• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlow

Banned
I beat the boss of the cathedral. At this point, I'm doing okay in general, but I find myself wishing I had gone a different direction with my build. I don't find the tanky kind of character fun. I found the respec NPC, so there's always that option, but it doesn't bring back what I've spent upgrading equipment. So now I'm debating whether or I should suck it up, maybe try a different weapon (tried using the frosty sword, Astor spear, claymore, estoc, and uchigatana for a while and none of them really clicked with me). Part of me just wants to go back to magic even though it's kinda not great in this game from what I've seen. Hmph.
You get so many titantite and large shards in the next two areas though. No need to start a new game.

Lucario

[

Crab battle?
There is another path by the giant crabs

Go back to
Road of Sacrifices
and instead of going down the ladder to
Farron Keep
look around for a castle-like area and
you should find a boss. You'll know you're close cause the enemies are spell casters

You need the s
mall doll
obtained from the
deacons of the deep
in the
cathedral of the deep

which is after a boss in the forest you may have missed :3

Thanks!
Just got back from those crabs too, lol]

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I've got the Soul Spear and i'm 3 or so levels from the Crystal Soul Spear. If i remember correctly i can fire off 4 or so Soul Spears currently with enough FP left for a smaller spell before needing to recharge. Not a fan of FP also, forces me to forego some estus flasks to recharge my magic while non magic builds have their full allotment. I massively preferred having a fixed number of casts, FP makes it pointless to give the opportunity to double up also.

I see some of the higher level spells cost like 50 FP. So that's maybe what, 3 casts then your meter is empty? Damn. I seriously wonder why they changed the old system, when it worked better for build variety.

I see some of the higher level spells cost like 50 FP. So that's maybe what, 3 casts then your meter is empty? Damn. I seriously wonder why they changed the old system, when it worked better for build variety.

There are items that reduce that and attunement gets you more FP usage.

UberLevi

I'm really starting to hate this trek from D
ragon-kin
M
ausoleum
to wherever I'm going next. It's a pain in the ass and I hope there's another bonfire soon. Don't really want to fight the enemies around here but they're a pain in the ass to avoid, too.

Finished at a bit less than 38 hours in. Level 90 (but a good chunk went into VIT for fashion), pure STR build, using the Greatsword 2-handed all the way through since I got it. All bosses beaten. If I had to choose a boss that was most difficult for me, it would be C
hampion
G
undyr
. The others had some difficult moves that I had to work around, but that boss was especially difficult due to the slowness of my build and the nearly non-stop aggressiveness of its attacks. One of the best Souls bosses to me, no doubt.

zI5AKZSh.png
The ending was particularly well done, and even made me tear up a bit...something rare and usually only brought upon by extreme circumstances for me, so that speaks to how I feel about this series. This is a series that I have put innumerable hours into, because of my love of this narrative and the myriad experiences it brings. So to keep that love of this story, that fire alive, I'll play, and die, again and again...

For a world so terrible, it is strangely alluring, like a flame dancing in the darkness. I don't know if that flame will always burn, but I know its embers will.

So just started over as Deprived and I have enough souls to level 11 times. I want her to wear heavy armor and carry around a big ass weapon, I think. Never played with a big armored knight build before in any of the souls games.

Any suggestions on where I should allocate those points? Guessing I should put enough points into dex and strength for the Uchigatana since that's probably the best weapon in the early game?

Ok I found the boss I was missing. I think I found the room earlier, but thought "Hey, let's keep exploring for now."

About Anri:
I spoke to him (he's male in my game) once in catacombs then went to Smouldering Lake and killed Horace. I can speak to Anri a second time, but should I tell him about the lake or say nothing?

No idea where to go next. Here are the list of achievements I've done so far which should tell the bosses

http://steamcommunity.com/id/plbelanger/stats/374320/achievements/

Back in Irithyll you went through a small lake to eventually make it to the dungeon. Instead, about halfway through the lake go into opening in the castle (there should be some weird spider-like monsters) it should take you into the castle and lead to a shortcut back to the Church of Yorshka area and the next boss.

Pachinko

I'm just chiming in to continue attempting to make amends for all the shit/hate posting I did last year over how frustrated I was with Bloodborne.

I am not good at dark souls and by all rights should be hating it as much as I did bloodborne but ... I don't. I actually find I can't stop thinking about playing this game. I've completed virtually everything I can do within the first 2 (full)areas (as far as I know anyway) , I've got my long sword at + 3 , I'm rocking some light blue and gold armor I found and I've pumped my mercenary starter up to level 26. Still haven't tried to fight the second (actual) boss but that's the next thing to do. I don't know what it is beyond just technical reasons that's hooked me where DS1 and (especially) Bloodborne failed but here we are.

Who knows, maybe I'll come up on a boss that will ruin my drive to keep going but for now I'm having quite a lot of fun.

Back in Irithyll you went through a small lake to eventually make it to the dungeon. Instead, about halfway through the lake go into opening in the castle (there should be some weird spider-like monsters) it should take you into the castle and lead to a shortcut back to the Church of Yorshka area and the next boss.

I believe I did that boss.

EDIT: nm got it thanks!

UberLevi

This is the 5th time I've died because I respawned with the White Soapstone equipped instead of the estus flask despite the flask being in the first slot on my inventory bar. Don't know why this is happening, but it's infuriating to leave a sign on the ground when I'm nearly dead and about to be hit.

Sarcasm

This is the 5th time I've died because I respawned with the White Soapstone equipped instead of the estus flask despite the flask being in the first slot on my inventory bar. Don't know why this is happening, but it's infuriating to leave a sign on the ground when I'm nearly dead and about to be hit.

Try the hold down trick. It will go to w/e is in the first equip slot.

Ogawa-san

I know I'd fumble a lot like that so I only equip items that I'll use in combat. Everything else (like the white soapstone) goes to the other shortcut menu that you see when you press start.

jb1234

Farron Keep
is absolute garbage. The swamp areas in this series are never fun to go through so I wonder why they keep doubling down on them. This might be the worst one of all, due to its size. And the boss there is harder than fuck.

Ok some irritating level design here

In C
entral
I
rithyll
I ran through the level trying to progress, went down stairs and opened the door next to the bonfire. I go back in there and it's not even a shortcut, and there's no way to get back up to the stairs. Why

Zocano

Hmm, I suppose I could still go quality as I am maining Claymore. Do you happen to know the final refined scaling grade for Dark Sword? Fextralife doesn't seem to have it.

Okay so at +10, Dark Sword is (STR/DEX) C / D

I have 40 STR 20 DEX for reference

At +10 base it's 230 base + 164 scaling

Heavy is 212 base + 187 scaling

Refined is 207 base + 182 scaling

I know at 40 DEX, it'll be around 40 more pts of damage so it'll end up being the highest ATR.

In short scaling is weak shit and either base or refined is probably your best bet.

Cool. Got invaded for the first time, a blue dude is automatically summoned, he finds me on the map and then immediately leaves. I figure the invader has left or whatever, so I start just exploring the level when the invader seems to jump out from a dead end that I had just checked out and then proceeds to wreck my shit.

Hikami

Damn, my stats were so messed up.

Had a lot of trouble going through C
athedral of the Deep
, was starting to get really frustrated. But after I went and reset my stats, everything here is a breeze.

ugoo18

Currently 4 or so Soul Spears if my memory serves (Not at home to check my game), will see how much i can get out of Crystal Soul Spears.

There are items that reduce that and attunement gets you more FP usage.

I'm using some of them, i've got the attunement ring and i would use the FP reducing ring at the cost of HP but i'm dealing with Equip Load issues lol (I'm using that sorcery boosting ring, havel's ring, the attunement ring and 1 other ring i can't remember right now). Till i boost my equip load enough i can't equip that ring. My Attunement is at 24 currrently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom