• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAuxier

Neo Member
When phantoms are doing that they're invincible to bosses. Had some guy two times in a row last night wreck the dancer because he could just stand there and attack her and the dancer was only doing ten damage to him per hit. I took a video of it happening: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Korosenai/video/16690621

Also, I don't even know the guy who summoned me so that sychronized sitting was a complete accident.

So is this a glitch? It screwed me when a mad Phantom invaded and I wasn't able to do anything against it.

Plum

After the credits the game asks you if you want to go to NG+ or stay at NG. If you choose to stay in NG you can select "begin journey 2" from Firelink Shrine bonfire to go to NG+.

That's a massive relief. After Dark Souls 2 I thought Bloodborne would do the same thing but it didn't. Thank god they brought that back, although I'm still going to copy my save to get all the endings.

Floody

Lol, I just saw that there is an infinite souls hack in all versions of the game. Makes sense now how people can beat the game in 15 hours and be at level 90+. There is no other way that this is even remotely possible. I'm at around 25 hours and level 52 at the church area

If someone can do that glitch well enough to get enough souls to get to level 90+ they deserve it, that shit is harder than any boss. I tried to do it once to get 20K for the key, and I spent 20 minutes failing and just went and grinded them.

Cracklox

Pretty stuck on the Ab
yss Watchers
boss. Any advice?
I'm using a medium axe, but I keep failing on the second stage because taking any of those hits eats so much health. :(

I found that pretty easy with a bow. Just dodge, dodge, dodge and wait for
the ground slam or dash attack
where u can get a safe shot in. Of course though I was it doing with a bow that had been leveled up, so it was doing some decent damage. Maybe took
or so arrows

The big enemy on the
brigde in ithiryll is the same one that appears later in a knee deep sea or is that a different one ?

That fucker sucks. Any tips?

For the one (two, actually) that are in the knee-deep area, you can get it's attention with an arrow, climb back up the ladder a bit and tap O/B to drop off and do a plunge attack for massive damage.

For the one on the bridge... uh, kill it until it dies is my strategy! :p

That enemy is really hard for me to read,, so I just rolled around most of the time and took a few swipes with my UGS and was able to survive it.

Noirulus

Still can't get DS4 controller to work on PC. Tried DS4Windows with hide ds4 option, tried InputMapper.. Wtf do I need to do and why don't games have native DS4 support :/

Edit: I just realized it's my gamecube controller conflicting with the DS4 for some reason. Unplugged the Mayflash adapter and everything is ok.

sora87

Just wait till you get to one of the optional areas. Summon signs gone in seconds lol

I ended up just running through on my own, getting invaded in there is not good, although it was quit fun having an invader stalking me and summoning someone who arrived as we were in the middle of fighting

Catvoca

Banned
Is the game going to give me Twinkling Titanite at some point? Just beat the D
ancer
boss and I feel like the game's given me barely any. The weapon I want to use (Irithyll straight sword) needs it and so far I've only gotten it to +3 because that's all I've found.

KHlover

Banned
Just got "Ring of the Knight Slayer" dropped by a hostile NPC. Enemies losing more stamina if they block my attacks does sound pretty nice.

usp84

ancer
boss and I feel like the game's given me barely any. The weapon I want to use (Irithyll straight sword) needs it and so far I've only gotten it to +3 because I've found barely any.

The area after that boss has a lot of lizards with twinkling titanite

Just killed A
byss Watchers
and D
eacon
. Is there anything past D
eacon
or is it a dead end? I am aware of the area after the former boss I just listed.

Alucrid

Banned
ancer
boss and I feel like the game's given me barely any. The weapon I want to use (Irithyll straight sword) needs it and so far I've only gotten it to +3 because that's all I've found.

you can buy it later

Aurongel

Just got "Ring of the Knight Slayer" dropped by a hostile NPC. Enemies losing more stamina if they block my attacks does sound pretty nice.
Enemies in this game recover stamina so fast anyway that it barely matters. Those dancer-like enemies in
lower Irithyll
don't give a FUCK about stamina management. I noticed nothing different in combat encounters with it equipped and folks in PvP tend to dodge more than tank.

ogbg

Is there something up with the servers today (PC)? Every time I invade or lay a red sign I just get those floating bodies with no animations. Never had a problem before.

pa22word

Is there something up with the servers today (PC)? Every time I invade or lay a red sign I just get those floating bodies with no animations. Never had a problem before.

I've been having problems all morning too. Only reason I'm here and not playing it more lol :p

Zoggy

people are calling it a "best of" collection of the older souls games, but to me it just felt like they just recycled everything and had no new ideas at all.

so many levels were just plain ass copies of stuff we've already seen.

almost near the end so i'm not just gonna tag the rest of this with spoilers.

high wall of lothric, the part with the dragon was the same shit we saw in demons 1-2 level, and the dark souls red dragon level. running past a dragons fire breath is getting old, its not exciting anymore.

undead settlement, probably the only unique level they had in the game. that was cool. boss sucked tho.

then theres the shitty swamp level, why do they keep doing this. blighttown sucks, world 5 in demons sucked, the rotten and pitch black area in dks2 sucked. fuck those levels.

oh and we also went into the catacombs again and fought some skeletons, oh gee.

and then they just fuckin copy pasted anor londo(well not really, they just took the two parts everyone remembered about it).

what they really did copy paste almost 1:1 was lothric castle from demons 1-4. i was rolling my eyes.
and also they took out powerstance, liek wtf is that shit? why?

DedValve

Banned
50k souls wasted only to realize

after buying the tower key, getting 5 free level ups, buying a purging stone from Yuri and some other shit I'm forgetting it will cost 40k souls just to get rid of 1 level of dark sign.

Staying hallowed it is.

dealer-

people are calling it a "best of" collection of the older souls games, but to me it just felt like they just recycled everything and had no new ideas at all.

so many levels were just plain ass copies of stuff we've already seen.

almost near the end so i'm not just gonna tag the rest of this with spoilers.

high wall of lothric, the part with the dragon was the same shit we saw in demons 1-2 level, and the dark souls red dragon level. running past a dragons fire breath is getting old, its not exciting anymore.

undead settlement, probably the only unique level they had in the game. that was cool. boss sucked tho.

then theres the shitty swamp level, why do they keep doing this. blighttown sucks, world 5 in demons sucked, the rotten and pitch black area in dks2 sucked. fuck those levels.

oh and we also went into the catacombs again and fought some skeletons, oh gee.

and then they just fuckin copy pasted anor londo(well not really, they just took the two parts everyone remembered about it).

what they really did copy paste almost 1:1 was lothric castle from demons 1-4. i was rolling my eyes.
and also they took out powerstance, liek wtf is that shit? why?

Yeah, I think six months from now maybe this will be the consensus that it was pretty lazy overall, it didn't really add anything new.

Sullichin

So, anyone know how good Carthus Flame Arc is with some int or faith investment?

It's pretty crappy at 10/10 but I'm not sure if it would be worth it to put like 10 points in faith.

Fuck
Nameless King

Now i'm a salt bag.

seinf.gif

Holy shit.

(Mid late-game boss.)

Beating the
Dancer has to be the highest point of the playthrough so far. Unrelenting attacks. Insane range. Having to be absurdly patient. My hand are shaking right now lol.

pa22word

Is it just me or is the only thing that changed from ng to ng+ was they changed up the usable souls item's names and left some +1 rings laying around?

Very disappointing coming off scholar, which had like a hundred hours of playtime buried in the ng+ modes.

I've been using the Irithyll sword for decades but I'm not leveling it cause I know I'm on the verge of a better weapon.

Man I need a good str weapon and I'm about 18 hours in. I guess I'm asking for recommendations. I'm also really tempted to grab a soul transposition weapon but there's so much to choose from, they all look dope.

Kaibutsu

Hah, I just now 25 hours into the game, figured out that attunement is the stat that dictates how big your fp bar is. I just thought there was no way to make that bigger...

I've been using the Irithyll sword for decades but I'm not leveling it cause I know I'm on the verge of a better weapon.

Man I need a good str weapon and I'm about 18 hours in. I guess I'm asking for recommendations. I'm also really tempted to grab a soul transposition weapon but there's so much to choose from, they all look dope.
Tbh, this game feels like Bloodborne. Just pick one weapon that you like, upgrade it and finish the game with it.

I am 15h in and still using the Claymore.

Sullichin

I like all of these
Dark Sword
Spiked Mace
Great Axe
Great Club
Great Machete

Akronis

Greataxe. Doing 600 dmg a swing is good fun.

eot

Banned

Check out the mace you get from the second boss' soul.
Or the Farron Greatsword, which is a quality weapon IIRC, but the moveset is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom