• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

DedValve

Banned
Can't seem to find any information online on looking human. Its very different from previous soul games.

EDIT: Apparently there are multiple levels of hallowing? I can't seem to find any concrete information on how this system works.

Ok thanks. I've never played an RPG that tells you so little. I had to watch a YouTube video last night, 16 hours into the game, to figure out the keyboard controls for using a weapon skill. It took me about 10 hours into the game to figure out how to jump. (*_*)

Swap to a controller of some sort. It's the only way I can play.

MilkBeard

Damn, just arrived at
Anor Londo

Pretty cool, makes me grin a bit. And the silver knights near the front door fucked my shit up, lol.

I skipped
Sullyvahn's Dungeon, or whatever it was called
for now because those damned maggot creatures were pissing me off. I'll have to head back that way. Definitely has Tower of Latria vibes.

Damn, just arrived at
Anor Londo

Pretty cool, makes me grin a bit. And the silver knights near the front door fucked my shit up, lol.

I skipped
Sullyvahn's Dungeon, or whatever it was called
for now because those damned maggot creatures were pissing me off. I'll have to head back that way. Definitely has Tower of Latria vibes.

You are damn right about them vibes. You have to go down there to get to
The Profaned Chapple

Grief.exe

0-30% for fast roll and the most i-frames for your roll, 30-50% for the fast roll and less i-frames than <30 tier, over 70 for fat roll. You can still fast roll if you are in the 60s, with fewer i-frames.

Edit- multiple people posted this info before, so I am going to go with this until proven otherwise.

Thanks for the info.

So as long as I hit 30 I'm fine, or do I have to be at 29.9?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm dying laughing at the number of streams of this I've seen where they don't level or sell a ton of shit in the beginning just to buy the 20000 key and go
"well that was disappointing"
No shit dude, there's a reason it costs 20000, you're not supposed to get it then.
"Not supposed" to...? Nothing to indicate it's for later in the game at all. I usually get it as soon as possible to access the extra shard, ring,and the special armour you can get by trading up there.

Tarkus

If I'm going for a quality build eventually, should I go ahead and infuse my Lothric Knight Sword with the refined stone now (SL 24, Undead Settlement) or wait until later?

Mandelbo

Anyone? I've never done PvP in these games.

Yes, Leonard in the Firelink Shrine gives you
a key to a lift in the High Wall which takes you to a room with a darkwraith in it. The darkwraith drops a red eye orb which can be used infinitely. I'm not completely sure of the conditions under which he gives you the key, though - I was in the Rosaria's Fingers covenant when he did but I'm not sure if that made a difference.

Rurunaki

The fuck is going on in this shithole
how in the fuck Im supposed to survive to 3 assholes than drains my health

Man this area is scary as fuck. More than Upper Cathedral Ward IMO.

Welcome to the Tower of Latria/Brain Trust/Jail Wardens area of the game.

Started this today...lol

I get into this cycle where I buy these souls games, they kick my ass immediately and then I quit.

7 months later, I start it again and get through the whole thing in marathon sessions.

My Souls shwag is all screwed up after bloodborne. I'm being waaay too aggressive.

Swap to a controller of some sort. It's the only way I can play.

I know, I really should. I was gonna buy a wired Xbox 360 controller a while back, since I heard it was the best option for PC gaming. That was before the Steam controller came out though. The biggest issue is that I'm a cheap bastard and it's hard to justify buying a controller for 1 game.

Menome

Anyone? I've never done PvP in these games.

Yes. You can get it near the start of the game. Don't know if the NPC is still at the Shrine by the end of the game:

Up by Lothric's chair is Leonhard(?) who eventually gives you a mini-quest to kill an enemy in High Wall of Lothric, near to the second bonfire. The enemy drops a non-cracked Red Eye Orb.

If the NPC has moved on though, you've probably missed it until NG+.

Ricker

Holy shit,I actually saw an Illusionary wall message that was true lol...Fallon Keep spoiler question
extinguished 2 of the flames but cant seem to find the third one...I did reach a long ladder that led me in the room with the dragon asking to join covenant and saw a platform to go up or down I guess but had to stop..is the third one up there...?

Holy shit,I actually saw an Illusionary wall message that was true lol...Fallon Keep spoiler question
extinguished 2 of the flames but cant seem to find the third one...I did reach a long ladder that led me in the room with the dragon asking to join covenant and saw a platform to go up or down I guess but had to stop..is the third one up there...?

No. Up there is optional.

Quikies83

18 hours in and I'm a bit lost on where to go. The last bonfire I've hit was the one after fighting
yhorm
and the only other place I have is
Anor Londo where Aldrich is raping me
. Am I missing something or do I have to go ahead and keep dying to
Aldrich
?

The fuck is going on in this shithole
how in the fuck Im supposed to survive to 3 assholes than drains my health

Man this area is scary as fuck. More than Upper Cathedral Ward IMO.

The trick is to either sneak past them, run past them, or kill them quick. In at least 1 case you can to the first, in most cases the third, and in the last case you need to just run. I had no long range weapons, so running was the only legit strategy.

Also
Did anyone notice if you let the monsters out of the cages where most of the jailers were, they would attack the jailers. That was awesome!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No. Third is east of the gate. You might aggro that goddamn sage though so be careful.

acsn

Question about C
athedral of the
D
eep

What is the point of the bridges you raise? They don't seem to be for walking across

Late game Boss spoilers!

there's a shield called great tree crest or something with 83% lightning reduction. I think it's at lothric castle. Anyway he has some really heavy hits in the second phase so blocking is a bad idea anyway. Those hits are pretty easy to dodge though, especially compared to Abyss Watchers or Gundyr. Maybe your nerves are messing with your timing, I dunno. The name of the game is to be relentless (smart relentless) dodge his very short combos and tag him with two hits. If you hit him enough you'll get him into a riposte animation where toy can take off another significant amount of his health. Basically the more you respect him the worse it's gonna go for you. Pretend you're playing Bloodborne :D

Did it! Could not get dodging to work so I did Dragonslayer Armor Boss first. The shield you get for the soul has 95% lightning absorb. Tanked the fucker down.Thanks for the advice!

Ogawa-san

Screwed myself out the
hollow
ending simply because
I didn't talk to Anri before getting to the rope bridge. Now he's in neither places anymore

There goes 10h and my will to keep playing.

DedValve

Banned
Can't seem to find any information online on looking human. Its very different from previous soul games.

EDIT: Apparently there are multiple levels of hallowing? I can't seem to find any concrete information on how this system works.

Anyone can help me out in understanding this system?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. Red Eye Orb (not cracked). Not sure where you are and how much you're okay with me spoiling.

There is.
It's dropped by a darkwraith found at the bottom of the lift under the Tower on the Wall bonfire in High Wall of Lothric after following Leonhard's questline.

Cheers boys, I've finished the game and I actually have
the key, so I just need to run there and grab it!

Now, what are the best bonfires to gank people at? :D

Found a purple summoning sign. I don't want to co-op but it said it was a mad phantom so I figured it would lead to a duel. So I summoned them. I'm not sure what happened. I could lock onto them as if they were an enemy, but they attacked some regular enemies for me. I didn't want help to clear the level though so I attacked them, which led to a fight I won quite easily.

Not sure what those purple phantoms are about? Are they friends or enemies? Was fun to do some pvp though

Cheers boys, I've finished the game and I actually have
the key, so I just need to run there and grab it!

Now, what are the best bonfires to gank people at? :D

Gank, I dunno, but a lot of high level duel action happens at I
rithyll.

Found a purple summoning sign. I don't want to co-op but it said it was a mad phantom so I figured it would lead to a duel. So I summoned them. I'm not sure what happened. I could lock onto them as if they were an enemy, but they attacked some regular enemies for me. I didn't want help to clear the level though so I attacked them, which led to a fight I won quite easily.

Not sure what those purple phantoms are about? Are they friends or enemies? Was fun to do some pvp though

Purple is you gambling. It can be someone wanting to co-op, or someone wanting to duel, or someone wanting to pretend to co-op and then murdering you when your guard is down.

goblin

I don't know why I haven't been able to crack this over multiple games, but can someone fill me if poison weapons can ever actually be good? I infused my sellswords with poison because I figured, hey, faster hits, rack up the poison meter, might be good for large enemies or bosses! But it seems like I can never actually poison anything...

I used poison arrows on a few of the larger, non-respawning enemies in the game. I also tried using rotten pine resin for various bosses when doing co-op but the only one I found it to be useful on was
Champion Gundyr.

Thanks for the info.

So as long as I hit 30 I'm fine, or do I have to be at 29.9?

Assuming the 30 breakpoint works like the 70 one, hitting 30% on the dot will still let you get the best roll.

Ricker

Anyone can help me out in understanding this system?

This isnt official but from what I read here since the game is out,it is needed for a good ending and its only cosmetic in the sense it wont screw you over anything spectacular...

Like you though,still not sure so I only used 2 free level ups from him/her so far...

J_Viper

Him dying doesn't ruin the quest line. Healing the curse does. At any point if you heal that curse before the end of the quest line, it's done.

pezgM.gif

Oh well, thanks anyway

DedValve

Banned
This isnt official but from what I read here since the game is out,it is needed for a good ending and its only cosmetic in the sense it wont screw you over anything spectacular...

Like you though,still not sure so I only used 2 free level ups from him/her so far...

I think I used like 3-4.

Mandelbo

18 hours in and I'm a bit lost on where to go. The last bonfire I've hit was the one after fighting
yhorm
and the only other place I have is
Anor Londo where Aldrich is raping me
. Am I missing something or do I have to go ahead and keep dying to
Aldrich
?

Yup, you gotta kill
Aldrich
to progress. Here's my fight if it helps at all: https://youtu.be/Qvp3hSRUjys

My tips:
- The orbs he sends out do very little damage, so don't focus on them as much - unless they all home in on you at once.
- In the first phase, he only shoots arrows directly in front of him. In the second phase, make sure to get as much distance between him as you can, then run towards him, making sure to keep him in your sight the whole time in case he shoots a beam at you.
- A shield with high magic resistance is also useful.

Plum

So the last boss I defeated was A
ldrich
and I'm currently at the
Profaned Capital
. How long before I start getting Titanite Chunks?

My Heavy Claymore+5 is just waiting to be upgraded but I just keep getting Large Titanite Shards.

Jobbs

Banned
I killed that giant with arrows from the ground floor. It only dropped titanite if I remember correctly.

he's just hard because of the cramped space, it's hard to reliably dodge in that tight space and he does so much fucking damage

not ognna bother with him though

Mandelbo

So the last boss I defeated was A
ldrich
and I'm currently at the
Profaned Capital
. How long before I start getting Titanite Chunks?

My Heavy Claymore+5 is just waiting to be upgraded but I just keep getting Large Titanite Shards.

Not too long, just another area away until they start appearing regularly iirc. You still need large shards to upgrade from +5, though.

Quikies83

Yup, you gotta kill
Aldrich
to progress. Here's my fight if it helps at all: https://youtu.be/Qvp3hSRUjys

My tips:
- The orbs he sends out do very little damage, so don't focus on them as much - unless they all home in on you at once.
- In the first phase, he only shoots arrows directly in front of him. In the second phase, make sure to get as much distance between him as you can, then run towards him, making sure to keep him in your sight the whole time in case he shoots a beam at you.
- A shield with high magic resistance is also useful.
Great info. Very helpful.
His second phase has been where I struggle.

Regarding equip burden: I've heard about breakpoints at 30 to 70 percent. Is it like II where you get gradual improvement in between 30 and 70 or are they hard breakpoints like in the first game?

I'm not sure what the etiquette is for them, sorry. Personally I'd wait to see what they want to do, but I don't summon period, so I don't know first hand.

Hm, but then how would I know if they are just pretending to help me? I'm interested in dueling and not in coop. Maybe I should stop caring about etiquette and just do whatever I want. I didn't really get anything for killing them though, so I wonder if there's anything in it for me in summoning them.

Regarding equip burden: I've heard about breakpoints at 30 to 70 percent. Is it like II where you get gradual improvement in between 30 and 70 or are they hard breakpoints like in the first game?

Hm, but then how would I know if they are just pretending to help me? I'm interested in dueling and not in coop. Maybe I should stop caring about etiquette and just do whatever I want. I didn't really get anything for killing them though, so I wonder if there's anything in it for me in summoning them.

I would just stay away from purples then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom