• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone recommend simple infusion for a pyro build? Is the fp regen worth it? Is a chaos or fire infusion not a good idea for a pyro incase I run into a fire resistant boss?

GavinGT

Banned
GAF, help me

I'm at U
ndead
S
ettlement
, I'll try to describe the route I took.
Going up from the bonfire, pass the first house to the bridge to the right. I destroyed some crates and went along the rightmost path, where there were some enemies on roofs shooting arrows or something. I climbed to the the rooftops and dropped behind the house and there was some creature walking with a cage on its back. I got close to it to try a backstab and during my attack I saw for a splitsecond the option to interact (maybe talk?) with it, but too late, my sword is already on it and the option isn't there anymore, so I killed it. Instead of dropping a body, it just outright vanished.

I'm thinking that was a NPC and I fucked it up.
Am I screwed, GAF?

Yeah, you can enter the cage and it'll unlock a covenant. You didn't miss much.

GAF, help me

I'm at U
ndead
S
ettlement
, I'll try to describe the route I took.
Going up from the bonfire, pass the first house to the bridge to the right. I destroyed some crates and went along the rightmost path, where there were some enemies on roofs shooting arrows or something. I climbed to the the rooftops and dropped behind the house and there was some creature walking with a cage on its back. I got close to it to try a backstab and during my attack I saw for a splitsecond the option to interact (maybe talk?) with it, but too late, my sword is already on it and the option isn't there anymore, so I killed it. Instead of dropping a body, it just outright vanished.

I'm thinking that was a NPC and I fucked it up.
Am I screwed, GAF?
It's for
the Mound-Makers covenant. You can still join it by following Sirris of the sunless realms questline.

Gvitor

Yeah, you can enter the cage and it'll unlock a covenant. You didn't miss much.

Well, fuck. I closed the application right there, but too late, the game saved =(

Covenants affect offline play as well?

It's for
the Mound-Makers covenant. You can still join it by following Sirris of the sunless realms questline.

Ohh, alright. I still haven't started it, but good to know there's still a way out. Thanks!

E92 M3

I've been sticking to 100 and getting a lot of matches. Of course it sucks having millions of souls and not being able to use them lol.

If anyone on Xbox is around that level and wants to work on the darkmoon blade covenant let me know. We can take turns equipping the Way of the Blue.

GavinGT

Banned
Well, fuck. I closed the application right there, but too late, the game saved =(

Covenants affect offline play as well?

No, I've played through all these games multiple times and never once gotten into any of the Covenant stuff. It's optional and (imo) silly.

The tower is kindled but not the fire in front of the big door.

I would recommend standing at the top of the tower with the wolf in it and looking around for a fire that you may have missed.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
list please.
need the names.
because I want to continue and return to her latter with higher level/better gear.

Off the top of my head

Ludex Gundyr
Vordt of the Boreal valley
Curse rotted greatwood
stray demon kinda
Crystal Sage
Deacons of the Deep
Abyss Watchers
Old demon king
High Lord Wolnir
Pontif Sulyvahn
Aldritch
Yhorm
Ancient Drake
Nameless King

No, I've played through all these games multiple times and never once gotten into any of the Covenant stuff. It's optional and (imo) silly.

I would recommend standing at the top of the tower with the wolf in it and looking around for a fire that you may have missed.

There are three fires, right? I've found them all.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Optional boss question

Can I beat the
Nameless King
after the final boss? What a bullshit boss, the first phase is bad enough thanks to the stupid camera, and I don't even want to talk about the second phase...

Randam

Off the top of my head

Ludex Gundyr
Vordt of the Boreal valley
Curse rotted greatwood
stray demon kinda
Crystal Sage
Deacons of the Deep
Abyss Watchers
Old demon king
High Lord Wolnir
Pontif Sulyvahn
Aldritch
Yhorm
Ancient Drake
Nameless King

all right, there are two I haven't down yet.
I can reach them befor beating the dancer?

aeroslash

I'm 12 hours in and still not able to defeat the first boss on the high wall of Lodrich, not even close... And the armoured knights still kill me most of the times...Funny times ahead i suppose!

Any of you has ever defeated a boss on his first try?

gaugebozo

Luck seems like the Resistance stat of this game. Should I level it?

What's the best way to level a pyromancer? Both Int and Faith at once, or one then the other?

I'm 12 hours in and still not able to defeat the first boss on the high wall of Lodrich, not even close... And the armoured knights still kill me most of the times...Funny times ahead i suppose!

Keep trying, cheese them with a spear through the door if you have to, they can drop good items those Knights.

You could also buy an Ember from the Firelink Shrine and summon a couple Phantoms to help you with co-op, unless you want to do this Solo.

Also, Bloodborne was my first Souls game and was able to kill Blood-Starved Beast on my first try, was quite pleased with myself. lol

Optional boss question

Can I beat the
Nameless King
after the final boss? What a bullshit boss, the first phase is bad enough thanks to the stupid camera, and I don't even want to talk about the second phase...

Yes, once you finish the game, you will have the option
to go on to new game plus or to continue your playthrough. You will still be able to choose new game plus later.

Footos22

Great tree and crystal sage were a joke tbh. So is the first boss is tells are reallyy easy to just roll out of the way from. He took me 2 tries but the next two bosses are really easy.

ubiblu

Most, actually. But it took over 100 hours of effort and commitment with the prior games to git this gud. Keep at it skeleton!

FtHTiny

Luck seems like the Resistance stat of this game. Should I level it?

What's the best way to level a pyromancer? Both Int and Faith at once, or one then the other?

Only level Luck if you have other stats very high. The resistants won´t do you much good, it´s better for item find but even that isn´t good at all.

JediLink

I feel like I've managed to miss almost everything optional except Sm
ouldering
La
ke
. I've barely interacted with any of the NPCs. I'm not a very good explorer :(

What's your level? And yes however I played every single souls game and earned the platinum, Except demon souls, as well. Of course experience with these type of game is very important. However when I first started out I did get my ass handed to me a lot but regardless don't give up! Keep going and you will win.

Spoo

Finished the game to my satisfaction for now (all optional bosses down, and final boss down, ~half the achievements and level 97 or so at ~40 hours).

Last boss was actually
excellent
-- a perfect challenge for me. The
nameless king
was by far the hardest for me. Had to really get his tells down, wrestle with the camera in exactly the right way, and know exactly how much time you have to do certain things (like heal). He should have been the most fun I had with how difficult he was, but I didn't like his design much.

Can't roll into NG+ yet -- have to help a bunch of friends, and in all honesty I may keep this character around for the DLC and just make a new one that will be my NG+* character; maybe dex-oriented, with a bit of magic? Who knows.

Overall, my favorites are: BB > DS3 > DS2 > DS1 > DeS. I realize that's not what *most* peoples ordering is, but I'm a weird Souls player.

Still using my Claymore +5. I wanted to experiment with some other cool looking weapons but I just love the move set of the claymore. Reminds me of my Ludwig's Holy Blade. That R2 stab is so good.

Is there another great sword with the exact same moveset as the Claymore? (R2 stab) But with higher state?

sora87

So, I think the only npc quest I've managed to complete is
Sirris'
lol
I fucked up all the others it seems and I accidentally
gave Irina a dark book

Oh well :B

Audioboxer

So, I think the only npc quest I've managed to complete is
Sirris'
lol
I fucked up all the others it seems and I accidentally
gave Irina a dark book

Oh well :B

There's a fair bit of cross pollination from questlines this time and random things you can do wrong. It makes it cooler but I was a little annoyed to find respeccing is tied to something that seriously affects questline progression.

That was a bad design decision IMO. I'm all for a limit being put on a respec per playthrough but not tieing it to something rather negative.

SDCowboy

Summon other players. Makes it a lot easier.

la_briola

PC Souls beware! If you see this person:
9485599B13F901B52AD00E91EE32A53A104DF6D0
Leave the game, he uses an unlimited HP cheat (and maybe more).

His (Cokain/N7 Snow) steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198278142551/

1 VAC ban(s) on record | Info
16 day(s) since last ban

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

Does blocking him on Steam stops matchmaking?

myco666

So can I drop my levels down and possibly get more online action? Farming these covenant items is really boring especially since you need to do it for three covenants.

Can you get covenant rank rewards without having the covenant item? I missed getting into the one, but if i found the turn in place, could i still give them there and get the rewards? or will i have to wait for NG+?

Reposting for the new page. Would like to know if I should restart now then =/

So I missed the early entry to the Mound-Makers covenant by
defeating the Tree too early

I know there's an alternate method to get in, but how long does that take? Is it near end game? Wondering if I should just restart since the initial method is so close to the start.

Zaventem

Why do consumables say 0 on the quickslot instead of being removed? What's the purpose behind this fuckery? Some of these little changes are bewildering.

Randam

The two you haven't done are only accessible after dancer.

What weapon are you using, what upgrade level, flasks and strength of flasks

lol, really?
cause I was asking for all I can do befor her.

weapons doens't matter because I can't make myself an other one.
13 flasks at plus 5.

so I have to beat her now to advance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom