• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxu

I'm really stuck now.
Abyss Watchers
phase two always gets me and the
Cathedral of the Deep
is just jam-packed with really annoying enemies. Especially the twin blade guys that follow you to the ends of the earth are giving me a hard time.

The +4 fire Uchigatana is the best weapon I've got and seems to work pretty decently against most enemies thanks to the fire damage. Can I get anything better at this point of the game? I picked up the Arstor Spear but it's a bit slow and I can't really get much more out of it.

This game, like Bloodborne, is annoyingly skimpy about the upgrade materials other than the most basic Titanite Shards. I wish you could at least buy them.

Also fuck some of those hitboxes.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Tbh, this game feels like Bloodborne. Just pick one weapon that you like, upgrade it and finish the game with it.

I am 15h in and still using the Claymore.

That's not me, for sure. It's a lot easier to max out a weapon in this game than in Bloodborne, and it also doesn't have that godawful rune system that means you need to spend minutes re-inserting runes whenever you want to try a weapon. Other than chunks being kind of rare/expensive, it's really easy to max out weapons in this game, in the late game at any rate. 15h in maybe not so much, but at that point you should at least have a reliable supply of small/large titanite.

Putty

Add me to the camp of hitting a brick wally with the Abyss Watchers....In the main i can get through phase one, sometime i die but no biggie....phase 2 is where the intensity comes from....Reading a page back i'm going to try getting close to his arse, and maybe get the old robin hood bow and arrow out...

I'm fighting the Abyss Watchers, and I would have thought I would be using a more specialized weapon than the Broadsword+2 by now. Any recommendations on a replacement?

Right now my STR is 22 and DEX is 20. I'm leveling towards the Greatsword because I liked it a lot in Dark Souls 2. Though, in DS1 I used Quelaag's Fury Sword, so I'm familiar with both styles.

Steel

Banned
I'm really stuck now.
Abyss Watchers
phase two always gets me and the
Cathedral of the Deep
is just jam-packed with really annoying enemies. Especially the twin blade guys that follow you to the ends of the earth are giving me a hard time.

The +4 fire Uchigatana is the best weapon I've got and seems to work pretty decently against most enemies thanks to the fire damage. Can I get anything better at this point of the game? I picked up the Arstor Spear but it's a bit slow and I can't really get much more out of it.

This game, like Bloodborne, is annoyingly skimpy about the upgrade materials other than the most basic Titanite Shards. I wish you could at least buy them.

Also fuck some of those hitboxes.

About the shards...
If you're at the abyss walkers, you should have found an Umbral Ash by now that allows the shopkeeper to sell titanite shards for 800 souls a pop.

Putty

Tbh, this game feels like Bloodborne. Just pick one weapon that you like, upgrade it and finish the game with it.

Exactly what i've done. I still have my longsword that i've levelled up, and the firt bow i picked up, nothing more nothing less.

Nameless

I'd like to request a Fashion Souls update from anyone who'd like to share. Been seeing some narly looking characters while invading.

Still rocking the
Pontiff Armor & Gaunlets
with the
Antiquated
Skirt and sometimes the
Fire Witch
helm, and it's God damn immaculate:

fgoTBIyh.jpg

*couple more with mid game location spoilers*

http://i.imgur.com/2bdTkKE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QfkQra1.jpg

BizzyBum

the starting knight armor is op, they probably shouldnt made it have so much physical resist

It really is. Every time I pick up new armor I check the stats and all I see is red. lol

Sometimes depending on a certain boss I switch out for a set with higher elemental resistance but I'm 99% in Knight armor for the game.

this... i used the long sword + fire gem upgraded to +9 for my first play through

i had a couple of other swords (sharp ugikatana +9, dark axe +9, etc...) but didnt even end up using them

That's not me, for sure. It's a lot easier to max out a weapon in this game than in Bloodborne, and it also doesn't have that godawful rune system that means you need to spend minutes re-inserting runes whenever you want to try a weapon. Other than chunks being kind of rare/expensive, it's really easy to max out weapons in this game, in the late game at any rate. 15h in maybe not so much, but at that point you should at least have a reliable supply of small/large titanite.

But that is not the point I am making here. My point is being comfortable and using a weapon until the end, just like mandy did in Bloodborne. Not talking about how easy/hard the upgrading is.

I don't know if this is common knowledge but I noticed that the
Crystal Sage rapier
gives 50 item discovery so I've been rolling with it in my left hand instead of a shield and found a huge increase in drops!

Floody

Add me to the camp of hitting a brick wally with the Abyss Watchers....In the main i can get through phase one, sometime i die but no biggie....phase 2 is where the intensity comes from....Reading a page back i'm going to try getting close to his arse, and maybe get the old robin hood bow and arrow out...

Try rolling to where his attacks ends, and then stun lock him for a few hits, he has low HP so should only take a few. I found him to fast to stay close to.

Sullichin

Spending a lot of time helping people with A
ldrich Devourer of Gods
. So much fun. It's way easier to
get behind him when he's about to shoot arrows, because they only target one player
. Lots of hosts dying instantly to that attack :D

Nephtes

Oh my God! I feel like Dark Souls 3 lied to me!

I'm all walking around I
rithyl of the Boreal Valley
and everything is fine. I kill the boss of the area and get to a big courtyard with
black knights shooting dragon arrows at me while I have to climb perilous flying buttresses
. Okay, that's nostalgic... Fine...

But then, I get to a lever. I pull the lever and
a circular staired elevator comes down.
Son of a bitch... This isn't
Irithyl of the Boreal Valley
it's mother fucking
Anor Londo

The feels man... The feels finding my friend
the giant blacksmith... Dead...

:C

Sullichin

I'm all walking around I
and everything is fine. I kill the boss of the area and get to a big courtyard with
black knights shooting dragon arrows at me while I have to climb perilous flying buttresses

it's mother fucking
Anor Londo

the giant blacksmith...

So good.

KingKong

I feel like in this game, more than the others, the only thing that really makes a difference is upgrading your weapon and maybe using your items. Armor and resistances and rings dont do that much of a difference unless you really stack them for one specific purpose like endurance

Randam

after only one attack, this is just bullshit:

http://i.imgur.com/Y5p0aUU.jpg

I know, I'm probably the only one who still gets caught by that grab, but still..
I have to heal after every little hit, just so I wont die instantly to that grab.

edit: how do you hid images, so I can click the black bar and the apear?

Aurongel

I'm all walking around I

it's mother fucking
Anor Londo

the giant blacksmith... Dead...

Regarding the corpse you find, Andre the blacksmith has some stuff to say about it :/

Naite

After all the trouble Na
meless King
gave me last night, I beat him on my first attempt today. Halfway into the second phase I realized I didnt need to rely on my shield and switched to my dual wielding drang hammers and made quick work of him. The 2 positive ratings within a minute for message I left about the ring of steel protection location was a nice little safety net.

I've been using the Irithyll sword for decades but I'm not leveling it cause I know I'm on the verge of a better weapon.

Man I need a good str weapon and I'm about 18 hours in. I guess I'm asking for recommendations. I'm also really tempted to grab a soul transposition weapon but there's so much to choose from, they all look dope.

I am in the same situation. Been using the Deep Axe since I got it and I really want to use something else.

skny

Just beat Pontiff. Last time I've felt this good in a video game was after beating O&S. Also so far almost all of the bosses have been very memorable and lore-heavy and I'm sure it will get even better.

That's every souls game man. People thought the same thing in DS1 before the infamous Drake Sword discovery.Their are lots of awesome early game, end game weapons that you attain early. You can do something very early that can open an end game area. Way more options.I'd rather have that than a Drake sword, and lighting spear at Sens Fortress for quality build progression. Once you get a bit further you'll find the really awesome weapons btw.

Just beat Pontiff. Last time I've felt this good in a video game was after beating O&S. Also so far almost all of the bosses have been very memorable and lore-heavy and I'm sure it will get even better.

He's such a vile person in the lore too. Makes the victory that much sweeter.

Floody

I know, I'm probably the only one who still gets caught by that grab, but still..
I have to heal after every little hit, just so I wont die instantly to that grab.

I'm really dreading this fight, I decided I don't need much Vigor, so have left it pretty low until recently, your health bar is higher than mine when
embered

How do I do the save thing so I can get all three endings?

On Bloodborne I just uploaded my save to cloud storage before choosing, once done I'd download it and pick another, that should work with Dark Souls 3, if you don't have Plus, or on a different platform, a USB should do.

Zocano

http://i.imgur.com/Y5p0aUU.jpg

The grab has a super long wind-up so you're gonna have to learn to either dodge it or step out of the way when it's coming.

I'm 12 hours in and still not able to defeat the first boss on the high wall of Lodrich, not even close... And the armoured knights still kill me most of the times...Funny times ahead i suppose!

Any of you has ever defeated a boss on his first try?

Git gud? Time your attacks. Be careful. Roll toward them and swing hard from behind. Don't get greedy with hits. Never be greedy with hits...

I'm really dreading this fight, I decided I don't need much Vigor, so have left it pretty low until recently, your health bar is higher than mine when
embered

On Bloodborne I just uploaded my save to cloud storage before choosing, once done I'd download it and pick another, that should work with Dark Souls 3, if you don't have Plus, a USB should do.
Thanks!

Szadek

I played the game quite a lot over the weekend.
It's my first playthrough and I heard the game is relatively easy and short,so I decied to try something new and possibly make the game a bit harder and longer for myself.
I started as the assassin and went for a spellcaster + dex build. I also don't use a shield.
So far I'm doing reasonably well. I defeated Deacons of the Deep a few hours ago and I'm now fighting the Abyss Watchers.
It's the first boss that's a real challenge, the others weren't too bad.

I got to say, while the level design is great, the game feels really linear.
Finding out that Cathedral of the Deep is a dead end was really disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom