dodging them is tricky- you have to stagger your jumps a little bit because their arcs will hit you if you aren't in the exact moment of i-frame.

Manu

I finally killed (optional boss)
Old Demon King.
Ended up using all my red burrs. That fight is hell if you don't have high fire resistance. He was literally killing me in two hits without it.

Gvitor

Just got my game today. I've played about 4 bosses into Demon's Souls, but dropped it (one day I'll go back to it...), but last year I got Bloodborne around launch, finished it and absolutely loved it, it was my GOTY. First Dark Souls here.

Played a couple of hours, I just opened the first shortcut (the elevator back to the High Wall of Lothric). Loving it so far. I chose pyromancer for my class. Dexterity ain't high enough to use the bow, but the fire spell covers long distances pretty nicely. Hopefully I can get some other spells soon, I already have the slot for it.

Btw, I legit lol'ed when the tutorial prompt said "click on the touchpad to open the menu" after the first boss.

This is the best thing I've seen in a long time. Ha.

Guessing you never saw this Bloodborne gif as well?
2016-04-16.gif

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Anyone else with a glitched Ember form? I didn't change armor. I am in Ember form. But there's no more fire on me since the last area I was in. It's just gone.

Aurongel

Jesus Christ,
Pontiff Sulyvah
n is wrecking my shit. I forged past him for the longest time and actually defeated
Yhorm first then returned to Ithyrll. Figured I was good and overlevelled at that point, fuckin' nope.

This fucker gives you like zero openings and when he does you can get off about one attack. Then after a few tries I finally get him to his second phase where he splits in two. How the shit are you supposed to even fight this guy?

Cob32

Is there a ring that lets me walk through the swamps in normal speed. I really don't want to explore F
arron Keep
without one.

Don't think so but a trick you can use is a daggers FP skill which lets you dash and is much faster if you keep tapping it.

Question for you guys:

I'm pyromancer, so...

Should I stick with my deep battle axe +2 or start upgrading my irithyll straight sword and add some fire to it?

Thanks!

taybul

Jesus Christ,
Pontiff Sulyvah
n is wrecking my shit. I forged past him for the longest time and actually defeated
Yhorm first then returned to Ithyrll. Figured I was good and overlevelled at that point, fuckin' nope.

This fucker gives you like zero openings and when he does you can get off about one attack. Then after a few tries I finally get him to his second phase where he splits in two. How the shit are you supposed to even fight this guy?
Hug his left side. A lot of his attacks will miss and you'll only need to dodge a few times. When he splits just focus on him, not his shadow and never let them separate.

Citadel

I'm having a little trouble understanding how stats works for weapons. I'm curious about upgrading my +2 Raw Broadsword, and I'm looking at the stats chart for the weapon.

At +10 Fire, it does 184 physical and 184 fire damage. Does that mean it combines both values, so in the end it would be 368 total damage? (Or less, if people have fire resistance?)

I'll most likely end up going for +10 Raw, because 292 raw damage looks like it would help.

I'm on xbox one, I keep getting returned to title screen. Internet is fine. Nat is open, cross region play turned off. Any ideas??? Restarted game/console numerous times

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hug his left side. A lot of his attacks will miss and you'll only need to dodge a few times. When he splits just focus on him, not his shadow and never let them separate.

My method:

Strafe to the left, like above. But use a round shield to parry the fire slashes. He has two obvious, easy to parry slashes. The first is when you're to his lower right, and he does a single swing at you with the flaming sword. That one is an easy parry, and you can trigger the swing by hanging around a vulnerable location. The second one is when he circles you counterclockwise to lead with the flaming sword. That's another easy parry.

In phase two I used fireballs to kill the illusion asap and repeated the above. The illusions is vulnerable when it's being summoned and it doesn't have that much HP.

I'm having a little trouble understanding how stats works for weapons. I'm curious about upgrading my +2 Raw Broadsword, and I'm looking at the stats chart for the weapon.

At +10 Fire, it does 184 physical and 184 fire damage. Does that mean it combines both values, so in the end it would be 368 total damage? (Or less, if people have fire resistance?)

I'll most likely end up going for +10 Raw, because 292 raw damage looks like it would help.

Raw means your weapon has absolutely no stat scaling. Unless you don't plan to put any points into STR or DEX, Raw is a terrible endgame choice. And even if you don't put points into STR, or DEX, then you'd probably be better off using a weapon that scaled with a stat you ARE using (INT, FAITH, etc).

And yeah, elemental weapons go through two separate damage calculations against an enemy for the final result. If an enemy has high fire resistance, that 184 phys/184 fire will only be really benefiting from the physical portion.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Anyone else with a glitched Ember form? I didn't change armor. I am in Ember form. But there's no more fire on me since the last area I was in. It's just gone.

Ah. The game is brilliant. I found my "glitch"
It's the untrue dark ring. What tripped me up is that I could still see my embers in the cutscenes.

jett

D-Member
OMG the fucking abyss watchers (second stage). I had that motherfucker to literaly one percent of his life. A mere sliver. I died. I'm not even sure how I got him to that point. I feel like I'm playing wrong. Can you parry his attacks? Can someone recommend a strong and fast weapon btw? I have dozens but I'm still using my Sellsword Twin Sword LOL, sharp +4, deals 201 damage. Uchigatana +4 deals 203, but it's much slower.

sn00zer

Just need a yes or no/ short answer.... trying to play the game as blind as possible.

Do the estus shards do anything other than upgrade your flask? I have like 6 flasks and another shard, and Im doing fine game-wise and feel like I could save the shard if I needed it somewhere else.

OMG the fucking
abyss watchers
(second stage). I had that motherfucker to literaly one percent of his life. A mere sliver. I died. I'm not even sure how I got him to that point. I feel like I'm playing wrong. Can you parry his attacks?

Yep, you can parry and backstab him.

Just need a yes or no/ short answer.... trying to play the game as blind as possible.

Do the estus shards do anything other than upgrade your flask? I have like 6 flasks and another shard, and Im doing fine game-wise and feel like I could save the shard if I needed it somewhere else.

No.

sixghost

OMG the fucking abyss watchers (second stage). I had that motherfucker to literaly one percent of his life. A mere sliver. I died. I'm not even sure how I got him to that point. I feel like I'm playing wrong. Can you parry his attacks?

The safest way to play him is just wait for a combo that ends in the jumping spin attack. It's extremely telegraphed and an easy backstab if you dodge towards him.

Trace

Banned

Nop.

dmr87

Just beat the
Princes
after a wipefest. Have fun trying to use any other item than Estuses if you are soloing. And the real buttclench moment is the phase transition, you better be on point with positioning and dodging.

Now back to the
Nameless King

dragn

OMG the fucking abyss watchers (second stage). I had that motherfucker to literaly one percent of his life. A mere sliver. I died. I'm not even sure how I got him to that point. I feel like I'm playing wrong. Can you parry his attacks? Can someone recommend a strong and fast weapon btw? I have dozens but I'm still using my Sellsword Twin Sword LOL, sharp +4, deals 201 damage. Uchigatana +4 deals 203, but it's much slower.

do you have a bit into str too?
i used a ultra greatsword and the boss was on ground after every strong attack

Citadel

Raw means your weapon has absolutely no stat scaling. Unless you don't plan to put any points into STR or DEX, Raw is a terrible endgame choice. And even if you don't put points into STR, or DEX, then you'd probably be better off using a weapon that scaled with a stat you ARE using (INT, FAITH, etc).

And yeah, elemental weapons go through two separate damage calculations against an enemy for the final result. If an enemy has high fire resistance, that 184 phys/184 fire will only be really benefiting from the physical portion.

Thank you for the response! I've been pumping points into Vigor and Strength mostly - I haven't really dived into other builds, although I plan multiple playthroughs and at least trying different builds with DS3. Total noob when it comes to this stuff, but I'm trying to read up on guides to get a better grasp of the stats.

I figure I'll stop upgrading the Raw Sword and find one that can be infused with a Heavy Gem? That was it scales with my STR

jett

D-Member
Am I getting trolled with these illusory wall messages? My attacks don't do shit, lol. They have hundreds of likes...

Yep, you can parry and backstab him.

No.

Cool, thanks.

The safest way to play him is just wait for a combo that ends in the jumping spin attack. It's extremely telegraphed and an easy backstab if you dodge towards him.

Yeah I've been trying that I think. Not much backstab, but rolling into him. His attacks have MASSIVE range and he even stops the combo midway at times.

do you have a bit into str too?
i used a ultra greatsword and the boss was on ground after every strong attack

Yeah I can use
Astora's Greatsword
, I guess. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom