• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitusTroy

Champion Gundyr
is impossible...is it not possible to beat him with a STR weapon such as my Greatsword +7...his second phase is ridiculous and he's super aggressive

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I'm 12 hours in and still not able to defeat the first boss on the high wall of Lodrich, not even close... And the armoured knights still kill me most of the times...Funny times ahead i suppose!

Any of you has ever defeated a boss on his first try?

What class are you? If you're deprived or thief your life could be harder because of starting items. I started deprived then rerolled herald and life was a lot easier.

Plum

Champion Gundyr
is impossible...is it not possible to beat him with a STR weapon such as my Greatsword +7...his second phase is ridiculous and he's super aggressive

Using the exact same weapon. I just summoned for that fight and any other fights where the boss was hyper-aggresive. I don't like that so few of the fights seem to accommodate STR builds or slower magic builds, they're just so damn fast.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Champion Gundyr

Use a Gold Pine Resin, he is really weak to lightning damage

Catvoca

Banned
The D
ancer
fight is cool but the camera is so fucking bad. If they had have just stuck it in a bigger room without dumb pillars in the way it would be infinitely better.

ZAuxier

Neo Member
Anyone have any issues with the network on Xbox One? The phantoms that I'm summoning are just scooting around and not actually moving... The same thing happens when I touch bloodstains too.

Gator86

Fight against
The Old Demon King

10% fighting against boss
90% fighting against camera

5th Souls-style game and FROM still hasn't found a way to have a good target cam against anything that's bigger than a human. Ugh.

Yup. They have learned literally nothing in the last decade from making this series. It's mind-boggling. The lock on was just as bad for me half the time. If an enemy got too far to the side, the lock would just break and leave you completely open.

Heartfyre

There's an area where you can literally see two bonfires at the same time, about 10 meters off from each other.

I think their purposed in this game to be more delimiters of distinctly different areas rather than sprinkled throughout as intelligent points of safety.

The shortcuts themselves play that role, primarily (though some of them are sort of inconvenient even for Dark Souls).

You're probably right -- that bonfire I just got to, Farron Keep Perimeter, connected as a short-cut to the Road of Sacrifices. Its purpose is to connect to the shortcut rather than serve as a checkpoint, even if it doubles as one. It just seems so different to the layout of every other Soulsborne game, so that it's really startling when you come across one when you've yet to use a flask or even get hit. And then before you reach the next bonfire, you have to take on 5+ very difficult enemies, and you're near in tears after barely defeating the third one.

twisteh

Oh man. I don't know if he's considered an easy boss but I just one shot
Pontiff I think he was called
and my heart is racing like fuck. WHAT A GAME

Steel

Banned
Okay seems like the old DS1 tactic worked. If the target camera doesn't work: FUCK the target camera, go freestyle

Lock-on is not your friend in Souls. Honestly, one of my problems with Bloodborne is how it forces lock-on with the super dodge.

TyrantII

Apologies to all the new level 10 hollows I griefed yesterday on the wall right at the first bonfire. The Mound Makers needed those vertibre and my purple phantom looked much better in misleading COOP friendly white.

I'll repent. Rest of the week will be team blue.

GavinGT

Banned
Grand Archives
is a really cool area that IMO is totally ruined by having like 18 shortcuts. Every two minutes you're unlocking another shortcut so they never feel rewarding.

pa22word

Anyone know what the cutoff for leveling is as far as mp goes? I know it was 120 in the previous games, and I'm already pretty much there sitting in NG+. Speaking of which does this game carry over the Dark Souls 2 thing where NG+ variances didn't really matter and you could summon across them as long as you paired statistically?

Also, I've been getting slammed with the no entry through fogwall bug a lot here lately =\

Another NG+ woe...really sucks that the early route into you-know-where just ends in an arbitrarily blocked path >_>

bidguy

Banned
Oh man. I don't know if he's considered an easy boss but I just one shot
Pontiff I think he was called
and my heart is racing like fuck. WHAT A GAME

not easy but oh man wait till you get to the hardest .... youll know right away which one it is once you get there

Ferr986

So i have a low level (below 30) character that I want her to have Darkmoon Blade but even with her low level I just cant get summoned as a Blue Sentinel. Anyone have any tips for getting enough items for that?

And with my main character, even though I have yet to finish the game, I didn't find any Blue orb yet. There's really no Blue orbs?

pa22word

Yup. They have learned literally nothing in the last decade from making this series. It's mind-boggling. The lock on was just as bad for me half the time. If an enemy got too far to the side, the lock would just break and leave you completely open.

So....don't lock on? The game lets you control the camera and perform all weapon functions at the same time, you know.

Plum

once I infuse a weapon with for example Lightning, can that effect be removed later or is it permanent?

As long as you have the gems and souls then you can infuse it and de-infuse it as many times as you want. The good thing is is that the reinforcements carry over, so if you want to start with Lightning then later on with higher stats decide to go Heavy or Sharp then you don't have to worry about reinforcing it all over again.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So to confirm, I have a Raw Broadsword+2 with 180 damage or so. There's a random axe I found in High Walls of Lothric with 103 physical and 103 dark (I think). Which one is better? My raw broadsword seemed to be better, but I don't get why. I was mainly fighting the zombies in the area.

I'm currently right at Farron Keep:
I fought a black/dark knight in the previous area, who dropped his shield, and it is DIESEL. 100 physical resist plus 50%+ for all the magics. Super good.

Is there a second boss or another area's boss connected to
the road of sacrifices
? Still able to see signs and get invaded there after killing the
Crystal Sage

Korosenai

Anyone have any issues with the network on Xbox One? The phantoms that I'm summoning are just scooting around and not actually moving... The same thing happens when I touch bloodstains too.
When phantoms are doing that they're invincible to bosses. Had some guy two times in a row last night wreck the dancer because he could just stand there and attack her and the dancer was only doing ten damage to him per hit. I took a video of it happening: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Korosenai/video/16690621

Also, I don't even know the guy who summoned me so that sychronized sitting was a complete accident.

pa22word

Is there a second boss or another area's boss connected to
the road of sacrifices
? Still able to see signs and get invaded there after killing the
Crystal Sage

Every time I go there I get slammed with invaders. I think it must be some kind of pvp zone or something.

So to confirm, I have a Raw Broadsword+2 with 180 damage or so. There's a random axe I found in High Walls of Lothric with 103 physical and 103 dark (I think). Which one is better? My raw broadsword seemed to be better, but I don't get why. I was mainly fighting the zombies in the area.

I'm currently right at Farron Keep:
I fought a black/dark knight in the previous area, who dropped his shield, and it is DIESEL. 100 physical resist plus 50%+ for all the magics. Super good.
Black Knight shields
have generally been some of the best non-greatshield shields in the game.

The one in Dark souls 1 had 100% physical and fire resistance in the 90s which worked wonders for some enemies/bosses.

Champion Gundyr

Yeah, most Ultra Greatswords are too slow for a few of the bosses, you'll get hit 90% of the time you take a swing.

I had to switch to the Butcher's Knife for: P
ontiff
S
ully
, D
ancer
, C
hampion
G
undry
, 2 P
rinces
, and N
ameless
K
ing
phase 2.

Otherwise I'd get hit, take damage and/or get stunlocked into massive damage/death. The UGSs hardly even stun/stagger the bosses, the Butcher's Knife was getting me more consistent staggers than Gut's UGS.

And Gut's UGS is most likely getting nerfed in the next update, too. :l

tesqui

I don't know how I did it, but I beat the
Nameless King
first try. I didn't even know it was considered one of the harder bosses. The hardest boss for me was
Lothric Princes
which took multiple sessions to beat.

Cracklox

I. Feel. Inept

(Mid-gameish boss - D
ragonslayer
A
rmor
)

Just spent 3 and a half hours getting my ass handed to me by this douche canoe. He's not even that hard, i just keep fucking up in new and creative ways. I've got a good handle on most of his attacks (except for some of his 2 hand bullshit, which I just try and stay well clear of) and being shit on by dragons midfight is annoying but its hardly the worst second phase surprise ever. I dodged, dipped, dived, ducked and dodged my way past Dancer too, which was way more intense, and took a while as well but not this long. Anyway off to bed, the bitch of some Dragonslayer armor.

Fuck

The big enemy on the
brigde in ithiryll is the same one that appears later in a knee deep sea or is that a different one ?

That fucker sucks. Any tips?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Also, are most builds str / mag midrange? I'm kind of ignoring mag completely and I'm around level 50ish. Should I start dumping points into magic?

Kurtofan

Path of
the dragon
question: I've beaten
Hawkwood
and got all four pieces of the
dragon stones
am I missing something?

KHlover

Banned
Well that was a short guestplay by
Patches
. Bought some black firebombs and then, well...let's just say I value Greirat more than him :D

GulAtiCa

Question about the ending and Anri:
Do I need to speak to him/her at Firelink Shrine before beating Abyss Watchers? I beat that boss but forgot to talk to him/her, since didn't beat Deacons of the Deep yet. Did I screw myself up for this quest? Should I restore my save to earlier today? Or is that part not required.

Says #3 here (Questline B (Usurpation of Fire Ending)): http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Anri+of+Astora

usp84

The L
othric Princes
were by far the most difficult for me so far. I died at least 10-15 times there.

Really good boss however

dock

Pretty stuck on the Ab
yss Watchers
boss. Any advice?
I'm using a medium axe, but I keep failing on the second stage because taking any of those hits eats so much health. :(

I can't for the life of me beat (Mid-game boss)
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Only got to his second phase once. Any kind of tips or equipment I should wear?

Heres how i did it

Phase 1

equip 100% shield.
Run up to him and circle strafe to your right with shield up.
After he combos you can hit a couple of times. Some weapons a charged r2 is good.
Repeat till phase 2.

Phase 2
Take out clone ASAP. you can get hits in as its being summond as well.
Repeat phase 1 tactic but bear in mind his new moves (magic and jump strike). If close he seems less likely to do them anyway.

With the clone he is a pain in the arse though. Feels like a nit very clever way to add difficulty.

pa22word

Pretty stuck on the Ab
yss Watchers
boss. Any advice?
I'm using a medium axe, but I keep failing on the second stage because taking any of those hits eats so much health. :(

Ride his ass and roll. His more hard to dodge moves all come out when you're a car length away from him.

Plum

Where do I go to get to A
rchdragon Peak?

You need to defeat an optional boss in the Garden area then you're given a gesture. Go to that weird row of knights and a dragon sitting down in Irithyll dungeon and do that gesture there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom