• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I've been working on irythil dungeon all fuckin day... died 4 times now on the fucking sleeping giant trying to get by him.

HeelPower

So some speculation about the location of Firelink in relation to the High wall of lothric: Is it pretty much on one side of the high wall with undead settlment being on the opposite side ?

The giant castle we see at the tutorial has got to be the high wall right?

goblin

I'm not placing this last one in either category yet, but is there anyway to change stats once committed like in DS2? It would suck if I have to create a new character.

Yes.
The Rosaria's Fingers covenant in the Cathedral of the Deep will let you respec (and also change your appearance) a limited amount of times per game cycle in exchange for Pale Tongues. A few of these can be found throughout the game, but otherwise they're a covenant PvP reward. Note that joining the covenant fails a particular NPC questline, but if you're post-game it's probably not a big deal.

KingKong

Pontiff
is such a fun fight. Challenging but not too tough. I think one thing that really helps is that bosses have very reasonable health bars this time around so none of them feel like a slog

sora87

You don't have to fight any enemy on your way to him. Did you open the door or are you using the elevator shortcut?

I kept getting caught by something on the way there, either the fire or a dashing enemy lol. I used the door, but I managed to get him the 2nd try after I posted that actually, t
hanks to a lot of circling

I've been working on irythil dungeon all fuckin day... died 4 times now on the fucking sleeping giant trying to get by him.

Before that area there is a
room with a mimic
inside of it. After the room look to your right. One the crevices will have a whole in the floor. Drop down it and don't attack the giant. You can just walk by it and never fight it.

Jinjo

Yes.
The Rosaria's Fingers covenant in the Cathedral of the Deep will let you respec (and also change your appearance) a limited amount of times per game cycle in exchange for Pale Tongues. A few of these can be found throughout the game, but otherwise they're a covenant PvP reward. Note that joining the covenant fails a particular NPC questline, but if you're post-game it's probably not a big deal.

Which NPC questline does this fail?

This a
ncient
d
ragon
fight is the stupidest shit.
I've gone up to the spot four times now and plunge down to my death each time.
If this is the final boss in the Dark Souls series, then they sure picked a wet fart to go out on.

Yes.

Cheers. I might go ahead and do that. I want to go the the dancer build and I'll need to change some stats for that.

Oxn

Im in the swamp area, and I dunno where to go next.

I read the things on the floor and it say to extinguish 3 fires?

Help, i dunno where to go. Im in Farron's keep.

Kalentan

Okay do some enemy players have unlimited stamina? Me and my friend just got invaded by 2 players who legit never stopped running or attacking. They never ran out of stamina in any fight and we could never hit them.

Hikami

Woot, got 30 of the blue sentinels covenant item. I can finally move on now lol.
http://i.imgur.com/81uAa0O.jpg
--
Since people seem to have trouble getting summoned here's what I've been doing:

Stay under level 30 and your highest weapon +2 or lower (+1 if
boss
weapon)
I tried doing this covenant on my first character but I leveled her past 30 and stopped getting summoned then.

Hang around the U
ndead
S
ettlement
area and just wait to get summoned. It's pretty simple.
Easier to get summoned early on in the game when people are problably embered from beating the boss previous to that area and only have the Way of the Blue covenant mark.

It's pretty fun pvp too. Especially when there's multiple invaders.
http://i.imgur.com/9j9a9a5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HsJqGZ6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1DGIcJd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M0CVlQ2.jpg

This a
ncient
d
ragon
If this is the final boss in the Dark Souls series, then they sure picked a wet fart to go out on.

Are you on DS2 or DS3? I've not seen a
Ancient Dragon
in DS3.

Woot, got 30 of the blue sentinels covenant item. I can finally move on now lol.
http://i.imgur.com/81uAa0O.jpg
--
Since people seem to have trouble getting summoned here's what I've been doing:

Stay under level 30 and your highest weapon +2 or lower (+1 if
boss
weapon)
I tried doing this covenant on my first character but I leveled her past 30 and stopped getting summoned then.

Hang around the U
ndead
S
ettlement
area and just wait to get summoned. It's pretty simple.
Easier to get summoned early on in the game when people are problably embered from beating the boss previous to that area and only have the Way of the Blue covenant mark.

It's pretty fun pvp too. Especially when there's multiple invaders.
http://i.imgur.com/9j9a9a5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HsJqGZ6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1DGIcJd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M0CVlQ2.jpg
I would make a new character to do that. But I think for the trophy, a single character need to have all the socrceries and you can't trade magic as well :/ I could be wrong..

Boogdud

Keep strafing so the red ghosts don't hit you, get a few hits in after dodging the stomps. If no ghosts come out after it attacks, it means there's an AoE coming and you should dodge away.

I'd say avoid them, but the loot is worth it. Especially where
you find 3 of them together...

Or just put a fire between them and yourself and they'll kill themselves on it in about 2 seconds.

DSmalls84

So what are some of the best weapons for Strength, Quality and Dex builds? So far the only two I have upgraded are the Battle Axe and Butcher's Knife.

pa22word

So what are some of the best weapons for Strength, Quality and Dex builds? So far the only two I have upgraded are the Battle Axe and Butcher's Knife.

In PVE it doesn't really matter anymore due to heavy/sharp infusion. Just level whatever you want and make up the difference with an infusion.

Haven't played the game yet but is it true that an Intelligence / Magic build isn't really a viable option? Thought I read that shortly after the game released in Japan.

Adry9

Anyone else beat the optional
Old Demon King
and thought it was a poor boss? It was so frustrating for me: constant stuns, combos that would kill you with full health, poor camera, his body blocking or moving you so you couldn't avoid attacks...

Erheller

E92 M3

So I've just (finally) managed to beat A
ldrich
and I have no clue where to go or what to do. There seems to be no way out in the boss room. Any ideas?

You have to go to the dungeons. Go back to Yorshka church, go through the ghost house, and then you will find an entrance at the end of the water.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This a
ncient
d
ragon

do a running jump and attack, dont just fall down and attack. dont ask me why that works, I guess because its to be cinematic and epic? >_>

and thats not the last boss of that zone, let alone the game (well I assume you already finisht he game and you went there last?)

Chorazin

I'm really hating bosses that are multiple enemies.

Haven't played the game yet but is it true that an Intelligence / Magic build isn't really a viable option? Thought I read that shortly after the game released in Japan.

I'm trying to play as a spellsword character (high Int, Dex, and Stamina) and I'm having a very rough go of it.

Attunement is absolute horseshit and needs to be patched. Level 10 for one spell, level 14 for two, level 18 for 3? So if I want the bare minimum to make pyromancy worth it, I need to waste 8-10 levels just to get the slots.

Complete and utter horseshit. It should be like 8 -> 10 -> 12.

Actually, given that my warrior started with 6 in attunement, that's 12 fucking levels. Or 8 to have two pyromancies, which is essential given the limited uses.

Xeteh

So I beat the game last night and I'm curious why people think this is one of the easier Souls games. Had more trouble with regular enemies in this game than I did most bosses in the last couple From games.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
And done! 34 hours in-game (minus about 3 - 4 hours for dinner so about 30 hours) and level 98. I loved it, it was definitely a bit easier than I was expecting, but I guess I have finished Bloodborne and I have played Dark Souls I, so I wasn't going in completely blind. I did all of the bosses solo without NPCs or co-op and most of them I did even without Ember because I'm a bit of numpty (started using one as a big heal later on which really helped on the last boss).

Overall it looked, ran, sounded and played beautifully on my PC. Zero crashes and 60fps 99% of the time, the only real issue being the autosave stutter. I'm shocked at just how well it ran, they really did put a lot of effort into the PC version it seems and I'm glad they did as I enjoyed this so much more than Bloodborne because of how smooth and responsive it was.

9/10

Keep strafing so the red ghosts don't hit you, get a few hits in after dodging the stomps. If no ghosts come out after it attacks, it means there's an AoE coming and you should dodge away.

I'd say avoid them, but the loot is worth it. Especially where
you find 3 of them together...

Yep. Get some height by jumping off the root of the tree, while running of course.

Wait...do all of them drop stuff?! I only fought the spoiler.

Oh ffs, that's bollocks.

5 free levels my fucking hoop. FROM you horrible cunts.

But you don't need to cure it at all. I'm a bit confused what the issue is.

If you just want to look human, just buy purging stones for 4.5k each.

Did I just fuck up the Yoel quest line?

I read on the wiki that healing a curse before you receive five free levels from him will result in his death.

Is that true?
Healing the curse at all ruins that quest line.

J_Viper

Did I just fuck up the Yoel quest line?

I read on the wiki that healing a curse before you receive five free levels from him will result in his death.

Is that true?

do a running jump and attack, dont just fall down and attack. dont ask me why that works, I guess because its to be cinematic and epic? >_>

and thats not the last boss of that zone, let alone the game (well I assume you already finisht he game and you went there last?)

Haven't finished it yet, good to hear that's not the final boss.

Brakke

Banned
Enough STR now to one-hand wield the short-hafted Great Axe. Now I need to dump some levels into Stamina so I can get more than three swings out of it, lol.

Are there ways to respec without doing that invasion covenant? Now that I have gear and I'm comfortable, I'd like to ditch a bunch of stats I'm not using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom