• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baliis

I am seriously starting to think I am overleveled for doing invasions at sl100.

People are weak. They should be playing this 24/7.

Doing invasions. Takes super long to connect for me.

I was doing mine around like 55-60 I think? So maybe you're overleveled lol. It def seemed like lots of pvp was going on though, I'd often get joined by a second invader, and the invadee would have 1-2 summons with them almost every time.

FtHTiny

Can someone confirm that the things in farron keep drop the wolf covenant item. I´m losing my mind here.
Barely getting any invasions as wolf...

Mandelbo

Yeah so I beat
Aldrich
I was then transported to a place
with another boss, where I promptly homeward boned the hell out of
How do I get back there?

Go back to the chapel where you originally got the banner that let you go down to the Settlement.

Zoggy

no sympathy for punk invaders who just lure you into mobs and hide behind them.

so those vids of them getting ganked 3 v 1 warms my heart.

no sympathy for punk invaders who just lure you into mobs and hide behind them.

so those vids of them getting ganked 3 v 1 warms my heart.

Isn't there an item for that case so the mobs attack them? There was in DS2, I haven't found anything here, though.

Also I just beat
Pontiff
solo on my 3rd try yesterday! What a fight!! <3

Hey guys, I have a question for the c
atacombs

I beat the boss in this area, but I saw enemies way down in a watery area. Did I miss something or will I get back there later ?

Now I am in
Ithiryll
, which seems like the only way I can go right now and it's kicking my ass.

Can someone confirm that the things in farron keep drop the wolf covenant item. I´m losing my mind here.
Barely getting any invasions as wolf...
It "can" drops from the goat dudes.
Hey guys, I have a question for the c
atacombs

I beat the boss in this area, but I saw enemies way down in a watery area. Did I miss something or will I get back there later ?

Now I am in
Ithiryll
, which seems like the only way I can go right now and it's kicking my ass.
Go back to the
rope bridge and attack it. Now it's a ladder you can climb down

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy shit, what the hell is a
black knight doing at road of sacrifices?

Didn't drop his sword though. Is there a chance for it to drop?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Hey guys, you know that collapsing bridge in the catacombs? Below the area you can climb down, as in REALLY far down, there's a few items I see in what looks like water down there. Anyone know how to get there?

KHlover

Banned
I get covenant items by invading other players and killing them...this changes EVERYTHING. Just got a Sunlight Medal by invading someone as a red phantom. Let me see if this also works for Farron's stuff etc. Gamechanger if it does.

EDIT: Aww, got a pale tongue when I had Farron's Covenant item equipped. RIP dream

Jintor

Got another Lord Soul. Fuck, man, this game. I thought it was impossible, then I slowed down... fark.

Actually I died
getting hit by a crystal rainshow of arrows right after finally defeating the boss... apparently they accounted for it! I woke up next to a bonfire cindered, with the boss souls, and just had to run back and grab my souls.

JJD

Guys I need some help with the Siegward quest line.

I did everything but missed him on the kitchen at the Boreal Valley. Found him in the Dungeon and freed him, but he won't leave his cell. No matter what I do he won't join me in the Yhorn fight.

Can I fix this somehow? I really wanted the Storm Ruler... :-(

Holy shit, what the hell is a
black knight doing at road of sacrifices?

Didn't drop his sword though. Is there a chance for it to drop?

Yup. I farmed all his set, sword and shield on that location.

Hey guys, you know that collapsing bridge in the catacombs? Below the area you can climb down, as in REALLY far down, there's a few items I see in what looks like water down there. Anyone know how to get there?

Just go down the bridge on the side closer to the boss room entrance. You can use the collapsed bridge as a ladder.

MUnited83

For you.

I did everything but missed him on the kitchen at the Boreal Valley. Found him in the Dungeon and freed him, but he won't leave his cell. No matter what I do he won't join me in the Yhorn fight.

Just go down the bridge on the side closer to the boss room entrance. You can use the collapsed bridge as a ladder.
Regarding Siegward...
nope, you can't. The same happened to me :(. But if you just want the Storm Ruler, there's one right on the boss room.

Jintor

Ugh. Aldrich is a terribly designed boss fight.
It's SO BAD.

total opposite. was frustrated for a little bit but once i backed away I really appreciated it. only problem is that goddamn
arrow storm, which is a bit tricky to avoid

JJD

Wait, dude reappears?

Yeah, he is a regular enemy. He hits hard, but it's easy to fight if you are a good dodger and have a 100% shield.

Regarding Siegward...
nope, you can't. The same happened to me :(. But if you just want the Storm Ruler, there's one right on the boss room.

Really??? And I can keep it after the boss fight?

If so I can kill him on the dungeon (he is still there) to grab his set and just get the sword on the boss room. Not the ending I wanted for him but at least I will have all his gear.

Greirat is probably going to die without Sieg's help right? Damn...

KHlover

Banned
Some people actually use Embers when going through
Irythll Dungeon
? As invader I won't complain but damn that's brave (or dumb).

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

I know about that area. I mean BELOW that. After you climb down the ladder (collapsed bridge), if you look out over the edge you can see several items on the water below you. That's what I'm referring to. How to get there.

Jintor

Yeah, he is a regular enemy. He hits hard, but it's easy to fight if you are a good dodger and have a 100% shield.

Weird. I ran into him, killed him, and never saw him again.

The ones up top (or below?) do reappear. I know because I got ganked like twenty times running to fight the Lord.

JJD

Yeah, it's just not all that good against any other enemy.

Really? Lol, that sucks!

I know about that area. I mean BELOW that. After you climb down the ladder (collapsed bridge), if you look out over the edge you can see several items on the water below you. That's what I'm referring to. How to get there.

When you get to the lake where the ballista shots at you immediately turn right and look for a cave. It's close to 3 fire crabs if I'm not mistaken. There may be an hostile NPC there if you're following a certain quest line.

Weird. I ran into him, killed him, and never saw him again.

The ones up top (or below?) do reappear. I know because I got ganked like twenty times running to fight the Lord.

Maybe you're confounding Black Knights with Dark wraiths. Dark wraiths are the guys killing everyone near the entrance to the watchers boss fight.

I'm talking about the black knight with a shield and sword near where you get one of the coals. He is standing on a stair. Close to the shortcut leading directly to the Abyss Watchers where that crystal lizard is located.

You can farm both of then. The shield and great sword black knight and the dark wraiths.

Vorheez

I'm sorry, but
Yhorm the Giant
is the lamest boss fight in the entire soulsbourne series. Forcing me to use a new game mechanic that I have no interest in using is bullshit. You can't even charge the fuckin' thing up enough to hit him. It's not hard, it's just poorly designed and cheap as all hell. Fuck that.

Grassy

When you get to Smouldering Lake, hug the right hand side of the lake wall and you'll find a cave that leads there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
still unsure which build to play now...

pupcoffee

total opposite. was frustrated for a little bit but once i backed away I really appreciated it. only problem is that goddamn
arrow storm, which is a bit tricky to avoid

Just make sure you keep your eye on the boss while you avoid it. I really liked this boss.

This game is long. It feels way longer than Bloodborne. Out of curiosity, I looked up how many bosses I have left. I'm only, like, 2/3 through the game? Wow. Thought I was finishing up soon.

Gator86

All bosses down in about 30 hours. Really good souls game - I'd put it at #1 along with Bloodborne. Having played so many of these over the years, the souls cycle is ridiculously short now. Bosses went from "there's no fucking way" to downed on the next try. I think Dark Souls has gone as far as they can take it. I hope From goes back to the drawing board and really reexamines the whole series from the ground up.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That moment when you get invaded by two Aldrich faithfuls when those dual wielding npc's are still alive

NZEUsDS.gif

Beat the game finally! Clocked in at 25 hours. That is not including a reset around 60%ish into the game. Man, Knight was far and away the best choice to start with. I had rolled an assassin, but I just wasn't having fun. Now I'm grinding
Sunlight Medals
until I can rank up the covenant. Any other covenants I need to take care of right now? I know of at least two I can grind drops from without having to do too much PvP, anyone have a list of where I can do my farming before NG+ begins?

That moment when you get invaded by two Aldrich faithfuls when those dual wielding npc's are still alive
Happened to me the other day too, and I almost pulled out the V. It was crazy. I'm not usually a big guy for PvP, but that was intense.

Irithyll Dungeon

What the hell is happening to my HP? How do I stop
the Masked enemies
from turning red?

It happens when you make noise. They can see you and chase after you while still green if you use spook first. But the minute you attack one it makes noise, so be prepared for that.

Short of that? DPS race, baby.

Jintor

I'm talking about the black knight with a shield and sword near where you get one of the coals. He is standing on a stair. Close to the shortcut leading directly to the Abyss Watchers where that crystal lizard is located.

You can farm both of then. The shield and great sword black knight and the dark wraiths.

I don't think I'm confusing them, but perhaps I'm mistaken about whether he comes back or not.

Irithyll Dungeon

What the hell is happening to my HP? How do I stop
the Masked enemies
from turning red?

RUSHDOWN

Pif

Banned
Level 26, pyromancer, 140 attack.

Each slash can't deal more than 50~60 damage to Great rotted greatwood. Wtf? It's the third boss...

Any recommendations?

Steeven

I've played around 2-3 hours and I'm really satisfied with this game. In terms of looks and atmosphere it really shares a close resemblance with Dark Souls I; a design decision I can only praise and which I really missed in Dark Souls II. I really feel like it's fun exploring this overly depressing world again. Moreover, the combat system feels different, not in a bad way, which keeps the game fun and refreshing. Overall, the graphics are great. This is going to be a fun ride.

Banzai

Any recommendations for a weapon for a Sorcerer build? Obviously something I can infuse to scale with INT, I know. I'm leaning towards the long sword for the simple but reliable range/moveset. Or something with more range? Or maybe a dagger for the sidestep?

Gator86

This
King of Storm
fight is really pushing the limits of their camera system.

That and
Pontiff
were the two that really tried to cram in every bad souls boss trope.

It's amazing From has managed to put out 5 souls games and still has the camera quality of an early PS1 3d platformer. The lazy ass poison swamp areas, terrible camera, janky lock-on system, and awful jumping/platforming all need to disappear before the next game. They're all just fucking terrible.

Pif

Banned

Each slash can't deal more than 50~60 damage to Great rotted greatwood. Wtf? It's the third boss...

Any recommendations?

Sorry for double post but had the great timing of being the last post from previous page.

myco666

Ahh finally 10 Human Dregs and almost 30 Pale Tongues. Decent progress for a days worth of farming.

Any recommendations?

You need to hit the weakspot. Sounds like you are hitting it everywhere else.

TitusTroy

wow the regular enemies in that
Consumed Kings Garden
area were really hard...the
Cathedral Knights
don't get stunned or staggered and they hit like a truck...you pretty much have to back-stab them...and those worm/dog things are crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom