• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunk3rvd

Trying to spoil as little as possible but just met
Yoel
and on being offered his services, I knew there had to be some major implications so I just read his wiki page along with the pages for dark sigil and hollowing. How best to proceed with him? Jump straight in and start taking the free levels or wait till a bit later (but before I enter the
catacombs
)?

Tak3n

Banned
Right, I have tried The Abyss Watchers 30 times now. I'm giving up, this boss is absolutely ridiculous and I can't beat it. I just don't have the skill. First phase is fine but the second is completely impossible. He closes the distance in a nanosecond and his attack range is the length of a motorway. I have gotten to this part 10 times and have only hit him twice, on both of those occasions he killed me straight away.

If I block him my stamina goes immediately and then he kills me
If I try to roll around him he uses a sweeping attack and then he kills me
If I try to use my flask he uses the opportunity to close the distance and then he kills me

I spent 3 grand on a TV last year, and I was dangerously close to putting my foot thru it. I tried. I'm not good enough for this game.

Fuck this game
Fuck Miyazaki
Fuck FROM
Fuck Sony
Fuck everyone
Fuck you
Fuck me
and Fuck Konami as well I suppose.

Try to summon some help mate, essentially that is what it is there for..... some bosses just kick ass, I remember the optional boss in BB, kicked my ass so many times, I resorted to summoning.... there is no shame in getting help

Hakkuei

Something is seriously messed up with summoning on PC. I've done 3 bosses now where as a phantom the boss doesn't even attack me or do damage at all if I run into them. I also cant see anyone else's moves/gestures. Very weird... anyone else seeing this?

Yep it's broken. Hosts, phantoms and even bosses can be completely static. Not really fun when it's an invader and you can't even see his attacks.
Sometimes it's also impossible to enter fog gates after being summoned. Happened to me so many times yesterday at the A
byss Watchers
. At some point I was stuck outside with another phantom so we ended up fighting invaders while the host was getting mauled to death by the boss. Fun times.

mstevens

WHAT, WHERE'S THE LTTP. I love reading those :D.

EDIT: Oh, you LTTP'ed Demon's. Good shit, good shit. Reading it now.

Yeah I felt it would be in bad taste if I started two LTTP back to back... I might add a post in that thread though about my Dark Souls experience. Spoiler: it's amazing.

Half the people are complaining that the game is too easy and half the people complaining that it's too hard. I think Fromsoft really got the difficulty right for this one!

Artdayne

I finished off NG with the gotthard twinswords and continued through the first five bosses of NG+ with them, I'm having a hard time finding other melee weapons that compete with them.

myco666

Almost done with Pale Tongues. Does anyone know if -Covenant spoilers-
Rosario needs to be alive to get the covenant rewards?

iddqd

Had read so much about the guy with the two swords
(magic/fire)
that I was peeing my pants when he attacked.
Beat him on the second try, its all about the right kind of build I think.

Blocking and a fast small sword was all it needed.

Those guys in that dungeon tho
(that remove your health bar)
... not a fan!

rdytoroll

The credits rolled for me just a few minutes ago and I kinda feel sad that it's over. It was a fantastic journey all the way through. I needed 36 hours for my playthrough.

I think I found my GOTY already and it's not even May, but what could be better than this? The level design, the story/lore, the variety in enemies, the amazing bosses. Everything is great about this game. I didn't feel that it was as difficult as Bloodborne (and the very difficult DLC), but you kind of expect what happens in these games after you play a few of them. So now the choice is between NG+ or a NG as shieldless DEX, Pyro or something else. I might just leave this character (STR with Shield) for the DLC, which I cant wait for.

This journey is far from over after all.

BizzyBum

Question regarding dark sigil, spoilers just in case.

I acquired all 5 free levels of Yoel and he died and Yuria showed up. My dark sigil is level 5 and I have 20 points in hallow. How exactly am I affected by this? If I heal with the fire keeper, does it erase my dark sigils or just my hallow? I assume I want 0 hallow.

Okay, I can't beat the fucking
Deacons of the Deep
because I need to stop curse buildup, but I don't remember how it was done in previous games. So what do I need?

Okay, I can't beat the fucking
Deacons of the Deep
because I need to stop curse buildup, but I don't remember how it was done in previous games. So what do I need?

Kill the guys casting the curse field. Basically take the time to kill anyone who looks like they're doing some shady shit up in the air.

Question regarding dark sigil, spoilers just in case.

I acquired all 5 free levels of Yoel and he died and Yuria showed up. My dark sigil is level 5 and I have 20 points in hallow. How exactly am I affected by this? If I heal with the fire keeper, does it erase my dark sigils or just my hallow? I assume I want 0 hallow.

It is related
to that questline. You can follow Yoel and Yuria's questline if you want. If you get the firekeeper to remove the dark sigil, then their questline will be over. The hollow is apart of their questline as mention and it doesnt really affect anything mechanic besides the questline.

Neoweee

I finished off NG with the gotthard twinswords and continued through the first five bosses of NG+ with them, I'm having a hard time finding other melee weapons that compete with them.

Yeah, they are pretty good. I guess the I******* Straight Sword if you want to two-hand rather than dual wield.

Are they the fat guys or is it random?

Didn't pay close enough attention to know if it's random or specific; the ones I noticed were always skinny. There are three (I think) spells being cast in phase 2:

1. Fireballs
2. The big blue orb projectile
3. Curse field

If they're not 1 or 2, and it looks like they're casting something, they're 3.

BizzyBum

It is related
to that questline. You can follow Yoel and Yuria's questline if you want. If you get the firekeeper to remove the dark sigil, then their questline will be over. The hollow is apart of their questline as mention and it doesnt really affect anything mechanic besides the questline.

Oh okay, thanks. I'll just keep it then.

The solution:
don't lock on to him.
His attacks can't handle rolling lol.

Constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY be on the move and roll away from his attacks. When he goes in for that insane 3-move long reach flame combo attack, roll right toward him and to the side during the final strike when he brings his sword crashing down.

Then hit him once or twice in that 1-2 second window. This is when he is most vulnerable to attacks. Then roll away and repeat. It'll take time, but this is what did him in for me on the 15th attempt.

What a beautiful, amazing fight. My heart was pounding. The controller was sweaty. A+

DasFool

Is anyone having luck with the automatic invasion covenants? I've gone through two areas with Watchdogs of Farron equipped and have gotten nothing. Those rewards seem like they'll be impossible to get at this rate.

NG+, level 107.

Darak

I've restarted the game 3 times and am now on my 3rd character and final character. You know how after you kill the first boss your outfit glows and looks like it's slightly on fire? That didn't happen to my current character for some reason, it still looks the same as in the beginning :(

It is more noticeable depending on your gear, and you lose it as soon as you die. You can get it again using one of those Ember objects you have. This is one of the most central mechanics of the game, you'd figure it out eventually.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I've restarted the game 3 times and am now on my 3rd character and final character. You know how after you kill the first boss your outfit glows and looks like it's slightly on fire? That didn't happen to my current character for some reason, it still looks the same as in the beginning :(

Happened to me too. When I'm in Ember form there's no fire on me anymore. T_T

Hellix

Fucking A
ldrich
and its
continuous arrow rain
. She had a pixel of health left and I rushed in as she was doing that annoying shit. We killed each other but I guess I got my attack in first since I still got the boss soul and was embered when I respawned at bonfire.

Plum

Holy fucking shit this game is good. I just got to A
nor Londo and did not expect that at all. I thought it would just be something different but nope, it's the exact same place. Seeing the Giant Blacksmith dead and meeting Priscilla is amazing. I dread to find what's behind Ornstein and Smough's fog door.

(MASSIVE SPOILERS for what I think to be mid-game stuff)

The credits rolled for me just a few minutes ago and I kinda feel sad that it's over. It was a fantastic journey all the way through. I needed 36 hours for my playthrough.

I think I found my GOTY already and it's not even May, but what could be better than this? The level design, the story/lore, the variety in enemies, the amazing bosses. Everything is great about this game. I didn't feel that it was as difficult as Bloodborne (and the very difficult DLC), but you kind of expect what happens in these games after you play a few of them. So now the choice is between NG+ or a NG as shieldless DEX, Pyro or something else. I might just leave this character (STR with Shield) for the DLC, which I cant wait for.

This journey is far from over after all.

Nothing is going to beat this as my GOTY 2016. What a sublime, brilliant work of art.

FROM really didn't have to make the game "this" good, but they did. What dedication and vision.

Timeaisis

Guys, I haven't seen any funny boss gifs like we had for Bloodborne.

42b.gif

What gives.

Zocano

So does sorcery still suck shit? I keep mulling over a heavy INT/FTH build for pyromancy, sorcery, hex fun but might just try something else

Persona7

Banned
Is anyone having luck with the automatic invasion covenants? I've gone through two areas with Watchdogs of Farron equipped and have gotten nothing. Those rewards seem like they'll be impossible to get at this rate.

NG+, level 107.

They never stop for me. I've invaded at least 80 different games over the last three days on just the PS4 version alone. My Ps4 character has a low level though and I haven't tried covenant invasions on the PC version in a few days. not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Quick question for
Farron's keep.
Is there any poison resistance ring I can buy or find anywhere? Right now I can only buy the poison moss but that is in limited quantity.

You can equip dagger or another weapon whose weapon art gives you the Bloodborne dodge. Use that to move e through the swamp faster. Poison damage is so negligible in this game. I never healed it and just Estus'd every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom