• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I stupid or has the
water
in the firelink shrine
turned green?

Here a screenshot: http://abload.de/img/green8xkj2.png
Yeah I notice that as well. If you adjust the camera to different angles the water appears blue again.

Ahh finally 10 Human Dregs and almost 30 Pale Tongues. Decent progress for a days worth of farming.

You need to hit the weakspot. Sounds like you are hitting it everywhere else.

You know you only need 10 pale tongues. You need 30 Vertebra Shackle for Mount Makers (use password matching making and summon someone to farm it), 30 sunlight medals for Sunbros, 30 Proof of a Concords for the Blades of the Darkmoon, and 30 Wolf’s Blood Swordgrass for the Watchdogs of Farron. The later 2 are R.I.P.

Pif

Banned
Ahh finally 10 Human Dregs and almost 30 Pale Tongues. Decent progress for a days worth of farming.

You need to hit the weakspot. Sounds like you are hitting it everywhere else.

No, I'm hiting correctly. I don't get it. Getting a bit annoyed by this game after hitting such gaming nirvana with bloodborne didn't expect this.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
No, I'm hiting correctly. I don't get it. Getting a bit annoyed by this game after hitting such gaming nirvana with bloodborne didn't expect this.

Even if you do hit it correctly, you just have to keep at it til something happens. It's normal you're not doing much damage.

TitusTroy

is the
Dragon Crest Shield
an overall good shield?...I've been using it since early on but haven't upgraded it in the hopes of possibly finding a better one...is there a shield in DS3 that's equivalent to the excellent Silver Knight shield from DS1?

Aurongel

Got invaded by two Aldrich faithfuls in lower
Anor Londo.

Did the lay flat emote in a bush and watched them run past me for 10 minutes.

This fucking game :lol

Pif

Banned
Even if you do hit it correctly, you just have to keep at it til something happens. It's normal you're not doing much damage.
Every guide video I look at, the damage dealt is around 300...

I've been even farming souls a bit because that's my play style. I'm also able to damage around 200 damage to normal enemies with each blow.

myco666

You know you only need 10 pale tongues. You need 30 Vertebra Shackle for Mount Makers (use password matching making and summon someone to farm it), 30 sunlight medals for Sunbros, 30 Proof of a Concords for the Blades of the Darkmoon, and 30 Wolf’s Blood Swordgrass for the Watchdogs of Farron. The later 2 are R.I.P.

Oh god damnit I looked the roadmap wrong. Oh well now I have 20 extra Pale Tongues.

bobawesome

The
Fire Keeper's Eyes
conversation... I can't get it out of my head an hour later. Everything about it is so sinister.
Her wanting to keep it a secret and telling you to "stay thy course" makes me think of two parents conspiring to kill their children in the middle of the night to give them a peaceful, painless death.

The
Fire Keeper's Eyes
conversation... I can't get it out of my head an hour later. Everything about it is so sinister.
Her wanting to keep it a secret and telling you to "stay thy course" makes me think of two parents conspiring to kill their children in the middle of the night to give them a peaceful, painless death.

fuck you are dark

Jrmint

Question about weapon upgrading. I have the Long Sword upgraded to +4, but I also have some fire and raw gems that I see would improve its stats. Im not sure whether or not I should do that though, it's kind of confusing. What would you guys recommend?

NBtoaster

Been using the Hollowslayer Greatsword for most of my playthrough. It's a pretty nice dex weapon and the skill is great in conjunction with shields that use the weapon skills. Speaking of, the Shield
of Want
seems crazy good.

wtf, there is
fire propagation
in the game? had my mind blown just now.

i've only beat the first real boss, after that i went to that cathedral with the old lady and randomly started to break all the wooden stuff with my torch (because its fun) and i actually thought how cool it would be if the little fires got out of control and burnt the place down... then it started to, and i was like woooaaahh and soon almost the whole place was on fire, the carpet and the wooden pillars etc, the old lady didnt say anything even though the fires were right next to her lol, she thought it's fine. so uhmm whats the significance of this? i later saw some messages on the ground saying "let flames guide the way" or sth, but i couldn't find any secret passage.. whats going on?

Just started the game over this weekend for about 2 hours. I don't really know anything about the game, been avoiding spoilers and even hints and tips. So seeing my character get 'embered' up was really cool. At least, I think that is what happened. The first boss fight was really cool too.

After being disappointed with Bloodborne, I'm happier with this. Doing a Sorcerer playthrough, as I've done throughout the series and will be putting it up on youtube. Slight shill, but hey ho, first part: https://youtu.be/s1hRO-qb1RA

I will likely only use this thread every so often, if possible, I want to avoid even tiny spoilers, which from my memory of the Bloodborne OT, will eventually slip here and there. Doubly so since I'll be playing slow.

Hope most are enjoying their time with the game.

Eumi

I'm sorry, but
Yhorm the Giant
is the lamest boss fight in the entire soulsbourne series. Forcing me to use a new game mechanic that I have no interest in using is bullshit. You can't even charge the fuckin' thing up enough to hit him. It's not hard, it's just poorly designed and cheap as all hell. Fuck that.

I liked the idea, but I wish
the sword wasn't in the boss room, and was somewhere else

Moff

Is going full Pyro necessary? Or can you go half Pyro, half melee? never played anything but melee

I believe that's how it's meant to be played
I really enjoy it
in every area, there are always trash enemies and tough enemies. use pyros for the tough ones and just slash the trash away

however, skill points should not be put into strength or dex, only maybe to get a good weapon like the katana. more points are not necessary to kill the trash in the levels.

Catvoca

Banned
You need to be hitting the bits that look like blood blisters on its belly, back and legs.

Every guide video I look at, the damage dealt is around 300...

I've been even farming souls a bit because that's my play style. I'm also able to damage around 200 damage to normal enemies with each blow.

Pretty sure that
you're not meant to be doing a lot of damage, but when you pop the weak spots it does a whole bunch of damage. Have you got to the second phase of the fight, when the area changes?

rdytoroll

I believe that's how it's meant to be played
I really enjoy it
in every area, there are always trash enemies and tough enemies. use pyros for the tough ones and just slash the trash away

however, skill points should not be put into strength or dex, only maybe to get a good weapon like the katana. more points are not necessary to kill the trash in the levels.

What do you level mostly?

KHlover

Banned
When can I expect Titanite Chunks to drop? Currently at
Anor Londo
and my +6 weapns don't seem to quite cut it anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
should I stop being a pussy about DLC in NG+ and just go ahead and go to NG+? I kinda wanna play more but dont feel like starting a new character >_>

or I could start a new as a caster even if its shit this time around I guess... hmmm

Auctopus

Anyone need any Sunbro help? Grinding these medals.

The
Fire Keeper's Eyes

what the fuck

adz2ka

Is going full Pyro necessary? Or can you go half Pyro, half melee? never played anything but melee

This is what I'm rolling and I'm finding it moderate difficulty - not too easy but by no means hard.

For reference I have a hand axe (using the ore that doesn't using scaling) with a shield, and a pyro flame

Done with the game, my spoiler free verdict (still spoiler tagged, just in case!)

- Imho the best Dark Souls game. Most consistent design and no annoying stuff. No area that dragged on too long and all bosses were pefectly balanced
- Easiest/Shortest(?) Dark Souls Game. No bragging, I struggle with DS1 and 2 and had some problems with few Bloodborne bosses. But DS3 was a breeze for me, killed most bosses in the 2-3 try, except a few bosses who took 5-10. No real roadblock Boss or anything. Also the Levels were easier than in previous games. Finished in 30 hours with no guides/summons. DS1 and 2 took me 40-50 hours each.
- AMAZING Boss designs. Pretty much all bosses required special strategies and didn't feel "samey" (my only complaint about DS2, which I still love despite popular hate)
- THE MUSIC, HOLY SHIT THE MUSIC
- The sound design is one of the best of any game ever.

Complaints? Not really... I wished it was longer! ;) And too many Mimic chests, especially at the beginning of the game.

So verdict? 10/10 and very likely GOTY.
Rankings (this will be unpopular):
Bloodborne > DS3 > DS1=DS2=Demon's

Floody

Has anyone else had issues getting O
nion Bro
to spawn in the I
rithyll
of the B
oreal
V
alley
kitchen? I gave him his armour and he hasn't shown up. Will not speaking to him there mess up his quest line?

Akai XIII

I'm a bit lost, I've just defeated
Dragonslayer Armour, Twin Princes and Champion Gundyr
... where am I meant to be going next?

Was there anything else at the
dark firelink? I got the eyes and thing from the bonfire area.

Man, I'm trying to rank up in the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant but I haven't been summoned a single time so far, am I doing something wrong?
I have platinumed Dark Souls 1 & 2 but this one looks like it's going to be a pain.

ISee

Yeah definitely reminds me of
Anor Londo

anor_londo0zlc1.jpg

So much 'fan service' in this game.

vocab

This is what I'm rolling and I'm finding it moderate difficulty - not too easy but by no means hard.

For reference I have a hand axe (using the ore that doesn't using scaling) with a shield, and a pyro flame

Man, I'm trying to rank up in the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant but I haven't been summoned a single time so far, am I doing something wrong?
I have platinumed Dark Souls 1 & 2 but this one looks like it's going to be a pain.

Blue sentinels and darkmoon are really rough. They require too many specfic requirements.

mxgt

Banned
Aw fucking yeah,
Nameless King
down. Took about 6-7 tries.

The camera really is an absolute cunt during the first phase, fucking hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom