• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are some shields so ugly low-res?

darksoulsiii_2016_04_5bjye.png

That's a big step down from the texture quality of the shields in Dark Souls 1. The game is otherwhise really great looking, but some of these shields look way worse than in the first game.
Makes absolutely no sense.

goblin

I'm confused; I did the
catacombs
, killed
Wolnir
. Then went on to
Irithyll
, which eventually lead to the
Irithyll Dungeon
and then
Profaned Capital[/SPOILER where ]
Yhorm
was.

Where do I need to backtrack?
You're not finished with Irithyll of the Boreal Valley proper yet.

Brakke

Banned
So I somehow made it through Irithyll of the Boreal Valley and most of the way through Irithyll Dungeon, without encountering the boss for the former. Wonder where I missed him.

Did you ever see a painting of Gwyndolin? Warp to Distant Manor or whatever it's called, step back out into the water area, and look around there for a path you missed.

TheFlow

Banned
Yo
Irithyll of the Boreal
Valley

is hard as fuck, but doable. I just wanna get out of here but the farming is too good. hit 5 levels on the first two mobs.

Zafir

So, I invade and there's 3 guys waiting for me, this has happened a few times in the space of like 20 minutes, does no one play solo or what?

Pretty sure it prioritises people who have summoned.
Holy Fuck
Aldrich
is absolutely handing my ass to me. Any tips?

Dem arrows though :(
If you stay closer to her, the moveset is a little less tedious I found. The melee is pretty easy to dodge and gives you a lot of time afterwards to attack.

That said, for the arrows I just kept on the move, nearer the end of it I kept rolling due to the fact she usually sends some purple projectiles right at you so it dodges both.

dmr87

Nameless King
is really rustling my pants right now, the most annoying thing isn't even phase 2 itself but that you have to get through phase 1 every time. Phase 1 isn't that hard but it's just really annoying to keep track of him because of the scale.

Never give up, never surrender. Back in I go.

And he's gone.

TCNb.png

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If you're invading in pvp hotspots, then you're going to find groups a lot. Not everyone wants 1v1 duels.

Right, thanks. I've had some good fights and won most 1v1 which is nice. I don't understand all the colours though, and I don't know how or if it's balanced? It seems like I've missed something really fun though and I'm glad I decided to try it.

jett

D-Member
I feel like Ultra Greatswords are way too slow. Does anyone really use those things. Got a unique one from a transposed soul for curiosity's sake but eh I dunno. Back to my starting weapon.

Do you think we would lie to you?

Remember to also follow the "jump, hidden path ahead" ALL the times!

Yeah, you are. The annoying thing is there are actually illusory walls out there but I felt I saw 15 fake messages before finding one, I was starting to question if they were in the game.

And yeah, just attack to open it.

I actually just found an illusory wall all on my own yay. It was almost an accomplishment. :p

Cob32

I feel like Ultra Greatswords are way too slow. Does anyone really use those things. Got a unique one from a transposed soul for curiosity's sake but eh I dunno. Back to my starting weapon.

I think they're good for clearing levels since you can stun lock but always switch to something fast for bosses.

jett

D-Member
I think they're good for clearing levels since you can stun lock but always switch to something fast for bosses.

There's no way to make weapons swing faster right?

BTW is there a ring or something that speeds up stamina recovery? I really could use one of those. :p

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
If I want to quit for example, it doesn't come up as the default in the system menu. It just menus and submenus. Sometimes I need to toggle with R1/L1, sometimes it's the dpad. DS1/DS2 had it much simpler and better, imo.

Well the tabs are always R1/L1, right? I agree about the Quit thing, though I don't know if that counts as poorly designed rather than just different from the past games. I keep changing brightness accidentally instead of quitting ;_;

Citadel

BTW is there a ring or something that speeds up stamina recovery? I really could use one of those. :p

Chloranthy Ring.

You find it in the
Undead Settlement, after fighting the Fire Demon. Edit: my mistake - I can't exactly remember where, but you need to jump from the house to a ledge in that general area.

usp84

So about the Yh
orm fight.I feel that without Siegward i would have been screwed.I was barely doing any damage to him but the siegbru just destroyed him!Would i hit him harder if siegward wasnt with me?

The game justs keep getting better and better

So about the Yh
orm fight.I feel that without Siegward i would have been screwed.I was barely doing any damage to him but the siegbru just destroyed him!Would i hit him harder if siegward wasnt with me?

I think that Bosses get added HP when fighting them with summons. But yeah, it isn't even the damage, he just staggers him constantly, you don't even have to do anything.

mxgt

Banned
FUCKING P
ONTIFF
S
ULYVAHN
YO!

It took me 4 times before I could kill him, but I had to summon. What a great freaking fight it was.

It took me a full hour of solo attempts to learn it and get it down. Such a great feeling when he died.

Overall boss designs, themes and soundtracks in this game are the best in the series so far, imo.

Saw this earlier on Reddit. Might be of some interest to you.

So about the Yh

You should check
Yhorm's throne

MUnited83

For you.
So about the Yh

Yorhm is a gimmick boss. You need a certain weapon that is on the boss room, and you need to charge and use it's weapon art to do significant damage.

Demoskinos

Question related to the Cathedral
I met our devlish friend patches after he tricked me onto the bridge being disguised as onion bro. So...how the hell do I get that bridge up now? When I pull the level it raises one of the other bridges instead.
=\

Had to take two invaders by myself as a blue covenant, while the host and 2 dudes were hanging around I guess, thanks a bunch guys!

At least I got two items in one invasion.

They stagger the fuck out of everything.

But I guess is more a matter of what kind of playstyle you want. With good armor and superarmor mechanics they are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom