• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

Additionally, (more scaling fun?) with a Greatsword +10 and 40 STR 20 DEX

At base "C str C dex" it's 318 + 204

Heavy "B str" is 294 + 208

Refined "C str C dex" is 286 + 223

In short, scaling sucks dick.

I actually think this is the best level design in the series. I keep finding all these winding paths through enormous areas that eventually all meet up or lead to huge item grab areas.

I keep thinking that open world linearty is the best

I generally agree, the game has been good about opening up multiple paths. when you get up high you can see the overall geography and the individual levels are beautifully woven.

UberLevi

Just beat N
ameless King
and going to explore Grand Archives tomorrow. Sitting at level 82, so it's feeling pretty endgame. Think I might manage to finish this off tomorrow after work.

Additionally, (more scaling fun?) with a Greatsword +10 and 40 STR 20 DEX

At base "C str C dex" it's 318 + 204

Heavy "B str" is 294 + 208

Refined "C str C dex" is 286 + 223

In short, scaling sucks dick.

I wonder what difference your weapon choice makes. That's a a pretty clearly quality weapon. I wonder if the effect is stronger if you choose a weapon that scales more obviously with one stat.

Zocano

I wonder what difference your weapon choice makes. That's a a pretty clearly quality weapon. I wonder if the effect is stronger if you choose a weapon that scales more obviously with one stat.

It is. Each scaling is different. I'm a few points off to use FUGS' actual ATR since I only 2hand it (don't have the 50 STR yet). Otherwise I'd check. It has S STR scaling. Suppose I could check the butcher knife.

The build up in terms of locations/bosses heading into the later party of the game is amazing. Very similar to Bloodborne in that regard

The consistency puts this over DkS1 in my mind

Question about NPC stuff in Cathedral of the Deep:

So I dropped down from the rafters and got to Rosarias bedchamber bonfire, so I never did the Patches thing. Did I screw up stuff with him and Siegward? I went to check the well and Sieg isn't stuck in there...

PFD

I thought the game areas were impressive at the begginning but mid-late game areas are mindblowing!Beautiful game

The bosses are also much better and harder

Yeah I love how the art and level design keep improving as you get further into the game, unlike DS1 which dropped the ball in the latter areas.

Anyone else ever felt bad for dominating someone on PVP to the point your oponents start panicking and trying to parry like crazy?

also reached the dancer, so far pontif been the only real challenge

Best way to pvp with a friend?? Is there a soul limit difference?

One of you join moundbuilders. set up a password. Use White Soapstone.
Join moundbuilders by hopping a ride from a cage monster in Undead Settlement.
I think the level ranges relax the longer you need to be searching. not sure about the rules.

Mothman91

One of you join moundbuilders. set up a password. Use White Soapstone.
Join moundbuilders by hopping a ride from a cage monster in Undead Settlement.
I think the level ranges relax the longer you need to be searching. not sure about the rules.

Shit, had to do it before a certain boss? Any other way?

Elfstruck

Gargoyle flame spear is probably the best weapon in this game. Godlike reach that kill the enemies before they could approach you. Besides, the weapon art for this one is beautiful and deadly.

co1onel

Gargoyle flame spear is probably the best weapon in this game. Godlike reach that kill the enemies before they could approach you. Besides, the weapon art for this one is beautiful and deadly.

I love this weapon. After searching forever for a spear that didn't suck I found this beauty. The scaling sucks but it makes up for it with all that fire damage.

So for my first play through I decided to do a blind SL1 challenge. Here is the highlights, mostly bosses. Obviously do not click this link if you don't want to be spoiled, as it shows all the mandatory bosses in the game.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gkav5OWKIM&feature=youtu.be

Typically the harder the boss, the more deaths I show, so the video ends up being pretty long. Use the description time stamps if you want to skip around.

Soulflarz

Banned
So for my first play through I decided to do a blind SL1 challenge. Here is the highlights, mostly bosses. Obviously do not click this link if you don't want to be spoiled, as it shows all the mandatory bosses in the game.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gkav5OWKIM&feature=youtu.be

Typically the harder the boss, the more deaths I show, so the video ends up being pretty long. Use the description time stamps if you want to skip around.

you beat it?
DAMN
PROPS TO YOU

Mothman91

Damn, hard to pvp with friends, why they never make it any easier?

Besides that, anyone know how to do borderless fullscreen? Alt tabbing takes forever.

Rixxan

I just got this game today

finished off my session by beating the
Abyss Watchers

My god what a great fight, immediately jumps to my top 5 souls borne bosses

you beat it?
DAMN
PROPS TO YOU

It was VERY hard. One of the hardest challenges I've done in Souls. I think mostly due to the blind aspect. I probably missed tons of helpful items and equipment because my end game gear was no where near optimal. I imagine the next time I do a SL1 in this game it won't be nearly as hard.

Soulflarz

Banned
He doesn't hang around in the place you found him after that? Well lucky me that I missed him entirely and got him after beating the game.

BYE

It was VERY hard. One of the hardest challenges I've done in Souls. I think mostly due to the blind aspect. I probably missed tons of helpful items and equipment because my end game gear was no where near optimal. I imagine the next time I do a SL1 in this game it won't be nearly as hard.

I may try this soon, if only for self satisfaction
worried getting too good makes the game suddenly....devauled as a series? As in everything becomes easier?

Animator

I think I found a way to farm unlimited titanite shards in the catacombs. Requires a bow class.

when you start at the second bonfire and go down the stairs where the rolling skeleton ball is. The door next to the giant rat has bars at the end that show the bridge area. You can shoot that huge sword asshole with an arrow and he gets aggroed and runs at you, then it takes 10 arrows or so to down him while he is flailing in front of the bars and you can pick up his drop from where you are without having to go there. I farmed like 10 TS's like this in thirty minutes from him. He was dropping a TS every time he died.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think I found a way to farm unlimited titanite shards in the catacombs. Requires a bow class.

when you start at the second bonfire and go down the stairs where the rolling skeleton ball is. The door next to the giant rat has bars at the end that show the bridge area. You can shoot that huge sword asshole with an arrow and he gets aggroed and runs at you, then it takes 10 arrows or so to down him while he is flailing in front of the bars and you can pick up his drop from where you are without having to go there. I farmed like 10 TS's like this in thirty minutes from him. He was dropping a TS every time he died.

10 isn't much :p

They drop from everyone in the final areas, no need to farm!

This "Unable to Summon Phantom" shit is absolutely infuriating. Really need help with the boss
Nameless King
since it's a terrible boss in general and I can't get 1 summon to work. Even ones that just spawn in fail almost immediately.

Naite

Man, the N
ameless King
boss battle is really incredible both visually and as a challenge. Finally managed to get to a point where the first phase gives me no problems but still getting used to the attack timings of the second phase. Had to cave and add a shield to my loadout which has helped me immensely. Since adding the shield, I managed to take him down to 1/4 life before running out of estus (still had some allocated to ashen).

This "Unable to Summon Phantom" shit is absolutely infuriating. Really need help with the boss
Nameless King
since it's a terrible boss in general and I can't get 1 summon to work. Even ones that just spawn in fail almost immediately.
Yeah but I mean. It's to be expected on release of a new souls game and a hard boss. Hundreds of people want summons.

Finished at a bit less than 38 hours in. Level 90 (but a good chunk went into VIT for fashion), pure STR build, using the Greatsword 2-handed all the way through since I got it. All bosses beaten. If I had to choose a boss that was most difficult for me, it would be C
hampion
G
undyr
. The others had some difficult moves that I had to work around, but that boss was especially difficult due to the slowness of my build and the nearly non-stop aggressiveness of its attacks. One of the best Souls bosses to me, no doubt.

The ending was particularly well done, and even made me tear up a bit...something rare and usually only brought upon by extreme circumstances for me, so that speaks to how I feel about this series. This is a series that I have put innumerable hours into, because of my love of this narrative and the myriad experiences it brings. So to keep that love of this story, that fire alive, I'll play, and die, again and again...

For a world so terrible, it is strangely alluring, like a flame dancing in the darkness. I don't know if that flame will always burn, but I know its embers will.

Damn. That's beautiful man.

KHlover

Banned

All of those skeletons with the red glowing eyes have a 100% drop for Small Titanite Shards. Just rest at the Catacombs bonfire, go right where the Skeleton ball is and kill the 2 red-eye skeletons. Go back to bonfire. Repeat. You could also follow the skeleton ball down the stairs (aka go left from bonfire) and then kill the red-eye in that room + the 2 (3?) red-eyes when you go up the stairs in that room (the room up the stairs is where you found the ashes), but I'm not sure if that is more time efficient.

ZangBa

Kinda disappointed I beat the final boss on my first try, I feel like I probably missed out on some cool attack animations. So overall, the camera on
Nameless King
was the toughest boss.

Also, the scaling makes no sense again, probably gonna get buffed like it did in Dark Souls. I don't understand how a B scaling Uchigatana is more damage than an S scaling Chaos Blade, but sure.

Ferrio

Banned
My highest stat is Faith at 28, nothing else comes close. Yet I'm not using *anything* that uses faith. Like I feel like I'm halfway through the game and there isn't a single thing faith is good for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom