• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

after only one attack, this is just bullshit:

http://i.imgur.com/Y5p0aUU.jpg

I know, I'm probably the only one who still gets caught by that grab, but still..
I have to heal after every little hit, just so I wont die instantly to that grab.

Hug her right side and she should have a lot more difficulty grabbing you, or even attempting to, since she uses her right hand for it. Staying in front of her or on her left is what puts you at major risk for that grab move.

HAH! I beat (late game boss?)
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
with nothing but my spell
Dorhy's Gnawing. Shorten spell cast time ring + both miracle boost rings + 45 faith. Cast 1: 230 - 240 dmg. Cast 2: 700+ damage. Apparently with my setup, 2nd cast triggers bleed effect.

Pheeeeew, I feel really good about my build choice. I don't know how I would handle that boss as a melee build.

So quick question: is there some kind of item that lets you leave while invading? If so, does your opponent get all the stuff they would get had they killed you?

I was summoned as a Blue Knight to help out a guy who had been invaded. When it became clear we were going to win, the invader guy started running toward mobs to make us fight them. Eventually my stranger buddy said "fuck it" and we both started going backwards, until eventually the "invader vanquished" (or whatever, I don't remember the exact wording) message appeared and I got returned. I'm not sure if the guy just disconnected or if there's some kind of item that lets you bail, and if so, I'm not sure if I got any reward for doing so.

Sanctuary

Finished the game twice now, and have done a ton of 3-4 hour restarts just to test stuff out. This isn't anything new (I'm sure it's been discussed to death already in this very thread), but I can't honestly tell what FROM was thinking with the Knight class. From a min/max perspective, if you plan on stopping at a specific level range, I don't know if there's actually a better pick for anything.

There's also not really a better pick for the early game in general too regardless of what kind of build you are going for, which includes heavy casting. The gear the Knight starts out with just beats everyone elses, and the longsword can actually carry you though the entire game easily if you want, and its moveset is excellent just like it was in the first Dark Souls. Sure, you can get the uchi or straight sword early too, but both require stat investments into other areas that you might not want to be bothering with early on. I guess the Knight really is the poster boy for the series, so they had to give him the best in all of the areas that count?

I guess if you plan on playing something like a 10 STR Sorcerer, you could say that they are tied for "wasted" stats, but that's about it.

KHlover

Banned
So quick question: is there some kind of item that lets you leave while invading? If so, does your opponent get all the stuff they would get had they killed you?

I was summoned as a Blue Knight to help out a guy who had been invaded. When it became clear we were going to win, the invader guy started running toward mobs to make us fight them. Eventually my stranger buddy said "fuck it" and we both started going backwards, until eventually the "invader vanquished" (or whatever, I don't remember the exact wording) message appeared and I got returned. I'm not sure if the guy just disconnected or if there's some kind of item that lets you bail, and if so, I'm not sure if I got any reward for doing so.

Sure is. You own it from the very beginning of the game.

so many weapons in this game i am not sure which one to upgrade...

Right now i am using the Irithyll Straight sword.+2 and have a refined broadsword +2. I am a knight class. Is there a superior weapon in this game? or its like bloodborne find the one you like and keep upgrading. I remember i beat bloodborne using the Ludwigs sword and the Axe. Never upgraded any other weapons...

I decided to stick with the Uchi in case there were other better katanas later.

There's the (spoiler for a weapon that's in every game)
Chaos Blade but that has it's issues as usual
. Uchi is kind of as good as it's gonna get unless you wanna use the Washing Pole which scales worse.

DukeBobby

Fuck, had (mid-game boss spoilers)
Pontiff Sulyvahn
down to a fraction of health and now I can't even get it below half.

Yup, this is Dark Souls alright.

Floody

I don't know if this is common knowledge but I noticed that the
Crystal Sage rapier
gives 50 item discovery so I've been rolling with it in my left hand instead of a shield and found a huge increase in drops!

Didn't know that, been walking around with a shield or a bow on my back, using the coins when I want to farm for some gear. I'm doing that from now on.

Zeliard

I don't know if this is common knowledge but I noticed that the
Crystal Sage rapier
gives 50 item discovery so I've been rolling with it in my left hand instead of a shield and found a huge increase in drops!

Yep I was using it a lot as a sheathed off-hand during the first half or so of the game. You still get the +50 item discovery buff so long as it's in your hands or in your sheath, so you're free to 2H some other weapon, or quickly switch to it before a kill (though I find the latter cumbersome, personally).

JTCx

So now there's
two dragons
. Is there an actual way to get past or is it just "lol go buy some arrows" ?

lol go buy some arrows.

Im assuming youre at the very top of Lorthric castle? If so you can make your way past the 2 dragons by falling to the side of the small bridge towards the left.

There's the (spoiler for a weapon that's in every game)
Chaos Blade but that has it's issues as usual
. Uchi is kind of as good as it's gonna get unless you wanna use the Washing Pole which scales worse.

Oh I forgot about the spoilered one. Haven't gotten it yet. I did just get the
twin katanas in the archives, which I want to mess around with.

Ferr986

I guess cooping at Vorlt is not possible anymore. Everyone that summons there is stupid enought to think that a couple of low lvl dudes with their +1 weapon is enough for the dancer.

wheeplash

Can confirm:
''Healing the curse/hollowing'' via
Goddess Velka
(sewers in Undead Settlement) doesn't mess up with
Yoel's
questline.

Plum

So is there any reason to kill the N
ameless King
other than completionism if you don't care at all for the items you get afterwards? I'm probably just going to finish the game then kill him after the credits roll.

burgerdog

So I keep thinking about an area below the undead settlement and I'm past the valley now and I haven't found a way down there yet. Is it accessible to me now? Sometimes I miss the easiest paths for looking too hard.

Cyborg

Question about secret convenant: I just fought the
Giant tree
and after I defeated him the guy standing next to the convenant was dead. Did I do something wrong?

Zocano

Blue Sentinel friends, where are you getting the most action? SL30 isn't cutting it. I hear SL50-60 is good.

Question about secret convenant: I just fought the
Giant tree
and after I defeated him the guy standing next to the convenant was dead. Did I do something wrong?

Technically, no. But you've locked it out for now/

Randam

The grab has a super long wind-up so you're gonna have to learn to either dodge it or step out of the way when it's coming.

I know.

but reading patterns, learning signs is my only weaknes.

and often, I can't roll away, because I was spamming R1 befor and it takes ages, before he will do the roll.

Plum

I wanna invade some low level areas but you only get 5 cracked eye orbs at the beginning.

If you give a Pale Tongue to the guy leaning against the King Lothric throne he gives you a key which lets you go to somewhere in Undead Settlement. Kill an enemy down there and you get the unlimited red eye orb.

Cyborg

Blue Sentinel friends, where are you getting the most action? SL30 isn't cutting it. I hear SL50-60 is good.

Technically, no. But you've locked it out for now/

What do you mean? I already found him through the guy that carrys
the cage
and spoke earlier to him

jonjonaug

So is there any reason to kill the N
ameless King
other than completionism if you don't care at all for the items you get afterwards? I'm probably just going to finish the game then kill him after the credits roll.

There's no reason you can't kill him after the credits, he's 100% optional.

What do you mean? I already found him through the guy that carrys
the cage
and spoke earlier to him

Oh, you're fine then. That will always happen when you kill that boss. The offerings for the covenant are made to the altar in the room, not that NPC.

Agram

What level should I be for Y
horm
?
I'm level 56 and I'm doing small damage.
Any advice? Is there any boss I can fight before him?

Not bad for my first invasion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEury0z_Ol8

Later I found out some of these are scripted, so I'm not sure whether this guy was AI or not. After joining the dog covenant I got to invade others a lot and realized way too many people playing right now are as bad at it as I am, so I didn't feel bad about not being able to parry. I'm WAY more reliable at pulling backstabs, though.
Sometimes even when I pull a parry, my dumb character swings instead of doing the stab animation. I don't know how people even parry in this game, with the amount of weapons there are, different timings and lag?

8 hours in and I feel a lot more settled but still miss how things work in bloodborne :(

jonjonaug

What level should I be for Y
horm
?
I'm level 56 and I'm doing small damage.
Any advice? Is there any boss I can fight before him?

You're doing it wrong.
If you grabbed a sword from his throne, read its item description. Note that the special needs to be charged first.

Same thing happened to me last night. And no, that wasn't scripted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom