• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Banned
Hey guys. Me and a friend want to PvP. What's the best way to go about doing this? Is setting a network password and using a cracked red eye orb enough?

red sign soapstone. Or purple. Found in
cathedral of the deep near the covenant located there.
Cracked searches for players regardless of password.

Welp, thats it! Game completed with all secret areas included.

darksouls3finish.png

crazy I actually finished this like 10 hours faster than Bloodborne.

Not sure why my level got so high. I didn't even use the five free levels from that one NPC. I just almost never lost my souls, explored a lot for the Souls of Soldiers, and always used Boss Souls towards my leveling up.

I had a very basic Knight build. I used the initial long sword for the entire game, focusing on Strength, Vigor, and Endurance. With a high combo of that, you can beat just about anything. I also found every single Estus Shard and Undead Bone Shard for maximum survivablity.

I used the Elite Knight gear once I stole that from Inra, until way late in the game where the Faaram Armor becomes available as you see in the above picture. Got one of the "bad" endings, you'll know when you see it.

I'd say the hardest bosses were definitely NK, 2P, CG, DR, and the Dancer. Actually one-shotted the Abyss Walkers and the final boss, with the former I had no estus left so it was close. With the latter, I was just totally out of his league and was Embered up from beating NK. Still got to see a lot of his moveset and it was a fun finale.

Really dope game, cant wait for the DLC!

I finally beat the game tonight. Took me around 35-40 hours give or take (clock reads 48, but i've let my character sit idle for at least 3 of those). I also spent some time Sunbroing it up to get my 30 medals (all on the last few bosses) and I grinded a little bit just to make sure I bought every merchant out before I jump into NG+

I went in blind, and had to go on an internet black out to avoid spoilers. I took my time and explored everything, and even obsessed over exploring every nook and cranny.

That said I find 15 hours to be extremely fast unless you watched a walkthrough/YouTuber/Twitch player. I'm not here to judge the way you play but damn that's pretty quick!

The fuck? You beat it in 15 hours? Like how? This is blowing my mind.

Admittingly, I did look up how to find the secret areas, cuz there was noooo way I was finding them otherwise.

Like I said, the Strength build based around the Knight means you're never in a bad situation. The Longsword is always good and there's 100% Physical Resistance shields available very early on that will hold you the entire game. There's also a Ring that gives you +5 strength which is just crazy. You can do a lot of damage with one hand Heavy Longsword +10, and by focusing on one weapon the whole game you can just give all the many, many upgrade materials to it. Having high stamina means I can do a lot of attacks/rolls, and I had the Stamina regen ring that made it come back faster. Never took off the Life Ring I got from the beginning of the game that gave you a 7% health bonus, thats always good the entire game. And finally, I used a ring that gave me 10% attack bonus when I had full health.

So a combination of that means I can basically stunlock/kill enemies in one combo AND still roll away from enemies. The high stamina/regen means I got to sprint around a lot, less downtime. And again, I got all the Estus Shards/Undead Bone Shards, so I had maximum survivablity. I also did a lot of exploration for Souls, and used them all towards upgrading except for buying the Elite Knight/Faaram Knight armors and upgrading my Longsword/Crest Shield that I used the entire game.

Finally, I did one NPC summon for the
Consumed King
. IDK, I didnt feel like fighting him, so I just kinda blew through him with a NPC.

edit: and I also fucked up EVERY NPC storyline. I killed Anri early so I could get her Elite Knight armor, Sieg didnt show up later , Geriat never came back, and I didnt want to be hollow so I never talked to that guy with the dark sigil

Late Flag

As is basically all the time for me in these games, I'm already over-leveled. I'm at SL 49 and still working my way through C
athedral
of the D
eep
. I haven't touched F
arron
yet except to grab
the coal for Deep infusion

Nameless

I'm 37 hours in at level 65. Seems about right for a no summon run with PvP, meticulous exploration, a decent amount of time spent farming armor sets and weapon mats.

eot

Banned
I have 26 hours on record but I haven't even beaten the pontiff yet and I'm only level 50

right now I'm slogging htrough the ithryll dungeon

I think some of it is just me idling the game though

I'm level 40-something just under 10 hours heh. And I have in no way been rushing.
Haven't lost any souls though.

I'm level 45 splitting my time between
demon ruins and Cathedral of the deep.
. I have to say I found the exploration in this game to be very pleasing maybe even up with dark souls 1. People were complaining that the game is linear but I do enjoy how you see the entire world map spiral around itself as you descend. Generally I feel like the design is intricate and interesting.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hmm aww I just realized when I defeat enemies, it no longer makes the "soul draining" sound with the white light and my soul counter going up like the other two games. Does DS3 remove that effect? That's kind of weird?

I oddly miss it

eot

Banned
Oh shit, where is the second bonfire in the
swamp
?

This area is pretty tough...thanks to the
red eye -
enemies -_-

Where do I find a good quality weapon? I'm still using the Astora sword (+3) but it doesn't scale...

Not sure which one you got
If you're at the one up a long slope, then turn maybe 130 degrees right and walk towards the giant pillar holding up the bridge. On one side of it there's a ladder.

Uthred

Anyone else feel the heavier weapons are a bit lacklustre? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but in previous games heavy weapons generally had better stagger/move cancelling so I'd get clean hits in, whereas here I seem to end up trading with even the weakest enemy

Dahbomb

darksouls3finish.png

Not sure why my level got so high. I didn't even use the five free levels from that one NPC. I just almost never lost my souls, explored a lot for the Souls of Soldiers, and always used Boss Souls towards my leveling up.

I had a very basic Knight build. I used the initial long sword for the entire game, focusing on Strength, Vigor, and Endurance. With a high combo of that, you can beat just about anything. I also found every single Estus Shard and Undead Bone Shard for maximum survivablity.

I used the Elite Knight gear once I stole that from Inra, until way late in the game where the Faaram Armor becomes available as you see in the above picture. Got one of the "bad" endings, you'll know when you see it.

I'd say the hardest bosses were definitely NK, 2P, CG, DR, and the Dancer. Actually one-shotted the Abyss Walkers and the final boss, with the former I had no estus left so it was close. With the latter, I was just totally out of his league and was Embered up from beating NK. Still got to see a lot of his moveset and it was a fun finale.

Those are some BS stats LMAO!

I am at 15 hours right now but I just finished the boss in
Anor Londo after also beating the Giant so I have 3 Lords down.
My level is like 40. I haven't actually died all that much compared to previous games but I have all my boss Souls saved up in my inventory (because I know they are always used for trophies).

I have messed up every questline except that Aria(?) quest. I always play the Souls games blind first.

Wait whoa hold on, I just beat Abyss Watchers and come back to Firelink and
turtle dude is dead?!

What the hell?!

Who killed turtle guy?! Was it that princess' bodyguard asshole?

DSmalls84

Just got to
Archdragon Peak
. Admittedly I used a wiki, but damn what a beautiful zone.

Also, got
Butcher's Knife
to +10, such a beast with S scaling in Strength.

Can you tell how that weapon compares to the Battle Axe at Higher level? I really like the Battle Axe's move set and damage but the healing ability is nice.

The Flash

Banned
90% of the time I make a sincere effort to take on the bosses by myself but some of these recent ones, man. I ain't got no time for dat.

The Lamp

In Undead Settlement, there was a cage of corpses behind one of the houses where those dart blowing dwarfs are. I attacked and killed him even though the signs said he was a friend. What was his purpose? He never respawned and the other cages nearly killed me.

I hate how you can ruin your save file in this game.

Is it the room that
ends after a long corridor? Cause I only found a ring there.
once you go through the door straight from ponitff's bonfire, head left and up the stairs, go across the garden and up the tower and then go up the roof to reach the archers and try to get to the tower with an elevator should be easy to see, if the room you're talkibg about is on the roof, the tower should be near, you might need to do some dropping from the roof to a more convient roof, can't quite remember

darksouls3finish.png

Dude, that's fucking nuts, great job.

For crying out loud, though, I'm 18 hours in and only at the C
atacombs of
C
arthus!!!!

Timeaisis

I have 26 hours on record but I haven't even beaten the pontiff yet and I'm only level 50

right now I'm slogging htrough the ithryll dungeon

I think some of it is just me idling the game though

I'm in the same position as you. ~25 or so hours and in Itheryll around level 50. There's a lot of stuff to explore, man. Also, I backtrack a lot. And I mean a lot.

Dahbomb

Yeah with Souls games I have learned to kill every enemy in the game at least once the first time. They usually drop something. I never run past anything first time I see it.

I could probably run past them but nah... I have to see what everything is capable of and what they can drop.

Yeah with Souls games I have learned to kill every enemy in the game at least once the first time. They usually drop something. I never run past anything first time I see it.

I could probably run past them but nah... I have to see what everything is capable of and what they can drop.

I just kill them because, if I really have to run away, then I don't run into leftovers.

Also, souls, I mean come on. I need 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom