• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinGT

Banned
Reposting:

Question about NPC stuff in Cathedral of the Deep:

So I dropped down from the rafters and got to Rosarias bedchamber bonfire, so I never did the Patches thing. Did I screw up stuff with him and Siegward? I went to check the well and Sieg isn't stuck in there...

On one of my playthroughs I had to come back to the well later on for him to appear.

Randam

Aside from parrying, he's stacking a bunch of damage buffs to get that amount of damage. If that's what you're worried about, you can do exactly what he does using the exact same rings.

what rings would that be?

and when can I by flame/lightning resin?

Zocano

Well, damn. :(

Is being a cool Purple Phantom worth it? Probably not, right? =/

It's kinda weird but it's not reeaaalllyyy anything different. It's PvP where you have no allegiance to anything.

what rings would that be?

and when can I by flame/lightning resin?

You should already be able to buy infinite amounts of charcoal and lightning resin.

He is using the following rings for damage:
Flynn's RIng, Lloyd's Sword Ring
He's also got a +7 weapon that's raw so he doesn't care about scaling.

Just out of curiosity: So far I've beaten

Iudex 'one try' Gundyr
Vordt
Greatwood
Crystal 'FU I'm a caster' Sage
Abyss 'slice'n dice' watchers
Deacons
High Lord 'Nightmare' Wolnir
Old Demon 'You look familiar' king
Pontif 'Copycat' Sulyvahn
and Aldrich 'LOL I have a bow' devourer of gods

How far into the game am I?

2/3-ish

Well, after a weary battle against
Aldrich
I went back to reset some of my skill points (since I had to re-skill some stuff for this one battle) and to my surprise one of the bugs spawned just right outside
Rosaria
resting place, I wonder if it's meant to be
Aldrich
reborn.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Just out of curiosity: So far I've beaten

Iudex 'one try' Gundyr
Vordt
Greatwood
Crystal 'FU I'm a caster' Sage
Abyss 'slice'n dice' watchers
Deacons
High Lord 'Nightmare' Wolnir
Old Demon 'You look familiar' king
Pontif 'Copycat' Sulyvahn
and Aldrich 'LOL I have a bow' devourer of gods

How far into the game am I?

70% if you ignore the optional bosses, 50% if you don't

Hey all, I'm about 15 hours in, just beat my first lord of cinDer, and I'm wondering if I should keep going. I haven't been super impressed with the game so far, but because I'm a huge souls fan, I've kept going.

Have I seen the best areas in the game yet? I just made it to the
catacombs
.I haven't loved any single area yet. Is there a lot of game left to change my mind?

Also, to people who have played pc and ps4 versions- are the textures on the armor more detailed on pc?

KHlover

Banned
Fight against
The Old Demon King

10% fighting against boss
90% fighting against camera

5th Souls-style game and FROM still hasn't found a way to have a good target cam against anything that's bigger than a human. Ugh.

GavinGT

Banned
Hey all, I'm about 15 hours in, just beat my first lord of cinDer, and I'm wondering if I should keep going. I haven't been super impressed with the game so far, but because I'm a huge souls fan, I've kept going.

Have I seen the best areas in the game yet? I just made it to the
catacombs
.I haven't loved any single area yet. Is there a lot of game left to change my mind?

Also, to people who have played pc and ps4 versions- are the textures on the armor more detailed on pc?

The best areas are right after Catacombs. But nothing is mindblowing.

Spoo

Fight against
The Old Demon King

5th Souls-style game and FROM still hasn't found a way to have a good target cam against anything that's bigger than a human. Ugh.

If you think that's bad, I weep for your soul(s) when or if you encounter
Nameless King
:D

Plum

Fuck... I just (late game spoilers for Firelink NPC)
gave the Firekeeper the eyes, and now she wants me to kill her

Have I fucked up?

Sub Zero

Fight against
The Old Demon King

If the camera in that boss fight gave you trouble just wait till you get to one of the optional end game bosses.

jtrov

It has to do with hollow and the shattered covenant icon. I thought there were no summons after a ton of hollow but there is. The one thing I have NEVER had happen is me be summoned by one of those covenants.

Interesting...

I did notice my icon was a little distorted, but I thought I cleared my hollow form by talking to the statue in the underground sewer area (no dark similes either). Though I found it odd that the fire keeper still wants 430,000 souls to cure it as well...

So just so I'm getting this right, my covenant icon when emberred should be crystal clear? It looks fine when I'm not, but now that you said that I do notice that you can't really make out the emblem when emberred.

Lakitu

st5fu
So what shall I do first? I
rithyll
D
ungeon
or P
rofaned
C
apital
? If I do either or both, can I no longer access A
rchdragon
P
eak
?

TheRed

I'm going to work. I just want to say FROM just keeps getting better in my opinion. I only thought Dark Souls was pretty cool, but it was ugly a lot of the time and I only really liked a couple boss fights, the novelty of the world being so connected is what I appreciated a lot even though I thought a lot of the levels were garbage it was still neat. Dark Souls 2 was just okay and felt like a spin off with a million bosses that we're not that interesting and the world felt bland. Bloodborne was really fucking cool and stylish. Had my favorite bosses and NPC fights , they really felt aggressive and like duels. The art was amazing and combat felt so smooth. It was the only one of these games I felt the urge to start NG+ while the others I was just one and done. Now Dark Souls 3 is my absolute favorite it's so damn good and full of content I'm 19 hours in and haven't seen a lot if things people are talking about yet. The gameplay feels the best, like they learned from Bloodborne but this game steps up the environments and challenge. Being able to play it on PC at 60 fps makes it more enjoyable too. I'm happy with them pumping these games out if they keep going like this, Bloodborne and DS3 are their best to me.

Heartfyre

I'm sure it's been said, but I just can't get over how frequently the bonfires are popping up this time. I just left from one, killed one enemy, and now I've found another. It's a bit excessive, quite frankly.

Sub Zero

rithyll
D
ungeon
or P
rofaned
C
apital
rchdragon
P
eak
?

Ummm, they're pretty much one zone since
Irithyll Dungeon
doesn't have a boss. You can access
Archdragon Peak
at any point during the game when you obtain the gesture

Reposting:

Question about NPC stuff in Cathedral of the Deep:

So I dropped down from the rafters and got to Rosarias bedchamber bonfire, so I never did the Patches thing. Did I screw up stuff with him and Siegward? I went to check the well and Sieg isn't stuck in there...

Probably,
if Patches isn't there to sell you Siegward armor, you wouldn't be able to save the catarina knight without it, so me thinks that questline is gone for you.

jtrov

Any way I can change it back? I don't really want to go down that path.
What happens if I kill her? How will I level up?
It's all good, it gives you a choice once you get there.

I never killed her, but another NPC sorta fills the same role once their quest is complete

GavinGT

Banned
rithyll
D
ungeon
or P
rofaned
C
apital
rchdragon
P
eak
?

Irithyll Dungeon is the area before Profaned Capital. And there's no getting locked out of Archdragon Peak.

Lakitu

st5fu
Ummm, they're pretty much one zone since
Irithyll Dungeon
doesn't have a boss. You can access
Archdragon Peak
at any point during the game when you obtain the gesture

Thanks! So if I continue down the
Profaned Capital
route that will lead me to the boss right?

Irithyll Dungeon is the area before Profaned Capital. And there's no getting locked out of Archdragon Peak.

Thanks!

Spoo

I'm sure it's been said, but I just can't get over how frequently the bonfires are popping up this time. I just left from one, killed one enemy, and now I've found another. It's a bit excessive, quite frankly.

There's an area where you can literally see two bonfires at the same time, about 10 meters off from each other.

I think their purposed in this game to be more delimiters of distinctly different areas rather than sprinkled throughout as intelligent points of safety.

The shortcuts themselves play that role, primarily (though some of them are sort of inconvenient even for Dark Souls).

PFD

Yeah definitely reminds me of
Anor Londo

anor_londo0zlc1.jpg

So much 'fan service' in this game.

lol

Kaibutsu

Ok, I apologize then. I just couldn't wrap my mind around how it was mathematically possible to get that high of a level in that short amount of time, i.e the wiki says to level up at level 90 is 49,125 souls! That blows my mind!

jtrov

Oh, OK. So it's like
meeting Karth in Dark Souls 1, except unlike that you can't get the ending if you don't end up meeting him.

A summon sign for her will appear after the final battle. That gives you the chance to go down an alternate ending since you gave her the eyes. So it's easily avoidable.

Also read the spoiler in my previous post, just edited it once I saw what you wrote.

I've reached the horrible
Irythill Dungeon/Prison
and, well, SCREW the enemies in there. There is also a "Nope.avi" gif moment when you step into a certain cell, especially if you are using the torch, just like how Dark Souls 1 had those skeleton monsters in Tomb of the Giants.

I'm only hoping to clear this area ASAP becasue I hate it with passion now.

edit: as mentioned in previous pages, looking forward to see some boss gif interpretations. I can't get out of my head that Vicar Amelia one, haha.

So a question, after I beat L&L that means I can't go any further in that direction, right? So that means go through
Consumated gardens
?

Plum

A summon sign for her will appear after the final battle. That gives you the chance to go down an alternate ending since you gave her the eyes. So it's easily avoidable.

Also read the spoiler in my previous post, just edited it once I saw what you wrote.

Ah, OK. Thanks. I don't care about the ways to get endings, I just care about the endings themselves.

I've been meaning to ask. Can you possibly copy a save before the ending to get both? I really don't want to have to complete NG+ or NG again just to get the other one/s I missed, and I want a save for the DLC when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom