• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

krakov

Got 30 swordgrass in about an hour last night. Was impossible to progress at all with the covenant emblem equipped.

Great low level PvP area. The free for all clusterfuck PvP and gank fights are amazing.

Dmax3901

My momentum has dropped off significantly the last few days. Part of that is because of getting into the Overwatch Beta Weekend, but I dunno.

Arriving at
Anor Londo
and getting absolutely destroyed by that knight with a spear, after just running past the archers made me feel like I hadn't earned being there yet.

So basically I've been going back to areas I knew I'd skipped and also doing NPC stuff.

Tonight I went to
Smouldering Lake
running around aimlessly and found myself at the
Old Demon King
who proceeded to destroy me very quickly. Getting there was such a hassle I didn't even bother trying him again. I instead went to continue exploring
Irithyll Dungeon
. I was making good progress until I accidentally woke a giant and died. Again getting back to where I was seemed like such a hassle, especially passed those HP draining jailer dudes.

No questions, just venting I guess.

myco666

Does Wolf covenant work for anyone else? I can invade with red orbs every once in a while but I don't get summoned by the covenant.

Has anyone else had issues getting O
nion Bro
to spawn in the I
rithyll
of the B
oreal
V
alley
kitchen? I gave him his armour and he hasn't shown up. Will not speaking to him there mess up his quest line?

Have you already lit
Distant Manor
bonfire? If yes then he has moved to the next place. As long as you don't kill the boss in
Profaned Capital
you should be able to finish his questline.

If you can do Knights Honor, you can do this.

Yeah, I think after so many of these games in the last few years, I'm just not as persistent as I was when I was playing the first one and my patience is starting to wear thin. It's stupid but I just can't imagine not platinuming the last one in the trilogy (for now) and yet I'm starting to have my doubts.

There's an absolutely amazing NPC Quest Guide on Gamefaqs!

Spoilers obviously.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/168566-dark-souls-iii/73599466

Thanks for the link!

Jobbs

Banned
Where do I find sunbros?

normally you can't get to the altar until a bit later in the game. technically it's possible to go there by killing the dancer in the first area then making your way through a lot of the castle area behind her until you get to the altar, but doing this on a low/mid power character would be quite hard.

ISee

My momentum has dropped off significantly the last few days. Part of that is because of getting into the Overwatch Beta Weekend, but I dunno.

Arriving at
Anor Londo
and getting absolutely destroyed by that knight with a spear, after just running past the archers made me feel like I hadn't earned being there yet.

So basically I've been going back to areas I knew I'd skipped and also doing NPC stuff.

Tonight I went to
Smouldering Lake
running around aimlessly and found myself at the
Old Demon King
who proceeded to destroy me very quickly. Getting there was such a hassle I didn't even bother trying him again. I instead went to continue exploring
Irithyll Dungeon
. I was making good progress until I accidentally woke a giant and died. Again getting back to where I was seemed like such a hassle, especially passed those HP draining jailer dudes.

No questions, just venting I guess.

Take a break.

I was in a very similar state of mind once I reached the defiled chalice dungeon in BB. Especially on lvl 3 the defiled amygdala gave me a very hard time. I had to pause the game for a couple of days.

should I stop being a pussy about DLC in NG+ and just go ahead and go to NG+? I kinda wanna play more but dont feel like starting a new character >_>

or I could start a new as a caster even if its shit this time around I guess... hmmm

I enjoyed and finished BB dlc NG+, maybe just a little bit too hard but I didn't have good gems. That doesn't seem to be a problem here. I prefer it that way instead of being overpowered.

vocab

Is the butcher knife worth upgrading? It has an A scaling for strength
Its okay, but the boss weapons and higher base damage axes just outclass it. Plus sharpen is pretty much bottom of the barrel battle art.

I tried to use it, but the broadsword was a real workhorse for me for quite a while.

Dmax3901

Take a break.

I was in a very similar state of mind once I reached the defiled chalice dungeon in BB. Especially on lvl 3 the defiled amygdala gave me a very hard time. I had to pause the game for a couple of days.

Yeah I will. Don't get me started on Defiled Amygdala! Got him in the end though of course.

Jobbs

Banned
Idle where you can't be invaded. Easy.

a lot of times I stand around near boss entrances because I like to farm sunbro medals in between working at my PC

invaders have a knack for showing up when I'm not able to get to the controller, and then they emote like they just accomplished something

kencey

Hey, first Souls game that i play for more than 1 hour. I'm fucking addicted now.
Questions: I'm playing Knight class and i'm about lvl 27 or 28 and am in the Swamp area.
Is it too early? Should i grind more? Where do i find Knight armor? I'm still using the starting armor.

Skii

The mage pilgrim (Yhore of Londor I think) is offering me a free level. Do I take it now or near the end of the game?

vocab

Hey, first Souls game that i play for more than 1 hour. I'm fucking addicted now.
Questions: I'm playing Knight class and i'm about lvl 27 or 28 and am in the Swamp area.
Is it too early? Should i grind more? Where do i find Knight armor? I'm still using the starting armor.
If you havent done the cathedral area, go there instead. Also the starting knight armor is very good, dont worry too much about armor youll find some new stuff soon.

Jamiaro

I can't decide on my second Quality-weapon. My Refined Dark Sword is amazing, but I feel like I need another weapon. Ideas, anyone? :)

demonkaze

So at the moment I'm only Lv 30 and I'm looking at DEX/INT build (if isn't working with the INT then willing to respec, but love the soul arrows) and not too sure on weapons to go for. I've been using Arstor's Spear which feels good but a little slow and also have an Ithryll Sword +2 and a Crystal Sage Rapiers.

I'm at
Farron Keep
at the moment in terms of location, what's a good suggestion to aim for? My DEX is 19 and INT 15.

Plum

I'm just at (late game boss) the
Consumed King
and I must say that I simply don't like the majority of bosses in the game.

So many of them are just too damn fast, and for a STR build like mine getting a hit in is nearly impossible most of the time. Even the fastest bosses in Souls 1 let you rest once in a while, these ones just never let up.

They don't feel like a challenge, they feel like a chore to get through. Most of them feel like Bloodborne bosses in Dark Souls right down to the rooms you fight them in, and that doesn't gel well with me.

Cizard

So who can I give these to? I have a few of them:

mDAV9qa.png

Plum

How the heck do I beat
yharnam the giant?
My attacks seem to do practically nothing to him

Run to the end of the room and pick up the weapon near his throne. Two-hand it and charge up the weapon art (you'll know when it's charged) then attack. It's a gimmick/puzzle boss.

Does Wolf covenant work for anyone else? I can invade with red orbs every once in a while but I don't get summoned by the covenant.

Same here. Worked fine at launch but now i don't get summoned no matter what.
I' m afraid that it's gonna take a very long time to get the covenant rewards :/

What's the catch?

I'm just talking from my own experience so this might not be completely accurate:
On your stat screen, you will now have a hollowing level. By accepting the free levels you were also given dark sigils (not sure about the name) that you cannot get rid of. Every time you die, the sigils will accelerate your hollowing and eventually you will look like a zombie. I think it's only cosmetic. You can reverse the process and get rid of the sigils by paying the Maiden the same amount the free levels would cost you now. So it's better to pay early because the higher your level, the higher the cost to reverse the hollowing, I had to pay 70 000 souls!

Randam

is there a way on PC to zoom the camera more out?

so annoying when you can't see what is going on above you, while you attack their feet.

Its very strange. I am litteraly invincible while i am summoned against the
cursed greatwood
... i dont see the other caracters animations.. They seem to float on the ground and the boss cant harm me.

tuna_love

Banned
I'm just talking from my own experience so this might not be completely accurate:
On your stat screen, you will now have a hollowing level. By accepting the free levels you were also given dark sigils (not sure about the name) that you cannot get rid of. Every time you die, the sigils will accelerate your hollowing and eventually you will look like a zombie. I think it's only cosmetic. You can reverse the process and get rid of the sigils by paying the Maiden the same amount the free levels would cost you now. So it's better to pay early because the higher your level, the higher the cost to reverse the hollowing, I had to pay 70 000 souls!

fuck I was wondering why I was looking super gross

If you are in the swamp after only an hour, you missed a lot of stuff. I'd explore thoroughly the earlier areas for loot and hidden NPCs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dooes DEX still affect cast speed for pyromancers like in DS1?

I could make a dex pyro if so which would be totally different from my STR main I guess

Plum

Ah, OK. Glad I didn't take them then. Now if only I could cure my curse so I could stop looking stinky all the time.

In other news I managed to be the
Consumed King
. I just stuck by his ass for the entire fight, was easier than I thought it would be.

Keinu

cursed greatwood
... i dont see the other caracters animations.. They seem to float on the ground and the boss cant harm me.

Same things been happening to me. Worse part it also happens with invasions and I can't see the invaders animation. The whole online part is really messed up for me, hope they fix it soon.

Plum

Cleared it. That was
underwhelming considering he was one of the four main bosses

I actually really liked it. It reminded me of a boss in Demon's Souls, and it's a nice break from the regular old bosses. MUCH, MUCH better puzzle boss than Bed of Chaos though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
cursed greatwood

Is this on pc? Because this happened multiple times on pc for me (floating/skating phantoms). It's a connection/server issue apparently

Mupod

cursed greatwood

happens sometimes, in my case mostly on the boss after that. Maybe 20% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom