• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

I'm 12 hours in and still not able to defeat the first boss on the high wall of Lodrich, not even close... And the armoured knights still kill me most of the times...Funny times ahead i suppose!

Any of you has ever defeated a boss on his first try?

To my surprise I actually killed the third Boss on my first try solo ;)

Reposting for the new page. Would like to know if I should restart now then =/

How far are you in the game? Did you
meet Sirris of the Sunless Realms or join the Rosaria’s Fingers covenant? You should have meet Sirris of the Sunless Realms after you got to Farron Keep. If you joined Rosaria's Finger covenant you fail her questline.

Late game fire keeper spoilers:

I just gave the fire keeper eyes and now she's asking me if I wish for a world without flame. Does this effect the ending? I've been going down the Dark Sigil route and don't want to fuck anything up.

Ricker

I don't get it. Two towers are not kindled. All three fires are gone and two fires are kindled right in front of the big door (that won't open). The fuck?

Just to make sure,the first 2 times who douse the flame,it goes into a little cutscene and the last one,you actually have a cutscene of the doors opening...didnt you get that....?

Neoweee

Why do consumables say 0 on the quickslot instead of being removed? What's the purpose behind this fuckery? Some of these little changes are bewildering.

That is a great fucking change. You don't have to reorganize your bar when you run out of Embers or Moss, for example. It remembers that "hey, I wanted these in my quick use bar before I ran out, so I'll probably want them there once I find more".

Nothing bewildering at all.

How far are you in the game? Did you
meet Sirris of the Sunless Realms or join the Rosaria’s Fingers covenant? You should have meet Sirris of the Sunless Realms after you got to Farron Keep. If you joined Rosaria's Finger covenant you fail her questline.

She appeared at the Firelink shrine, and mentioned working together won't be mutually benefical yet.

I did not join Rosaria's yet, so that's good.

The alt method takes a while, you'll be about 2/3 done I believe.

Actually wait I think it's more like 1/3

If it is only like 1/3, I'll keep my save since I like my character so far.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Frillen

A couple of questions.

1. Is there any reason to use the Estus Ring if you already have the Estus Flask at +7? Should I use the Sun Princes Ring instead?

2. When I beat the final boss will I automatically begin NG+ like in Bloodborne? Or can I continue to explore the world? If so, how do I start NG+?

JediLink

Does anyone want to give me some subtle hints as to some of the optional areas I might have missed? So far I only know
Smouldering Lake. I also know I haven't fully explored the dungeon properly yet as there are still a bunch of locked doors.

EDIT: I'm at early
Lothric Castle

Neoweee

A couple of questions.

1. Is there any reason to use the Estus Ring if you already have the Estus Flask at +7? Should I use the Sun Princes Ring instead?

2. When I beat the final boss will I automatically begin NG+ like in Bloodborne? Or can I continue to explore the world? If so, how do I start NG+?

How much Vigor do you have? Estus Ring wasn't 100% at +7, but I always used the Life Ring as well. Without Estus Ring, I don't think a +7 fills a 1000 HP.

EDIT: Checked. Even +10 with the ring, it won't nearly fill your health meter. You should definitely have 25, IMO, in which case the Estus Ring is worth it.

Akai XIII

I'm a bit lost, I've just defeated
Dragonslayer Armour, Twin Princes and Champion Gundyr
... where am I meant to be going next?

Was there anything else at the
dark firelink? I got the eyes and thing from the bonfire area.

GavinGT

Banned

Put the ashes on the thrones in Firelink.

Does anyone want to give me some subtle hints as to some of the optional areas I might have missed? So far I only know
Smouldering Lake. I also know I haven't fully explored the dungeon properly yet as there are still a bunch of locked doors.

EDIT: I'm at early
Lothric Castle

You need to use a certain gesture in a certain spot. Yeah, good luck with that.

Neoweee

What do to:
Put the Crowns of the Lords on the thrones.

Randam

He was wrong, the last two aren't accessible until beating Dancer. Also, Dancer should be pretty easy if you're leveled for it and you haven't dumped a bunch of stat points into weird stuff.

can't dodge for shit and blocking her combos doesn't work. at least with normal shield.

Frillen

How much Vigor do you have? Estus Ring wasn't 100% at +7, but I always used the Life Ring as well. Without Estus Ring, I don't think a +7 fills a 1000 HP.

EDIT: Checked. Even +10 with the ring, it won't nearly fill your health meter. You should definitely have 25, IMO, in which case the Estus Ring is worth it.

Yeah, my Vigor is actually at 25. I think I will continue to use the Estus Ring. Thanks!

GavinGT

Banned
can't dodge for shit and blocking her combos doesn't work. at least with normal shield.

She has a huge windup before her attacks, so you know when you need to dodge. She also pauses for long period and just stands there. I mostly wail on her from behind and do a few dodges and she's down.

Randam

She has a huge windup before her attacks, so you know when you need to dodge. She also pauses for long period and just stands there. I mostly wail on her from behind and do a few dodges and she's down.

been playing souls for 5 years now, can't and wont ever be able to dodge enemies right.
it is just something, I don't know.
maybe I'm to old. :D

She appeared at the Firelink shrine, and mentioned working together won't be mutually benefical yet.

I did not join Rosaria's yet, so that's good.

If it is only like 1/3, I'll keep my save since I like my character so far.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Have you explored Farron Keep, the poison swamp? There is a long ladder you can climb in that area, which leads to the Watchdogs of Farron covenant. In that room there is an item. Just go around on the outside balcony and there is an illusory wall you can hit to get the item, which is Dreamchaser's Ashes. Give the ashes to the old lady in firelink. Sirris will appear again in firelink and agree to help you out.

Late game spoiler so I will try to be as "vague" as possible. When you cross a long bridge to a city, you will be attack by a dog thing. kill it, leave the area and return. In ember form, you should see a summon sign on the bridge. Enter it to help Sirris out.

After killing all 3 lords of cinder return to where the Giant tree boss in Undead settlement. In emeber form, you should see another summon sign. if you help Sirris and she lives, you will get access to the Mount Maker covenant.

Kaibutsu

Lol, I just saw that there is an infinite souls hack in all versions of the game. Makes sense now how people can beat the game in 15 hours and be at level 90+. There is no other way that this is even remotely possible. I'm at around 25 hours and level 52 at the church area

Just to make sure,the first 2 times who douse the flame,it goes into a little cutscene and the last one,you actually have a cutscene of the doors opening...didnt you get that....?

Well I guess it was a bug. The first fire re-kindled itself , lol. Restarted the game and it worked.

The dark sword is amazing btw.

GavinGT

Banned
Lol, I just saw that there is an infinite souls hack in all versions of the game. Makes sense now how people can beat the game in 15 hours and be at level 90+. There is no other way that this is possible. I'm at 25 hours and level 52 at the church area

Totally doable if you don't go OCD about finding every item. My last playthrough was 23 hours and I did absolutely everything the game had to offer.

Lol, I just saw that there is an infinite souls hack in all versions of the game. Makes sense now how people can beat the game in 15 hours and be at level 90+. There is no other way that this is even remotely possible. I'm at around 25 hours and level 52 at the church area

uh huh

So I started a new character and I realized that I missed out on a ton of shit my first time through. Did all the bosses but the items and NPCs, nope. I think I failed every single NPC quest there was available. Never freed the second vendor, no pyromancer or sorcerer. Never spoke to
Yoel
so he just
died
lol

Also realising Undead Settlement is a pretty cool little area.

ISee

Just out of curiosity: So far I've beaten

Iudex 'one try' Gundyr
Vordt
Greatwood
Crystal 'FU I'm a caster' Sage
Abyss 'slice'n dice' watchers
Deacons
High Lord 'Nightmare' Wolnir
Old Demon 'You look familiar' king
Pontif 'Copycat' Sulyvahn
and Aldrich 'LOL I have a bow' devourer of gods

How far into the game am I?

Reposting:

Question about NPC stuff in Cathedral of the Deep:

So I dropped down from the rafters and got to Rosarias bedchamber bonfire, so I never did the Patches thing. Did I screw up stuff with him and Siegward? I went to check the well and Sieg isn't stuck in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom