• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandelbo

So about the Yh
orm fight.I feel that without Siegward i would have been screwed.I was barely doing any damage to him but the siegbru just destroyed him!Would i hit him harder if siegward wasnt with me?

The game justs keep getting better and better

There's a sword in the back of the arena that you're meant to fight him with, you do next to no damage if you don't use it.

Ive only found the one in the "abandoned tomb" is that the closest to the boss?

If memory serves, you get to that from the fallen bridge, right? You missed an earlier bonfire than that, before the cave bit starts.

So about the Yh
orm fight.I feel that without Siegward i would have been screwed.I was barely doing any damage to him but the siegbru just destroyed him!Would i hit him harder if siegward wasnt with me?

Read the description of the weapon you find in his boss room.

gaugebozo

Trying to decide which class to roll. I loved cleric in DS 2, but the nerf broke my build.
1). Are offensive miracles worth it this time?

2). Are pyromancies any good?

Yorhm is a gimmick boss. You need a certain weapon that is on the boss room, and you need to charge and use it's weapon art to do significant damage.

Oh, so that's what the tooltip was for, I spent like 10 minutes trying to cut down the tree in firelink shrine with it since I didn't need it for the boss.

dealer-

So about the Yh

No.
There is a weapon in the arena called Storm Ruler, it's the only way to deal significant damage. It's pretty cool, shame the NPCs spoil it :p

Soulflarz

Banned
The poison in this game is so slow in this game, lasts a long long time, but does so little damage so it takes a while to be bothersome.

So I actually don't mind going through F
arren
K
eep

My logic
It's not even worth wasting the item on, it's like the slowest DoT ever

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Trying to decide which class to roll. I loved cleric in DS 2, but the nerf broke my build.

Pyromancies are great, offensive miracles aren't useful until fairly late in the game. You can't really lightning spear your way through this one sadly.

You could level both Int and Faith, use pyros for a majority of the game, then once you get the higher level miracles and have enough faith to use them, respec for just that. If you prefer them, anyway. I had about 40 int / faith by the end of the game and decided to try out some of the miracles, but preferred to remain using pyromancies.

Timeaisis

Is there some secret technique to beating the
Old Demon King
? I have no why idea why but I have immense trouble just staying alive, even in his first form. I can't get him past like 1/4. His attacks do like 3/4 of my health bar, and he frequently follows up with close-range stuff that insta-kills me.

goblin

Question related to the Cathedral
I met our devlish friend patches after he tricked me onto the bridge being disguised as onion bro. So...how the hell do I get that bridge up now? When I pull the level it raises one of the other bridges instead.
=\

Self-quote:
There's a lift in the second shortcut hallway leading from the Cathedral proper to the Cleansing Chapel bonfire. The lift takes you up to a tower, outside of which a ladder lets you climb higher and then move onto rooftops which eventually lead to where I think you're looking for.

Auctopus

Going through Irithyll Dungeon like
8319c4eac56c836fe8d23462dd6e63da.gif

hahahah

Ppl were saying Miracles were crap but ive made great use of them. The only downside is you wont many offensive miracles till 1/3 into the game. Also make sure you wear the miracle boosting rings and the ring that boosts cast speed.

usp84

I think that Bosses get added HP when fighting them with summons. But yeah, it isn't even the damage, he just staggers him constantly, you don't even have to do anything.

Yorhm is a gimmick boss. You need a certain weapon that is on the boss room, and you need to charge and use it's weapon art to do significant damage.

I see.I got the weapon now.

Damn i feel i missed a tought fight. Anyway at least i copmpleted his quest

Well fuck this game.

40 hours in, part way through second playthrough I find an area where the world hasn't loaded. Quit the game and now my save won't load.

Ffs.

Catvoca

Banned
I just got to I
rithyll
D
ungeon
and it seems kinda lame to me tbh. Like it's trying to evoke one of the greatest areas in the whole series but ends up paling in comparison to the original. It's sort of a problem I've had with parts of the game so far, it keeps giving me areas and encounters that are going "hey, remember this part from another Souls game?" But it's not really improving on or significantly adding to those areas or encounters, so why not try to just create something new? I preferred the way Dark Souls 2 handled it's references to the previous games, it felt a little more opaque.

Old Demon King
? I have no why idea why but I have immense trouble just staying alive, even in his first form. I can't get him past like 1/4. His attacks do like 3/4 of my health bar, and he frequently follows up with close-range stuff that insta-kills me.

There is if you don't mind him taking a bit of time.
Since the arena you fight him in is huge you can wait for the easiest attacks to go in. For the first phase it's the breathing fire attack, get in, 2-3 hits, get out, keep the distance, wait for him to do it again. Once he enters second form, wait for either the fire breathing attack or the meteor shower, get in 2-3 hits, get the fuck out. When he starts taping his mace on the ground multiple times in second phase get far away, and also when he is near death and falls down get away, it's a trick, then just go in and finish him.

gaugebozo

Pyromancies are great, offensive miracles aren't useful until fairly late in the game. You can't really lightning spear your way through this one sadly.

You could level both Int and Faith, use pyros for a majority of the game, then once you get the higher level miracles and have enough faith to use them, respec for just that. If you prefer them, anyway. I had about 40 int / faith by the end of the game and decided to try out some of the miracles, but preferred to remain using pyromancies.

Ppl were saying Miracles were crap but ive made great use of them. The only downside is you wont many offensive miracles till 1/3 into the game. Also make sure you wear the miracle boosting rings and the ring that boosts cast speed.

Thanks! I might go pyro and respec first

twisteh

There's a sword in the back of the arena that you're meant to fight him with, you do next to no damage if you don't use it.

If memory serves, you get to that from the fallen bridge, right? You missed an earlier bonfire than that, before the cave bit starts.

Found one, guessing thats it. Thanks!

vac

Neo Member
Old Demon King

Run up to him, he'll do a big horizontal swing, roll into him and hit once or twice and roll away. He'll either throw up some fire on ground or stomp it with his weapon. Roll away and come back in for hit or two, repeat until he goes enraged(it's like 3/4 health)....at this point it's basically just keep far away for him(circle the piles of demon bodies) and move in to attack once or twice between his attacks.

You can just keep your distance from him for ages and watch his attack pattern until you feel comfortable reading his abilities. He has no gap closer.

Edit: also what Ghostmaster said.

Ferr986

Ok, Im out of that shithole of dungeon. Can't believe there wasn't a friggin bonfire down then when there's areas that have a bonfire every two steps.

Anyways, reached the next area bu I feel too tired to engage it, so I switched to my low level char to do some Blue Bro action, but of course I don't get summoned.....

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
PvP is so fucking fun lol, just did a 1v1 where the guy kept trying to kite me to mobs (hard ones) and I still beat him.

Trakan

So about the Yh

That's a gimmick boss. Your weapon won't hurt him.

usp84

Can you use the S
tormruler
againts Y
horm
as a phantom?Or does it only work for the Host of Embers?

Timeaisis

There is if you don't mind him taking a bit of time.
Since the arena you fight him in is huge you can wait for the easiest attacks to go in. For the first phase it's the breathing fire attack, get in, 2-3 hits, get out, keep the distance, wait for him to do it again. Once he enters second form, wait for either the fire breathing attack or the meteor shower, get in 2-3 hits, get the fuck out. When he starts taping his mace on the ground multiple times in second phase get far away, and also when he is near death and falls down get away, it's a trick, then just go in and finish him.

Run up to him, he'll do a big horizontal swing, roll into him and hit once or twice and roll away. He'll either throw up some fire on ground or stomp it with his weapon. Roll away and come back in for hit or two, repeat until he goes enraged(it's like 3/4 health)....at this point it's basically just keep far away for him(circle the piles of demon bodies) and move in to attack once or twice between his attacks.

You can just keep your distance from him for ages and watch his attack pattern until you feel comfortable reading his abilities. He has no gap closer.

Edit: also what Ghostmaster said.

Thanks. I'll try that another time, I'm gonna come back to him later. He seems like a really lazy/boring boss with just cheapness, and since he's optional I don't really feel the need to take him down right now.

Anyhow, anyone else having issues with multiplayer? I was kindled/embered/whatever for like 2 hours and got ZERO invasions. I was also wearing the
covenant of the blue
all day and didn't get summoned once. Is it possible I'm overleveled or something?

I'm 99 hollowed if that matters

I just got the
the snowy castle

I'm tired of my Katana thing, is there anything else that has a good amount of poise break that staggeres for Dex? Weapon is also a tad too slow for my liking.

Wagram

Beat N
ameless King
on the 5th try!!! Woo. P
ontiff Sulyvahn
remains my bane and by far the hardest boss (at level 43 anyways).

So, I just beat this W
hite
S
boss and was trying to put down my summon sign but couldn't when I realized I got invaded, for the first time, in my first ever serious Souls game play-through, aside from a little DS1 I played just before DS3 was released. I had zero estus left after the damn boss so I was nervous af.

Ambushed the dude, managed to kill him without taking a single hit, lol.

Then when I was going to rest I got summoned, to fight that damn bitch again.

We got her to half health when she stopped spawning. Disappointed.

Got to the damn swamp, fuck that swamp.

Got summoned as a blue sentinel, helped a dude kill his invader.

Killed a
demon (is this in anyway related to the one in the start of DS1?)
, helped another dude kill his.

Got rekt by A
byss
W
atchers
when he had like 1mm health left.

Productive night nevertheless. Fun game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom