• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erheller

There are towers that have flames at the top of them. There are urns with fire at the base of them, which you can put out (and also puts out the flames at the top of the towers).

It can be difficult to see the towers because of the foliage - there's a way to get on top of the bridge spanning the area to get a good vantage point and see where the towers generally are.

Hey all. I have Dark Souls III ready to go, but it's been a while since I've completed one and two so I would like to take a dive into the lore before getting started on this one. What are some of the best videos for that out there? Thanks.

But you don't need to cure it at all. I'm a bit confused what the issue is.

If you just want to look human, just buy purging stones for 4.5k each.

Life saver. So are there no drawbacks at all besides the look? That's what's bothering me, i've been wasting a ring slot with the look-human ring.

The Lamp

I need advice.

I'm early in the game and I chose Assassin. I'm trying to build up magic because I used to always play Melee. But it seems like there aren't any decent spells at the beginning but soul arrow and you can't really beat any of these mobs by standing behind and soul arrowing them, so I have to balance Melee and Magic for now.

What skills should I invest in? Intelligence + Strength + Vitality or what?

I feel like I'm wasting my souls.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an unlimited use item to invade? I kinda wanna try some PvP now that I've finished the game.

Ferr986

Just entered the D
ungeon. Grabbed a random item and it played a loud ass scream. I fucking jumped.

I'm going to have a rough time here, right?

Chorazin

I need advice.

I'm early in the game and I chose Assassin. I'm trying to build up magic because I used to always play Melee. But it seems like there aren't any decent spells at the beginning but soul arrow and you can't really beat any of these mobs by standing behind and soul arrowing them, so I have to balance Melee and Magic for now.

What skills should I invest in? Intelligence + Strength + Vitality or what?

I feel like I'm wasting my souls.

You'll get Heavy Soul Arrow soon enough, and it's great.

Dex fits fast swords.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just entered the D
ungeon. Grabbed a random item and it played a loud ass scream. I fucking jumped.

I'm going to have a rough time here, right?

nah its a lovely place, full of lovely people

Plum

Well, I've found the worst area of the game. I
rithyll
D
ungeons
. I've died about 5 times just trying to get past the
Giant
. Couple that with a goddamn army of
those curse creatures
when I thought there was going to be a shortcut. What a shitshow.

Im in the swamp area, and I dunno where to go next.

I read the things on the floor and it say to extinguish 3 fires?

Yep. Where you see the message telling you, go across the swamp and up the stairs. You can't miss them.

Okay do some enemy players have unlimited stamina? Me and my friend just got invaded by 2 players who legit never stopped running or attacking. They never ran out of stamina in any fight and we could never hit them.

There are two items that grant stamina gain increase. A ring and the crest shield. Other than that there are consumables the rapidly regain stamina.

Menome

Did I just fuck up the Yoel quest line?

I read on the wiki that healing a curse before you receive five free levels from him will result in his death.

Is that true?

Not quite.

Yoel dies no matter what, make sure you get the five levels done as soon as you can. Hollowing 22 is the number required for all five, I believe.

If you ever cure the Dark Sigil, quest is over. You can Purge the symptoms with a stone, but never cure it.

I'm dying laughing at the number of streams of this I've seen where they don't level or sell a ton of shit in the beginning just to buy the 20000 key and go
"well that was disappointing"
No shit dude, there's a reason it costs 20000, you're not supposed to get it then.

Xeteh

Well, I've found the worst area of the game. I
rithyll
D
ungeons
. I've died about 5 times just trying to get past the
Giant
. Couple that with a goddamn army of
those curse creatures
when I thought there was going to be a shortcut. What a shitshow.

Is that the area where the giant is sleeping on the ledge? If so, just drop down the hole to close to the entrance to that area. It puts you on the other side of him without waking him up.

Plum

Is that the area where the giant is sleeping on the ledge? If so, just drop down the hole to close to the entrance to that area. It puts you on the other side of him without waking him up.

Yeah that's it. And thank you, you are a literal lifesaver. Fuck that giant

Dsyndrome

Joined Rosaria's Figners, Sirris gets pissy. Guess I'm not joining Mound-Makers this go-around, screw your cryptic entry, selective-covenant ass.

Time to head to the Catacombs of Carthus, hope there isn't more plotlines I fuck up along the way.

I don't know why I haven't been able to crack this over multiple games, but can someone fill me if poison weapons can ever actually be good? I infused my sellswords with poison because I figured, hey, faster hits, rack up the poison meter, might be good for large enemies or bosses! But it seems like I can never actually poison anything...

Xeteh

No problem, was having the same issue until I looked in to one of those holes and realized what was going on. Glad I could help.

I don't know why I haven't been able to crack this over multiple games, but can someone fill me if poison weapons can ever actually be good? I infused my sellswords with poison because I figured, hey, faster hits, rack up the poison meter, might be good for large enemies or bosses! But it seems like I can never actually poison anything...

I can't really tell you about this in this game but in Dark Souls 2 I played a bow only playthrough and my strategy for most bosses was to pelt them with poison arrows until the damage started ticking and swap to something a bit heavier. I know some people would use a fast weapon to apply poison as well. It does take a good few hits though, so its hard to tell.

OMFG.. the dark sword drop rate must be .00002 or something ...😞

Wait, is that sword special? I killed some dude in the poison swamp area last night and he dropped a dark sword. I put it in my stash since I'm using a +3 Uchigatana. Should I switch to using the dark sword?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

dont forget to kill him down there for sweet revenge

Wait, is that sword special? I killed some dude in the poison swamp area last night and he dropped a dark sword. I put it in my stash since I'm using a +3 Uchigatana. Should I switch to using the dark sword?

no. Well I mean you can, but this isnt a mmo where some secret ultra rare sword is better than others. And the dark sword isnt even rare that dude is having bad luck, I got a ton when I was farming tongues

Chorazin

I don't want to summon again by the fucking A
byss
W
atchers
are tearing me up. Fuuuuucking hate this. I've never summoned for two boxes in a row before.

DPB

Well, that was annoying. I killed the
Crystal Sage
but died simultaneously. I was restored to Ember form anyway, but then died to a Watchdog of Farron trying to make my way back to the boss room to get my souls back, losing about 10000 souls permanently.

dragn

Joined Rosaria's Figners, Sirris gets pissy. Guess I'm not joining Mound-Makers this go-around, screw your cryptic entry, selective-covenant ass.

Time to head to the Catacombs of Carthus, hope there isn't more plotlines I fuck up along the way.

end of sirris quest is even worse
says shes loyal forever and then you are the enemy after joining rosaria LOL

Ferr986

The fuck is going on in this shithole
how in the fuck Im supposed to survive to 3 assholes than drains my health

Man this area is scary as fuck. More than Upper Cathedral Ward IMO.

Jobbs

Banned
Before that area there is a
room with a mimic
inside of it. After the room look to your right. One the crevices will have a whole in the floor. Drop down it and don't attack the giant. You can just walk by it and never fight it.

oh my god

thank you for this.. thank you..

savingprivateryan.jpeg

no. Well I mean you can, but this isnt a mmo where some secret ultra rare sword is better than others. And the dark sword isnt even rare that dude is having bad luck, I got a ton when I was farming tongues

Ok thanks. I've never played an RPG that tells you so little. I had to watch a YouTube video last night, 16 hours into the game, to figure out the keyboard controls for using a weapon skill. It took me about 10 hours into the game to figure out how to jump. (*_*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom